Veteran NHL defenseman Cory Sarich remains in a Calgary hospital after being seriously hurt after his bicycle he was riding collided with a car.
The Colorado Avalanche re-signed forward Ryan O'Reilly to a two-year contract on Wednesday.
The Buffalo Sabres signed free-agent defenseman Andre Benoit to a one-year contract Wednesday.
The Chicago Blackhawks have released their national television schedule for the 2014-2015 season.
The Toronto Maple Leafs signed forward David Booth to a one-year contract, general manager David Nonis announced on Tuesday.
Minnesota Wild left wing Thomas Vanek says he's cooperating with federal authorities conducting an investigation in Rochester.
The Calgary Flames re-signed forward Joe Colborne to a two-year contract on Tuesday.
The New York Rangers and restricted free agent forward Mats Zuccarello agreed to terms Tuesday on an undisclosed contract.
The Dallas Stars and forward Antoine Roussel have agreed to a four-year contract.
The Ducks have signed defenseman Sami Vatanen to a two-year contract coming off his rookie season.
The New York Rangers are avoiding salary arbitration with forward Mats Zuccarello, agreeing to terms with the restricted free agent on a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
Versatile forward Antoine Roussel and the Dallas Stars have agreed to terms on a four-year contract.
Veteran forward David Booth has signed a one-year contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs after spending last season with Vancouver.
The Anaheim Ducks re-signed defenseman Sami Vatanen to a two-year contract on Tuesday.
Red Wings general manager Ken Holland understands why some are critical of decisions he made last season and this offseason.
The Toronto Maple Leafs have avoided arbitration with Cody Franson, signing the defenseman to a one-year contract on Monday.
St. Louis Blues forward Vladimir Sobotka was awarded a one-year contract through arbitration on Monday, but the team announced that he will play the 2014-15 season in the Kontinental Hockey League.
The Montreal Canadiens signed 2014 first- round draft pick Nikita Scherbak to a three-year, entry-level contract on Monday.
The Toronto Maple Leafs and Cody Franson have avoided arbitration, with the defenseman signing a $3.3 million, one-year contract.
The St. Louis Blues have signed defenseman Nate Prosser and forward Jeremy Welsh to one-year, two-way contracts.
- Questions remain in shooting death of FSU professor
- Congress passes law promoting transparency in Haiti’s reconstruction
- Phone records lead to arrest in murder of Miami-Dade teen
- Florida poll: More than 7 in 10 voters concerned about climate change, back EPA action plan
- Miami-Dade’s 836, 112 expressways to close at night to install toll equipment
- Curt Clawson becomes latest Flori-duh rep over India gaffe
- Why won't Florida GOP leaders talk about trips to King Ranch in Texas?
- Venezuela’s Telesur television goes bilingual with English programming
- Miami Hurricanes players dazzling with speed and strength
- Miami Marlins top Houston Astros with Brad Hand in control
- Miami Dolphins’ Stephen Ross intends to be boss for long time
- Armando Salguero: More questions than answers for Miami Dolphins
- Greg Cote: Year 3 means proving ground for Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill
- Mini-slump frustrates Miami Marlins’ Casey McGehee
- Miami Dolphins’ revamped offensive line off to sloppy start at training camp
- Miami Heat still non-committal on Michael Beasley, Greg Oden
- BankUnited reports lower second quarter profit, exits auto lending
- International Finance Bank pays $70,000 fine for alleged deceptive advertising
- Norwegian Cruise Line giving away cruise in hunt
- Carnival Cruise Line huddles up with Dallas Cowboys
- Developers buy 6.2 acres along the Miami River, including Finnegan’s River, with plans to create Miami Riverwalk
- SEC files charges against two South Florida men allegedly involved in a boiler room scheme
- Royal Caribbean profits surge in second quarter
- Practical tips for growing small businesses into middle-market businesses
- Ask Nancy: What to do when your elderly neighbor needs help
- Resort won’t accept my Travelzoo voucher
- How do condo owners find a competent manager?
- Southern Cross Stargazer for July 27-Aug. 2, 2014
- A single mom, her kids and a tech millionaire in trouble hit the road in Jojo Moyes’ comic ‘One Plus One’
- Healthy eating options are plentiful, and fun, when giving children food for life
- Music, games make kids exercise fun
- Florida: Tarpon Springs Hippiefest set for Aug. 16
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 20
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Zany underwater music festival in Florida Keys still a hit
- Life’s not easy in the islands
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Correction: Obit-Thomas Berger story