The predicted order of finish in the Ohio Valley Conference as predicted by coaches and sports information directors and released Monday. Eight points awarded for first, and coaches and sports information directors could not vote for their own teams (with first-place votes in parentheses):
Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby had a dire warning Monday for anyone who likes intercollegiate athletics the way they are now.
Texas A&M defensive lineman Gavin Stansbury has left the team to focus on what coach Kevin Sumlin calls "personal issues."
Bob McNamara, an All-American football player for Minnesota in the 1950s and later a major fundraiser for the university, has died. He was 82.
The top receiver on the University of Idaho football team has been dismissed after being convicted of driving under the influence.
Coach Art Briles and Baylor arrived at Big 12 football media days as defending champions for the first time.
The Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference is moving its football championship game to Montgomery.
Bobby Petrino turned Louisville into a top-10 team nearly a decade ago. Now, more than two years after a scandal derailed his career, Petrino is back with the Cardinals as they enter the Atlantic Coast Conference.
The 2014 Ohio Valley Conference preseason team as voted on by coaches and sports information directors and released Monday:
Florida State was an obvious choice as a favorite in one of the Atlantic Coast Conference's divisions.
It's been a while since the Atlantic Coast Conference entered a season with this much buzz.
Jameis Winston wants to look to the season ahead as the Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback for reigning national champion Florida State. He also knows he has to answer questions about his off-field conduct.
Atlantic Coast Conference commissioner John Swofford says he's confident the NCAA will pass a proposal that will allow the five power conferences to make some of their own rules.
The new-look Big 12 is ready for some football.
Jacksonville State is picked to win the Ohio Valley Conference championship by media covering the league.
Arkansas State linebacker Qushaun Lee has been named to the 2014 Walter Camp Player of the Year Award watch list.
Comcast Cable has reached a deal with ESPN to carry the SEC Network.
South Carolina linebacker Kiawan Lewis believes the Gamecocks' success won't stop now that stars such as Jadeveon Clowney and Connor Shaw are gone.
Alabama State is once again the popular preseason pick to win the Southwestern Athletic Conference's East Division.
A man has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of Eastern Michigan University football player Demarius Reed.
Clemson has hired former quarterback Rodney Williams as a color analyst on the school's football broadcasts.
Rob Bolden has transferred to Eastern Michigan from LSU.
Defending Southwestern Athletic Conference champion Southern and Alabama State are the favorites to win their divisions.
Tennessee is counting on family connections to help the program return to prominence.
Harris County's top elected official said demolishing the Astrodome would be a "silly plan."
North Texas will begin selling beer on the public concourse level at football games this fall.
Former Washington football coach Jim Lambright faces a court appearance next month on an assault charge.
Todd Gurley downplays talk of being a potential Heisman Trophy candidate, but the Georgia running back can't contain a smile at the mention of one milestone that's probably unrealistic.
Alabama receiver Amari Cooper has been through the offseasons filled with talk of repeat national championships, and now he's endured one that began with sour memories not celebratory confetti showers.
Arkansas State running back Michael Gordon has been named to the watch list for the 2014 Doak Walker Award.
- South Miami votes to block county over mosquito spraying in its city
- Miami Beach bans all Styrofoam products
- Exit at County Hall: Miami-Dade mayor loses top deputy
- Miami Beach mayor to ask that Venetian bridge be locked down
- Plane crashes in Taiwan, 47 trapped, feared dead
- LeBron apologizes to neighbors, sends cupcakes
- 4-day Comic Con festival kicks off in San Diego
- Jacob Turner leads Miami Marlins in tense victory over Atlanta Braves
- Soccer friendly at Marlins Park will be missing James Rodriguez and possibly Radamel Falcao
- Possible setback for Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey on eve of training camp
- Source: Miami Marlins interest remains in Oakland reliever Jim Johnson
- Walton advances to 400 semifinals at IAAF meet
- Miami Hurricanes shifting to attack mode
- Garrett Jones comes up big for Miami Marlins in 10th inning win over Braves
- Cuban-American goalie Al Montoya hopes to ‘show off my American dream’ with Florida Panthers
- Radamel Falcao steals show during AS Monaco workout at FIU
- Travel to Israel slows after FAA ban
- Goodwill, feds investigate for possible data breach
- Many workers say binge-watching TV on their time off is a pleasurable way to keep the world at bay.
- Bal Harbour Shops’ first two-story designer boutique, Salvatore Ferragamo, opens on Friday
- Mansion at 12 Indian Creek sells for $28 million
- Florida Community Bank’s parent wants to raise at least $208.8 million in IPO
- Miami-Dade prices still climbing, but there’s pressure on sales of existing condos
- Broward home sales, prices rose in June
- Dive in to a big bowl of cold soup this summer
- Parmigiano-Reggiano earns its reign as king of cheeses
- Miami Flavors: Spotlight on Nicaraguan food, ingredients
- Fit tip: Eat more mangoes
- Carolyn Hax: Am I single and loving it or just scared?
- Dear Abby: Younger couples weigh in on how they handle money
- A cut above: Sharp knives are a home cook’s greatest tool
- Layered picnic coleslaw is a sight to behold
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 20
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Zany underwater music festival in Florida Keys still a hit
- Life’s not easy in the islands
- Festival sets out to put a positive spin on Overtown
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Correction: Obit-Thomas Berger story
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- Red Tops vocalist dies at 87
- James Garner, TV antihero of 'Maverick,' 'Rockford,' dies at 86
- Thomas Berger, 'Little Big Man' author, dead at 89