The New York Rangers look to capture a third straight victory on Tuesday night when they visit the Carolina Hurricanes for the second time in less than a week.
The New York Islanders' big comeback over the Vancouver Canucks in a seven-goal third period even caught them by surprise.
Matt Duchene was simply going for a cross-ice pass. A fortunate bounce turned it into the winning goal.
The Minnesota Wild try to avoid a third straight loss and continue their recent domination of the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night when the clubs square off at Xcel Energy Center.
The Nashville Predators will try to win consecutive games for the first time since the end of January when they visit the Buffalo Sabres for Tuesday's clash at First Niagara Center.
The Columbus Blue Jackets successfully put a rough loss behind them the last time out, and they'll try to complete a three-game road trip on a positive note when they visit the Dallas Stars on Monday.
The Vancouver Canucks will try to win two straight games for the first time since mid-January on Monday night as they play host to the struggling New York Islanders.
Sidney Crosby had a hand in both early goals as Pittsburgh converted on two of its first three shots Monday night, Chris Kunitz scored twice, and the Penguins beat Alex Ovechkin's struggling Washington Capitals 3-2.
Radim Vrbata scored the winner in the shootout as the Phoenix Coyotes edged the Tampa Bay Lightning, 4-3.
When the pounding of their sticks on the boards didn't get the attention of the officials, Dallas Stars players jumped off the bench and onto the ice while the game was going on.
The Detroit Red Wings have recalled center Cory Emmerton from the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL.
The Ottawa Senators will try to record consecutive wins for the first time since early February when they welcome the sliding Nashville Predators for Monday's clash at Canadian Tire Centre.
Goalie Ben Scrivens knew he would have to worry about the usual suspects among his former Kings teammates.
Monday's game between the Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets has been postponed after Stars' forward Rich Peverley suffered a medical emergency while on the bench early in the first period. Peverley, who had a procedure performed during the preseason to correct an irregular heartbeart, collapsed shortly after completing a shift as players from both teams frantically called for medical personnel to assist the nine- year veteran. The incident occurred with 13:37 remaining in the first period and the Blue Jackets holding a 1-0 lead. Peverley was transported to a local hospital after being attended to for several minutes, and the Stars later issued a statement saying that he is conscious and his current condition is not life-threatening. The 31-year-old was held out of the Stars' game at Columbus last Tuesday following a recurrence of his condition, but returned two days later and recorded two assists in Dallas' 6-1 win over Vancouver. Peverley regained consciousness before he left American Airlines Center, with both Salazar and Stars head coach Lindy Ruff remarking that he was asking to get back in the game. A makeup date for Monday's contest has yet to be determined.
The statistic is double-edged: Over the past 16 games, the Sharks have scored twice as often short-handed as on the power play.
The NHL has suspended Los Angeles Kings forward Jordan Nolan for one game for punching an Oilers forward.
Colorado Avalanche forward Paul Stastny will miss the game Monday night against the Winnipeg Jets because of a balky back.
The Pittsburgh Penguins will try to end an up-and-down road trip on a positive note when they visit the Washington Capitals for Monday's Metropolitan Division battle at Verizon Center.
Anze Kopitar scored the eventual winner in the third period as Los Angeles survived a late push from Calgary for a 3-2 victory.
Seth Jones stopped the Ottawa Senators' comeback attempt in overtime.
- Stymied on hotel taxes, Dolphins owner Ross braves a property-tax battle
- Miami-Dade unions want healthcare prices
- Gov. Scott pens new book, but won’t talk about it
- Some Haiti cholera victims file new lawsuit against U.N .
- Man barricades himself in Miami Gardens home in 6-hour standoff with police
- DEA arrests at least three in a Miami-Dade drug case with international ties
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or Die
- Sen. Rubio reports for jury duty Wednesday in Miami
- Monsignor Pace looks to build on historic flag football season
- Miami Marlins catcher Rob Brantly remains a work in progress
- Streaking Brooklyn Nets will test Miami Heat, especially on the boards
- Branden Albert to sign five-year, $47 million deal with Miami Dolphins
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes is planted in right spot
- To reach NCAA or NIT, Miami Hurricanes must win ACC tourney
- Miami Country Day boys basketball coach Bryan Parizo steps down after 25 years
- American Heritage girls tennis team routs Archbishop McCarthy
- Vicomte A. to open first Miami-Dade store in South Beach
- For entrepreneurs, life events can disrupt business, too
- Costa to add a second seasonal ship in Miami
- With mishaps in the past, cruise industry CEOs optimistic
- School hurricane-awareness program expands
- Florida Community Bank completes conversion of Great Florida Bank
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Pioneering paramedic developed priority system for mass-casualty scenes
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- British transit union leader Bob Crow dies at 52
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88