With the trade deadline approaching, Dmitry Kulikov says he has heard his name mentioned as a possible candidate to leave the Panthers.
Blue Jackets 4, Panthers 1
After beating Detroit, Panthers coach Peter Horachek called the final games before the Olympic break a seven-game series in trying to get into the playoff mix.
The Panthers side of the press box in Toronto on Thursday night had a little bit of star power going for it.
Maple Leafs 6, Panthers 3
Scott Clemmensen has had some great games at Torontos Air Canada Centre, but Thursdays sure wasnt one of them.
When asked what he thought about seeing his name at the top of his teams list of scorers, defenseman Tom Gilbert laughed.
Bruins 6, Panthers 2
Florida Panthers goalie Tim Thomas, playing in TD Garden for the first time since leaving the Bruins at the end of the 2011-12 season, really seemed to want to beat his old teammates. Only it appeared the Bruins wanted to beat him more.
Although he didn’t play, Tim Thomas received a tribute in Boston in November. He will face his former team Tuesday.
Panthers 5, Red Wings 4 (SO)
Things didnt look good for the Panthers on Sunday. Not down two goals in a hostile building, not late in the third period.
Scottie Upshall has been doing the professional hockey thing in the NHL or AHL for a decade. Though there’s the same number of points available in this road trip through Detroit, Boston, Toronto and Columbus as there would be in any four-game road trip, Upshall sees an extra importance in games 52, 53, 54 and 55.
The Panthers lacked enough energy in the first two periods, and a surge in the final period couldn’t overcome a 3-0 hole.
The fine collection of young NHL talent displayed by the Panthers and Colorado on Friday at the BB&T Center likely wont include Panthers rookie center and leading scorer Aleksander Barkov.
Defenseman Ed Jovanovski, who has returned from serious hip surgery, is making key contributions on the ice and off.
Panthers 4, Sabres 3
The Panthers, helped by Tim Thomas sharp goaltending, withstood an extended power play in the third period to beat the Sabres.
Panthers 5, Penguins 1
The Panthers won in Pittsburgh for the first time in more than five years and ended the Penguins’ team-record win streak at 13.
Sloppy play and having a number of top players not scoring goals is a bad combination.
Hurricanes 3, Panthers 2
The Panthers continued to come up empty with the man advantage, going 0 for 5 on power plays in a loss to the Hurricanes.
Tom Gilbert has flown under the radar for most of his time in Florida.
Sharks 3, Panthers 0
The Panthers continued to search for their scoring punch and lost to an inspired Sharks team. We werent happy that they came and took it to us, goalie Tim Thomas said.
Jonathan Huberdeau hopes to shake a sophomore skid with playing time Thursday against the Sharks.
Aleksander Barkov scored 32 seconds into the game, the Panthers added two more goals in the first period and Tim Thomas protected the lead.
- Call for charges in street artist Israel ‘Reefa‘ Hernandez-Llach‘s death
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Caribbean Community leaders want formal apology from Europe for slavery
- Bill to remove arcades from gambling ban could create loopholes
- Syrian refugee crisis brings Israelis and Arabs together in Miami Beach
- Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection again
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Newtown gunman's dad opens up in magazine article
- LeBron James drops the ball in Miami Heats loss to Chicago Bulls
- Miami Hurricanes pay tribute to JoJo Nicolas
- Miami Marlins’ Steve Cishek knows pressure of being the closer
- Greg Cote: Patrick Reed has the right look and game to match it
- Florida Panthers’ Jimmy Hayes is planted in right spot
- Florida Panthers sunk by Boston Bruins for eighth game in a row
- Miami Dolphins reach deal with safety Louis Delmas; cut cornerback Dimitri Patterson
- Patrick Reed stays steady and strong in victory at WGC-Cadillac Championship
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Business group to represent Alton store owners in Miami Beach
- Dadeland Mall’s terrace dining is kicking off
- 18 banks get top ratings from BauerFinancial; four get lowest ratings
- Israeli cruise passengers denied entry to Tunisia
- Construction underway on new AC Hotel by Marriott
- McDonald’s sales dragged down by fourth-straight drop
- American Air says asset sales totaled $381 million
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies