The Dallas Stars have a winger who found the NHL before Teemu Selanne did, a goaltender who last saw the playoffs in the service of the Atlanta Thrashers and a fifth-round draft pick who led Canada into the Olympic finals.
Craig Berube did not have a plan with respect to his two goaltenders, Steve Mason and Ray Emery, as much as he had a philosophy. It is good that he did.
In six season with two teams, Jakub Voracek has yet to skate off the ice at Madison Square Garden a happy man.
For more than a decade there have been no questions about who will start in goal for the San Jose Sharks come playoff time.
The overhaul is continuing in Buffalo after Sabres coach Ted Nolan purged most of his staff of assistants on Wednesday.
Zach Parise insists it was only a coincidence, not a magic bullet.
Brandon Sutter scored the game winner 8:18 into the third period, as the Pittsburgh Penguins potted three unanswered goals en route to a 4-3 win over the Columbus Blue Jackets in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal series from CONSOL Energy Center.
For the second consecutive practice Wednesday, coach Joel Quenneville assembled the same lines on the ice at Johnny's Ice House West.
Change or end up in a culvert: NHL style.
Anaheim Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau declared rookie Frederik Andersen as the starter for Wednesday's Game 1 of their Western Conference quarterfinal against the Dallas Stars.
Carolina Hurricanes coach Kirk Muller says he has not been told by management if he will keep his job.
Down one goal, Montreal battled back — twice. Up one, it faltered — twice. Dale Weise then put the Tampa Bay Lightning away for the night.
The two are very different, even when it seems as if they've always been tied together.
Like the "humongous" universe he was so fascinated by during HBO's "24/7," the Ilya Bryzgalov YouTube library is vast and endless.
If the Colorado Avalanche roar through the NHL playoffs and reach the Stanley Cup finals, it will be on the back of pink elephants.
The Flyers, their No. 1 goalie injured and unable to play in Game 1 on Thursday against the New York Rangers, put on a brave face.
The Tampa Bay Lightning announced on Wednesday that goaltender Ben Bishop will not play in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals against the Montreal Canadiens.
The Tampa Bay Lightning and Montreal Canadiens will fight for an early postseason edge on Wednesday when they Bolts host the Habs in Game 1 of a best-of-seven playoff series.
Columbus coach Todd Richards insists his upstart team isn't in the playoffs "just to go to school."
Maybe it took going to Sochi for the Winter Olympics and getting out of the grinding day-to-day NHL routine to get a slightly different look at the abilities of goalie Jonathan Quick.
- Microsoft will celebrate new retail store at Aventura Mall with free performance by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Court: Fla. discrimination law covers pregnancy
- Sen. Bill Nelson seeks local solution to expand Medicaid in Florida
- Cyber cops: Target hackers may take years to find
- What’s open and closed for Good Friday and Easter
- A dozen shots hit Miami-Dade house; man wounded in chest
- AutoNation profit up 15 percent
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Booker T. Washington High School boys sprint to victories in the Region 4-2A meet
- Anti-bullying bill supported by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross likely to fail
- Patience, preparation pay off for Miami Heat’s Udonis Haslem, Rashard Lewis
- Exotic, endangered animals thrive at Wild Oak preserve
- Palmetto repeats GMAC crown
- Miami Marlins to use four-man pitching rotation with Jacob Turner on DL
- Killians Ryan Granda dominates in GMAC semifinal victory
- Miami Heat will face Charlotte Bobcats in first round
- Wells Fargo names new regional president for South Florida
- Watsco reports record first quarter results
- AutoNation profit up 15 percent
- Charlotte Olympia opens store at Bal Harbour Shops; Nicholas Kirkwood opens pop-up shop
- Amazon to start charging sales tax in Florida
- City arborist serves by tending the trees in North Miami Beach
- UM law students dig into healthcare policy to help a patient get life-saving treatment
- Sustainatopia opens with focus on social entrepreneurship growth
- Miami chefs put a twist on Easter classics
- Cook’s Corner: Behold the new colors of Easter eggs
- Edgy Veggie: Eggless Egg Salad
- Fit tip: Get enough water
- Watch for sleep drug risks
- If stress has you on edge, these foods will settle you
- How to correct five common beauty mistakes
- Fast, cheap test can save the lives of many babies
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of April 13
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
- Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Salsa great Cheo Feliciano dies in car crash at 78
- Servier, lab founder in drug scandal, dies at 92
- Malaysian lawmaker and lawyer Karpal Singh dies
- Long-time attorney Larry Kuvin dies at 80
- 'Paul Robeson' playwright Phillip Hayes Dean dies
- Romanian poet, dissident Nina Cassian dies
- Ex-Arizona 3-sport star, NFL QB Fred Enke dies
- British journalist Patrick Seale dies at 84