Caliya Robinson scored 20 points to lead McEachern to an 81-62 win over Archer Saturday in the GHSA Class AAAAAA girls state championship game at the Macon Coliseum.
Tate Unruh scored 22 points, including six 3-pointers, as Northern Colorado had no trouble with Southern Utah, winning 77-52 on Saturday.
NORTH STAR 60, LINTON-HMB 49
Luis Jacobo scored 19 points and Steve Forbes added 11 with nine rebounds as No. 2 seed Indiana-Purdue Fort Wayne rolled past seventh-seeded Indiana-Purdue Indianapolis 85-47 in the opening round of the Summit League tournament Saturday night.
Mike Modano's No. 9 has been retired by the Dallas Stars.
Jose Rodriguez scored 18 points Saturday night and Lawrence Johnson-Danner added 13 as Texas Southern downed Southern University 67-64.
Maurice Strong scored 16 points and grabbed seven rebounds as Alabama State edged Jackson State 67-63 on Saturday night.
Breanna Stewart scored 22 points Saturday to lead top-ranked UConn to a 72-42 rout of eighth-seeded Cincinnati in the quarterfinals of the American Athletic Conference tournament.
Kalen Dunlap scored 19 points before fouling out and Morton-White Pass held on to beat defending champion St. George's 54-51 on Saturday in the Washington Class 2B boys state title game.
The Big 12 tournament bracket is set, with Oklahoma clinching the No. 2 seed behind regular-season champion Kansas.
Butler's usual March has already begun.
MORTON-WHITE PASS 54, ST. GEORGE'S 51
Tear'a Laudermill scored 20 points and Rachel Theriot added 18 as third-seeded and No. 16 ranked Nebraska, exploded for a 50-point first half in beating No. 19 Michigan State, the No. 2 seed, 86-58 on Saturday in the Big Ten semifinals.
A difficult season came to a rough end for the Houston Cougars.
Western senior guard Carley O'Neal scored a team-high 12 points and paced her team with her sure ball-handling skills, and a stout, fundamentally sound defense led the Panthers to a 38-35 Class 3A girls basketball title over Evansville Mater Dei Saturday in Terre Haute.
County Line 74, South Side Bee Branch 57
Trey Bussey scored 17 points and seventh-seeded Georgia Southern pulled away down the stretch to upset second-seeded Chattanooga 62-55 in the Southern Conference quarterfinals on Saturday.
Glenn Robinson scored 20 points, including a tie-breaking 3-pointer with 1:10 to play, and Jordan Morgan had a double-double in his final home game to help No. 12 Michigan finish off its Big Ten championship season with an 84-80 victory over Indiana on Saturday night.
Texas Tech ended its 3-point drought when it mattered most, sinking two in the final 2 minutes on Saturday to secure its first win against Texas since 2008.
Kaydra Duckett scored 24 points with 12 rebounds as Dreher claimed its second Class 3A girls basketball state championship in the last three years with a 56-44 victory over Crestwood Saturday night at the Colonial Life Arena.
- Tee time part of Obama's Florida family vacation
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- 2 on missing Malaysia jet used stolen EU passports
- Mexico seizes 6 planes in Sinaloa cartel's base
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Frustration in Afghan women's rights struggle
- Plea for peace and Ukraine's independence in Sochi
- Sources: Miami Dolphins to go after Branden Albert, Rodger Saffold in free agency
- Archbishop McCarthy baseball routs American Heritage, makes statement
- LeBron James complaint about Miami Heats sleeved jerseys turns into a familiar circus
- Miami Hurricanes pay tribute to JoJo Nicolas
- Michelle Kaufman: MLS proves naysayers wrong as it begins its 19th season
- David J. Neal: Theres no place to hide for Trump National Dorals many victims
- Miami Marlins Henderson Alvarez picks up where he left off
- Singing praises for Florida Panthers’ Vincent Trocheck
- In return to Florida Panthers, goalie Roberto Luongo pitches shutout of Buffalo Sabres
- Crowd-finance bills filed in Florida House, Senate
- Grove Isle condo owners upset about plans for fourth tower
- Karl Lagerfeld to design Macau hotel
- Bitcoin too volatile an investment without consumer protections
- 'Tsunami' of store closings predicted for U.S. retailers
- Renovation complete at Courtyard Cadillac in Miami Beach
- Get the perfect panoramic with Motrr Galileo
- Should you consider U.S. Treasury's new floating rate notes?
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 9-15, 2014
- Caves, comfort food in Hocking Hills
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- Street medicine brings healthcare to Miami’s homeless
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93
- Former TV academy president Hank Rieger dies
- Wife of longtime Yankee Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92