Oklahoma got a lot of attention with its upset victory over Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
Two University of Texas football players were arrested and charged Thursday with felony sexual assault after a female student said she was raped in a campus dorm room last month.
The University of Arkansas has announced plans for its annual Fan Day for Razorback football fans.
Stanford has played in four straight major bowl games and the past two Rose Bowls, building a resilient football power at an improbable place.
Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall has paid the fines for possession of a small amount of marijuana and a window tint violation.
Washington quarterback Cyler Miles was suspended for the Huskies' season opener against Hawaii for his role in two on-campus assaults following the Seattle Seahawks' win over the Denver Broncos in the Super Bowl.
Georgia has announced that sophomore defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor has been dismissed from the team following his arrest on aggravated assault and family violence charges.
A prosecutor says Eastern Michigan University wide receiver Demarius Reed was killed "for an iPhone and a wallet that were never even used."
Utah State quarterback Chuckie Keeton got his junior season off to a superb start, only to have it derailed by a knee injury in Game 6.
Oregon has been picked to win the Pac-12 football title in a preseason media poll for the fourth time in the past five years.
A coach says a Winona State University football player who collapsed and died during a workout likely died of a previously undetected heart condition.
Although Marcus Mariota knew he would be under a spotlight when he stepped onto the famed Paramount Studios lot Wednesday, the Oregon quarterback is getting quite comfortable in his starring role.
Defending champion Bowling Green is the favorite to win this season's Mid-American Conference title.
Illinois football coach Tim Beckman says the push to find a new offensive line coach with preseason practices starting Aug. 4 was "kind of crazy."
North Carolina State and West Virginia will play a home-and-home series beginning in 2018.
The chairman of the NCAA's infractions committee says a number of factors could be the cause for the lack of activity by the group that prompted Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby to call the enforcement program "broken."
Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Jameis Winston is one of nine Florida State players on the preseason all-Atlantic Coast Conference team.
Conference USA commissioner Britton Banowsky knows at least one thing won't change with autonomy for the five power conferences to make their own bylaws.
The University of Central Arkansas is picked fourth in both the preseason Southland Conference polls released Wednesday by the conference.
Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Glenn Spencer has spent considerable time this summer trying to find flaws in Jameis Winston's game.
It's been a restless few years for Southern Conference Commissioner John Iamarino. These days, the longtime league leader can finally get some sleep.
Georgia Tech has dismissed wide receiver Anthony Autry and defensive linemen Darius Commissiong and Travin Henry and suspended defensive back Lynn Griffin for the first two games of the 2014 season.
A list of the preseason all-Mountain West Conference team as selected by media covering the league:
LSU freshman defensive tackle Trey Lealaimatafao might not be able to play this season after he injured his arm punching through glass in the Tigers' weight room.
The Minnesota football team has finalized the schedule for preseason camp, and it features three practices plus one scrimmage that will be open to the public.
Junior defensive end Eddie Yarbrough is the only Wyoming player named to the Mountain West Conference preseason all-conference team.
A Bowling Green football player has been charged with attempted rape.
TCU suspended defensive end Devonte Fields on Tuesday pending the results of a police investigation into whether he punched a former girlfriend in the head and threatened her with a gun while shouting, "I should blast you!"
Campus officials say a football player at Winona State University who recently transferred from Illinois has died while working out with teammates.
Welcome to the new Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Healthcare consumers asked to verify income, other information
- Aruba faced potentially 'severe' economic pressure over general
- Anti-Semitic messages pop up in Miami Beach, Northeast Dade
- U.S. report says religious freedom in Cuba is bad but getting better
- Keys men in marriage case want state Supreme Court ruling
- Obama mulls large-scale move on immigration
- Fighting in Ukraine prompts residents to flee
- With new ships, Norwegian second-quarter earnings improve
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Hamas, Israel trade blame for deaths of 9 children
- Shutdown of Miami’s State Road 112 canceled
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Iraq police find 17 bodies, some bound, in Baghdad
- Miami Marlins’ stunning rally in ninth tops Nationals
- Popular artificial reef and live bait spot Bug Light demolished
- UM QB Jake Heaps: ‘I didn’t come here to be a backup’
- Miami Dolphins rookie wide receiver Jarvis Landry catching on real fast
- Mike Hill: Miami Marlins won’t be sellers
- Resurgent Miami Marlins cap 6-1 road trip with three-game sweep of Houston Astros
- Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller hopes to thrive in Bill Lazors new offense
- Continued surge could put Miami Marlins in buy mode for a starting pitcher
- With new ships, Norwegian second-quarter earnings improve
- Bonjour Television Network will offer four channels for French-speaking viewers in the United States
- Latest designer condo: FENDI Château Residences
- Study: Miami’s economic recovery ranks No. 18 in U.S.
- Equinox acquiring Sports Club/LA, including club on Miami’s Brickell Avenue
- AT&T activates 7 more South Florida cell sites
- Apollo Bank receives final approvals to acquire First Bank of Miami
- Good deals: At merchandise liquidators, buyers find more for less
- Wake up your slacking muscles
- Carolyn Hax: Whether the host or the guest, parent can’t relax
- Dear Abby: Son’s clumsiness may have a physical cause
- Fit tip: Do compression sleeves work?
- Candy-bar ‘bites’ take a bite out of wallets
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: How much sleep do I really need? Or, 7 is the new 8
- Pile this orzo pilaf onto your plate
- Jock Doc: New advances in hip-replacement surgery can help in the long term
- A branch of O Cinema may be coming to North Beach
- Comic-Con 2014: Hollywood stirs fan fervor
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 27
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Seattle Mayor Paul Schell dies
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52