With the trade deadline approaching, Dmitry Kulikov says he has heard his name mentioned as a possible candidate to leave the Panthers.
Blue Jackets 4, Panthers 1
After beating Detroit, Panthers coach Peter Horachek called the final games before the Olympic break a seven-game series in trying to get into the playoff mix.
The Panthers side of the press box in Toronto on Thursday night had a little bit of star power going for it.
Maple Leafs 6, Panthers 3
Scott Clemmensen has had some great games at Torontos Air Canada Centre, but Thursdays sure wasnt one of them.
When asked what he thought about seeing his name at the top of his teams list of scorers, defenseman Tom Gilbert laughed.
Bruins 6, Panthers 2
Florida Panthers goalie Tim Thomas, playing in TD Garden for the first time since leaving the Bruins at the end of the 2011-12 season, really seemed to want to beat his old teammates. Only it appeared the Bruins wanted to beat him more.
Although he didn’t play, Tim Thomas received a tribute in Boston in November. He will face his former team Tuesday.
Panthers 5, Red Wings 4 (SO)
Things didnt look good for the Panthers on Sunday. Not down two goals in a hostile building, not late in the third period.
Scottie Upshall has been doing the professional hockey thing in the NHL or AHL for a decade. Though there’s the same number of points available in this road trip through Detroit, Boston, Toronto and Columbus as there would be in any four-game road trip, Upshall sees an extra importance in games 52, 53, 54 and 55.
The Panthers lacked enough energy in the first two periods, and a surge in the final period couldn’t overcome a 3-0 hole.
The fine collection of young NHL talent displayed by the Panthers and Colorado on Friday at the BB&T Center likely wont include Panthers rookie center and leading scorer Aleksander Barkov.
Defenseman Ed Jovanovski, who has returned from serious hip surgery, is making key contributions on the ice and off.
Panthers 4, Sabres 3
The Panthers, helped by Tim Thomas sharp goaltending, withstood an extended power play in the third period to beat the Sabres.
Panthers 5, Penguins 1
The Panthers won in Pittsburgh for the first time in more than five years and ended the Penguins’ team-record win streak at 13.
Sloppy play and having a number of top players not scoring goals is a bad combination.
Hurricanes 3, Panthers 2
The Panthers continued to come up empty with the man advantage, going 0 for 5 on power plays in a loss to the Hurricanes.
Tom Gilbert has flown under the radar for most of his time in Florida.
Sharks 3, Panthers 0
The Panthers continued to search for their scoring punch and lost to an inspired Sharks team. We werent happy that they came and took it to us, goalie Tim Thomas said.
Jonathan Huberdeau hopes to shake a sophomore skid with playing time Thursday against the Sharks.
Aleksander Barkov scored 32 seconds into the game, the Panthers added two more goals in the first period and Tim Thomas protected the lead.
- Proposed changes could reduce manatee protections in Miami-Dade
- Obama tapes 'Funny or Die' interview
- Gov. Scott pens new book, but won’t talk about it
- DEA arrests at least three in a Miami-Dade drug case with internatioal ties
- Sen. Rubio reports for jury duty Wednesday in Miami
- UN: 5.5 million Syrian children affected by war
- Fla. Gov. Scott starts running re-election TV ads
- 3 dead, 1 injured in apartment complex fire
- Branden Albert to sign five-year, $47 million deal with Miami Dolphins
- Miami Marlins Steve Cishek knows pressure of being the closer
- Miami Heat tops Washington Wizards as Dwyane Wade carries team late
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes is planted in right spot
- American Heritage girls tennis team routs Archbishop McCarthy
- Miami Dolphins reach four-year, $16 million deal with DT Earl Mitchell; Soliai headed to Falcons
- Miami Heats Dwyane Wade plays back to back
- Miami Country Day boys basketball coach Bryan Parizo steps down after 25 years
- For entrepreneurs, life events can disrupt business, too
- Costa to add a second seasonal ship in Miami
- With mishaps in the past, cruise industry CEOs optimistic
- School hurricane-awareness program expands
- Florida Community Bank completes conversion of Great Florida Bank
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Business group to represent Alton store owners in Miami Beach
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- British transit union leader Bob Crow dies at 52
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90