The Carolina Hurricanes had not played a game at home in almost a month.
Derek Stepan's power-play goal with 2:46 remaining highlighted a third-period rally that lifted the New York Rangers to a 4-2 victory over the Carolina Hurricanes at PNC Arena.
The thrill of winning a gold medal at the 2014 Sochi Olympics has yet to wear off for Shannon Szabados.
This one lived up to its billing.
Roberto Luongo spoke of "returning to normalcy" before practicing with the Panthers for the first time since 2006 on Thursday morning.
Jhonas Enroth made 43 saves to spoil the return of Tampa Bay star Steven Stamkos and the Buffalo Sabres beat the Lightning 3-1 on Thursday night.
Johan Franzen had two goals and two assists as the Detroit Red Wings thumped the New Jersey Devils, 7-4, on Friday.
Nathan MacKinnon squirmed a bit in front of his locker and tugged on the brim of his Colorado Avalanche ball cap, a little uncomfortable with any sort of comparison to the Great One.
A homecoming many years in the making will unfold in Sunrise on Friday evening when Roberto Luongo begins his second stint as a member of the Florida Panthers in a matchup with the Buffalo Sabres.
Brent Burns scored twice during San Jose's four-goal third period as the Sharks extended their home dominance over Pittsburgh with a 5-3 win.
Dallas Eakins wasn't happy after the first 40 minutes, and he let his Edmonton Oilers know it.
What a difference a fit and fired up Mule makes.
The New York Rangers are playing playoff hockey right now, according to newly acquired Martin St. Louis, who set up Derek Stepan's winning goal in a 4-2 victory over Carolina on Friday night.
The National Hockey League issued a three-game suspension to Vancouver Canucks forward Zack Kassian on Friday.
There was a beautiful, highlight-reel goal by Patrick Marleau and a lucky one by Joe Thornton late in the third period that held up as the game-winner.
When Paul Holmgren hung up his phone for the final time on Wednesday afternoon, business having been concluded at the NHL trade deadline, there was an overwhelming feeling of contentment in the Flyers' front office.
Excitement and relief were the twin emotions hitting Los Angeles Kings center Mike Richards after he scored a big second-period goal, which turned out to be the game winner in a 3-1 victory against the Winnipeg Jets.
The Detroit Red Wings surely liked what they saw of their new top line Friday night.
It has been 10 years since Steve Moore's NHL career ended with an attack by former Vancouver Canucks forward Todd Bertuzzi.
The Calgary Flames are giving their future a chance to perform and had to like what they saw last time out.
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- President Obama touts Miami-Dade schools, urges Congress to pass education appropriations
- FSU names interim president; no front-runner considered
- Judge wants more oversight, tougher penalties for Miami-Dade sewer mandate
- Rick Scott touts 'record funding' for environmental protection in State of the State speech
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives
- Massachusetts OKs bill outlawing 'upskirt' photos
- Officer says US general sexually assaulted her
- Linda Robertson: Breathtaking seamanship at Bacardi Miami Sailing Week
- Longtime Miami Dolphins PR executive Harvey Greene gets new post with team
- Archbishop McCarthy baseball routs American Heritage, makes statement
- LeBron James complaint about Miami Heats sleeved jerseys turns into a familiar circus
- David J. Neal: Theres no place to hide for Trump National Dorals many victims
- Miami Marlins Henderson Alvarez picks up where he left off
- In return to Florida Panthers, goalie Roberto Luongo pitches shutout of Buffalo Sabres
- Long, winding road for Miami Hurricanes seniors coming to an end
- Karl Lagerfeld to design Macau hotel
- Bitcoin too volatile an investment without consumer protections
- 'Tsunami' of store closings predicted for U.S. retailers
- Renovation complete at Courtyard Cadillac in Miami Beach
- Get the perfect panoramic with Motrr Galileo
- Should you consider U.S. Treasury's new floating rate notes?
- Miami’s retail landscape is exploding, developer Jeff Berkowitz tells attendees at Akerman conference
- Turnberry Associates files drawings for its planned expansion at Aventura Mall
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- Street medicine brings healthcare to Miami’s homeless
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘12 Years a Slave,’ Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey take top honors at Academy Awards
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93
- Former TV academy president Hank Rieger dies
- Wife of longtime Yankee Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Agent: Game show host Geoff Edwards dies at 83