Ju Ju Eyeballs took the lead in the stretch and drew off to win the $60,000 Klassy Briefcase Stakes at Monmouth Park on Sunday, beating Indian Splendor by 1¾ lengths.
La Grange won the $100,000 Cinderella Stakes for 2-year-olds by 2 3/4 lengths on closing day of Los Alamitos' brief summer meet on Sunday.
Defending two-time winner Ben's Cat came roaring down the stretch Saturday to capture his third straight $200,000 Parx Dash Handicap at Parx Racing.
Wonderfella held off Jeter in the closing strides to win by a half-length in the $42,000 allowance feature at Monmouth Park on Saturday.
Belle Gallantey, ridden by Jose Ortiz, set a very slow pace and was able to hold off odds-on favorite Princess of Sylmar to win Saturday's 77th running of the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (Del 'Cap) at Delaware Park.
He's Watching rallied to win the $776,000 Meadowlands Pace on Saturday night, tying the fastest time in the history of harness racing.
Keeneland is planning a monthlong festival next year to celebrate the arrival of the Breeders' Cup at the Lexington track.
Hangover Kid, sent off as the 9-2 second pick, came from off the pace to capture Saturday's $200,000 Bowling Green Handicap over 1 1/2 miles at Belmont Park.
Doinghardtimeagain won the $200,500 Great Lady M. Stakes by 1 1/4 lengths for the Hall of Fame duo of trainer Jerry Hollendorfer and jockey Mike Smith at Los Alamitos on Saturday.
NFL star Wes Welker was at the home of British racing. Consider his day incomplete.
Hangover Kid edged Grandeur by a head Saturday in the $200,000 Bowling Green Handicap on the turf at Belmont Park.
Hall of Fame jockey Gary Stevens will undergo knee replacement surgery and has stopped riding for the foreseeable future.
Valdirone swept past Night Badger midway through the stretch and went on to a 1 3/4-length victory in the $46,000 feature on Friday at Los Alamitos.
Wise Dan, the reigning two-time Horse of the Year, had his first workout Friday morning since his colic surgery in May.
Los Alamitos Race Course, running its first thoroughbred meet in 23 years, is getting good reviews for its reconfigured racetrack.
Weekend Hideaway beat West Hills Giant by 1 1-2 lengths in the $75,000 allowance feature for New York breds at Belmont Park on Friday.
Social Inclusion, third in the Preakness Stakes, posted a workout Thursday for the upcoming Haskell Invitational.
Scarly Charly, heavily favored on a big class drop, beat Box Office by one length on Thursday in the $77,000 allowance feature at Belmont Park.
Veteran racehorse Ben's Cat will face nine challengers Saturday as the 8-year-old gelding defends his two consecutive wins in the $200,000 Parx Dash Handicap at Parx Racing.
Plainview led all the way Wednesday, beating Red Rifle by three quarters of a length in the $85,000 allowance feature on the turf at Belmont Park.
- Travel to Israel slows after FAA ban
- Jumbo’s, pioneer Liberty City eatery, closes its doors
- Payá family launches new effort for plebiscite in Cuba
- Coral Gables postpones decision on trolley-dispute settlement
- Dueling rulings create Obamacare uncertainty
- Exile activist arrested in alleged fraud
- Lawsuit: Inflatable sumo wrestling led to brain injury at Miami-Dade charter school
- Charlie Crist about to get millions in campaign subsidy
- Soccer friendly at Marlins Park will be missing James Rodriguez and possibly Radamel Falcao
- Source: Miami Marlins interest remains in Oakland reliever Jim Johnson
- Walton advances to 400 semifinals at IAAF meet
- Miami Hurricanes shifting to attack mode
- Garrett Jones comes up big for Miami Marlins in 10th inning win over Braves
- Cuban-American goalie Al Montoya hopes to ‘show off my American dream’ with Florida Panthers
- Radamel Falcao steals show during AS Monaco workout at FIU
- Media predicts Miami Hurricanes will win ACC Coastal Division
- Goodwill, feds investigate for possible data breach
- Many workers say binge-watching TV on their time off is a pleasurable way to keep the world at bay.
- Bal Harbour Shops’ first two-story designer boutique, Salvatore Ferragamo, opens on Friday
- Mansion at 12 Indian Creek sells for $28 million
- Florida Community Bank’s parent wants to raise at least $208.8 million in IPO
- Miami-Dade prices still climbing, but there’s pressure on sales of existing condos
- Broward home sales, prices rose in June
- Colombian coffee company Juan Valdez kicks off U.S. expansion with downtown Miami café
- Dive in to a big bowl of cold soup this summer
- Parmigiano-Reggiano earns its reign as king of cheeses
- Miami Flavors: Spotlight on Nicaraguan food, ingredients
- Fit tip: Eat more mangoes
- Carolyn Hax: Am I single and loving it or just scared?
- Dear Abby: Younger couples weigh in on how they handle money
- A cut above: Sharp knives are a home cook’s greatest tool
- Layered picnic coleslaw is a sight to behold
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 20
- Zany underwater music festival in Florida Keys still a hit
- Life’s not easy in the islands
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Festival sets out to put a positive spin on Overtown
- ‘Arrow,’ ‘Spartacus’ star Manu Bennett worked with WWE’s John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Correction: Obit-Thomas Berger story
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- Red Tops vocalist dies at 87
- James Garner, TV antihero of 'Maverick,' 'Rockford,' dies at 86
- Thomas Berger, 'Little Big Man' author, dead at 89