Dallas Stars forward Rich Peverley was conscious and in stable condition at a Dallas hospital Monday night after he collapsed on the bench during the first period of his team's game against Columbus at the American Airlines Center.
NHL general managers may be nearing recommendations on rule changes but believe there is little need for significant action.
The New York Rangers look to capture a third straight victory on Tuesday night when they visit the Carolina Hurricanes for the second time in less than a week.
The New York Islanders' big comeback over the Vancouver Canucks in a seven-goal third period even caught them by surprise.
The Winnipeg Jets have hit their first bump in the road under head coach Paul Maurice.
Craig Leipold is not a patient man. That's not a knock on the Wild owner. That's actually a good thing for those who carry a rooting interest in the team.
Chris Kunitz potted a pair of goals, including the go-ahead marker in the second period, as the Pittsburgh Penguins continued their recent dominance of the Washington Capitals with a 3-2 victory at Verizon Center.
PHILADELPHIA - At 42, ageless right winger Jaromir Jagr is showing no signs of slowing down.
The Columbus Blue Jackets successfully put a rough loss behind them the last time out, and they'll try to complete a three-game road trip on a positive note when they visit the Dallas Stars on Monday.
The Vancouver Canucks will try to win two straight games for the first time since mid-January on Monday night as they play host to the struggling New York Islanders.
Sidney Crosby had a hand in both early goals as Pittsburgh converted on two of its first three shots Monday night, Chris Kunitz scored twice, and the Penguins beat Alex Ovechkin's struggling Washington Capitals 3-2.
Radim Vrbata scored the winner in the shootout as the Phoenix Coyotes edged the Tampa Bay Lightning, 4-3.
When the pounding of their sticks on the boards didn't get the attention of the officials, Dallas Stars players jumped off the bench and onto the ice while the game was going on.
The Detroit Red Wings have recalled center Cory Emmerton from the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.
The Ottawa Senators will try to record consecutive wins for the first time since early February when they welcome the sliding Nashville Predators for Monday's clash at Canadian Tire Centre.
Goalie Ben Scrivens knew he would have to worry about the usual suspects among his former Kings teammates.
Monday's game between the Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets has been postponed after Stars' forward Rich Peverley suffered a medical emergency while on the bench early in the first period. Peverley, who had a procedure performed during the preseason to correct an irregular heartbeart, collapsed shortly after completing a shift as players from both teams frantically called for medical personnel to assist the nine- year veteran. The incident occurred with 13:37 remaining in the first period and the Blue Jackets holding a 1-0 lead. Peverley was transported to a local hospital after being attended to for several minutes, and the Stars later issued a statement saying that he is conscious and his current condition is not life-threatening. The 31-year-old was held out of the Stars' game at Columbus last Tuesday following a recurrence of his condition, but returned two days later and recorded two assists in Dallas' 6-1 win over Vancouver. Peverley regained consciousness before he left American Airlines Center, with both Salazar and Stars head coach Lindy Ruff remarking that he was asking to get back in the game. A makeup date for Monday's contest has yet to be determined.
The statistic is double-edged: Over the past 16 games, the Sharks have scored twice as often short-handed as on the power play.
The NHL has suspended Los Angeles Kings forward Jordan Nolan for one game for punching an Oilers forward.
Colorado Avalanche forward Paul Stastny will miss the game Monday night against the Winnipeg Jets because of a balky back.
- Obama tapes 'Funny or Die' interview
- Gov. Scott pens new book, but won’t talk about it
- DEA arrests at least three in a Miami-Dade drug case with internatioal ties
- Sen. Rubio reports for jury duty Wednesday in Miami
- UN: 5.5 million Syrian children affected by war
- Fla. Gov. Scott starts running re-election TV ads
- 3 dead, 1 injured in apartment complex fire
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Branden Albert to sign five-year, $47 million deal with Miami Dolphins
- Miami Marlins Steve Cishek knows pressure of being the closer
- Miami Heat tops Washington Wizards as Dwyane Wade carries team late
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes is planted in right spot
- American Heritage girls tennis team routs Archbishop McCarthy
- Miami Dolphins reach four-year, $16 million deal with DT Earl Mitchell; Soliai headed to Falcons
- Miami Heats Dwyane Wade plays back to back
- Miami Country Day boys basketball coach Bryan Parizo steps down after 25 years
- For entrepreneurs, life events can disrupt business, too
- Costa to add a second seasonal ship in Miami
- With mishaps in the past, cruise industry CEOs optimistic
- School hurricane-awareness program expands
- Florida Community Bank completes conversion of Great Florida Bank
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Business group to represent Alton store owners in Miami Beach
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- British transit union leader Bob Crow dies at 52
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90