Aleksander Barkov scored 32 seconds into the game, the Panthers added two more goals in the first period and Tim Thomas protected the lead.
Florida Panthers notebook
Scottie Upshall hasnt had the best of luck lately.
The Panthers have gone 14-12-3 under interim coach Peter Horachek, but there has been no determination whether he will return next season.
Devils 2, Panthers 1 (OT)
The Panthers stole a point in New Jersey that coach Peter Horachek said they didn’t deserve. ‘We didn’t deserve anything,’ he said.
On Thursday, Florida's hard-charging play in the third led to a 2-1 shootout win over the host Buffalo Sabres.
The line of Aleksander Barkov, Sean Bergenheim and Brad Boyes has become the Panthers’ top offensive threat.
Panthers 2, Sabres 1 (SO)
Brad Boyes scored the winning goal after Jonathan Huberdeaus tally in the shootout was disallowed as Florida rallied past Buffalo.
Just a few days ago it appeared that Panthers rookie Aleksander Barkov would be getting a few weeks off in February.
Canadiens 2, Panthers 1
Montreal goaltender Carey Price stopped 16 shots in the final period as the Canadiens held off the Panthers.
Tomas Kopecky isnt scoring at the rate he did last year, but he said Sunday that he is OK with the role he plays with the Panthers.
Panthers 5, Predators 4 (SO)
Ed Jovanovski’s return sparked the Panthers, who responded by winning it for their captain in a shootout with the Predators.
After recovering from hip-resurfacing surgery, Panthers defenseman Ed Jovanovski, 37, will be back in the lineup for Saturday’s game.
Aleksander Barkov, 18, is making early adjustments in his young career and has 19 points, putting him sixth among rookies in the NHL.
In the wake of a last-place finish and no activity in the free agent market, the Panthers’ attendance has declined this season.
Rangers 2, Panthers 1 (SO)
The Panthers lost to the Rangers in a shootout, but they matched a franchise record by earning their 17th point in December.
Coaches arent supposed to pick favorites, but Peter Horachek admitted he might have one.
Panthers 4, Canadiens 1
The Panthers, one of three NHL franchises to have a winning record against the Canadiens, beat them in front of a capacity crowd.
Red Wings 4, Panthers 3
The Panthers came back from a 2-0 deficit but weren’t able to duplicate the feat after falling behind 4-2 to the Red Wings in the third.
Despite a scoring drought at San Antonio, center Drew Shore’s hard work in the AHL resulted in a promotion.
Upon their return from a holiday break, the Panthers will focus on goaltending and defense, which fueled their most recent wins.
- Miramar senior busted for having rifle in stepdad’s car on campus
- I-595 construction in Broward nearly completed; reversible express lanes to open end of March
- Republican Jolly wins Fla. congressional race
- Miami-Dade unions want healthcare prices
- Some Haiti cholera victims file new lawsuit against U.N .
- Man barricades himself in Miami Gardens home in 6-hour standoff with police
- DEA arrests at least three in a Miami-Dade drug case with international ties
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or Die
- With NIT out of reach, only postseason possibility for Miami Hurricanes is a ACC tourney win, automatic NCAA bid
- FIU honors a fallen hero by renaming softball field
- Miami Marlins catcher Rob Brantly remains a work in progress
- Armando Salguero: Dolphins must run, stop run if they hope to be a contender
- Streaking Brooklyn Nets will test Miami Heat, especially on the boards
- Miami Dolphins trade Jonathan Martin to San Francisco 49ers
- Branden Albert agrees to five-year, $47 million deal with Miami Dolphins
- Pablo Arevalo and Belen dominate Mater Academy in boys’ high school baseball
- Vicomte A. to open first Miami-Dade store in South Beach
- For entrepreneurs, life events can disrupt business, too
- Costa to add a second seasonal ship in Miami
- With mishaps in the past, cruise industry CEOs optimistic
- School hurricane-awareness program expands
- Florida Community Bank completes conversion of Great Florida Bank
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Pioneering paramedic developed priority system for mass-casualty scenes
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- British transit union leader Bob Crow dies at 52
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88