River Plate defeated Arsenal 1-0 on Sunday to move to within three points of leader Colon in Argentina's first division, while bitter rival Boca Juniors won 2-1 against Racing.
The Chicago Bears have agreed to one-year contracts with defensive tackle Nate Collins and backup quarterback Jordan Palmer.
Coach Kevin McHale said it first and then player after player echoed his sentiment: Early in the season Houston wouldn't have won the type of game they did Sunday night.
Virginia has the top seed for this week's Atlantic Coast Conference tournament, which begins Wednesday.
Devin Harris rolled through the lane, hit a layup and pumped his fist when the whistle blew for a foul.
Duke struggled to hold onto the ball. It struggled at the line, and its top scorer had a rough night.
Carson Puriefoy scored 21 points — including the clinching runner in the lane in the final seconds — as No. 2 Stony Brook escaped third-seeded Hartford 69-64 in the semifinals of the America East tournament Sunday.
First, Patrick Kane gave his family and friends something to cheer about by scoring a highlight-reel goal in a rare trip home to Buffalo on Sunday night.
Fred VanVleet scored 13 of his 22 points in the final 6 minutes and No. 2 Wichita State remained the nation's lone unbeaten after defeating Indiana State 83-69 on Sunday in the Missouri Valley Conference tournament final.
George Beamon scored 23 of his 25 points in the second half and Emmy Andujar added 21 off the bench Sunday as second-seeded Manhattan pulled away from third-seed Quinnipiac for an 87-68 win in the semifinals of the Mid-Atlantic Athletic Conference tournament.
Tim Miles is tired of hearing about the old Nebraska program that made a habit of bumbling and stumbling its way through the past two decades. His players must be tired of it, too.
Cruz Azul lost its first game of the Clausura season on Saturday, falling 3-0 to Tigres UANL in round ten of matches in Mexico's first division, but remains in first position.
Tom Izzo wasn't happy with the officials, with his team — with anything.
The Toronto Raptors have had every excuse to give in this season. They've had injuries to key players, turned the roster over significantly with an early season trade and had low expectations after a regime change portended a possible tear down and rebuild.
Texas just couldn't lay off.
Megan Rogowski and Megan Podkowa scored 17 points apiece as top-seeded DePaul beat No. 8 seed Georgetown in a Big East tournament quarterfinal matchup on Sunday.
Brett Olson made four 3-pointers on his way to 20 points as fourth-seeded Denver beat No. 5 South Dakota 71-55 on Sunday in the Summit League quarterfinals.
With a quick step to his left, Anthony Davis bolted from the man he was supposed to guard and launched himself toward the backboard in time to swat away Ty Lawson's driving layup.
Notre Dame's Jewell Loyd pulled an Atlantic Coast Conference championship cap over her head.
The Boston Celtics overcame Detroit's dominance inside by passing the ball precisely and protecting it better than they had all season.
- Syrian rebels release nuns held since December
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Baltimore Ravens player arrested in Key West bar fight
- Barricaded man shot in standoff with police in Northeast Miami-Dade
- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties
- Aftershock from January earthquake rattles parts of Cuba, Florida Keys Sunday
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Henry Rodriguez, Carter Capps among candidates for open Miami Marlins bullpen spots
- LeBron James drops the ball in Miami Heats loss to Chicago Bulls
- Greg Cote: Patrick Reed has the right look and game to match it
- Florida Panthers sunk by Boston Bruins for eighth game in a row
- Report: Lineman Branden Albert plans to sign deal with Miami Dolphins
- Patrick Reed stays steady and strong in victory at WGC-Cadillac Championship
- Miami Hurricanes final home game is special
- Jason Dufner suffers Sunday stumble in WCG-Cadillac Championship
- South Florida-based company Regal Springs Tilapia is the king of fresh tilapia
- Capitol Clothing Corp. is boosting sales of its infants’ and boys’ apparel
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- DonorCommunity expands, now serves more than 140 nonprofits
- Miami company takes golfers into danger zones
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Pipeline Fellowship angel investing bootcamp coming to South Florida
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 9-15, 2014
- Caves, comfort food in Hocking Hills
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies
- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93