Defending champion Tommy Robredo beat fellow Spaniard Albert Ramos-Vinolas 6-4, 6-4 on Wednesday to reach the quarterfinals of the Croatia Open.
Clemson has hired Yale administrator Natalie Gonzalez as the athletic department's Senior Woman Administrator.
Rob Gronkowski was a training camp spectator last summer while recovering from surgery.
When University of Illinois trustees meet in Chicago they will consider adding $4.5 million to the budget for the renovation of the State Farm Center in Champaign.
Movie theaters around the U.S. will show live English soccer games on their big screens on Saturday mornings.
Golf World, the oldest golf magazine in America, published its final print edition this week before switching entirely to a digital delivery.
FIFA is supporting a Sierra Leone Football Association investigation into claims that players tried to fix a World Cup qualifying match in 2008.
The inaugural International Crown is unique for what it isn't.
Leaders from the four U.S. cities in the running to bid for the 2024 Summer Games will meet with U.S. Olympic Committee leadership Friday in the first gathering to include representatives from all the major interested parties.
Tom Watson, one of the all-time masters of links golf with five British Open championships under his belt, has taken to his heart Royal Porthcawl, the venue for the British Senior Open starting on Thursday.
The state will not pursue criminal charges against a South Texas funeral home that buried unidentified immigrants in trash bags and shopping bags in mass graves.
Reggie Wayne wants the Colts to live this season in the fast lane.
Buffalo Bills reserve tight end Chris Gragg is in the hospital receiving treatment for heat-related cramps.
The Cleveland Indians have recalled infielder Jose Ramirez from Triple-A Columbus, with starting shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera still hampered by lower back spasms.
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
The Colorado Avalanche have avoided arbitration with Ryan O'Reilly by signing the versatile forward to a two-year deal.
Lewis Hamilton will be aiming to win his third straight Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday and fifth overall as he chases Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg for the championship lead in the last race before the summer break.
Dallas Mavericks point guard Raymond Felton pleaded guilty Wednesday in a New York gun case, taking a plea deal that involved admitting a felony but spares him jail.
Mercedes says its motorsport chief Toto Wolff will attend the Hungarian Grand Prix this week despite breaking several bones in a cycling crash in his native Austria.
Former champion Bojana Jovanovski of Serbia returned to the Baku Cup quarterfinals by beating Katarzyna Piter of Poland 6-3, 6-1 on Wednesday.
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Ex-Sweetwater detective Garcia hit with nine-year sentence for credit card fraud
- Exit at County Hall: Miami-Dade mayor loses top deputy
- Teen recovering after barracuda shreds arm, chest
- South Miami votes to block county over mosquito spraying in its city
- Miami Beach bans all Styrofoam products
- Miami Beach mayor to ask that Venetian bridge be locked down
- Plane crashes while landing in Taiwan, killing 47
- Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey could miss seven games
- Jacob Turner leads Miami Marlins in tense victory over Atlanta Braves
- Source: Miami Marlins interest remains in Oakland reliever Jim Johnson
- Greg Cote: Dolphins, Canes can make Miami a football town again
- Walton advances to 400 semifinals at IAAF meet
- Cuban-American goalie Al Montoya hopes to ‘show off my American dream’ with Florida Panthers
- Radamel Falcao steals show during AS Monaco workout at FIU
- Miami Hurricanes shifting to attack mode
- New craft beer market to open in Wynwood
- U.S. Senator holding afternoon hearing on cruise passenger protection
- Travel to Israel slows after FAA ban
- Goodwill, feds investigate for possible data breach
- Many workers say binge-watching TV on their time off is a pleasurable way to keep the world at bay.
- Bal Harbour Shops’ first two-story designer boutique, Salvatore Ferragamo, opens on Friday
- Mansion at 12 Indian Creek sells for $28 million
- Florida Community Bank’s parent wants to raise at least $208.8 million in IPO
- Dive in to a big bowl of cold soup this summer
- Parmigiano-Reggiano earns its reign as king of cheeses
- Miami Flavors: Spotlight on Nicaraguan food, ingredients
- Fit tip: Eat more mangoes
- Carolyn Hax: Am I single and loving it or just scared?
- Dear Abby: Younger couples weigh in on how they handle money
- A cut above: Sharp knives are a home cook’s greatest tool
- Layered picnic coleslaw is a sight to behold
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 20
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Zany underwater music festival in Florida Keys still a hit
- Life’s not easy in the islands
- Festival sets out to put a positive spin on Overtown
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Correction: Obit-Thomas Berger story
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- Red Tops vocalist dies at 87
- James Garner, TV antihero of 'Maverick,' 'Rockford,' dies at 86