Maya Moore scored a franchise-record 48 points, the second most in WNBA history, to help the Minnesota Lynx beat the Atlanta Dream 112-108 in double-overtime on Tuesday night.
Maya Moore put on one of the best scoring displays in the history of the WNBA and it was barely enough to lift Minnesota.
Jacob Turner is sticking in Miami's rotation for at least one more start.
The San Antonio Stars couldn't stop Odyssey Sims or Skylar Diggins, but it was acceptable because they knew the Tulsa Shock had no answer for Danielle Robinson in the lane.
Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has filed a new lawsuit in his attempt to retain the team and derail a potential $2 billion sale.
Sylvia Fowles knew she had to step up for her struggling team. Her teammates have said they need her, and her coach has challenged her.
Armed with his best curveball of the season, Toronto Blue Jays left-hander J.A. Happ shut down the surging Boston Red Sox.
Brewers second baseman Scooter Gennett has left the game against the Cincinnati Reds with tightness in his right quad.
The Texas high school football championship games are returning to the $1.2 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys.
The New York Rangers are avoiding salary arbitration with forward Mats Zuccarello, agreeing to terms with the restricted free agent on a one-year, $3.5 million contract.
Jack Sock beat Alejandro Gonzalez 6-2, 6-4 in the first round of the BB&T Atlanta Open on Tuesday.
The Arizona Diamondbacks placed outfielder Cody Ross on the 15-day disabled list with a left calf strain and recalled outfielder Alfredo Marte from Triple-A Reno.
The Tampa Bay Rays have placed right-handed pitcher Joel Peralta on the 15-day disabled list with an undisclosed illness.
As the Houston Texans prepare for the start of training camp on Saturday, their biggest question mark involves a player who probably won't be there when they take the field.
Oakland Athletics right fielder Josh Reddick returned from a second stint on the disabled list because of an injured right knee.
A person familiar with the trade says the Cavaliers have sent guard Carrick Felix to Utah for three players with non-guaranteed contracts, a deal to give them more assets to go after Kevin Love.
Now it starts to get intense for Michael Sam and the rest of the St. Louis Rams rookies.
Texas Rangers catcher Geovany Soto was placed on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday with a strained right groin, less than a week after he returned from right knee surgery.
Sean Payton constantly searches for an edge, even if it means fiddling with a training camp formula that has worked rather well for him over the past half-decade.
The Chicago Cubs took another step toward the future on Tuesday, designating second baseman Darwin Barney for assignment.
- Travel to Israel slows after FAA ban
- Jumbo’s, pioneer Liberty City eatery, closes its doors
- Payá family launches new effort for plebiscite in Cuba
- Coral Gables postpones decision on trolley-dispute settlement
- Dueling rulings create Obamacare uncertainty
- Exile activist arrested in alleged fraud
- Lawsuit: Inflatable sumo wrestling led to brain injury at Miami-Dade charter school
- Charlie Crist about to get millions in campaign subsidy
- Miami Hurricanes shifting to attack mode
- Garrett Jones comes up big for Miami Marlins in 10th inning win over Braves
- Soccer friendly at Marlins Park will be missing James Rodriguez and possibly Radamel Falcao
- Cuban-American goalie Al Montoya hopes to ‘show off my American dream’ with Florida Panthers
- Radamel Falcao steals show during AS Monaco workout at FIU
- Source: Miami Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton would be turned off if Steve Cishek is dealt
- Source: Miami Marlins interest remains in Oakland reliever Jim Johnson
- Media predicts Miami Hurricanes will win ACC Coastal Division
- Goodwill, feds investigate for possible data breach
- Many workers say binge-watching TV on their time off is a pleasurable way to keep the world at bay.
- Bal Harbour Shops’ first two-story designer boutique, Salvatore Ferragamo, opens on Friday
- Mansion at 12 Indian Creek sells for $28 million
- Florida Community Bank’s parent wants to raise at least $208.8 million in IPO
- Miami-Dade prices still climbing, but there’s pressure on sales of existing condos
- Broward home sales, prices rose in June
- Colombian coffee company Juan Valdez kicks off U.S. expansion with downtown Miami café
- Dive in to a big bowl of cold soup this summer
- Parmigiano-Reggiano earns its reign as king of cheeses
- Miami Flavors: Spotlight on Nicaraguan food, ingredients
- Fit tip: Eat more mangoes
- Carolyn Hax: Am I single and loving it or just scared?
- Dear Abby: Younger couples weigh in on how they handle money
- A cut above: Sharp knives are a home cook’s greatest tool
- Layered picnic coleslaw is a sight to behold
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 20
- Zany underwater music festival in Florida Keys still a hit
- Life’s not easy in the islands
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Festival sets out to put a positive spin on Overtown
- ‘Arrow,’ ‘Spartacus’ star Manu Bennett worked with WWE’s John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Correction: Obit-Thomas Berger story
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- Red Tops vocalist dies at 87
- James Garner, TV antihero of 'Maverick,' 'Rockford,' dies at 86
- Thomas Berger, 'Little Big Man' author, dead at 89