The past two seasons have brought plenty of strange injuries for Erik Gudbranson.
The Panthers front office was shook up a little Tuesday as assistant general manager Mike Santos was told he wouldnt be returning next season. Later in the evening, the Panthers defeated the Ottawa Senators in a shootout.
Some thought the Florida Panthers would be lucky to get one point off their four-game road trip to the west coast.
Ducks 6, Panthers 2
The Ducks and Panthers are both celebrating their 20th anniversary seasons this year.
Kings 4, Panthers 0
There was no beating Jonathan Quick on Saturday, just like many before it.
The Panthers were huge underdogs coming into Thursdays game against the streaking Coyotes.
Brandon Pirri couldnt find a permanent spot with the Chicago Blackhawks, but he has made himself right at home with the Panthers.
Coyotes 2, Panthers 1
Roberto Luongo finally got his game in Arizona on Thursday night.
Roberto Luongo’s 52 saves and a skillful goal by youngster Brandon Pirri helped the Panthers post a tough win despite being out of the playoff picture.
Panthers 3, Sharks 2
Roberto Luongo won't participate in the upcoming postseason. He sure looked playoff ready Tuesday night.
The Panthers had yet another new face in the lineup Tuesday night with Garrett Wilson the latest to come up from the minors and join the team.
For the final time this season, the Panthers packed their bags Sunday night and boarded their charter for a long road trip.
Canucks 4, Panthers 3 (SO)
Roberto Luongo was on the wrong side of a shootout the previous time Florida played Vancouver back in November.
Surreality and the Panthers started running together when grey Afro-ed original coach Roger Neilson rode his bike to his office in a former bingo parlor. Evidence they still hang together: Roberto Luongo and Sundays game against Vancouver.
Panthers 5, Devils 3
A line that blended the young (center Nick Bjugstad) and desperate veterans (wingers Brad Boyes and Scottie Upshall) took the third period and a 5-3 win for the Panthers Friday night at BB&T Center, ending a three-game losing streak.
Lightning 5, Panthers 4
Tampa Bay had lost five consecutive games, but the Panthers have their own special way of helping others turn things around.
Thursday brings another late-season active learning session for some of the Panthers young, this time in Tampa. These classes, taught by Panthers coach Peter Horachek, assisted by the Panthers veterans with visiting professors wearing the opposing jerseys, fill the March schedules of the NHL underclass.
Coyotes 3, Panthers 1
The Phoenix Coyotes, battling for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference, won for the second consecutive night as they topped the Panthers 3-1 on Tuesday at BB&T Center.
The Panthers are always looking to find bigger and stronger forwards, so it should have been no surprise when Dale Tallon acquired Jimmy Hayes in a November trade.
Bruins 5, Panthers 2
Roberto Luongo did slow down the Bruins, but not even he could stop them from continuing to beat up on the Panthers.
- S. Florida faithful approach Easter as a time for service
- Mayors testimony highlights own involvement in lending schemes
- Going with the flow: Water trickles into new Florida Keys aquarium
- From Cuba to the majors: Yasiel Puigs harrowing story
- 74-year-old fugitive back in Miami jail after being deported from Mexico
- Dry, cooler weather expected early this week in Miami area
- Marc Caputo: The politics of Charlie Crist's debate dodge
- Cuba moves to end condom shortage by selling stock with ‘wrong expiration dates’
- One dead in strip-club shooting in Kendall
- Two sides trade jabs in debate over Major League Soccer stadium at PortMiami
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Marijuana firm buys buildings in Florida
- Florida man examines oil spill dolphin deaths
- From Cuba to the majors: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing story
- Henderson Alvarez tosses two-hitter as Miami Marlins blank Mariners
- Miami Hurricanes extend streak to 14 with 3-2 win vs. Notre Dame
- Michelle Kaufman: Colombian soccer fans concerned about Radamel Falcao
- Miami Heat expects dogfight from Bobcats
- Nine-run eighth inning helps FAU beat FIU
- Replay decision helps Miami Marlins sweep Seattle Mariners
- South Florida runners return to Boston for emotional marathon
- Miami is one of the most expensive places to pay rent
- Medicare spends nearly $2 billion in South Florida
- Windridge Yacht Charters acquired by Chicago company
- Florida leads nation in new job creation
- Florida companies attract $72 million in VC funding in 1st quarter
- Riviera Focacceria Italiana now open in the Shops of Midtown Miami
- Miami Beach to host town hall meeting to discuss Beckham’s soccer proposal
- UM law students dig into healthcare policy to help a patient get life-saving treatment
- Book considers the pros and cons of fracking
- Southern Cross Stargazer for April 20-26
- Contrasting cruises big and small:Intimate SeaDream, energetic Norwegian Getaway
- Florida: Orlando Cabaret Festival opens April 25
- An empty vacation package from Expedia
- Master the Art of the Cut at Carmen y Lola in Doral
- Francine Prose reconstructs a Nazi collaborator and Paris in this dazzling historical novel.
- Book assesses the impact of the Civil Rights Act 50 years later
- PAMM’s ‘Caribbean: Crossroads of the World’ exhibit is tumultuous, thought-provoking
- Jack White records songs, releases vinyl in hours
- Billboard Latin Music Conference celebrates 25th anniversary next week in Miami
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of April 13
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize-winning writer, dies at 87
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Works by Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Gabriel García Márquez: Master of magical realism, Nobel Prize winner dies