Booker T. hires Doral’s Forbes to coach boys’ basketball team
04/29/2014 12:01 AM
04/29/2014 12:30 AM
Booker T. Washington announced Monday it has hired Jarrett Forbes as its new boys’ basketball coach.
Forbes spent the past 10 seasons coaching at Doral Academy where he compiled a 116-111 record and led the Firebirds to a pair of regional quarterfinals appearances.
Forbes takes over for Javorie Wilson, who recently was hired to coach at Miami High.
Wilson had spent the past five seasons at Booker T. Washington leading the Tornadoes to the regional quarterfinals in four of the past five seasons. Wilson has compiled an 84-40 record during his 10 years coaching in Miami-Dade County.
• District 32 Semifinal— Mater Academy 19, Somerset 0: Alondra Angulo 3 TD Passes. Emily Acosta 2 TD Receptions. Solamy Galvez 2 Interceptions. MA 11-1.
• District 32 Semifinal—Pace 32, Hebrew Academy 0: Yasbec Sosa 3 TD passes. Bianca Toyos TD catch. Destiny Wilson 66 yd TD reception. MP 9-1.
• Late Saturday, Coral Park Invitational Tournament— Miami High d. Braddock (25-18, 25-19): Manny M. 8 kills, 3 blocks, Eduar M. 5 kills, 6 blocks, Danny P. 11 assists MIA18-4.
• Late Saturday, Coral Park Invitational Tournament—Miami High d. Hialeah Gardens (26-24, 27-25): Demitrius M. 8 kills, 5 assists, 3 aces, Manny M. 4 kills, 2 aces, Danny P. 10 assists, 2 aces MIA18-4.
• Late Saturday, Coral Park Invitational Tournament—Miami High d. Ferguson (25-15, 25-17): Manny M. 11 kills, 2 aces, Demitrius M. 7 kills, 6 assists, Danny P. 11 assists MIA 18-4
Region 4-8A semifinal: Palmetto at Coral Reef, 4
Region 4-7A semifinal: American at St. Thomas Aquinas, 7
Region 4-6A semifinal at Slade Park: Doral vs. Goleman, 7
Region 4-4A semifinal: Gulliver at St. Brendan, 4
Region 4-3A semifinal at Palmetto Bay Park: Marathon vs. Westminster Christian, 7
Region 4-2A semifinal: Colonial Christian at Princeton Christian, 4
District 12 semifinals at Mourning: Mourning vs. Hialeah-Miami Lakes, 5; Krop vs. Hialeah Gardens, 7
District 14 semifinals at Ransom Everglades: Florida Christian vs. Ransom, 5; Columbus vs. Belen, 7
District 16 semifinals at Palmetto: Palmetto vs. Coral Reef, 5; Westminster Christian vs. Killian, 7
District 32 final at Monsignor Pace: Mater Academy vs. Monsignor Pace winner, 7
Region 4-7A quarterfinal: South Broward at American, 4
Region 4-7A quarterfinal: Reagan at St. Thomas Aquinas, 7
Region 4-3A quarterfinal: Westwood Christian at Westminster Christian, 4
Region 4-3A quarterfinal at Tequesta Trace Park: Archbishop Carroll at Sagemont, 3:30
District 15 semifinals at Sunset: Varela vs. Sunset, 5; Southwest vs. Braddock, 7
Region 4-8A quarterfinal: South Dade at Columbus, 7
Region 4-8A quarterfinal: Coral Gables at Killian, 3:30
Region 4-8A quarterfinal at Flamingo Park: Everglades vs. Miami High, 7
Region 4-8A quarterfinal: Miami Beach at Flanagan, 7
Region 4-6A quarterfinal: Belen at Miami Springs, 4
Region 4-6A quarterfinal at Westland Gardens Park: Goleman at Mater Academy, 7
Region 4-4A quarterfinal: Gulliver at Florida Christian, 7
Region 4-4A quarterfinal: St. Brendan at Key West, 7
Region 4-2A quarterfinal at Tamiami Park: Redland Christian at Brito, 3
Region 4-2A quarterfinal: Miami Christian at Colonial Christian, 4
District 12 final at Mourning: 7
District 13 at Westland Hialeah – Semifinals: Hialeah vs. Miami High, 3:30; Miami Springs vs. Westland Hialeah, 5; Final: 7
District 14 final at Ransom Everglades: 6:30
District 16 final at Palmetto: 6
TRACK AND FIELD
Class 2A and 1A state championships at University of North Florida
District 15 final at Sunset: 7
TRACK AND FIELD
Class 3A and 4A state championships at University of North Florida
State first round play-ins
Join the Discussion
Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.