There is no way to sugarcoat what happened to the San Jose Sharks in the 2014 playoffs. Plain and simple, the Sharks choked away a 3-0 lead and handed the opening-round series to the Los Angeles Kings.
The Arizona Coyotes announced on Wednesday that the club and Gila River Casinos have agreed to a nine-year partnership agreement which includes exclusive naming rights to their hockey venue.
The Edmonton Oilers signed Leon Draisaitl, the third overall pick in the 2014 draft, to a three-year, entry-level contract on Tuesday.
The Los Angeles Kings announced Monday that the team will retire the No. 4 jersey of former defenseman Rob Blake this coming season.
The Winnipeg Jets agreed to terms on a one-year, two-way contract worth $600,000 with defenseman Julien Brouillette on Friday.
The Philadelphia Flyers agreed to terms with center Ryan White on a one-year, two-way contract on Thursday.
The Carolina Hurricanes agreed to terms with the seventh overall pick in the 2014 NHL Draft, defenseman Haydn Fleury, on a three-year, entry-level contract on Thursday.
Former NHL defenseman Brian Rafalski is among this year's inductees into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame.
2014 No. 1 overall draft pick Aaron Ekblad sustained a concussion Tuesday while playing for Team Canada's World Juniors team in a exhibition game against the Czech Republic.
There will be outdoor hockey in California for a second straight season.
Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen has been diagnosed with blood clots in his lower right leg and both lungs.
The Pittsburgh Penguins have reached an agreement with center Brandon Sutter, the team's lone remaining restricted free agent, on a two-year contract.
The Philadelphia Flyers agreed to terms with defenseman Michael Del Zotto on a one-year contract on Tuesday.
The Anaheim Ducks have signed left wing Patrick Maroon to a three-year contract extension and also came to terms with top draft pick Nick Ritchie on an entry-level deal.
The Montreal Canadiens and restricted free agent defenseman P.K. Subban ended their stalemate on Saturday, as the two parties agreed to terms on a new eight-year contract.
The Tampa Bay Lightning announced the signing of goaltender Ben Bishop to a two-year contract extension on Saturday.
Martin Brodeur doesn't seem interested in pulling a Brett Favre.
The Winnipeg Jets agreed to terms Friday with forward TJ Galiardi on a one-year, two-way contract worth $750,000.
The Pittsburgh Penguins have avoided arbitration with Nick Spaling, agreeing to terms Thursday with the restricted free agent forward on a two-year contract.
Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Steve Mason broke the little finger on his right hand and will miss around two weeks of on-ice training, the team announced Thursday.
- Pembroke Pines police bust Miami Fire Lt. in online sex sting
- Teachers union, school board association to challenge school voucher program
- Florida Supreme Court asked to rule on gay marriage
- Migrant crisis: Group asks feds for equal rights for Haitians
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69
- Mistrial declared for Medley man accused of killing 423-pound man
- Sarkisian: USC looking into Shaw's heroic story
- IMF chief Lagarde under investigation in France
- Wild-card chances diminish as Miami Marlins fall to Angels
- Daniel Thomas battling to keep job with Miami Dolphins
- Sunset stuns South Miami in football season-opener
- Miami Heat signs veteran shooting guard Shannon Brown
- Ex-Canes star Lamar Thomas to coach against alma mater when Louisville faces UM
- Miami Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton refuses to give clues on long-term future
- Florida State Seminoles will schedule walk-through at AT&T Stadium
- Nathan Eovaldi, Miami Marlins pummeled by Angels
- Melia Hotels announces spring opening for ME Miami
- Senior scams more prevalent as population ages
- Advocates for poor say Jackson Health System bars needy from charity care
- Programs protect plants and animals along path of the Panama Canal expansion
- Le Pain Quotidien scouting for four locations in Miami-Dade
- Royal Caribbean rolls out new tech for Quantum of the Seas
- Case-Shiller: Miami area home prices rose 11.5 percent in June
- Q&A with Maurice Ferré: What’s next after MAKO?
- Weekend meal recipes: Shrimp risotto, chile-chocolate brownies
- Weekday meal planner: Cubano dogs for Friday
- Carolyn Hax: One person can make a big difference standing up for another
- Farm fresh: A guide to South Florida farmers markets
- Plum salsa puts grilled pork tenderloin over the top
- Oatmeal epiphanies: Gluten-free and pod-ready
- Pro tip: Indent your burgers for even Labor Day grilling
- Exercise-induced asthma can develop suddenly, but can be managed with a pulmonologist
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- William Greaves, TV host and filmmaker, dead at 87
- Pioneering Egyptian civil rights lawyer dies at 63
- Bulgarian poet Valeri Petrov dies
- Longtime Tennessee civil rights lawyer dies at 86
- Peruvian journalist Zileri dead at 83
- Correction: Obit-Sperling story
- Correction: Britain-Obit-Richard Attenborough
- Oglala Sioux leader Gerald One Feather dies