Iowa's biggest concern could be at kicker. Or maybe punter.
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney says the three players suspended for the 16th-ranked Tigers' opener at No. 12 Georgia, including returning starters defensive end Corey Crawford and offensive lineman David Beasley, won't get a reprieve from their one-game punishments.
Tulsa's offense struggled last year. Keyarris Garrett's return is one reason the Golden Hurricane believe they can improve as they enter the American Athletic Conference.
California quarterback Jared Goff sent multiple school passing records as a freshman in 2013. He's looking forward to a lighter workload this year.
Marshall University's mantra, shaped from the worst disaster in U.S. sports history, is "From the ashes, we rose." The same could be said for quarterback Rakeem Cato.
Training players to compete at multiple positions is how new Penn State coach James Franklin plans to combat a team depth chart that's not all that deep.
The quarterback throws toward the sideline, where a receiver hauls the pass in, gets two feet down and flips the ball to the official.
Joshua Perry says he's ready for his closeup.
Michigan State University has dedicated a $24.5 million addition to Spartan Stadium.
No. 4 Oklahoma expects its passing game to thrive, even without Dorial Green-Beckham.
Mark Dantonio cares more about how No. 8 Michigan State plays than how many plays Jacksonville State can run with its fast-tempo offense in Friday's season opener for both teams.
The Southern Arkansas University and Henderson State University football teams will play in the sixth annual Murphy USA Classic in El Dorado.
Bret Bielema has talked throughout the preseason about his increased comfort level at Arkansas, and how he expects that to translate to a better team on the field.
It might be hard to find a team more eager for the season to begin than Florida.
Tennessee coach Butch Jones likes to compare guiding a young football team to raising children and watching them mature.
Four of the eight neutral-site games the first week of the college football season involve Big Ten teams.
After Texas Tech's Holiday Bowl win, the Red Raiders' leading rusher approached coach Kliff Kingsbury to ask if he could switch positions.
Jeremy Johnson will be No. 6 Auburn's starting quarterback against Arkansas, and Nick Marshall will play in the game at some point.
The difference in Sean Mannion is marked: The once soft-spoken and reserved quarterback for Oregon State has blossomed into a confident full-fledged leader in his senior season for the Beavers.
Drake Johnson will never forget it.
Tennessee Tech coach Watson Brown has agreed to terms on a contract extension through the 2019 season.
As a sixth-year senior, Maryland quarterback C.J. Brown has accumulated invaluable experience on the football field and a wealth of knowledge in the classroom.
The foundation of Jimbo Fisher's coaching philosophy began during rides home with his father after Pop Warner games. His dad would pepper him in the car with a single question: Why?
Most of the position battles are settled, and the biggest question No. 11 Stanford had entering training camp — the status of top playmaker Ty Montgomery — has been answered.
North Carolina is investigating a report of an alleged hazing altercation that left a walk-on receiver with a possible concussion.
Ameer Abdullah is in position to become the first Nebraska player to record three 1,000-yard rushing seasons. Not that it's a primary goal for him.
It's easy to lose Mississippi State's Jameon Lewis on the football field. At just 5-foot-9 and 187 pounds, he can often slice through creases in the defense or slip behind the offensive line undetected.
Tulane running back Rob Kelley has been charged with simple battery and simple robbery after authorities say he struck another student and took his bicycle.
Kentucky defensive ends Alvin "Bud" Dupree and Za'Darius Smith could have tried to cash in on impressive junior seasons and entered the NFL draft.
John Reagan has what could be the most uncomfortable job in major college football: He's the offensive coordinator at Kansas, hired by coach Charlie Weis to replace — Charlie Weis.
- Pembroke Pines police bust Miami Fire Lt. in online sex sting
- Teachers union, school board association to challenge school voucher program
- Florida Supreme Court asked to rule on gay marriage
- Migrant crisis: Group asks feds for equal rights for Haitians
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69
- Mistrial declared for Medley man accused of killing 423-pound man
- Sarkisian: USC looking into Shaw's heroic story
- IMF chief Lagarde under investigation in France
- Ex-Canes star Lamar Thomas to coach against alma mater when Louisville faces UM
- Once a position of concern, receiver becomes a strength for FSU Seminoles
- Wild-card chances diminish as Miami Marlins fall to Angels
- Daniel Thomas battling to keep job with Miami Dolphins
- Miami Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton refuses to give clues on long-term future
- Florida State Seminoles will schedule walk-through at AT&T Stadium
- Bethune-Cookman relishes last year’s win at FIU
- Nathan Eovaldi, Miami Marlins pummeled by Angels
- Melia Hotels announces spring opening for ME Miami
- Senior scams more prevalent as population ages
- Advocates for poor say Jackson Health System bars needy from charity care
- Programs protect plants and animals along path of the Panama Canal expansion
- Le Pain Quotidien scouting for four locations in Miami-Dade
- Royal Caribbean rolls out new tech for Quantum of the Seas
- Case-Shiller: Miami area home prices rose 11.5 percent in June
- Q&A with Maurice Ferré: What’s next after MAKO?
- Weekend meal recipes: Shrimp risotto, chile-chocolate brownies
- Weekday meal planner: Cubano dogs for Friday
- Carolyn Hax: One person can make a big difference standing up for another
- Farm fresh: A guide to South Florida farmers markets
- Plum salsa puts grilled pork tenderloin over the top
- Oatmeal epiphanies: Gluten-free and pod-ready
- Pro tip: Indent your burgers for even Labor Day grilling
- Exercise-induced asthma can develop suddenly, but can be managed with a pulmonologist
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- William Greaves, TV host and filmmaker, dead at 87
- Pioneering Egyptian civil rights lawyer dies at 63
- Bulgarian poet Valeri Petrov dies
- Longtime Tennessee civil rights lawyer dies at 86
- Peruvian journalist Zileri dead at 83
- Correction: Obit-Sperling story
- Correction: Britain-Obit-Richard Attenborough
- Oglala Sioux leader Gerald One Feather dies