Awesome Baby beat Artemis by 2¾ lengths Saturday at Santa Anita in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes for 3-year-old fillies.
Solitary Ranger set the pace and ran away down the stretch to capture Saturday's $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial at Turfway Park.
Post-time favorite Samraat fought through the stretch versus a pair of rivals and came out on top in winning Saturday's $500,000 Gotham Stakes at Aqueduct.
Spot rallied from fifth place to beat favorite No Nay Never by 2½ lengths Saturday in the Grade 2 Swale Stakes for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park.
Santa Anita Park announced Friday its stakes schedule for the 40-day summer race meet beginning Friday, April 25.
Samraat improved to 5 for 5 with a victory Saturday in the $500,000 Gotham Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Eclipse Award winner Shared Belief, sidelined with a quarter crack of his right front foot, is stabled at Golden Gate Fields for Hall of Fame trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
Holy Bull Stakes winner Cairo Prince turned in a five furlong workout Saturday four weeks ahead of the $1 million Florida Derby on March 29.
Spot, ridden by Jose Lezcano, came from off the pace to run down No Nay Never and win Saturday's $200,000 Swale Stakes at Gulfstream Park.
Swale Stakes favorite Havana has been scratched from Saturday's race with a quarter crack in his right front foot. The 3-year-old was scheduled to make his 2014 debut in the seven- furlong stakes.
The mutuel field of "All Others" in the third Kentucky Derby Future Wager has jumped out to be the even-money favorite of the 24 betting interests.
Long-shot Find Your Spot won the Santa Anita's $58,000 feature race for 3-year-old fillies in the rain Friday.
Hallandale Beach, FL (Sports Network) - A majority interest in Holy Bull Stakes winner Cairo Prince has been acquired by Darley Stud. The 3-year-old colt will continue to be trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and race as a part of Sheik Mohammed al-Maktoum's Godolphin Stable.
It's been a difficult couple of weeks for 3- year-old colt Bond Holder.
County Lineman rallied to beat heavy favorite Batti Man by a head Thursday at Santa Anita in the $50,000 Indian River Purse, a race moved from the turf to the main track because of overnight rain.
Cape Cod Carol rolled to an easy win Friday as the 3-5 favorite in the $62,720 allowance feature for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Delta Jackpot winner Rise Up came out of Saturday's $400,000 Risen Star Stakes at Fair Grounds Race Course in good shape even after a poor start proved too much to overcome in the 1 1/16-mile stakes.
Almost everyone has heard the name Secretariat considering he is perhaps the most well-known horse over the last 50 years. Unfortunately, well over half the population wasn't born when Big Red swept the Triple Crown.
Thursday was a time to stretch the legs for Breeders' Cup Classic winner Mucho Macho Man as he trains for the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap on Saturday, March 8.
It may be just for one year, but the seven-furlong Swale Stakes at Gulfstream Park is once again an important prep race leading to the 140th Kentucky Derby.
- Call for charges in street artist Israel ‘Reefa‘ Hernandez-Llach‘s death
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Caribbean Community leaders want formal apology from Europe for slavery
- Bill to remove arcades from gambling ban could create loopholes
- Syrian refugee crisis brings Israelis and Arabs together in Miami Beach
- Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection again
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Newtown gunman's dad opens up in magazine article
- Henry Rodriguez, Carter Capps among candidates for open Miami Marlins bullpen spots
- LeBron James drops the ball in Miami Heats loss to Chicago Bulls
- Miami Hurricanes pay tribute to JoJo Nicolas
- Miami Marlins’ Steve Cishek knows pressure of being the closer
- Greg Cote: Patrick Reed has the right look and game to match it
- Florida Panthers’ Jimmy Hayes is planted in right spot
- Florida Panthers sunk by Boston Bruins for eighth game in a row
- Miami Dolphins reach deal with safety Louis Delmas; cut cornerback Dimitri Patterson
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Business group to represent Alton store owners in Miami Beach
- Dadeland Mall’s terrace dining is kicking off
- 18 banks get top ratings from BauerFinancial; four get lowest ratings
- Israeli cruise passengers denied entry to Tunisia
- Construction underway on new AC Hotel by Marriott
- McDonald’s sales dragged down by fourth-straight drop
- American Air says asset sales totaled $381 million
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies