It was a special night for Pittsburgh Pirates third baseman Josh Harrison.
Poor defense and sloppy late baserunning proved costly to the Cleveland Indians on Friday night.
Skip the rest of the preseason. The Green Bay Packers offense seems ready for some real games.
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons called Friday's shutout loss to Tampa Bay "a lousy game."
Ryan Blaney bolted past Kyle Busch on a restart with six laps remaining and won Friday's NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Bristol Motor Speedway for his second career victory.
Yordano Ventura still reverts to being the rookie pitcher he is for the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals.
Down to their final strike, the Seattle Mariners put a dramatic end to more than three years of futility at Fenway Park.
Adam Wainwright is eager to get past his recent struggles.
The Washington Nationals' winning streak ended at a team record-tying 10 games as San Francisco rookie Joe Panik hit his first major league home run and sent the Giants to a 10-3 romp on Friday night.
Ann of the Dance rallied to win the $95,600 CTT & TOC Handicap by a nose at Del Mar on Friday.
Geno Smith and Michael Vick each threw touchdown passes with the New York Jets' starting offense, and the defense mostly shut down Eli Manning before the Giants' backups rallied for a 35-24 preseason victory Friday night.
Reggie Bush's long run was a highlight — one the Detroit Lions nearly wasted with the kinds of mistakes they can ill afford once the season starts.
With two outs and the bases loaded in the ninth inning, Martin Prado fouled off three straight fastballs from power pitcher Daniel Webb. To settle himself, he looked into the Yankees dugout and saw his new teammates standing at the railing, cheering him on.
As the deficit grew from two to four to eight, even the Washington Nationals — who grew so accustomed to comeback, last-at-bat heroics during their 10-game winning streak — had to admit that their good thing was coming to an end.
Louisville says wide receiver Devante Parker injured his left foot during practice and will be evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon in Charlotte, North Carolina, soon.
Tom Brady threw two touchdown passes. Stephen Gostkowski kicked a 60-yard field goal. The New England Patriots didn't allow a point for more than 58 minutes.
The Houston Astros' journey through the land of American League playoff contenders has been a success so far.
After the first inning, the results for Kyle Kendrick are completely different.
Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon called Drew Smyly's first career complete game "artistic."
Courtney Vandersloot hit the game-winning jumper from the top of the key with 20 seconds left to lead the Sky to an 80-77 win over the Dream in the first game of their WNBA playoff series.
- Rocket explodes during test flight; no injuries
- ND teacher of the year charged with 5 felonies
- Costa Rica to investigate US anti-Cuba program
- Billionaire pinpoints Museum Park as favored flagpole site
- UCF student injured in armed robbery
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Fade to black: Leonard Maltin ending movie guides
- St. Louis police release video of shooting
- Marcell Ozuna comes up big as Miami Marlins blow out Colorado Rockies
- Miami Dolphins’ Knowshon Moreno in position to earn expanded role
- Seven spots still up for grabs on Florida Gators’ roster
- Miami Central football coach receives slur-filled hate mail from Alabama ‘fan’
- Armando Salguero: Dan Marino’s role with Miami Dolphins is welcome but undefined
- Florida State Seminoles, fans celebrate 63rd annual kickoff luncheon
- University of Miami’s CanesFest will be on campus Saturday
- Miami Hurricanes season tickets in high demand
- Aeromexico adds fourth weekly Miami-Merida flight
- Memorial Regional Hospital’s heart program accredited
- The American consumer is back, with an asterisk
- Advanced Capital completes purchase of broker-dealer Lake Forest Securities
- Check online Social Security account to avoid costly errors
- Inherit? Invest
- Tom Hudson: This has been the summer of cooling energy prices
- FPL expects to reduce rates in 2015
- Memories of Benjamin Franklin all over town
- Condo line: Substantial surplus funds in operating budget not necessarily a good thing
- Florida: St. Augustine Spanish Wine Festival set for Sept. 9-13
- My infant daughter doesn’t have a ticket — who’s responsible?
- Jess Row’s ‘Your Face in Mine’ explores race in a fascinating context
- New surgery can relieve epileptic seizures
- Dance, yoga, art — all help Parkinson’s patients keep moving
- Sleep apnea is a risk factor for strokes
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former AP photo editor Toby Massey dies
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss