Darryl Sutter heard the question, then looked as though he might have an aneurysm.
Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic has been fined $5,000 for spearing Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser during Friday's Game 1 of their Eastern Conference playoff series.
ANAHEIM, Calif. - The Dallas Stars have gone to school this week at Honda Center, but they are learning some hard lessons.
Alex Pietrangelo's eyes grew wide and he laughed to himself for a second after a reporter asked him what he thought of Brent Seabrook's bone crushing hit late in the third period on David Backes.
All you need to know about the kind of night Claude Giroux had in Game 1 against the Rangers is this: He had one good, clean look at a shot on goal all night, and he lifted his stick so high and swung it so wildly that he might as well have been Carl Spackler decapitating another one of Bushwood Country Club's chrysanthemums.
About the only positive the Los Angeles Kings could take out of their lopsided loss in their playoff opener to the San Jose Sharks was no matter how poorly they played, it still only counted as one loss.
The opener of the highly-anticipated Western Conference quarterfinal series between the St. Louis Blues and Chicago Blackhawks did not disappoint, On Saturday afternoon, the clubs will try for an encore performance at Scottrade Center in St. Louis.
It took Columbus 14 years to win a Stanley Cup playoff game.
Frederik Andersen made 34 saves and the Anaheim Ducks grabbed a 3-2 victory over the Dallas Stars in Game 2 of this Western Conference quarterfinal series.
Matt Calvert's first career playoff goal gave the Columbus Blue Jackets a badly needed boost. His second ended 4,493 days of futility for a franchise that is quickly morphing from laughingstock to something considerably more potent.
SAN JOSE, Calif. - A power outage darkened the SAP Center on Thursday night shortly before the Kings and Sharks were scheduled to warm up for their playoff opener, leaving the crowd murmuring in confusion and forcing antsy players to wait in corridors illuminated by dim backup lights while they wondered what to do next.
The Colorado Avalanche stole the Central Division, broke records and brought playoff hockey back to Colorado. The School of Roy added a must-read chapter in coaching.
The Sharks scored only 10 goals a year ago in their seven-game series with the Los Angeles Kings.
A lot has changed for Joel Quenneville since he roamed behind the Blues bench from 1997 to 2004.
DENVER ï¿½ It was a tale of three games for the Minnesota Wild.
Erik Johnson saved the night for the Colorado Avalanche with his quick feet and thinking.
Alex Steen scored 26 seconds into the third overtime as the Blues beat the Chicago Blackhawks, 4-3, in a marathon Game 1 of the NHL Western Conference quarterfinals Thursday night at Scottrade Center.
The top-seeded Anaheim Ducks will aim for a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven Western Conference quarterfinals Friday when they host the Dallas Stars at the Honda Center.
SAN JOSE, Calif.-The San Jose Sharks scored only 10 goals a year ago in their seven-game playoff series against the Los Angeles Kings and goalie Jonathan Quick.
- La Ermita in Coconut Grove is reenergized with help of new priest
- Mayors testimony highlights own involvement in lending schemes
- Miami is one of the most expensive places to pay rent
- 74-year-old fugitive back in Miami jail after being deported from Mexico
- Immigrants recount horror of being detained in iceboxes before transfer to South Florida
- Woman killed when car crashed into her house
- Panhandle fisherman report increase in big sharks
- 2,500 homeless fed in Miami over Easter weekend
- Company fined $5.9 million for travel to Cuba
- Star football player's arrest warrant quashed
- Woman finds body while hunting for Easter eggs
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Miami Hurricanes extend streak to 14 with 3-2 win vs. Notre Dame
- Michelle Kaufman: Colombian soccer fans concerned about Radamel Falcao
- Miami Heat expects dogfight from Bobcats
- Nine-run eighth inning helps FAU beat FIU
- South Florida runners return to Boston for emotional marathon
- Comparisons between LeBron James, Michael Jordan inevitable in Heat-Bobcats series
- Mariners manager calls Miami Marlins Giancarlo Stanton a force
- Greg Cote: Miami Heat odyssey this time could be dynasty or dismantled
- Medicare spends nearly $2 billion in South Florida
- Windridge Yacht Charters acquired by Chicago company
- Florida leads nation in new job creation
- Florida companies attract $72 million in VC funding in 1st quarter
- Riviera Focacceria Italiana now open in the Shops of Midtown Miami
- Miami Beach to host town hall meeting to discuss Beckham’s soccer proposal
- UM law students dig into healthcare policy to help a patient get life-saving treatment
- Billboard Latin Music Conference celebrates 25th anniversary next week in Miami
- Book considers the pros and cons of fracking
- Southern Cross Stargazer for April 20-26
- Contrasting cruises big and small:Intimate SeaDream, energetic Norwegian Getaway
- Florida: Orlando Cabaret Festival opens April 25
- An empty vacation package from Expedia
- Master the Art of the Cut at Carmen y Lola in Doral
- Francine Prose reconstructs a Nazi collaborator and Paris in this dazzling historical novel.
- Book assesses the impact of the Civil Rights Act 50 years later
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of April 13
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize-winning writer, dies at 87
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Works by Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Gabriel García Márquez: Master of magical realism, Nobel Prize winner dies
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Harry Russell, 93, Miami-Dade’s champion for the disabled, has died