Peter Quillin has vacated his WBO middleweight title, turning down a career-high payday to fight mandatory challenger Matt Korobov.
Welterweight world champion boxer Kell Brook was stabbed in the leg while on vacation in Tenerife and was in hospital, Spanish police said on Thursday.
Bob Arum is something else.
In the end, Marco Huck will retain his WBO cruiserweight crown, although there was some controversy as to how his bout against Mirko Larghetti ended.
A partially torn left biceps muscle typically won't get a guy pondering the future.
Yes, I do loves me some cookies.
Kell Brook earned a majority decision in taking the IBF welterweight title from Shawn Porter on Saturday night at StubHub Center.
Yoan Pablo Hernandez successfully defended his IBF cruiserweight title with a 12-round split decision win over Firat Arslan on Saturday.
Francisco Rodriguez won a 12-round unanimous decision over Katsunari Takayama on Saturday to retain his WBO minimum weight belt and win the IBF belt.
Danny Garcia remained unbeaten with a second-round knockout Saturday night in the main event at Barclays Center and fellow light welterweight Lamont Peterson also won his bout with a technical knockout.
Jessie Vargas won a unanimous decision over Anton Novikov to retain his WBA World Light Welterweight title on Saturday.
Sergey Kovalev retained his WBO light heavyweight title after defeating Blake Caparello by technical knockout in the second round on Saturday night.
New York, NY (Sports Network) - It didn't take long for Gennady Golovkin to retain his WBA middleweight title on Saturday at Madison Square Garden, as his fight with Daniel Geale was stopped late in the third round.
If you're waiting for Daniel Geale to join the masses genuflecting at the rampaging feet of IBO/WBA middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin these days, here's a time-saving tip.
Two point deductions were not sufficient to derail Rances Barthelemy’s second bid at a junior-lightweight title.
Argenis Mendez, Rances Barthelemy title fight at AmericanAirlines Arena gives South Florida boxing fans a rare treat
Local title fights have been virtually non-existent over the past five years. Not since Hard Rock Live Arena reduced its boxing presence earlier in the decade have South Florida fight fans been treated to frequent world championship events.
That, ladies and gentlemen, was what a fight of the year looks like.
The long gaps between fights and a talented opponent finally caught up with Yuriorkis Gamboa.
Darleys Perez earned a twelve round unanimous decision over Argenis Lopez for the WBA world lightweight title on Saturday night.
- FARC rebel ambush kills 7 police in Colombia
- Coral Gables chooses Jim Beard as new city manager
- Feds allege $300-million Ponzi scheme at Cay Clubs Resorts
- Man who killed student sentenced to death
- Joe Garcia says Carlos Curbelo supports raising flood insurance rates
- Obama's Ebola response: Is it enough and in time?
- 700 feared dead in 2 Mediterranean boat wrecks
- Miami Marlins rally twice to topple New York Mets
- FIU Panthers linebackers fulfilling early promise
- Florida Gators QB Jeff Driskel hopes for better result against Alabama
- Nathan Eovaldi’s struggles continue in Miami Marlins’ loss to Mets
- Rafa Martinez leads Columbus boys’ golf team to Youth Fair win
- Miami Dolphins still committed to running the football
- Florida Gators’ Hargreaves braces for matchup with Alabama’s Cooper
- Miami Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton shares graphic photo of face after getting hit by pitch
- FSU ready for Clemson’s QB duo
- American Airlines agents approve union
- Capt. Citrus, face of Florida OJ, gets a makeover
- TSA PreCheck applications now accepted at Miami International Airport
- Spirit Airlines shows off sunny new paint job
- ArtHackathon coming to Miami this weekend
- Knight announces $15 million Cities Challenge
- MDC taking applications for 10,000 Small Businesses program
- South Florida medical simulation company quietly becomes a force in industry
- Jewish Museum of Florida’s recipe contest celebrates foods of the High Holy Days
- Make a Carrabba’s fan-favorite chicken dish at home
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- Study: Sunscreen may harm the sea life
- FDA warns about not using Expression as a filler
- Chew on this: Thank bees for sweet, golden, healthful honey
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82
- Miami artist, clothes designer Joyce Lux dies at 94