The Purdue defense is eager to make a fresh start.
Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly expects some teeth-gnashing while watching the Fighting Irish defense this fall.
South Carolina linebacker Skai Moore, the team's leading tackler last season, won't start the season opener against Texas A&M on Thursday night after missing a treatment session for a shoulder injury.
The Detroit Lions have announced a name and sponsor for its college bowl game.
University of Arkansas football coach Bret Bielema has announced the signing of a defensive lineman from Fort Smith Northside.
A former University of Wisconsin football recruit has been sentenced to a year in jail for sexually assaulting a woman during a visit to the Madison campus last December.
Virginia Tech wide receiver Willie Byrn has a message for his teammates as they prepare to open their season against William & Mary: Be ready to play, or be ready to lose.
Trevone Boykin is in the same position he was last year with TCU, again part of the unanswered question of who will be the starting quarterback only days before the season opener.
Southern California coach Steve Sarkisian says the school is investigating defensive back Josh Shaw's claim that he injured both of his ankles jumping off a balcony to save his nephew from drowning.
Braxton Miller came through surgery just fine.
SMU has added Kevlar-fortified liners designed to lower the risk of concussions to the inside of its football helmets.
Oklahoma State's defensive backs like the idea of facing the best of the best.
Derek Mason knows exactly where he will be when it's time for his Vanderbilt Commodores to run onto the field Thursday night.
Iowa's biggest concern could be at kicker. Or maybe punter.
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney says the three players suspended for the 16th-ranked Tigers' opener at No. 12 Georgia, including returning starters defensive end Corey Crawford and offensive lineman David Beasley, won't get a reprieve from their one-game punishments.
Tulsa's offense struggled last year. Keyarris Garrett's return is one reason the Golden Hurricane believe they can improve as they enter the American Athletic Conference.
California quarterback Jared Goff sent multiple school passing records as a freshman in 2013. He's looking forward to a lighter workload this year.
Marshall University's mantra, shaped from the worst disaster in U.S. sports history, is "From the ashes, we rose." The same could be said for quarterback Rakeem Cato.
Training players to compete at multiple positions is how new Penn State coach James Franklin plans to combat a team depth chart that's not all that deep.
The quarterback throws toward the sideline, where a receiver hauls the pass in, gets two feet down and flips the ball to the official.
Joshua Perry says he's ready for his closeup.
Michigan State University has dedicated a $24.5 million addition to Spartan Stadium.
No. 4 Oklahoma expects its passing game to thrive, even without Dorial Green-Beckham.
Mark Dantonio cares more about how No. 8 Michigan State plays than how many plays Jacksonville State can run with its fast-tempo offense in Friday's season opener for both teams.
The Southern Arkansas University and Henderson State University football teams will play in the sixth annual Murphy USA Classic in El Dorado.
Bret Bielema has talked throughout the preseason about his increased comfort level at Arkansas, and how he expects that to translate to a better team on the field.
It might be hard to find a team more eager for the season to begin than Florida.
The Aggies don't have a glaring need at wide receiver.
Southern California senior cornerback Josh Shaw injured both ankles after leaping from a second-story balcony to save his 7-year-old nephew from drowning in a pool.
Wyoming football coach Craig Bohl will have a half-hour weekly television show Thursday nights during the season.
- Nathan Eovaldi, Miami Marlins pummeled by Angels
- Conrad Hilton hurt in car crash near Palm Springs
- Journalist held captive in Syria arrives in US
- Ebola has 'upper hand' says US health official
- Immigration protesters interrupt Sen. Marco Rubio
- American, US Airways will stop listing on Orbitz
- 4 found dead in suspected murder-suicide in Tulsa
- Quake is major test for hard-luck California city
- Miami Hurricanes still miffed, motivated by loss to Louisville
- Miami Dolphins DL Earl Mitchell already proving he’s a free agent gem
- Bethune-Cookman relishes last year’s win at FIU
- Leaner Dante Fowler Jr. hopes to feast on UF Gators’ opposing quarterbacks
- Former Miami Booker T. Washington High School QB Treon Harris named backup quarterback at the University of Florida
- Miami Marlins’ Christian Yelich excels as leadoff hitter
- FSU’s Delvin Purifoy out for the season
- Brady Quinn among 8 players released by Miami Dolphins
- Le Pain Quotidien scouting for four locations in Miami-Dade
- Royal Caribbean rolls out new tech for Quantum of the Seas
- Case-Shiller: Miami area home prices rose 11.5 percent in June
- Q&A with Maurice Ferré: What’s next after MAKO?
- At Orlando conference, retail experts predict malls will be increasingly innovative
- Burger King operations would remain in Miami in a Tim Hortons deal
- Lines open Monday for Miami-Dade IKEA
- Affordable Care Act exemptions mean millions don’t have to sign up
- Plum salsa puts grilled pork tenderloin over the top
- Oatmeal epiphanies: Gluten-free and pod-ready
- Pro tip: Indent your burgers for even Labor Day grilling
- Exercise-induced asthma can develop suddenly, but can be managed with a pulmonologist
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: On Labor Day, let’s celebrate the importance of leisure
- Stem cells are being tested to determine if they help mobility after a stroke
- Alison Lurie’s meditations on architecture fall flat in ‘The Language of Houses’
- What do you recommend?
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Peruvian journalist Zileri dead at 83
- Correction: Obit-Sperling story
- Correction: Britain-Obit-Richard Attenborough
- Oglala Sioux leader Gerald One Feather dies
- De Rothschild, grande dame of wine, dies at 80
- NASA: Former astronaut Nagel dies after illness
- B.K.S. Iyengar, Indian guru who helped popularize yoga in West, dies at 95
- Veteran music agent Peter Grosslight dead at 68