Jessie Vargas claimed the WBA 140-pound title with a narrow unanimous decision over Khabib Allakhverdiev on Saturday night on the undercard of Manny Pacqcuiao's rematch with Timothy Bradley.
Timothy Bradley never imagined he would have to avenge a victory.
Manny Pacquiao's latest pastor wants him up at 5 a.m. every day for prayers. The eight-division champion sometimes has 100 people and a yappy dog named Pacman in his home after training sessions, playing darts and carousing into the night.
The comeback performance and triumph against Brandon Rios last November enabled Manny Pacquiao to again experience the customary arm raised in victory.
Akira Yaegashi retained his WBC flyweight title Sunday with a ninth-round knockout of Odilon Zaleta, while Adrian Hernandez lost his WBC light flyweight crown after suffering a sixth-round TKO against Naoya Inoue.
Juergen Braehmer recorded a sixth-round TKO over Enzo Maccarinelli to retain his WBA light heavyweight belt on Saturday.
Spotlight on | Boxing
As a result of his convincing victory over Adrien Broner on Dec. 14, Maidana will have his opportunity against Mayweather the sports top pay-per-view attraction on May 3 in Las Vegas.
Sergey Kovalev retained his WBO light heavyweight title with a seventh-round knockout of previously unbeaten Cedric Agnew on Saturday night.
Although he has fought in Europe the past six years and and further distanced himself from American boxing fans attention, Wladimir Klitschko is gradually achieving milestones.
“Sport has the power to change the world.”
The marriage between boxing and casinos has a new couple.
Danny Garcia retained his WBA and WBC junior welterweight titles with a 12-round decision over Mauricio Herrera.
Saul Alvarez did something in Las Vegas that's guaranteed to make a fighter look good.
Alfredo Angulo indeed proved to be the ideal opponent in Saul Canelo Alvarezs first bout of a new career path.
Leo Santa Cruz took a unanimous decision against Cristian Mijares to retain his WBC Super Bantamweight Title on Saturday.
One of boxing's highest-profile heels is back.
Most fighters, notably those who became world champions, will eventually deal with the phase that follows their first professional defeat.
CLAY-LISTON | 50TH ANNIVERSARY
On 50th anniversary of Cassius Clay and Sonny Liston heavyweight fight on Miami Beach, panel sheds light on historic bout
The event that changed Muhammad Alis life and eventually morphed him into iconic status was remembered Tuesday night at HistoryMiami museum 50 years to the night when Ali, then Cassius Clay, dethroned Sonny Liston for the heavyweight title at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
To commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Cassius Clay-Sonny Liston fight, HistoryMiami has assembled photos and memorabilia that showcases the iconic South Florida event.
Ferdie Pacheco, The Fight Doctor, famously once said, Cassius Clay was born in Louisville. Muhammad Ali was born in Miami.
- MIA director rounds out executive team
- Traffic is main concern for Miami Beach residents worried about soccer stadium
- Pineda ejected for pine tar use
- Myles Malman, who led prosecution of Manuel Noriega, dies at 67
- Statewide crime is down, while murders, rape, robberies are up in Miami-Dade, report shows
- Legislation to make killing fetuses a crime in Florida awaits Gov. Rick Scott’s signature
- Everglades restoration postponed by U.S. Army Corps
- Lawyer: Alan Gross wants out of Cuba dead or alive
- Cypress Bay boys, Westminster girls advance to FHSAA Water Polo second round
- Miami Dolphins WR Mike Wallace excited about new offensive system
- Veteran Miami Heat players ready for grind of NBA playoffs
- Miami Hurricanes’ Al Golden says QB battle far from a done deal
- In a pinch, you can hunt stone crabs yourself
- Former UM hoops star Erik Swoope learning tight end with help of ‘Madden 25’
- Live updates: Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats, Game 2
- Miami Heat survives late Bobcats surge, beats Charlotte for 2-0 series lead
- Florida’s Do Not Call list has grown since fee was eliminated
- Net Element closes on $11.2 million in financing
- Soneet Kapila and Barry Mukamal combine to form new consulting firm
- TiramesU to close on Miami Beach’s Lincoln Road, reopen on Washington Avenue
- Miami-based Rubell Hotels adds Baltimore property
- In our hectic, time-crunched society, religion has become less of a priority
- Coding schools putting down roots in Miami
- South Florida home, condo prices rose in March, despite growing inventory
- Florida House votes to regulate e-cigarette sales
- Pets column: Dog feels pain; she just shows it in a different way
- Britto ‘parking’ meters benefit homeless but cause confusion
- Dinner in minutes: Easy gyro sandwiches with tzatziki
- Francine Prose reconstructs a Nazi collaborator and Paris in this dazzling historical novel.
- A boy spies on his mom in Mona Simpson’s fresh new novel
- To sleep well, adjust what you eat — and when
- Going green with the smoothie
- Celebrity birthdays on April 23
- Amazon snares classic shows in deal with HBO
- Indian film awards arrive in Tampa, Fla., but why?
- Myles Chefetz, Michael Schwartz dominate Miamis fine-dining scene
- PAMM’s ‘Caribbean: Crossroads of the World’ exhibit is tumultuous, thought-provoking
- Jack White records songs, releases vinyl in hours
- Billboard Latin Music Conference celebrates 25th anniversary next week in Miami
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Camilla’s brother dies in US after head injury
- Camilla's brother dies in US after head injury
- Former AP reporter Robert Heard dies at age 84
- Oscar-nominated director of sled dog film dies
- Oldest living ex-MLB player dies in Cuba at 102
- Former AP photographer Harry Koundakjian dies
- Francis Moore, father of Michael Moore, dies at 92
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, boxer wrongly imprisoned 19 years, dies at 76