The Los Angeles Kings will retire Hall of Fame defenseman Rob Blake's No. 4 jersey on Jan. 17.
Restricted free-agent forward Ryan Bourque has agreed to terms on a contract with the New York Rangers.
The Winnipeg Jets agreed to terms on a one-year, two-way contract worth $600,000 with defenseman Julien Brouillette on Friday.
The Winnipeg Jets have signed defenseman Julien Brouillette to a one-year, two-way contract worth $600,000 at the NHL level.
The Carolina Hurricanes agreed to terms with the seventh overall pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, defenseman Haydn Fleury, on a three-year, entry-level contract on Thursday.
The Philadelphia Flyers agreed to terms with center Ryan White on a one-year, two-way contract on Thursday.
There will be outdoor hockey in California for a second straight season.
Former NHL defenseman Brian Rafalski is among this year's inductees into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame.
2014 No. 1 overall draft pick Aaron Ekblad sustained a concussion Tuesday while playing for Team Canada's World Juniors team in a exhibition game against the Czech Republic.
Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen has been diagnosed with blood clots in his lower right leg and both lungs.
The Pittsburgh Penguins have reached an agreement with center Brandon Sutter, the team's lone remaining restricted free agent, on a two-year contract.
The Philadelphia Flyers agreed to terms with defenseman Michael Del Zotto on a one-year contract on Tuesday.
The Tampa Bay Lightning announced the signing of goaltender Ben Bishop to a two-year contract extension on Saturday.
The Anaheim Ducks have signed left wing Patrick Maroon to a three-year contract extension and also came to terms with top draft pick Nick Ritchie on an entry-level deal.
The Montreal Canadiens and restricted free agent defenseman P.K. Subban ended their stalemate on Saturday, as the two parties agreed to terms on a new eight-year contract.
The Winnipeg Jets agreed to terms Friday with forward TJ Galiardi on a one-year, two-way contract worth $750,000.
Martin Brodeur doesn't seem interested in pulling a Brett Favre.
The Ottawa Senators and restricted free agent goaltender Robin Lehner agreed to terms Thursday on a three-year, $6.675 million contract.
The Pittsburgh Penguins have avoided arbitration with Nick Spaling, agreeing to terms Thursday with the restricted free agent forward on a two-year contract.
Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Steve Mason broke the little finger on his right hand and will miss around two weeks of on-ice training, the team announced Thursday.
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Barcelona soccer academy coming to Fort Lauderdale
- Duo’s car theft at Biscayne Boulevard Kmart is thwarted after gunman shows up, Miami-Dade police say
- Spaniard convicted of laundering drug profits in Miami condos and cars faces possible life sentence
- Fade to black: Leonard Maltin ending movie guides
- St. Louis police release video of shooting
- Israel kills 3 Hamas military commanders in Gaza
- Artist, entrepreneur Guy Harvey hosts community conversation at Miami Herald
- Austin Barron brings veteran experience to Seminoles’ returning O-line starters
- Greg Cote: It’s time to welcome Pete Rose back to baseball
- Miami Central Rockets ready for Hoover in opener
- Miami Marlins have flair for the dramatic with one-run games
- Improvement in consistency for Miami Dolphins’ Will Davis
- Florida State Seminoles focused on opener against Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Florida Gators’ defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin confident in team
- St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders start fast in prep for opener
- Jungle Island to host Halloween experience
- For Brazil, World Cup success fuels hope for more tourists at Rio Olympics
- Winn-Dixie parent Bi-Lo withdraws plans to take company public
- US judge readies response to Argentina’s threats
- Brazil expands labor rights for domestic workers
- Miami Beach may ban commercial hand-billing in busy areas
- TigerDirect to hold redesign celebration in Aventura
- Perry Ellis’ second quarter net loss narrows
- Crisp and affordable, Spanish white wines won’t dent your wallet
- SeaWorld drops appeal of OSHA violation
- Sleep disorders may be behind a child’s lack of concentration
- Global cruise lines set sail for China
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- The Herald recommends: City of Miami ballot questions
- The Herald recommends: Doral charter amendments
- The Herald recommends: Yes on all Miami Beach charter questions
- Back to school
- The Herald recommends, for Governor, Democratic primary
- The CIA’s shameful secrets
- Death penalty woes
- Voters beware of boleteras
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss
- Report: Famed Iranian poet Behbahani dies at 87