Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins hurt his right knee while colliding with a teammate during a USA Basketball National Team practice.
Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas has undergone arthroscopic surgery on his left wrist.
Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas underwent successful arthoscopic surgery on his left wrist on Thursday and is expected to be ready for training camp.
They were at the NBA rookie symposium recently, ready to pose for a photo shoot, when it just happened. An impromptu slam-dunk contest.
Jason Collins is probably done with professional basketball. And he should be.
LOS ANGELES-When Steve Ballmer's attorney walked into Room 236 in Los Angeles Superior Court at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, the clerk handed him a three-page order bearing a judge's signature.
Donald Sterling's latest effort to stop the Clippers from being sold has quickly been denied by an appeals court.
LOS ANGELES-Donald Sterling has apparently given up his attempt to stop the $2-billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer on Wednesday after an appeals court rejected his latest petition.
The Bulls won't have to wait long to try to show Carmelo Anthony what he missed joining.
Donald Sterling's latest effort to block the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer was rejected Wednesday by a California appeals court.
The Detroit Pistons will host LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers on Jan. 27 and Feb. 24.
An appeals court has rejected Donald Sterling's petition to halt the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer.
New York, NY (Sports Network) - The NBA unveiled its full regular-season schedule on Wednesday night.
The Oklahoma City Thunder's 2014-15 regular season schedule has been announced.
LeBron James will play his first game since rejoining the Cleveland Cavaliers at home Oct. 30 against New York, then return to Miami for the first time on Christmas.
Former NBA No. 1 draft pick Greg Oden is free to leave Indiana while he awaits trial on charges he punched his ex-girlfriend in the face as long as he remains on GPS monitoring, a judge ruled Wednesday.
Warriors guard Stephen Curry indicated Tuesday in an interview on The Dan Patrick Show that he believes he is the better offensive player compared to Cleveland's LeBron James.
LOS ANGELES-It was only fitting that Steve Ballmer officially became the new owner of the Clippers on Tuesday morning while in Montana preparing to go white-water rafting.
LOS ANGELES-The NBA announced that Steve Ballmer's $2-billion purchase of the Los Angeles Clippers had closed on Tuesday, making the former Microsoft CEO the undisputed owner of the team.
NBA player Greg Oden, arrested last week in Indianapolis on suspicion of beating up his former girlfriend, punched her in the face three times and broke her nose, according to court documents obtained by the Indianapolis Star.
- Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for L.A., ‘Insider’
- Judge dismisses suit against Miami-Dade primate-research protesters
- Black voters become focus in redistricting fight as both side claim to offer better protections
- Upgrades planned next year for Miami-Dade libraries
- Miami-Dade hires new housing director
- Guantánamo-bound MRI spent year in storage
- Partisan clash dominates hearing over new map
- North Korea insults John Kerry over his looks
- Undrafted rookies including LB Chris McCain, DT Anthony Johnson angling for spot on Miami Dolphins roster
- Improved Champagnat could repeat as state champs
- David J. Neal: The bottom line is the Marlins are building a contender as long as Stanton is re-signed
- Battle for Florida Gators’ backup QB spot going down to wire
- Giancarlo Stanton’s walk-off single leads Miami Marlins to victory over Rangers
- RB Burns looks for breakout season for Gulliver
- Gators OC Kurt Roper says infamous Gator-on-Gator block ‘a product of season’
- Miami Dolphins’ kicking job up for grabs
- 122 South Florida companies make Inc. 5000 list
- The Fresh Diet sold to Innovative Food Holdings
- Miami-based Movéo car service expands to Colombia
- Silver Airways adds Fort Lauderdale-Jacksonville flights
- Saks Fifth Avenue will anchor Brickell City Centre
- Taxi alternatives could improve service
- Back-to-school worries can stress working parents as well as kids
- $342 million sale of six properties on Miami Beach’s Lincoln Road closes
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Pinto beans in cake? Sounds crazy, tastes delicious
- Injectibles may make you look younger - but make sure you go to an experienced practioner
- Study: Fruits and veggies can boost one’s mood, creativity
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: Heaping helpings of restaurant sarcasm do nothing for my appetite
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss
- Report: Famed Iranian poet Behbahani dies at 87
- Ex-Romanian politician, oil tycoon dies at 64
- Longtime 'SNL' announcer Don Pardo dies at 96
- Don Pardo, iconic TV announcer, dies at 96
- Rep. who helped deregulate savings and loans dies
- Former Vermont US Sen. Jeffords dies at 80
- Sophie Masloff, 1st female Pittsburgh mayor, dies