Trainer Doug O'Neill reports on Facebook that 3-year-old colt Bond Holder has not fully recovered from his plane ride last month from California to Louisiana and will not race in this week's Tampa Bay Derby.
Green Gratto cruised to a third straight win at Aqueduct, taking the $60,760 allowance feature by 7¾ lengths on Monday.
Gotham Stakes winner Samraat and the next two 3-year-ods under the wire are all headed for another meeting in Aqueduct's $1 million Wood Memorial on April 5.
The mutuel field of "All Others" closed as the 3-1 favorite among all betting interests in the third Kentucky Derby Future Wager for the 140th Run for the Roses on May 3.
First Ranger pulled a 13-1 upset on Sunday in the $55,860 allowance feature for New York bred 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Awesome Baby beat Artemis by 2¾ lengths Saturday at Santa Anita in the $100,000 Santa Ysabel Stakes for 3-year-old fillies.
Swale Stakes favorite Havana has been scratched from Saturday's race with a quarter crack in his right front foot. The 3-year-old was scheduled to make his 2014 debut in the seven- furlong stakes.
Solitary Ranger set the pace and ran away down the stretch to capture Saturday's $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial at Turfway Park.
Post-time favorite Samraat fought through the stretch versus a pair of rivals and came out on top in winning Saturday's $500,000 Gotham Stakes at Aqueduct.
Spot rallied from fifth place to beat favorite No Nay Never by 2½ lengths Saturday in the Grade 2 Swale Stakes for 3-year-olds at Gulfstream Park.
Santa Anita Park announced Friday its stakes schedule for the 40-day summer race meet beginning Friday, April 25.
Samraat improved to 5 for 5 with a victory Saturday in the $500,000 Gotham Stakes for 3-year-olds at Aqueduct.
Eclipse Award winner Shared Belief, sidelined with a quarter crack of his right front foot, is stabled at Golden Gate Fields for Hall of Fame trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
Holy Bull Stakes winner Cairo Prince turned in a five furlong workout Saturday four weeks ahead of the $1 million Florida Derby on March 29.
Spot, ridden by Jose Lezcano, came from off the pace to run down No Nay Never and win Saturday's $200,000 Swale Stakes at Gulfstream Park.
The mutuel field of "All Others" in the third Kentucky Derby Future Wager has jumped out to be the even-money favorite of the 24 betting interests.
Long-shot Find Your Spot won the Santa Anita's $58,000 feature race for 3-year-old fillies in the rain Friday.
Hallandale Beach, FL (Sports Network) - A majority interest in Holy Bull Stakes winner Cairo Prince has been acquired by Darley Stud. The 3-year-old colt will continue to be trained by Kiaran McLaughlin and race as a part of Sheik Mohammed al-Maktoum's Godolphin Stable.
It's been a difficult couple of weeks for 3- year-old colt Bond Holder.
County Lineman rallied to beat heavy favorite Batti Man by a head Thursday at Santa Anita in the $50,000 Indian River Purse, a race moved from the turf to the main track because of overnight rain.
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- FSU names interim president; no front-runner considered
- Judge wants more oversight, tougher penalties for Miami-Dade sewer mandate
- Rick Scott touts 'record funding' for environmental protection in State of the State speech
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives
- Massachusetts OKs bill outlawing 'upskirt' photos
- Officer says US general sexually assaulted her
- Judge: Sharper can't be held indefinitely in jail
- Linda Robertson: Breathtaking seamanship at Bacardi Miami Sailing Week
- Longtime Miami Dolphins PR executive Harvey Greene gets new post with team
- Archbishop McCarthy baseball routs American Heritage, makes statement
- LeBron James complaint about Miami Heats sleeved jerseys turns into a familiar circus
- David J. Neal: Theres no place to hide for Trump National Dorals many victims
- Miami Marlins Henderson Alvarez picks up where he left off
- In return to Florida Panthers, goalie Roberto Luongo pitches shutout of Buffalo Sabres
- Long, winding road for Miami Hurricanes seniors coming to an end
- Karl Lagerfeld to design Macau hotel
- Bitcoin too volatile an investment without consumer protections
- 'Tsunami' of store closings predicted for U.S. retailers
- Renovation complete at Courtyard Cadillac in Miami Beach
- Get the perfect panoramic with Motrr Galileo
- Should you consider U.S. Treasury's new floating rate notes?
- Miami’s retail landscape is exploding, developer Jeff Berkowitz tells attendees at Akerman conference
- Turnberry Associates files drawings for its planned expansion at Aventura Mall
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- Street medicine brings healthcare to Miami’s homeless
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘12 Years a Slave,’ Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey take top honors at Academy Awards
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93
- Former TV academy president Hank Rieger dies
- Wife of longtime Yankee Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92