Matt Duchene was simply going for a cross-ice pass. A fortunate bounce turned it into the winning goal.
Jaromir Jagr isn't acting his age, and the New Jersey Devils are thrilled about it.
Shea Weber and Craig Smith each had one goal and one assist to lead the Nashville Predators to a 4-1 win over the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday.
The Minnesota Wild try to avoid a third straight loss and continue their recent domination of the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night when the clubs square off at Xcel Energy Center.
The Nashville Predators will try to win consecutive games for the first time since the end of January when they visit the Buffalo Sabres for Tuesday's clash at First Niagara Center.
Taylor Hall scored in the fourth round of the shootout as the Edmonton Oilers rallied for a 4-3 win over the Minnesota Wild.
Anders Lee, Frans Nielsen and Josh Bailey had a goal and an assist as the New York Islanders scored seven times in the third period to grab a 7-4 victory over the Vancouver Canucks.
The Pittsburgh Penguins were glad to be back at Consol Energy Center after their longest road trip in three years.
Not only is Boone Jenner having a great rookie season, he's also showing a knack for describing his goals.
Minor leaguer Paul Carey slept right through the late-night phone call.
An important battle in the Eastern Conference playoff race is on tap Tuesday, as the Columbus Blue Jackets welcome the Detroit Red Wings for the key clash at Nationwide Arena.
Shots aren't going in. There's great frustration with the power-play failures. The Western Conference lead has slipped away.
Where did this all begin, this stirring revival of the Colorado Avalanche?
Hockey players like to talk about having to weather a storm to win a game, especially on the road.
Jaromir Jagr, onetime Flyer, continued to defy the laws of aging on Tuesday night.
The Carolina Hurricanes haven't had much to celebrate lately. Against the New York Rangers, it's been years.
The San Jose Sharks hope to gain some additional ground in the race for the Pacific Division title, as they shoot for a third straight win in Tuesday's home test against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
The playoff-hopeful Philadelphia Flyers aim to record at least a point for the 10th time in 12 games on Tuesday night as they play host to the rival New Jersey Devils.
Andrew Bynum had a successful Pacers debut and helped Indiana snap a season-long four-game slide with a 94-83 victory over the Boston Celtics on Tuesday. Bynum, signed by Indiana as a free agent on Feb. 1, totaled eight points and 10 rebounds in just under 16 minutes off the bench. David West checked in with 24 points while Paul George and George Hill netted 12 apiece for the Pacers, who bounced back after losing their previous three contests by an average of nearly 20 points per game. Jared Sullinger and Kris Humphries paced Boston with 17 and 15 points, respectively, but the Celtics folded late in dropping their fifth straight road test.
Randy Carlyle acknowledged the standing ovation with a brief wave of his hand, thanking the Anaheim fans in his usual understated manner for their appreciation of his tenure behind the Ducks' bench.
- Miramar senior busted for having rifle in stepdad’s car on campus
- I-595 construction in Broward nearly completed; reversible express lanes to open end of March
- Republican Jolly wins Fla. congressional race
- Miami-Dade unions want healthcare prices
- Some Haiti cholera victims file new lawsuit against U.N .
- Man barricades himself in Miami Gardens home in 6-hour standoff with police
- DEA arrests at least three in a Miami-Dade drug case with international ties
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or Die
- With NIT out of reach, only postseason possibility for Miami Hurricanes is a ACC tourney win, automatic NCAA bid
- FIU honors a fallen hero by renaming softball field
- Miami Marlins catcher Rob Brantly remains a work in progress
- Armando Salguero: Dolphins must run, stop run if they hope to be a contender
- Streaking Brooklyn Nets will test Miami Heat, especially on the boards
- Miami Dolphins trade Jonathan Martin to San Francisco 49ers
- Branden Albert agrees to five-year, $47 million deal with Miami Dolphins
- Pablo Arevalo and Belen dominate Mater Academy in boys’ high school baseball
- Vicomte A. to open first Miami-Dade store in South Beach
- For entrepreneurs, life events can disrupt business, too
- Costa to add a second seasonal ship in Miami
- With mishaps in the past, cruise industry CEOs optimistic
- School hurricane-awareness program expands
- Florida Community Bank completes conversion of Great Florida Bank
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Pioneering paramedic developed priority system for mass-casualty scenes
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- British transit union leader Bob Crow dies at 52
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88