I dig Victor Ortiz. OK. I said it.
Spotlight | on Boxing
Never mind that he has lost two of his past four fights. Mexicos Alfredo Angulo has the promotional clout to land the first pay-per-view headliner of his career.
Mikey Garcia remained unbeaten and kept his WBO super featherweight title with a 12-round unanimous decision over Juan Carlos Burgos Saturday night at the Madison Square Garden Theater.
Lamont Peterson thrilled the home crowd by keeping his IBF light welterweight title with a 12-round unanimous decision over Dierry Jean at the DC Armory Saturday night.
Marco Huck scored a sixth-round TKO over challenger Firat Arslan on Saturday to retain his WBO cruiserweight title.
Maybe Lamont Peterson really believes it.
After seven years of preliminary bouts and club show headliners, Joey Hernandez is finally within proximity of a world title opportunity.
Cuban Hairon El Maja Socarras knocked out Jamal Parram for a win that ended in controversy.
Despite his advanced age, Floyd Mayweather Jr., showed the boxing world Saturday why he is still the best fighter in the ring today.
Miami City Ballets Edward Villella takes a journey back to the boxing days of his youth
- Former Hialeah mayor’s Ferrari deal grabs spotlight at tax-evasion trial
- Group says jailed Cuban journalist should be freed
- In Biscayne National Park, Eliott Key, damaged by Hurricane Sandy, reopens with improvements
- Miami-Dade among counties in Florida budget dispute over juvenile incarceration
- Strip club ‘armed guard’ recovering after head-bashing with concrete stand
- Federal judge waits for FBI in Sarasota Saudis case
- Court: Fla. discrimination law covers pregnancy
- Salmonella decline seen in food poisoning report
- Palmetto repeats GMAC crown
- Jose Fernandez, Miami Marlins unravel late in loss to Washington Nationals
- David J. Neal: NCAA ruling on meals is really food for thought
- Booker T. Washington High School boys sprint to victories in the Region 4-2A meet
- Anti-bullying bill supported by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross likely to fail
- Miami Marlins’ Tom Koehler doing his part amid the losing
- Patience, preparation pay off for Miami Heat’s Udonis Haslem, Rashard Lewis
- Exotic, endangered animals thrive at Wild Oak preserve
- South Florida lawmakers ramp up push for needle-exchange bill
- Miami will be World Cup crossroads
- Riviera Focacceria Italiana now open in the Shops of Midtown Miami
- Miami Beach may spend $26 million on land for transit hub
- Unexpected revenues help Jackson Health System
- Microsoft will celebrate new retail store at Aventura Mall with free performance by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas to call China home
- Wells Fargo names new regional president for South Florida
- Miami chefs put a twist on Easter classics
- Cook’s Corner: Behold the new colors of Easter eggs
- Edgy Veggie: Eggless Egg Salad
- Fit tip: Get enough water
- Watch for sleep drug risks
- If stress has you on edge, these foods will settle you
- How to correct five common beauty mistakes
- Fast, cheap test can save the lives of many babies
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
- Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Harry Russell, 93, Miami-Dade’s champion for the disabled, has died
- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Works by Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Nobel laureate Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies
- Salsa great Cheo Feliciano dies in car crash at 78