American Heritage girls soccer team defeats Stranahan High School in District 15-3A semifinal
01/15/2014 1:03 AM
09/08/2014 7:02 PM
Stranahan was no match for powerhouse American Heritage as the two squads faced off in the girls’ soccer District 15-3A semifinals on Tuesday.
The Patriots (23-0-1) cruised to a 14-0 win and remained unbeaten.
Bella DeAlmegro scored four goals for American Heritage, and Melanie Montegudo added three goals.
Seven players scored for American Heritage.
• District 15-3A semifinals: American Heritage 14, Stranahan 0: Melanie Montegudo 3 goals. Makaela Kopecki 2 goals. Bella DeAlmegro 4 goals. Ashley Loeza 2 goals. Dara Magdaleno goal. Zandy Soree goal. Nicki Mealer goal. AH 23-0-1.• District 13-5A semifinals: St. Thomas 3, Western 0: Bella Dorosy goal. Dallas Dorosy goal, assist. Shannon Turner goal. Bella Martinez assist. Brittany Macaluso 3 saves, shutout. STA 14-3-2.
Archbishop McCarthy rolled to a 8-0 win over Boynton Beach in the District 15-3A semifinals
Madison St. Philip scored two goals to lead the Mavericks while six others scored.
The Mavericks improve to 22-2-1, with both of their losses coming against American Heritage.
• District 15-3A semifinals: Archbishop McCarthy 8, Boynton Beach 0: Madison St. Philip 2 goals. Karly Zacharias goal. Yari Bradfield goal, assist. Alexa Rivera goal. Aly Maranges goal, assist. Amanda Perez goal. Taylor DeOro goal. Toni Mendoza assist. Sabrina Sanon assist. AMC 22-2-1.
MORE GIRLS’ SOCCER• District 14-2A semifinals: North Broward Prep 2, University School 1: Emma Dineen scored a goal and dished out an assist apiece to lead North Broward (16-3-2) past University. Sam Susi recorded seven saves.
• District 14-2A semifinals: Pine Crest 1, Cardinal Gibbons 0: Jordyn Elliott scored the game-winning goal off a Madeliene Turner assist to get Pine Crest (14-3-2) past Cardinal Gibbons. Sophia Danielsen recorded three saves in goal, leading to a shutout.
• District 14-1A semifinals: Posnack 1, Sheridan Hills 1 (POS wins 3-0 penalty shootout): Posnack (5-5-1) and Sheridan Hills ended regulation tied at 1, but penalty kicks by Maya Shearhouse, Hannah Sekoff and Ashley Brandwein were the difference for Posnack. Sarah Selcer recorded 12 saves.
• University School 0, American Heritage 0: Jose Cardenas had 14 saves. Defenders Jesse Miot and Zack Miot held the backline secure. US 7-4-2.
• American Prep 66, Pine Crest Prep 61: AP (17-3): Pierre 2, Segarra 4, Lindsay 6, Coleman 8, Avery 10, Sawyer 15, Allen 21. PCP (7-11): Suarez 2, Fernandez 4, Morano 5, Dominquez 5, Rodriguez 26, Ribe 19. Rebounds: Lindsay 11. Assists: Coleman 6. Steals: Avery 4. Three-pointers: Allen 1, Morano 1, Dominquez 1, Ribe 1, Sawyer 3.• Late Saturday — Boyd Anderson 65, Dillard 54: BA (13-3): Simeon 30, Duffus 8, Wilson 13, Eubanks 7, P. Pierre 7. DIL: Grace 12, Smith 7, Kennedy 20, Farrington 5, Wright 10. Three-pointers: Grace 2, Smith 1, Simeon 5, Wilson 1, P. Pierre 1. Rebounds: Eubanks 10. Assists: Duffus 5.
• Zion Lutheran 79, Boca Christian 19: ZL (17-3): K. Battle 20, B. Battle 25, T. Battle 11, Lett 18. BC: Baker 3, Gomes 4, Ross 10, Holly 2. Rebounds: Lett 8. Assists: B. Battle 5. Steals: Lett 8. Three-pointers: K. Battle 5, B. Battle 7, T. Battle 1.• Miami Country Day 60, Sagemont 32: SAG (12-6): Black 10, Smith 8, Marshall 2, Jackson 4, Correa 2, Cole 6. MCD (15-2): Alvarez 11, MacKenzie 10, Lewis 5, Minott 15, Anyataligbo 14, Berry 5. Rebounds: Smith 8, Correa 5. Assists: Provenzano 4. Steals: Provenzano 2, Rucker 2. Three-pointers: Smith 2, Alvarez 3, MacKenzie 2.
District 15-2A semifinals at Ransom Everglades: Monsignor Pace-Mater Lakes winner vs. MAST, 4:30; Edison-La Salle winner vs. Ransom, 7
District 16-2A semifinals at Coral Shores: Gulliver-Keys Gate winner vs. Carrollton-Archbishop Carroll winner, 5; Coral Shores-Florida Christian winner vs. St. Brendan-Westminster Christian winner, 7
Mater Lakes vs. MAST (MAST), 4:00
Westland Hialeah vs. Miami Central (CEN), 7:30
Coral Gables vs. Southwest (SW), 7:30
American vs. Hialeah-Miami Lakes (HML), 7:30
Southridge vs. South Dade (SD), 7:30
Braddock vs. Columbus (Columbus), 7:30
Homestead vs. Northwestern (NW), 7:30
Hialeah Gardens vs. North Miami (NM), 7:30
Miami Springs vs. Carol City (CC), 7:30
Ferguson vs. Miami High (MHS), 7:30
North Miami Beach vs. Ronald Reagan (RR), 7:30
Norland vs. Mourning (Mourning), 7:30
Coral Reef vs. Killian (KIL), 7:30
Miami Palmetto vs. Sunset (SUN), 7:30
Hialeah vs. Miami Beach (MB), 7:30
Miami High vs. Krop (KROP), 7:30
Coral Park vs. Varela (VAR), 7:30
Jackson vs. Doral Academy (DRL), 7:30
Belen Jesuit vs. Mater Academy Charter (MATER), 7:30
Ronald Reagan vs. Hialeah Educational Academy (Hialeah Educational Academy), 3:30
Norland vs. Mourning (Mourning), 4:30
Carrollton vs. Riviera Prep (Riviera Prep), 4:30
Ransom Everglades vs. Florida Christian (FCS), 5:00
Greater Miami Academy vs. SLAM Charter (SLAM Charter), 6:00
Posnack Day School vs. Hillel (HIL), 7:00
St. Brendan vs. Gulliver Prep (GPS), 7:30
District 12-5A final at West Boca Raton: 7
District 13-5A final at Cypress Bay: 7
District 15-5A final at Tropical Park: 3:30
District 15-4A final at Milander: 7
District 16-4A final at Traz Powell: 7
District 15-3A final at Archbishop McCarthy: 6
District 16-3A final at Key West: 5
District 14-2A final at Pine Crest: 7
District 13-1A final at Highlands Christian: 7
District 14-1A final at Brian Piccolo Park: 4
District 16-1A final at Marathon: 6
Join the Discussion
Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.