The Montreal Canadiens were unable to pick up a win in Thomas Vanek's debut, and the Habs hope to avoid a third loss in four games when they shoot for a rare win in San Jose on Saturday.
There was a beautiful, highlight-reel goal by Patrick Marleau and a lucky one by Joe Thornton late in the third period that held up as the game-winner.
When Paul Holmgren hung up his phone for the final time on Wednesday afternoon, business having been concluded at the NHL trade deadline, there was an overwhelming feeling of contentment in the Flyers' front office.
Excitement and relief were the twin emotions hitting Los Angeles Kings center Mike Richards after he scored a big second-period goal, which turned out to be the game winner in a 3-1 victory against the Winnipeg Jets.
The Detroit Red Wings surely liked what they saw of their new top line Friday night.
It has been 10 years since Steve Moore's NHL career ended with an attack by former Vancouver Canucks forward Todd Bertuzzi.
The Calgary Flames are giving their future a chance to perform and had to like what they saw last time out.
It happens this way and that way, but it always happens.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The St. Louis Blues continued their season-long near-perfection against the Central Division Thursday night.
No more Olympics, outdoor games or trade deadlines.
Roberto Luongo stopped all 25 shots he faced in his reintroduction to Florida, helping the Panthers record a 2-0 victory over Buffalo on Friday.
Vancouver Canucks forward Zack Kassian was suspended for three games without pay by the NHL on Friday for a hit on the Dallas Stars' Brenden Dillon.
The New Jersey Devils will try to earn their second straight win over the Detroit Red Wings on Friday night and further tighten the race for a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
Drew Sharp: Lidstrom's jersey retirement comes with realization that Red Wings' glory days may be numbered
As No. 5 sailed up to the rafters at Joe Louis Arena on Thursday night, a glorious past and a potentially gloomy present intersected. The Red Wings never missed the playoffs in Nicklas Lidstrom's 20 years in Detroit, an accomplishment frequently mentioned during his emotionally stirring number retirement ceremony.
It's coming up on two weeks since Niklas Hjalmarsson played in the Olympic gold-medal game half a world away.
Roberto Luongo made 25 saves in his return to Florida, while Dmitry Kulikov and Jesse Winchester each scored power-play goals to lead the Panthers over the Buffalo Sabres 2-0 on Friday night.
Joel Quenneville had a pretty good inkling Jonathan Toews was about to embark on an offensive hot streak.
It hasn't been the best of road trips for the Pittsburgh Penguins and things won't get easier on Friday night when they visit the Anaheim Ducks in a matchup between the two conference leaders in the NHL.
Tuukka Rask stopped all 16 shots he faced to record his sixth shutout of the season, as Boston silenced Washington, 3-0, at TD Garden. Gregory Campbell, Loui Eriksson and Brad Marchand tallied for the Bruins, who have won three in a row and four of six. Braden Holtby made 40 saves for the Capitals, who have lost three straight.
Taylor Hall notched the game-winner as the Edmonton Oilers scored three unanswered goals to top the New York Islanders in overtime, 3-2, at Rexall Place.
- Appeal brings politics into preservation question
- Frustration in Afghan women's rights struggle
- Plea for peace and Ukraine's independence in Sochi
- Cuba allows phone access to some email
- NFL’s ‘tampering’ window opens; Dolphins likely to part ways with Starks, Soliai
- Cuban cultural exchange in Key West draws ire from some exiles
- Pinecrest cop gets 20 days off for not aiding accident victims
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Linda Robertson: Breathtaking seamanship at Bacardi Miami Sailing Week
- Longtime Miami Dolphins PR executive Harvey Greene gets new post with team
- Archbishop McCarthy baseball routs American Heritage, makes statement
- LeBron James complaint about Miami Heats sleeved jerseys turns into a familiar circus
- David J. Neal: Theres no place to hide for Trump National Dorals many victims
- Miami Marlins Henderson Alvarez picks up where he left off
- In return to Florida Panthers, goalie Roberto Luongo pitches shutout of Buffalo Sabres
- Long, winding road for Miami Hurricanes seniors coming to an end
- Karl Lagerfeld to design Macau hotel
- Bitcoin too volatile an investment without consumer protections
- 'Tsunami' of store closings predicted for U.S. retailers
- Renovation complete at Courtyard Cadillac in Miami Beach
- Get the perfect panoramic with Motrr Galileo
- Should you consider U.S. Treasury's new floating rate notes?
- Miami’s retail landscape is exploding, developer Jeff Berkowitz tells attendees at Akerman conference
- Turnberry Associates files drawings for its planned expansion at Aventura Mall
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- Street medicine brings healthcare to Miami’s homeless
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93
- Former TV academy president Hank Rieger dies
- Wife of longtime Yankee Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92