Eddie Lack turned aside 22-of-23 shots to help lift the Vancouver Canucks to a much-needed win, a 2-1 decision over the Calgary Flames at Rogers Arena.
Not even some inside information from Olympic teammate Zach Parise could stop T.J. Oshie in a shootout.
The Buffalo Sabres have suspended newly acquired defenseman Rostislav Klesla for failing to report to the team's AHL affiliate in Rochester.
Henrik Lundqvist posted a 30-save shutout for his 300th career win as the New York Rangers downed the Detroit Red Wings, 3-0, at Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
The streaking Boston Bruins will try to win five straight games for the first time this season when they visit the Florida Panthers for Sunday's battle at BB&T Center.
Keith Ballard might be rethinking his pass from the press box Sunday night against the St. Louis Blues.
The Los Angeles Kings are winning game after game — even when they aren't at their best.
Carl Soderberg and Patrice Bergeron each posted a goal and an assist as the Boston Bruins took a 5-2 win over the Florida Panthers on Sunday.
Newly signed Washington Capitals forward Evgeny Kuznetsov is set to make his NHL debut against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday.
Antti Niemi stopped 27 shots for his third shutout of the season as the San Jose Sharks downed the Montreal Canadiens, 4-0.
The audition process for David Rundblad has officially begun.
Henrik Lundqvist earned his 300th NHL victory and 49th career shutout in the New York Rangers' 3-0 victory over the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday.
Mike Modano spent 20 minutes choking back tears while he thanked old teammates, family, friends, coaches and fans before stepping off the stage to watch his No. 9 get lifted to the rafters.
Ryan Miller remained undefeated with St. Louis, making 26 saves to backstop the Blues to a 2-1 win over Colorado in a Central Division showdown at Pepsi Center.
The well-rested Minnesota Wild will welcome some new faces to the lineup on Saturday, as they aim for a sixth straight win in a road test against the Dallas Stars.
Claude Giroux has the Philadelphia Flyers rolling in the right direction and the club takes aim at a fourth straight victory on Saturday night when it visits the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Sergei Bobrovsky made 28 saves and Artem Anisimov tallied the game's lone goal as the Columbus Blue Jackets shut out the Nashville Predators, 1-0, on Saturday.
On the night Calgary honored former star Joe Nieuwendyk, an inspired new generation of young centers led the Flames to a thrilling victory.
With newly signed Evgeny Kuznetsov looking on, the Washington Capitals did their best to entertain their new teammate.
Ryan Miller stopped 26 shots, and David Backes broke up a scoreless game in the second period, helping the St. Louis Blues beat the Colorado Avalanche 2-1 Saturday in a Central Division showdown.
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Baltimore Ravens player arrested in Key West bar fight
- Barricaded man shot in standoff with police in Northeast Miami-Dade
- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties
- Aftershock from January earthquake rattles parts of Cuba, Florida Keys Sunday
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Sister says Canadian journalist killed in Syria
- Henry Rodriguez, Carter Capps among candidates for open Miami Marlins bullpen spots
- LeBron James drops the ball in Miami Heats loss to Chicago Bulls
- Greg Cote: Patrick Reed has the right look and game to match it
- Florida Panthers sunk by Boston Bruins for eighth game in a row
- Report: Lineman Branden Albert plans to sign deal with Miami Dolphins
- Patrick Reed stays steady and strong in victory at WGC-Cadillac Championship
- Miami Hurricanes final home game is special
- Jason Dufner suffers Sunday stumble in WCG-Cadillac Championship
- South Florida-based company Regal Springs Tilapia is the king of fresh tilapia
- Capitol Clothing Corp. is boosting sales of its infants’ and boys’ apparel
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- DonorCommunity expands, now serves more than 140 nonprofits
- Miami company takes golfers into danger zones
- Mako Surgical co-founders on their launch to $1.65B exit
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 9-15, 2014
- Caves, comfort food in Hocking Hills
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies
- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93