The hope for Iowa was that a deep and talented defensive line would help mask its inexperience at linebacker and in the secondary.
Michael Brewer saw Virginia Tech as an elite program growing up.
Junior cornerback Kevin Short has withdrawn from Kansas due to person reasons, though coach Charlie Weis left open the door Tuesday to his possible return next season.
Vanderbilt first-year coach Derek Mason has studied the tape of the Commodores disappointing loss to open the season. He's found plenty of mistakes to correct, including how he acts on the sideline.
Just call him Kenny Trill.
Two years after sanctions threatened to cripple the program, Penn State has an eye on a spot in the polls.
North Dakota State University is once again at the top of both Football Championship Subdivision polls.
Breaking down the ballots for the first regular-season AP Top 25 and wrapping up college football's opening weekend.
Wisconsin quarterback Joel Stave isn't hurt, after all.
Run, pass — coach Paul Chryst insists he doesn't care how Pittsburgh moves the ball so long as it moves.
Oklahoma State University defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah has been named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week.
Denver Mayor Michael Hancock has apologized for flubbing Colorado State football coach Jim McElwain's name after McElwain's Rams beat the University of Colorado.
The University of Montana football team is ranked fourth by the media and fifth by Football Championship Subdivision coaches after its 17-12 loss at Wyoming on Saturday.
Dane Evans looked like a different quarterback in Tulsa's season-opening win over Tulane.
Miami's offense converted just one of 13 third-down opportunities and didn't fully capitalize on two takeaways near Louisville's end zone.
Preston Smith's career is an example of how Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen likes to develop players.
Connor Cook tried his best last season to ignore the talk of how Michigan State's defense was carrying the team.
Michigan might have a running attack again.
Texas quarterback David Ash, who missed most of last season with concussion symptoms, will not play this week against BYU after getting headaches and feeling dizzy in the hours following the Longhorns' season-opening win over North Texas.
Texas quarterback David Ash, who missed most of last season with concussion symptoms, was injured again and will miss this week's game against BYU.
Offensive-minded Baylor coach Art Briles spent a lot of time during the offseason trying to convince everyone how good he expected the Bears to be on defense.
Despite his small-program background, Todd Graham is not a proponent of facing schools from college football's lower ranks now that he's at Arizona State.
An offseason spent pushing the defense to force turnovers paid off in No. 23 North Carolina's season-opening victory.
The Alabama quarterback competition continues, even though the opener was all Blake Sims.
Baylor's new stadium opened to rave reviews. The 10th-ranked Bears looked pretty good, too.
After a lackluster offensive showing in its opener, No. 25 Washington will have a different quarterback for coach Chris Petersen's home debut.
There were the expected season-opening blowout victories for Big 12 teams.
Florida State's Chris Casher remained listed as the starting outside linebacker on Monday's depth chart, but coach Jimbo Fisher said his status remains unknown.
Iowa State wide receiver Quenton Bundrage is out for the season with a knee injury.
Russell Hansbrough can't remember the previous time he rushed 20 times in a game.
- 350 more troops assigned to US Embassy in Baghdad
- Obama to Europe: NATO to oppose Russian aggression
- Court: US can withhold Guantánamo detainee images
- FIU provides credential for Miami Herald’s beat reporter
- Kendall-Tamiami Executive Airport could change its name
- Reports: Video shows beheading of South Florida journalist Steven Sotloff
- High court weighs campaign cash in judicial races
- Bieber charged with assault over photo incident
- Florida Gators eager for second season opener to begin
- FIU provides credential for Miami Herald’s beat reporter
- Pitching falters again for Miami Marlins in loss to New York Mets
- Miami Hurricanes must address offensive line woes after opening loss
- Brazil, Colombia have a lot to prove in Friday’s friendly
- Miami Dolphins’ Mike Pouncey not well enough to practice — yet
- Calvary Christian’s Joel Lacy staying focused
- Florida State Seminoles prepare for The Citadel’s triple-option offense
- Diplomat Resort to shed Westin, join Hilton collection
- Frost invests in drone maker
- Norwegian to enter luxury market with Prestige acquisition
- Brookings study: Miami attracts big share of foreign students, but not in STEM fields
- Entrepreneurship events a show of force of angels, startups
- WorldCity: Red ink abounds among South Florida exports
- A new operator readies Rio de Janeiros airport for 2016 Olympics
- CEOs split on the question of gambling
- Dear Abby: Husband is reluctant spectator at wife's parade in the nude
- Biography chronicles the life of Cuba’s first female published author
- Legendary editor’s new cookbook is for the dogs
- Mr. Tidbit: Shrinking cereal sizes squeeze consumers
- Florida cooks are finalists in Pillsbury Bake-Off
- Pack these nutrients into your hurricane readiness kits
- Weekday meal planner: Portuguese mussels and shrimp with chorizo
- Weekend meal recipes: Pork stir-fry; peach, tomato and burrata salad
- Stage Door explores the songs of the 1960s with ‘What’s New Pussycat?’
- A Miami choreographer captures the desolate urban glory of the Miami Marine Stadium on film
- Thomas Wyroba, 64, beloved teacher at Miami’s New World of the Arts
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Aug. 31
- A strong debut despite its shortcomings
- Glimpse into tony world of antiques
- A South Florida acting couple lands the perfect roles: husband and wife
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- NFL star, boxer Charlie Powell dies in California
- Jimi Jamison, lead singer of Survivor, dead at 63
- Brazilian designer Sergio Rodrigues dies at 86
- President of Staten Island Museum dies
- Retired Associated Press newsman dies in NY at 76
- Ex-Romanian foreign minister under communism dies
- Spanish fashion designer Pertegaz dies at 96
- Former Jethro Tull bass player Glenn Cornick dies