The Oakland Athletics arrived in Orange County eager to move back atop the AL West before Labor Day.
In Eddie Lacy, the Packers' offense has found balance.
Matt Holliday long has been a thorn in the side of Chicago Cubs starter Travis Wood.
Former San Diego State quarterback Ryan Lindley is one of nine players signed to the San Diego Chargers' practice squad.
New Boca Juniors coach Rodolfo Arruabarrena won his first match in charge with a 3-1 victory over Velez Sarsfield on Sunday.
Roger Federer regrouped after a fortuitously timed rain delay to move on at the U.S. Open in four sets.
The Carolina Panthers signed 10 players to their practice squad — all of whom were cut by the team on Saturday.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have been awarded offensive lineman Garrett Gilkey off waivers from the Cleveland Browns and re-signed six players who were in training camp with them to the practice squad.
Kevin Kiermaier got the Tampa Bay Rays off to a positive start with a sharp single on Clay Buchholz's first pitch.
Chivas failed to score for the fifth consecutive game and moved closer to relegation after managing just a 0-0 draw with Cruz Azul at home in the Mexican league Sunday.
Pitcher Brandon Finnegan, who was the Kansas City Royals' first-round pick in the June draft out of TCU, will be among the September call-ups, the club said Sunday.
Holdout right guard Alex Boone has agreed to a $6 million, two-year contract with the San Francisco 49ers that replaces the two years remaining on his previous deal, a person with direct knowledge of the contract said Sunday.
Fred Couples won the Champions Tour's Shaw Charity Classic on Sunday, chipping in for eagle for a course-record 9-under 61 and beating Billy Andrade with a tap-in birdie on the first hole of a playoff.
The last time Alex Wood started against Miami at Turner Field, he pitched eight strong innings before losing 1-0 to Jose Fernandez.
All those errors added up to one ugly loss for the Detroit Tigers.
The Chicago Bears waived long snapper Brandon Hartson on Sunday.
Prior to Sunday's game, Texas manager Ron Washington said he had a gut feeling about starting pitcher Nick Martinez.
Tarik Cohen and Kwashaun Quick each scored two touchdowns and North Carolina A&T defeated Alabama A&M 47-13 in the MEAC/SWAC challenge on Sunday.
The Houston Texans made a flurry of moves Sunday, swapping out backup quarterbacks and welcoming back safety Danieal Manning.
The Dallas Cowboys will get to keep Ryan Williams on their practice squad after the fourth-year running back cleared waivers.
- Reviewing the record of Charlie Crist, Gov. Rick Scott on education
- 1 killed in small plane crash near St. Petersburg
- 9 people hurt in 50-car pileup in Washington state
- Documentary on gay rights, ‘The Day It Snowed In Miami,’ wins Aurora Award
- Coast Guard repatriates Cuban, Haitian migrants
- 5 US airstrikes target Islamic State fighters
- Barista-stand owner faces prostitution charge
- Florida Gators first game canceled after severe weather
- Florida State Seminoles know they have work to do after shaky season opener
- Youth group teaches life lessons through fishing
- University of Florida football team, Idaho mull next move after canceled game
- Florida State Seminoles survive second-half shootout to hold off Oklahoma State
- Jarred Cosart leads Miami Marlins in shutout win over Atlanta Braves
- Miami Dolphins cut Daniel Thomas, expect Mike Pouncey back soon
- Miami Hurricanes set to begin Brad Kaaya era with season opener against Louisville
- Killian relies on its strength to edge Carol City
- For love and money: Some South Florida professionals find two jobs better than one
- Miami Herald Small Business Makeover: YaYa Wines toasts its new strategy
- Miami-Dade home and condo median prices hit six-year high
- WorldCity: Red ink abounds among South Florida exports
- Carlos Gutierrez of McCann Worldgroup: Engineering the creative path forward
- Brookings study: Miami attracts big share of foreign students, but not in STEM fields
- Entrepreneurship events a show of force of angels, startups
- Entrepreneurship Datebook
- Carolyn Hax: My sister the control freak is coming for a visit
- Roxane Gay offers a biting perspective on pop culture in ‘Bad Feminist’
- Fundraiser supports Read to a Child
- Steve Almond considers football, our unkickable addiction
- Desert Inn to get a Wild West revival?
- The events of 9/11 and its aftermath shape the lives of a Washington couple in ‘Before, During, After’
- Carolyn Hax: Woman struggles with depression, wonders if it’s ‘crazy’ to be truthful
- Dear Abby: After a loved one's passing, grief can outlast the support
- Glimpse into tony world of antiques
- A South Florida acting couple lands the perfect roles: husband and wife
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Aug. 31
- A strong debut despite its shortcomings
- Coral Reef grad Ricky Ubeda vaults to the top of TVs So You Think You Can Dance
- Hometown restaurant groups Las Vegas Cuban, TooJays Deli are South Florida mainstays
- Thomas Wyroba, 64, beloved teacher at Miami’s New World of the Arts
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Jethro Tull bass player Glenn Cornick dies
- Kurt Meyer, LA architect who was committed to civic service, dies at 92
- Ex-US sailor who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- Real estate executive and Jewish leader Kenneth Schwartz dies at 88
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69
- William Greaves, TV host and filmmaker, dead at 87
- Pioneering Egyptian civil rights lawyer dies at 63
- Bulgarian poet Valeri Petrov dies