There is intrigue surrounding whether Flyers goalie Steve Mason will play in Thursday's playoff opener against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
Teemu Selanne and Jean-Sebastien Giguere skated to center ice under a spotlight on the darkened rink, their clasped hands held aloft.
The New York Islanders finally found their stride, it just came way too late to salvage this non-playoff season.
The Colorado Avalanche rose from the dregs of a 29th-place finish last season to win the Central Division title, and the St. Louis Blues collapsed late in the regular season and lost their chance to finish atop the Central, Western Conference and the NHL overall.
Goaltender Tomas Vokoun, sidelined the entire 2013-14 regular season while recovering from a career-threatening blood clot in his leg, was recalled by the Pittsburgh Penguins from a minor league conditioning assignment on Monday.
Tampa Bay goaltender Anders Lindback, Anaheim netminder John Gibson and Columbus center Ryan Johansen have been selected as the NHL's top players for the final week of the regular season.
Teemu Selanne will play again at Honda Center this week and possibly beyond but there might not be another night for him like Sunday and the Ducks made it all the more memorable by ending their regular season in fitting fashion.
When you're often the smallest player on the ice and skating circles around opponents, you become a target.
A mere three weeks ago, Jonas Hiller was gearing up for the playoffs during another strong season as the Anaheim Ducks' starting goalie.
PHILADELPHIA - The Flyers are optimistic but cautious about whether goalie Steve Mason will play in Thursday's playoff opener against the New York Rangers.
This season had a familiar feel for the Florida Panthers, who again relied heavily on prospects and again missed the playoffs.
Brendan Shanahan was introduced as the new president of the Toronto Maple Leafs on Monday and said much work needs to be done for a team that missed the playoffs for the eighth time in the past nine seasons.
ST. PAUL, Minn. - With the playoffs around the corner, it was clear the Minnesota Wild was in severe do-not-get-hurt mode during Sunday's 7-3 regular-season finale drubbing by the Nashville Predators.
Kimmo Timonen had just finished an interview with a Finnish television crew last week and was in a pensive but happy mood.
Carolina Hurricanes forward Alexander Semin will undergo surgery to repair an injury to his wrist, team general manager Jim Rutherford announced during Monday's end-of-the-season media session.
With his nose broken and a red bruise formed beneath his left eye, veteran Buffalo Sabres forward Drew Stafford settled on a sliver of positive perspective in assessing one of the worst and most tumultuous seasons in the franchise's 44-year history.
New York, NY (Sports Network) - The NHL has fined Philadelphia Flyers forward Scott Hartnell $5,000 for spearing Carolina Hurricanes defenseman Brett Bellemore during Sunday's game.
You are a young prospect drafted by the Detroit Red Wings, and it is September and you are in Traverse City, Mich., at training camp. The mandatory practice is done, the one overseen by the coaches, and you see Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk and Niklas Kronwall go to the gym for another 45 minutes of work.
CHICAGO - Patrick Kane zigged one way and zagged the other during a skating drill Monday. Following close behind was Jonathan Toews. They then switched places with Toews leading the way.
A miserable season for the Vancouver Canucks ended with a scary incident.
- Police still searching for killer of woman, 62
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Coast Guard works to clean fuel spill in Miami’s Government Cut
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Boat with five migrants intercepted; unresponsive woman taken to hospital
- Miami Beach to host town hall meeting to discuss Beckham’s soccer proposal
- Florida legislators push for millions in spending
- Smaller buses to serve a portion of Venetian Causeway
- Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna pace Miami Marlins rout of Washington Nationals
- Technology embraced by Miami Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey
- University of Miami pole vaulter Alysha Newman overcomes fear to succeed
- FIFA World Cup Trophy makes the rounds as Brazil promises an efficiently run 2014 tournament
- Cypress Bay girls tennis team delayed; Coral Gables wins boys title
- Miami Heat experiences changes but same goal remains
- Coral Gables edges past Cypress Bay for first boys state tennis title in 42 years
- Alejandro Blancos shortened no-hitter sparks American over Miami Springs
- Miami Beach road construction continues to pinch businesses
- eMerge Americas Techweek to bring in array of experts, events
- Coral Gables may swap two old parking garages for a new one
- Centene Management signs lease for office space at Sawgrass Plaza in Sunrise
- Verizon installs advanced wireless systems at arenas
- For workers, low wages still create stress
- Q&A with AutoNation’s Mike Jackson: Sharing his views on the state of the auto industry
- With Criptext, this conversation never happened ...
- A Fork on the Road: Choices Cafe gives vegans plenty of flavor
- Edgy Veggie: Eggless ‘Egg Salad’
- Fit tip: Get enough water
- Watch for sleep drug risks
- If stress has you on edge, these foods will settle you
- How to correct five common beauty mistakes
- Fast, cheap test can save the lives of many babies
- Don’t manage anger — banish it!
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of April 13
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
- Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- South Florida civil rights and fair housing leader Janet Launcelott dies
- Tony Award-winning actress Phyllis Frelich dies
- Young basketball fan's memorial set for next week
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69
- Former Hawks All-Star Lou Hudson dies at 69
- British academic Richard Hoggart dies at 95
- Israeli peace activist Ron Pundak dies at 59