The success that a baseball team from Chicago's South Side has had at the Little League World Series is giving the whole city something to cheer about.
Ukrainian soccer champion Shakhtar Donetsk's stadium was damaged by shelling Saturday during the conflict between government troops and pro-Russian separatists.
Celtic slipped to the first defeat in its defense of the Scottish league title, losing 1-0 to Inverness Saturday as the champions paid the price for picking an understrength side ahead of a crucial Champions League qualifying match.
J-League leader Urawa Reds and FC Tokyo shared the points in an entertaining 4-4 draw, while Gamba Osaka scored a late equalizer at Ventforet Kofu to finish 3-3 in a high-scoring round on Saturday.
The Cumberland Little League team has received a big welcome home.
Aston Villa remained unbeaten in its start to the Premier League season despite not having a shot on target in a 0-0 draw against Newcastle on Saturday.
Funeral services are set for a Kent State football player who was found dead in the bedroom of his off-campus apartment this week.
Nico Rosberg will start the Belgian Grand Prix from pole position after holding off a strong challenge from his Mercedes rival Lewis Hamilton in qualifying on Saturday.
Katie Ledecky lowered her own world record in the women's 400-meter freestyle to win the Pan Pacific championships title in 3 minutes, 58.37 seconds on Saturday.
A dedication ceremony is planned for the reopening of Cleveland's historic League Park.
Now that the majors are over, Adam Scott is going after the one big prize remaining this year — a shot at the $10 million FedEx Cup prize.
In a span of two weeks, Adam Scott lost his No. 1 ranking and then ended the year without a major.
It was all but a given that Illinois would name Wes Lunt its starting quarterback. What is less certain is the quality of the players around the transfer from Oklahoma State.
From coach Marc Trestman's view, everything exposed about the Chicago Bears can be fixed.
A few well-placed balls and a couple of unfortunate miscues were enough to momentarily derail the Los Angeles Angels.
The New York Mets played a sloppy game in the field and were just as dreadful at the plate.
The Minnesota Twins are barreling toward a fourth straight 90-loss season, with little hope that things will turn around very quickly.
The San Diego Padres were familiar with Josh Collmenter's quirky delivery. Falling behind by four runs after two innings was too much to overcome.
The Colorado Rockies pitchers had trouble finding the strike zone. When they did, the Miami Marlins made them pay.
The four straight three-and-outs were bad enough for the Oakland Raiders offense in the first half.
- Airlines on alert as eruption begins in Iceland
- Three teens injured after being hit by a car in Doral
- Rocket explodes during test flight; no injuries
- ND teacher of the year charged with 5 felonies
- Costa Rica to investigate US anti-Cuba program
- Billionaire pinpoints Museum Park as favored flagpole site
- UCF student injured in armed robbery
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Marcell Ozuna comes up big as Miami Marlins blow out Colorado Rockies
- Miami Dolphins’ Knowshon Moreno in position to earn expanded role
- Seven spots still up for grabs on Florida Gators’ roster
- Miami Central football coach receives slur-filled hate mail from Alabama ‘fan’
- Armando Salguero: Dan Marino’s role with Miami Dolphins is welcome but undefined
- Florida State Seminoles, fans celebrate 63rd annual kickoff luncheon
- University of Miami’s CanesFest will be on campus Saturday
- Miami Hurricanes season tickets in high demand
- Aeromexico adds fourth weekly Miami-Merida flight
- Memorial Regional Hospital’s heart program accredited
- The American consumer is back, with an asterisk
- Advanced Capital completes purchase of broker-dealer Lake Forest Securities
- Check online Social Security account to avoid costly errors
- Inherit? Invest
- Tom Hudson: This has been the summer of cooling energy prices
- FPL expects to reduce rates in 2015
- Condo line: Substantial surplus funds in operating budget not necessarily a good thing
- Southern Cross Stargazer for Aug. 24-30, 2014
- My infant daughter doesn’t have a ticket — who’s responsible?
- Florida: St. Augustine Spanish Wine Festival set for Sept. 9-13
- Jess Row’s ‘Your Face in Mine’ explores race in a fascinating context
- New surgery can relieve epileptic seizures
- Dance, yoga, art — all help Parkinson’s patients keep moving
- Sleep apnea is a risk factor for strokes
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former AP photo editor Toby Massey dies
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss