Cristina's Journey won the $231,000 Pocahontas by 2 1/4 lengths Saturday at Churchill Downs for her second victory in two career starts.
Rainbow Heir drew off in the stretch to beat Partyallnightlong by 12 ½ lengths in in the $60,000 New Jersey Breeders' Handicap on Saturday at Monmouth Park.
Soi Phet, ridden by Kent Desormeaux, broke his own record for eight furlongs as the gelding won Saturday's $200,000 Los Alamitos Mile at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Patrice Delaveau of France met the expectations of family and friends in attendance with two clear rounds to make the show jumping final four at the World Equestrian Games on Saturday.
Long-shot Lucky Player held off stablemate Bold Conquest by a neck to win the $115,500 Grade 3 Iroquois Saturday at Churchill Downs and earn the first points toward next year's Kentucky Derby.
Soi Phet won the $200,750 Los Alamitos Mile by 7 1/4 lengths in a track-record time at Los Alamitos on Saturday.
Red Rifle held off Reflecting by 1 1/4 lengths Saturday in the $100,000 Yankee Affair Stakes on the turf at Belmont Park.
Golden Ticket rallied from last to edge Pants On Fire by a neck Friday in the $100,000 Left Bank Stakes, the opening day feature at Belmont Park.
France could lose its team eventing qualifying spot for the 2016 Olympics after one of its horses failed a doping test at the World Equestrian Games.
Patriots Rule defeated Eddie's First by a nose to win the $75,000 E.B. Johnston Stakes in track-record time Friday on opening day of Los Alamitos' fall meet.
The New York Racing Association says an exercise rider has died after he was thrown from a horse during training at Belmont Park.
Palace Malice, winner of last year's Belmont Stakes, is retiring after a deep bone bruise in his left hind leg was discovered.
On Fire Baby gets back into action Saturday in Churchill Downs' $100,000 Locust Grove Stakes going 1 1/16 miles on the main track.
The Netherlands held off a late charge from host France to win the team jumping at the World Equestrian Games on Thursday.
Chestnut 6-year-old Clubhouse Ride gets back into the starting gate Saturday in the $200,000 Los Alamitos Mile at Los Alamitos Race Course.
Here we are in the final four months of 2014 and less than three months until the 31st Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Highly regarded mare On Fire Baby gets back into action Saturday in Churchill Downs' $100,000 Locust Grove Stakes going 1 1/16 miles on the main track.
Louisiana Derby winner Vicar's in Trouble and Ohio Derby champ East Hall headline a field of 11 3-year-olds for Saturday's $400,000 Super Derby at Louisiana Downs.
Itsmyluckyday nosed out rival 4-year-old Moreno to win Saturday's Woodward at Saratoga and was rewarded with entry into the NTRA Thoroughbred Poll for races through the Labor Day weekend.
Lightly raced Protonico, ridden by Joe Bravo, made a late rally to win Monday's $300,000 Smarty Jones Stakes at Parx Racing.
- Toxic soil forces closure of athletic fields at Colonial Drive Park
- Iraq war veteran sues Gov. Rick Scott, state of Florida over loss of job
- Miami-Dade budget faces final vote
- Miami Beach shows off new anti-flooding pumps
- President Barack Obama rules out ground troops vs. Islamic State group: ‘We’re not going to do this alone’
- Contractor gets 7 years in military secrets case
- Dog missing from Pennsylvania found in Oregon
- Sheriff: Burned armpit hair led to Idaho car crash
- Miami Marlins defeat Mets, end long road trip 5-5
- Florida Panthers’ owners vow to not move team
- Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill tries to target problem of inaccuracy
- FIU Panthers freshman duo find rhythm on offense
- Miami Heat adds Keith Smart, Chris Quinn as assistant coaches
- Miami Hurricanes show no fear of going to Nebraska
- Miami Dolphins giving Daniel Thomas another chance
- Greg Cote: Adrian Peterson case and others prove NFL guided by public reaction, not moral compass
- Atlantic Broadband offers 1 Gigabit service
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s new $719 million, 8,000-foot runway is ready for take off
- Fort Lauderdale home health firm settles federal whistleblower case.
- Citrix purchases South Florida startup
- Books & Books coming to Arsht Center campus in downtown Miami
- Fed signals firm end to bond buying
- Brickell Motors buys Ocean Cadillac
- In the social media age, private actions are company business
- How to find a doctor who makes house calls
- Celebrating Halloween at the theme parks
- Jewish Museum of Florida’s recipe contest celebrates foods of the High Holy Days
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Color is the new black: Spring/summer fashion trend report
- Make a Carrabba’s fan-favorite chicken dish at home
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Powerful Washington lobbyist Boggs dies at 73
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82