Henrik Lundqvist is caught up in a numbers game he is quite happy about. With each win, the Swedish goalie is rewriting the New York Rangers' record book.
SAN JOSE, Calif. - Going into the stretch drive and beyond, the Sharks need Antti Niemi to show more of the steady play that made him a finalist for the Vezina Trophy last year.
Los Angeles Kings forward Jeff Carter was once the new kid in town, attempting to fit in with a tight group late in the term.
The Dallas Stars have called up goaltender Cristopher Nilstorp from Texas of the American Hockey League while they figure out the extent of Kari Lehtonen's head injury.
Eric Gryba, Kyle Turris and Mike Hoffman tallied in the second period, leading Ottawa to a 5-3 decision over Winnipeg at MTS Centre.
The Montreal Canadiens were unable to pick up a win in Thomas Vanek's debut, and the Habs hope to avoid a third loss in four games when they shoot for a rare win in San Jose on Saturday.
The Boston Bruins try to match their longest winning streak of the season on Saturday night when they visit a fellow Atlantic Division resident in the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Mike Modano, the No. 1 pick in the 1988 draft by the North Stars and the leader in virtually every category in North Stars/Stars history, had his No. 9 retired by the franchise during a touching ceremony before Saturday's game.
Brandon Sutter scored the winner in the sixth round of the shootout as Pittsburgh took a 3-2 win over Anaheim in a battle of conference leaders at Honda Center.
The Boston Bruins are making a charge to claim the Eastern Conference's top spot.
It took the Washington Capitals nearly four years to sign Russian forward Evgeny Kuznetsov. When they finally did on Saturday, general manager George McPhee compared the new forward to a mythical creature.
Ryan Miller used his head with the game on the line.
The Ottawa Senators hope to keep their winning streak in Winnipeg alive as they visit the Jets on Saturday to conclude a four-game road trip.
Mike Modano expects some waterworks.
Artem Anisimov just keeps scoring for the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Joe Colborne scored twice in a three-goal third-period burst which lifted Calgary over the New York Islanders, 4-3, at the Saddledome.
Three days after being traded to the New Jersey Devils, Tuomo Ruutu had one of those storybook games against his former Carolina Hurricanes teammates.
Ales Hemsky admitted he was feeling down after being traded to Ottawa from Edmonton last Wednesday.
The Washington Capitals have agreed to terms with forward Evgeny Kuznetsov on an entry-level contract beginning this season.
A pair of teams trying to claw their way into the Eastern Conference playoff picture meet tonight in New Jersey, as the Devils welcome the Carolina Hurricanes for a battle at Prudential Center.
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Baltimore Ravens player arrested in Key West bar fight
- Barricaded man shot in standoff with police in Northeast Miami-Dade
- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties
- Aftershock from January earthquake rattles parts of Cuba, Florida Keys Sunday
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Sister says Canadian journalist killed in Syria
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Miami Heats LeBron James, Dwyane Wade make side trips before Bulls game
- Miami Hurricanes pay tribute to JoJo Nicolas
- Michelle Kaufman: MLS proves naysayers wrong as it begins its 19th season
- Manoah keeps Bucs perfect start going
- Singing praises for Florida Panthers Vincent Trocheck
- Florida Panthers sunk by Boston Bruins for eighth game in a row
- Report: Lineman Branden Albert plans to sign deal with Miami Dolphins
- Patrick Reed rolls to victory at WGC-Cadillac Championship in Doral
- South Florida-based company Regal Springs Tilapia is the king of fresh tilapia
- Capitol Clothing Corp. is boosting sales of its infants’ and boys’ apparel
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- DonorCommunity expands, now serves more than 140 nonprofits
- Pipeline Fellowship angel investing bootcamp coming to South Florida
- Mako Surgical co-founders on their launch to $1.65B exit
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 9-15, 2014
- Caves, comfort food in Hocking Hills
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies
- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93