Scott Laughton, Taylor Leier, Nicolas Aube-Kubel.
The Montreal Canadiens will honor former defenseman Guy Lapointe early in the upcoming season.
The Minnesota Wild and restricted free- agent forward Nino Niederreiter agreed to terms on a three-year contract Thursday.
The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Sonny Milano, the club's first pick in the 2014 NHL draft, to a three-year, entry-level contract.
HBO will not be broadcasting its "24/7" show leading to this season's Winter Classic.
Repeat offenders for diving and their coaches will face increasingly steeper fines as part of a series of rule changes announced by the NHL.
The New York Rangers have agreed to terms with free-agent forward Ryan Malone, the team announced Thursday.
The clock was ticking for the Minnesota Wild and free agent right wing Nino Niederreiter with the opening of training camp a week away.
Just days before the start of training camp, the defending Eastern Conference champion New York Rangers reached deals with restricted free agent defenseman John Moore and veteran forward Ryan Malone.
Washington Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin says the right knee he injured at the hockey world championship is fine and he's been working out for the past month or so.
The NHL has banned players from using a "spinorama" move in shootouts or while taking penalty shots, taking an entertaining element out of what's supposed to be an entertainment experience for fans.
The New York Rangers and defenseman John Moore have agreed to a contract.
The NHL announced a number of rule changes on Thursday, including a partial ban on the spin-o-rama move and an expansion of the area protecting goaltenders.
The season's Winter Classic will be played at Nationals Park.
The home of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes is officially the Gila River Arena.
Saku Koivu retired Wednesday after an 18-year NHL career with the Anaheim Ducks and the Montreal Canadiens.
The 2015 NHL Winter Classic featuring the Washington Capitals and Chicago Blackhawks will be played in the nation's capital at Nationals Park.
The home of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes is now officially named the Gila River Arena.
The Anaheim Ducks have given head coach Bruce Boudreau a two-year contract extension.
Bruce Boudreau has transformed the Anaheim Ducks from underachievers into contenders, and the club is confident the coach can finally chase down his first Stanley Cup championship.
- Sen. Marco Rubio: ‘America cannot avoid its role as a global leader’
- Feds say ‘nurseries’ could save Government Cut coral
- Miami-Dade budget faces final vote
- Miami Beach shows off new anti-flooding pumps
- President Barack Obama rules out ground troops vs. Islamic State group: ‘We’re not going to do this alone’
- Florida universities need $45 million to offset drop in Bright Futures scholarships
- Contractor gets 7 years in military secrets case
- Dog missing from Pennsylvania found in Oregon
- Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill tries to target problem of inaccuracy
- Rafa Martinez leads Columbus boys’ golf team to Youth Fair win
- FSU star QB Jameis Winston suspended for first half vs. Clemson for yelling obscenities on campus
- Miami Dolphins still committed to running the football
- Outdoors feature: St. Lucie County artificial reef dazzles divers
- FIU Panthers linebackers fulfilling early promise
- Greg Cote’s Thursday night NFL pick: Buccaneers vs. Falcons
- Florida Gators QB Jeff Driskel hopes for better result against Alabama
- Fed signals firm end to bond buying
- Atlantic Broadband offers 1 Gigabit service
- Airport’s new $719M, 8,000-foot runway is ready for take off
- Fort Lauderdale home health firm settles federal whistleblower case.
- Books & Books coming to Arsht Center campus in downtown Miami
- Brickell Motors buys Ocean Cadillac
- In the social media age, private actions are company business
- Feds allege $300-million Ponzi scheme at Cay Clubs Resorts
- Color is the new black: Spring/summer fashion trend report
- Jewish Museum of Florida’s recipe contest celebrates foods of the High Holy Days
- Make a Carrabba’s fan-favorite chicken dish at home
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- Study: Sunscreen may harm the sea life
- FDA warns about not using Expression as a filler
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82
- Miami artist, clothes designer Joyce Lux dies at 94