Coaches arent supposed to pick favorites, but Peter Horachek admitted he might have one.
Panthers 4, Canadiens 1
The Panthers, one of three NHL franchises to have a winning record against the Canadiens, beat them in front of a capacity crowd.
Red Wings 4, Panthers 3
The Panthers came back from a 2-0 deficit but weren’t able to duplicate the feat after falling behind 4-2 to the Red Wings in the third.
Despite a scoring drought at San Antonio, center Drew Shore’s hard work in the AHL resulted in a promotion.
Upon their return from a holiday break, the Panthers will focus on goaltending and defense, which fueled their most recent wins.
Defenseman Alex Petrovic was part of an ineffective effort in Monday’s 6-1 loss to the Lightning, and it might hurt his short-term prospects.
Brian Campbell has impressed since joining Florida, and he continues while again among the league leaders in ice time.
Lightning 6, Panthers 1
The Panthers showed no signs of their recent resurgence, playing with a lack of energy and being thrashed by the Lightning.
The Panthers, who have won of seven of their past nine games, seek to continue their recent surge during an upcoming five-game homestand.
Perhaps all you need to know about the Panthers since Peter Horachek took the reins are the joyful sounds that echo down the hallway during their pregame warmup.
Jets 5, Panthers 2
The Panthers’ Canadian tour hit a snag, arriving in Winnipeg at 3 a.m. local time and later seeing their five-game win streak stopped by the Jets.
Panthers 4, Senators 2
Tom Gilbert’s power-play goal late in the third period lifted the Panthers past the Senators for their fifth consecutive victory.
The Panthers head into Ottawa a much different team than they were the last time they played the Senators.
Panthers 3, Maple Leafs 1
Scott Clemmensen was solid in goal, Florida took advantage of an opponent playing on back-to-back nights and the resurgent Panthers beat the Maple Leafs.
stars 3, Panthers 2 (SO)
After sputtering for the majority of the game, the Panthers offense quickly sparked into action in the third quarter, tallying two goals in 14 seconds to tie the score at two.
The Panthers start their preseason schedule with a doubleheader at homeon Monday, followed by a road game two days later in Texas.
Islanders 4, Panthers 3
The Panthers fought back from a 3-0 deficit, tying the game before a late Islanders goal sealed their fate.
The Panthers will unveil their South Florida Hockey Den of Honor this weekend, with items from local hockey's past ... and future ... on prominent display.
- Miami-Dade profs want to fight corruption with ‘Candidates Academy’
- Fla. unemployment rate drops to 6.1 percent
- Crimea moves to integrate financially with Russia
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists
- Winter's final encore? More snow for parts of US
- South Florida man to accept Medal of Honor upgrade for his uncles valor in Korea
- Study to test 'chocolate' pills for heart health
- Florida State Seminoles make NIT cut
- Hialeah Park bets on boxing to be winner
- Ray Allen leads Miami Heat in win over Houston Rockets
- Florida Gators thwart Kentucky rally, win SEC crown
- FIU baseball team gets swept by Rice thanks to costly errors
- Brad Hand could be in line for a spot in the Miami Marlins rotation
- Linda Robertson: NCAA bracket perfection is just a dream
- Greg Oden starts for Miami Heat against Houston Rockets
- Beckham partner Marcelo Claure keeps his eyes on his goals
- Q&A: John Clarke and Martin Lynch of JohnMartin’s Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Fast-growing Florida Community Bank is strengthening its foothold in Miami-Dade and Broward
- Entrepreneurship datebook and startup news to note
- South Florida inventors face challenges bringing ideas to market
- Protect your brand: Know what you stand for, and stick to it!
- DonorCommunity expands, now serves more than 140 nonprofits
- Major discussion at the Wolfsonian-FIU to explore whether the Internet is a blessing or a curse
- What do you recommend?
- Cook’s Corner: Italian favorites with chef Steve Martorano
- Looking back at life from a distance
- Florida: Conch Republic to Celebrate 32nd ‘Birthday’ April 18-27
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: Don’t allow teachers to carry guns in school
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 16-22, 2014
- Chasing waterfalls in western North Carolina
- Homeowner association can hold candidate forums
- GableStage‘s ‘The Mountaintop’ ascends to excellence
- Area Stage offers another take on Anne Frank’s familiar story
- Beer of the week: Black’s Dawn has a kick of coffee
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Two Miami-made films tell stories of the city’s unique music scene
- Multimedia spectacle featuring Robert Redford and environmental awareness lights up Miami’s YoungArts Foundation
- GableStage’s ‘The Mountaintop’ shows a different side of Martin Luther King Jr.
- David Mamet’s ‘The Anarchist’ gets its post-Broadway debut in Fort Lauderdale
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- David Brenner, frequent 'Tonight' guest, dies
- Former Georgia congressman Bo Callaway dies
- Former director of U.S. Marshals Service Eduardo Gonzalez dies
- Comedian David Brenner, ‘Tonight' favorite, dies
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Burn center found Dr. A. Grossman dies at 81
- Man known as kissing sailor in WWII-era image dies
- Longtime Hollywood reporter Bob Thomas dead at 92