The 2015 NHL Winter Classic featuring the Washington Capitals and Chicago Blackhawks will be played in the nation's capital at Nationals Park.
The home of the NHL's Arizona Coyotes is now officially named the Gila River Arena.
The Anaheim Ducks have given head coach Bruce Boudreau a two-year contract extension.
Bruce Boudreau has transformed the Anaheim Ducks from underachievers into contenders, and the club is confident the coach can finally chase down his first Stanley Cup championship.
Saku Koivu announced his retirement from the NHL on Wednesday after 18 seasons.
Cassy center Saku Koivu, who was the first European-born player to serve as captain of the Montreal Canadiens and also courageously overcame cancer during his career, announced his retirement Wednesday after 18 NHL seasons, the last five with the Ducks.
The season's Winter Classic will be played at Nationals Park.
The owners of the Detroit Red Wings want local contractors to build the hockey team's new arena.
A former minor league hockey player was arrested Tuesday on charges he sold illegally obtained prescription painkillers to former hockey player Derek Boogaard of the New York Rangers and the Minnesota Wild before Boogaard died in 2011 of an accidental overdose.
More than three years after Derek Boogaard's fatal overdose in his brother's downtown Minneapolis residence, a former small-time hockey player and a health professional who had access to narcotics, have been indicted in federal court in New York in connection with the death of the one-time Minnesota Wild tough guy.
Sidney Crosby said the wrist that he nearly had surgery on two months ago isn't bothering him.
The NHL has decided to keep Stephane Quintal in his role as the league's senior vice president of player safety, dropping the interim tag for the former defenseman.
It's no secret this has been a frustrating offseason for the Boston Bruins.
The St. Louis Blues announced on Friday the signing of veteran forward Colin Fraser to a one-year, two-way contract.
Jonathan Toews brushes his teeth with his right hand. He throws a baseball right-handed. He plays golf as a righty, though not particularly well.
First things first: Michael Leighton does not know the whereabouts of the most famous puck in Blackhawks history.
The Colorado Avalanche re-signed defenseman Tyson Barrie to a two-year contract Thursday.
The Boston Bruins signed center David Krejci to a six-year, $43.5 million contract extension Thursday.
The Colorado Avalanche signed Tyson Barrie to a two-year deal after a breakout season by the defenseman.
Steve Moore says the 10 years since his NHL career ended with an on-ice attack have been "long and trying," but he is glad to be done with the legal ordeal.
- Joe Garcia says Carlos Curbelo supports raising flood insurance rates
- US to assign 3,000 from US military to fight Ebola
- Fitness event damages FIU basketball court
- Florida leads nation in unverified ACA applicants
- 700 feared dead in 2 Mediterranean boat wrecks
- Miami Marlins rally twice to topple New York Mets
- Firm drops suit against family of paralyzed Broward County man
- State suspends some standardized tests for kindergartners
- At last, Lourdes Bobcats have comforts of home with new gym
- Fitness event damages FIU basketball court
- Miami Dolphins coordinator Bill Lazor on offensive woes: ‘The blame rests 100 percent on me’
- Miami Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton shares graphic photo of face after getting hit by pitch
- Fashion show part of eventful days for Miami Marlins’ J.T. Realmuto
- Miami Hurricanes’ Ryan Williams nearing return to play
- Jordan Cronkrite reverses, won’t go to UM
- Andre C. Fernandez: Miramar will test Aquinas
- Startup Spotlight: KK Swimwear
- Anheuser-Busch prepares for acquisition offer
- Venezuela’s newest shortage: breast implants
- From Hallandale Beach, Western Union’s Almeida oversees 2,500 employees in 98 countries
- South Florida CEOs: Tax code far too complex
- Envelopes in Marriott hotels invite tips for maids
- Florida still cruise capital
- ITA Chief Stefan M. Selig Q&A: From Wall Street to trade deals
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- Study: Sunscreen may harm the sea life
- FDA warns about not using Expression as a filler
- Chew on this: Thank bees for sweet, golden, healthful honey
- Indoor stand-up paddleboard class in Coconut Grove is a first
- #ThrowbackThursday, #FlashbackFriday: Nostalgia that keeps us grounded
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82
- Miami artist, clothes designer Joyce Lux dies at 94