After a relatively quiet first two games in the NHL, rookie forward Evgeny Kuznetsov showed last time out why the Washington Capitals had been long awaiting his debut with the club.
Dustin Byfuglien had two goals and one assist and was one of four Winnipeg Jets with at least three points in a 7-2 rout of the Dallas Stars on Sunday.
LOS ANGELES-There were distinct flickers of playoff-like hate, here and there Saturday night at Staples Center.
A fast start, a few opportune bounces and rookie goalie Dustin Tokarski's shutout performance allowed the Montreal Canadiens to avoid needing any late-game dramatics on consecutive nights.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Given the outdoor facility in St. Louis is named "Busch Stadium," it seems unlikely St. Louis might ever host one of the outdoor NHL games sponsored by Coors. But a game in Nashville might be a good alternative.
The Vancouver Canucks were not surprised that their game against former goalie Roberto Luongo came down to a shootout.
The Edmonton Oilers used a late-power-play goal to get a hard-fought road victory.
The Penguins may be missing four regulars, but they're still leading the Metropolitan Division by a healthy margin.
Though Los Angeles fell one victory shy of matching the longest winning streak in club history, the Kings still have a firm hold on a playoff spot in the Western Conference.
The Battle of Pennsylvania is set to resume Saturday afternoon in Philadelphia, as the Pittsburgh Penguins visit the Flyers at Wells Fargo Center for the opener of a home-and-home series.
Antti Niemi stopped 35 shots and Martin Havlat netted the deciding goal late in the second period, as San Jose clipped the Islanders, 4-3, at Nassau Coliseum. Matt Nieto, Joe Thornton and Jason Demers also scored and James Sheppard contributed two assists for the Sharks, winners in two straight on their current road trip and five straight overall. Anders Lee, Brock Nelson and Frans Nielsen tallied once each for the Islanders, who kicked off a four-game homestand with their seventh loss in 10. Evgeni Nabokov faced his old team for the first time, but came up short despite a 22-save effort.
Ryan Johansen scored the decisive shootout goal as the Columbus Blue Jackets clipped the Minnesota Wild, 2-1, at Xcel Energy Center.
When the New York Islanders' lead was cut in half in the opening minute of the third period, the sense of impending doom began wafting through Nassau Coliseum.
If the Flyers continue to play as well as they did on Saturday, they'll have little trouble making the playoffs.
The Nashville Predators shouldn't be surprised about the St. Louis Blues' run to the top of the NHL standings.
He is on the ice every game, Andrew Cogliano reporting to work as religiously and predictably as the puck does.
UNIONDALE, N.Y.-For nine-plus seasons, the San Jose Sharks launched puck after puck at goalie Evgeni Nabokov. They called it practice.
Patrik Berglund scored twice and Ryan Miller turned away 30 shots as the St. Louis Blues prevailed over the Nashville Predators, 4-1.
Matt Read scored two goals to lead Philadelphia to a 4-0 victory over the Penguins at the Wells Fargo Center today.
Matt Read tallied two goals and Steve Mason earned the shutout as the Philadelphia Flyers defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins, 4-0, in the opener of a weekend home-and-home set.
- Citizens legal costs continue to climb
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- Winter's final encore? More snow for parts of US
- South Florida man to accept Medal of Honor upgrade for his uncles valor in Korea
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health
- Alleged 9/11 mastermind: accused al-Qaida spokesman had no military role
- Coral Gables police car hit by gunfire; officer escapes injury
- Florida State Seminoles make NIT cut
- Hialeah Park bets on boxing to be winner
- Ray Allen leads Miami Heat in win over Houston Rockets
- Florida Gators thwart Kentucky rally, win SEC crown
- FIU baseball team gets swept by Rice thanks to costly errors
- Brad Hand could be in line for a spot in the Miami Marlins rotation
- Linda Robertson: NCAA bracket perfection is just a dream
- Greg Oden starts for Miami Heat against Houston Rockets
- Q&A: John Clarke and Martin Lynch of JohnMartin’s Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Fast-growing Florida Community Bank is strengthening its foothold in Miami-Dade and Broward
- Entrepreneurship datebook and startup news to note
- South Florida inventors face challenges bringing ideas to market
- Protect your brand: Know what you stand for, and stick to it!
- DonorCommunity expands, now serves more than 140 nonprofits
- Major discussion at the Wolfsonian-FIU to explore whether the Internet is a blessing or a curse
- Deadline nears to apply for SBA Emerging Leaders program
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: Don’t allow teachers to carry guns in school
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 16-22, 2014
- Chasing waterfalls in western North Carolina
- Homeowner association can hold candidate forums
- Billed by American Airlines — and then billed again
- Jazz in the Gardens fans want more than just music; they also want seafood
- What’s wrong with my avocado tree?
- Experience Hawaii the easy way: By cruise ship
- GableStage‘s ‘The Mountaintop’ ascends to excellence
- Area Stage offers another take on Anne Frank’s familiar story
- Beer of the week: Black’s Dawn has a kick of coffee
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Two Miami-made films tell stories of the city’s unique music scene
- Multimedia spectacle featuring Robert Redford and environmental awareness lights up Miami’s YoungArts Foundation
- GableStage’s ‘The Mountaintop’ shows a different side of Martin Luther King Jr.
- David Mamet’s ‘The Anarchist’ gets its post-Broadway debut in Fort Lauderdale
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Georgia congressman Bo Callaway dies
- Former director of U.S. Marshals Service Eduardo Gonzalez dies
- Comedian David Brenner, ‘Tonight' favorite, dies
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Burn center found Dr. A. Grossman dies at 81
- Man known as kissing sailor in WWII-era image dies
- Longtime Hollywood reporter Bob Thomas dead at 92
- Tony Benn, devoted British socialist, dies at 88