A 10-year agreement has been reached between Churchill Downs and NBC Sports Group to have the network continue exclusive rights to televising the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks through 2025.
Poker Player and Solitary Ranger, both trained by Wayne Catalano, are the starting co-highweights for Saturday's 11-horse field, $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial at Turfway Park.
The mutuel field of "All Others" is again the morning-line favorite for the third Kentucky Derby Future Wager for the 140th Run for the Roses on May 3.
Top Billing, third in Saturday's Fountain of Youth Stakes, is a possible starter in next month's $1 million Florida Derby at Gulfstream Park.
The racing manager and three vets are leaving their roles at Godolphin as the horse racing organization is restructured following a doping scandal.
In Trouble and Samraat, a pair of unbeaten 3-year-olds, top the 11-horse field for Saturday's $500,000 Gotham Stakes at Aqueduct.
Red Minx remained undefeated with a 1¼-length victory over Go West Marie on Monday in the $60,760 allowance feature for fillies and mares at Aqueduct.
Breeders' Cup Classic winner Mucho Macho Man safely arrived at Santa Anita Park Sunday ahead of a start in the $750,000 Santa Anita Handicap on Saturday, March 8.
When it mattered most, the bob went Wildcat Reds way.
Sweet Swap, ridden by Joe Talamo, pressed the pace before moving to the front and claiming Sunday's $75,000 Joe Hernandez Stakes at Santa Anita.
Sweet Swap beat Zimmer by 1¾ lengths Sunday in the $75,000 Joe Hernandez Stakes for older horses at Santa Anita.
Hot Rendezvous won the $61,000 allowance feature on Sunday at Aqueduct for her fourth win in the past five starts.
Bee A Magician has been voted harness racing's Horse of the Year following a 17-for-17 campaign.
Bond Holder, scratched from Saturday's Risen Star Stakes, has been nominated and will make his 3-year-old debut in the Tampa Bay Derby at Tampa Bay Downs. The colt is one of 57 3-year-olds nominated to the $350,000, 1 1/16-mile race.
Horse racing | Gulfstream Park
Jose Garoffolo knew Wildcat Red had potential from the moment he laid eyes on him at the Ocala Breeders Sales Co.'s sale last June.
Air travel for thoroughbred horses has become quite routine. Load the horse onto the plane at one location to arrive unharmed at another location.
Intense Holiday, the 5-1 fourth pick, came from off the pace in a 14-horse field to win Saturday's $400,000 Risen Star Stakes at Fair Grounds.
Ambitious Brew upset 4-5 favorite Lakerville to win the $100,000 Sensational Star Stakes at Santa Anita by 1½ lengths on Saturday.
Zivo and Farhaan won the $100,000 stakes at Aqueduct on Saturday.
Hutcheson Stakes winner Wildcat Red got the head bob at the wire over General a Rod to win Saturday's $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes at Gulfstream Park.
- FBI probing alleged removal of documents from CIA by Senate staffers
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Rubio wants U.S. attention on Venezuela crisis
- Obamas to visit Miami-Dade's Coral Reef High School on Friday
- Police: Man urinated on people near UF campus
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- At CPAC, Sen. Marco Rubio presses for assertive U.S. foreign policy
- ALF industry hires top state regulator
- Miami Hurricanes stop for spring break as Al Golden appears pleased
- Jason Dufner, four others tied at weather-affected Doral
- Miami Marlins coach Brett Butler offers expertise in running the bases
- Miami Heat falls flat against San Antonio Spurs
- Florida Panthers Luongo settles into familiar spot
- Miami Heats LeBron James plans to attend ceremony for Zydrunas Ilgauskas
- Bacardi Miami Sailing Week: Brazilians maintain lead after rough day on Biscayne Bay
- Greg Cote: Tiger Woods fizzles amid Round 1 deluge in Doral
- BritWeek Miami celebrates UK’s economic links to Florida
- Stock and housing gains put U.S. net worth at record
- Staples to close 225 stores as sales move online
- Developer can go ahead with scaled-back plans for luxury home in North Miami Beach
- Miami area negative equity fell to 29.8 percent in fourth quarter
- AT&T looks to hire 450 in Florida
- Miami’s $11.5 million movie/TV studio gets green light
- Merchants in Florida, Texas and California suie over swipe-fee surcharge bans
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- A golden brooch inspires a Vietnamese-American in search of Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Shark lovers try to save Jaws from Trinidad’s bite
- When a parent’s bookkeeper is secretive
- ‘Best ever’ strawberry cake starts with a mix
- Chickpeas a nutritious, delicious pantry staple
- A ‘terroirist’ guide to California chardonnay
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- Looking back at life from a distance
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘12 Years a Slave,’ Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey take top honors at Academy Awards
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Agent: Game show host Geoff Edwards dies at 83
- 'How We Die' author Nuland dies in Conn. at age 83
- Justin Kaplan, Bartlett's editor, dead at 88
- Pioneering Pittsburgh-area DJ Porky Chedwick dies
- French filmmaker Resnais dies at 91
- MiG jets designer Rostislav Belyakov dies aged 94