The best team in the Western Conference played keepaway with the puck and kept pushing while the best in the Eastern Conference bent but rarely broke, pushing back when it could.
Joffrey Lupul scored the game-winning goal as the Toronto Maple Leafs defeated the Philadelphia Flyers in overtime, 4-3, at Air Canada Centre.
Mike Modano spent 20 minutes choking back tears while he thanked old teammates, family, friends, coaches and fans before stepping off the stage to watch his No. 9 get lifted to the rafters.
Ryan Miller remained undefeated with St. Louis, making 26 saves to backstop the Blues to a 2-1 win over Colorado in a Central Division showdown at Pepsi Center.
The well-rested Minnesota Wild will welcome some new faces to the lineup on Saturday, as they aim for a sixth straight win in a road test against the Dallas Stars.
Claude Giroux has the Philadelphia Flyers rolling in the right direction and the club takes aim at a fourth straight victory on Saturday night when it visits the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 28 saves and Artem Anisimov tallied the game's lone goal as the Columbus Blue Jackets shut out the Nashville Predators, 1-0, on Saturday.
On the night Calgary honored former star Joe Nieuwendyk, an inspired new generation of young centers led the Flames to a thrilling victory.
With newly signed Evgeny Kuznetsov looking on, the Washington Capitals did their best to entertain their new teammate.
Ryan Miller stopped 26 shots, and David Backes broke up a scoreless game in the second period, helping the St. Louis Blues beat the Colorado Avalanche 2-1 Saturday in a Central Division showdown.
The Columbus Blue Jackets announced Saturday that defenseman Ryan Murray will miss 4-to-6 weeks after undergoing arthroscopic surgery on his knee.
The struggling Washington Capitals will try to halt a three-game slide when they welcome Martin Erat and the Phoenix Coyotes for Saturday's battle at Verizon Center.
The Dallas Stars got a huge lift from Tim Thomas after a big hit knocked Kari Lehtonen out of the game.
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Useful.
Reilly Smith scored in the seventh-round of the shootout to lift the Boston Bruins to a 4-3 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday.
In the pre-game address at Pepsi Center on Saturday, the matchup between the Blues and Colorado was described as the most anticipated game of the season from the Avalanche perspective.
Al Jefferson scored 28 points and the Charlotte Bobcats upended the Cleveland Cavaliers, 101-92, on Friday at Time Warner Cable Arena. Jefferson has netted at least 25 points in all four games during the month of March. Kemba Walker had 20 points with 14 assists and Chris Douglas-Roberts scored 14 points in Charlotte's second straight win. Luol Deng and Dion Waiters paced six Cavs in double figures with 19 points. Spencer Hawes and Kyrie Irving each went for 13, while Tristan Thompson and Jarrett Jack posted 10 apiece as Cleveland fell to 0-3 against the Bobcats this season.
The free-falling Vancouver Canucks will try to halt a four-game slide when they welcome the Calgary Flames for Saturday's clash at Rogers Arena.
The Colorado Avalanche will try to thin the gap between themselves and the Central Division-leading St. Louis Blues as the rivals battle on Saturday afternoon at Pepsi Center.
The Dallas Stars' Kari Lehtonen left Saturday night's game with a head injury at 6:37 of the third period after the Minnesota Wild's Erik Haula ran into the goalie.
- Syrian rebels release nuns held since December
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Baltimore Ravens player arrested in Key West bar fight
- Barricaded man shot in standoff with police in Northeast Miami-Dade
- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties
- Aftershock from January earthquake rattles parts of Cuba, Florida Keys Sunday
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Report: Lineman Branden Albert plans to sign deal with Miami Dolphins
- Patrick Reed stays steady and strong in victory at WGC-Cadillac Championship
- Canelo Alvarez makes successful return to ring after loss
- Henry Rodriguez, Carter Capps among candidates for open Miami Marlins bullpen spots
- LeBron James drops the ball in Miami Heats loss to Chicago Bulls
- Greg Cote: Patrick Reed has the right look and game to match it
- LeBron James struggles during Miami Heats road trip
- Bubba Watson, Jamie Donaldson satisfied with second-place finishes in Cadillac Championship
- South Florida-based company Regal Springs Tilapia is the king of fresh tilapia
- Capitol Clothing Corp. is boosting sales of its infants’ and boys’ apparel
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- DonorCommunity expands, now serves more than 140 nonprofits
- Miami company takes golfers into danger zones
- Mako Surgical co-founders on their launch to $1.65B exit
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 9-15, 2014
- Caves, comfort food in Hocking Hills
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies
- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93