The Tampa Bay Lightning saw Steven Stamkos and Ryan Callahan score long-awaited goals in Thursday's skid-stopping victory.
The Detroit Red Wings needed this game to balance their post-Olympics math, to avoid having to cram even harder.
There are excruciating 0-0 games to sit through, and then there are scintillating ones.
The reeling Anaheim Ducks needed something to stop their slide. A record-setting second period did the trick.
Francis Bouillon scored 1:26 into overtime as the Montreal Canadiens rallied to stun the Ottawa Senators, 5-4, at Bell Centre.
Unlike most Flyers-Penguins games, Saturday afternoon's matchup was devoid of any drama.
Following a split of a four-game road trip out east, the Phoenix Coyotes return home on Saturday night to take on the Calgary Flames and attempt to keep pace in the playoff race.
The Boston Bruins will try to record eight straight wins for the first time in over two years when the Eastern Conference leaders welcome the Carolina Hurricanes for Saturday's clash at TD Garden.
LOS ANGELES-Willie Mitchell doesn't need to look at a calendar to know the playoffs are approaching.
On a night when each goalie was at the top of his game, it took a video review to decide the winner.
Ben Bishop stopped 23 shots for his fifth shutout of the season to help the Tampa Bay Lightning to a 3-0 win over the New Jersey Devils.
Jarome Iginla scored a pair of goals and Milan Lucic added one with a pair of assists, as the Boston Bruins earned their eighth straight win with a 5-1 triumph over the Carolina Hurricanes.
The Buffalo Sabres hope to avoid a fifth straight setback on Saturday night as they visit the New York Islanders at Nassau Coliseum.
Little did low-scoring Anaheim Ducks winger Daniel Winnik know his goal would trigger an avalanche of them.
Kyle Palmieri scored two goals in a six-goal second period for the Anaheim Ducks, who defeated the Colorado Avalanche, 6-4, on Friday.
The Montreal Canadiens were ecstatic. The Ottawa Senators were speechless.
The Detroit Red Wings have recalled right wing Jordin Tootoo from the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.
Though Los Angeles fell one victory shy of matching the longest winning streak in club history, the Kings still have a firm hold on a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Battle of Pennsylvania is set to resume Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia, as the Pittsburgh Penguins visit the Flyers at Wells Fargo Center for the opener of a home-and-home series.
Cory Schneider will try to rebound from his rough outing a week ago as he gets the call on Friday night for the New Jersey Devils against Roberto Luongo and the Florida Panthers.
- Despite high prices, spring breakers back in town
- Massive support claimed for Crimea merger with Russia; Ukrainian troops given till Friday to leave
- 1 killed, another wounded in Homestead shooting
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
- Syrian army ousts rebels from border stronghold
- Sam Champion to debut new Weather Channel AMHQ morning show on Monday
- Fatal pummeling in Key West: Fantasy Fest murder trial begins Monday
- Brazil's WCup: Anger over waste, poor planning
- Brad Hand could be in line for a spot in the Miami Marlins’ rotation
- Tarpon showing up early in South Florida waters and they arent shy
- Florida Gators rally, top Tennessee to reach SEC tourney final
- Miami Dolphins put down payment on future, but did they upgrade?
- Roberto Luongo, Florida Panthers fall to Canucks in shootout
- Hialeah Park bets on boxing to be winner
- Heatles out of rhythm, aim to get in sync vs. Rockets
- Nova Southeastern women cruise, reach South Region title game
- Fast-growing Florida Community Bank is strengthening its foothold in Miami-Dade and Broward
- Q&A: John Clarke and Martin Lynch of JohnMartin’s Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Protect your brand: Know what you stand for, and stick to it!
- DonorCommunity expands, now serves more than 140 nonprofits
- Major discussion at the Wolfsonian-FIU to explore whether the Internet is a blessing or a curse
- Teen business takes off in a flash
- Entrepreneurship datebook and startup news to note
- South Florida inventors face challenges bringing inventions to market
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: Don’t allow teachers to carry guns in school
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 16-22, 2014
- Homeowner association can hold candidate forums
- Chasing waterfalls in western North Carolina
- Billed by American Airlines — and then billed again
- Jazz in the Gardens fans want more than just music; they also want seafood
- What’s wrong with my avocado tree?
- Experience Hawaii the easy way: By cruise ship
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of March 16
- Area Stage offers another take on Anne Frank’s familiar story
- Beer of the week: Black’s Dawn has a kick of coffee
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Two Miami-made films tell stories of the city’s unique music scene
- Multimedia spectacle featuring Robert Redford and environmental awareness lights up Miami’s YoungArts Foundation
- GableStage’s ‘The Mountaintop’ shows a different side of Martin Luther King Jr.
- David Mamet’s ‘The Anarchist’ gets its post-Broadway debut in Fort Lauderdale
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Georgia congressman Bo Callaway dies
- Former director of U.S. Marshals Service Eduardo Gonzalez dies
- Comedian David Brenner, ‘Tonight' favorite, dies
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Burn center found Dr. A. Grossman dies at 81
- Man known as kissing sailor in WWII-era image dies
- Longtime Hollywood reporter Bob Thomas dead at 92
- Tony Benn, devoted British socialist, dies at 88