The Golden State Warriors signed free agent guard Leandro Barbosa on Wednesday.
Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins is reportedly interested in buying the Atlanta Hawks amid the racially-charged controversy that has engulfed the franchise he once starred for throughout the 1980s and early '90s.
Mike Krzyzewski isn't the only one excited that Derrick Rose returned to form in Team USA's World Cup quarterfinal victory.
Warriors executive board member Jerry West has agreed to a two-year extension with the team through the 2016-2017 season, an NBA source confirmed to the Mercury News on Wednesday.
The Atlanta Hawks cancelled a scheduled meeting between their CEO and city civil rights leaders Wednesday, prompting one of the group's leaders to say his community was greatly offended.
Milos Teodosic scored 23 points to lead Serbia over Brazil, 84-56, Wednesday in quarterfinal action at the FIBA World Cup.
Chauncey Billups has apparently decided to call it a career.
Individual tickets for all regular season New Orleans Pelicans home games go on sale to the general public on Wednesday at 8 a.m.
Chauncey Billups tells Yahoo Sports he is retiring after 17 NBA seasons.
Yahoo Sports writer Marc J. Spears reports that Chauncey Billups, the former Detroit Pistons All-Star nicknamed Mr. Big Shot, has decided to retire after 17 seasons.
Detroit Pistons forward Greg Monroe was suspended without pay by the NBA Tuesday for the first two games of the upcoming regular season.
Detroit Pistons forward Greg Monroe has been suspended for two games without pay by the NBA for pleading guilty in Michigan to driving while visibly impaired.
The Cavaliers announced the signing of Shawn Marion on Tuesday after he agreed to join the team last month. Terms of the deal were not released, but it's believed to be a one-year deal for the league minimum.
Despite Derrick Rose's shooting woes, Team USA kept waiting for a breakout game from the Chicago Bulls point guard.
Hawks general manager Danny Ferry has no immediate plans to resign following racist comments he claims to have read during a conference call regarding potential free agent Luol Deng in June.
The New York Knicks have signed guard Langston Galloway of St. Joseph's and forward Travis Wear of UCLA.
Shawn Marion knows what it takes to win an NBA championship. The Cavs hope his experience will help them get one.
The Cleveland Cavaliers said Tuesday they have signed free-agent forward Shawn Marion.
Detroit Pistons center Greg Monroe has been suspended for two games without pay for pleading guilty to driving while visibly impaired in Michigan.
- Joe Garcia says Carlos Curbelo supports raising flood insurance rates
- US to assign 3,000 from US military to fight Ebola
- Fitness event damages FIU basketball court
- Florida leads nation in unverified ACA applicants
- 700 feared dead in 2 Mediterranean boat wrecks
- Miami Marlins rally twice to topple New York Mets
- Firm drops suit against family of paralyzed Broward County man
- State suspends some standardized tests for kindergartners
- QB Kevin Olsen 'no longer a student' at UM following arrest
- Miami Dolphins coordinator Bill Lazor on offensive woes: ‘The blame rests 100 percent on me’
- At last, Lourdes Bobcats have comforts of home with new gym
- Fashion show part of eventful days for Miami Marlins’ J.T. Realmuto
- Miami Hurricanes’ Ryan Williams nearing return to play
- Jordan Cronkrite reverses, won’t go to UM
- Miami Hurricanes QB Kevin Olsen arrested, suspended indefinitely
- Andre C. Fernandez: Miramar will test Aquinas
- MDC taking applications for 10,000 Small Businesses program
- South Florida medical simulation company quietly becomes a force in industry
- Startup Spotlight: KK Swimwear
- Envelopes in Marriott hotels invite tips for maids
- Florida still cruise capital
- Anheuser-Busch prepares for acquisition offer
- Venezuela’s newest shortage: breast implants
- From Hallandale Beach, Western Union’s Almeida oversees 2,500 employees in 98 countries
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- Study: Sunscreen may harm the sea life
- FDA warns about not using Expression as a filler
- Chew on this: Thank bees for sweet, golden, healthful honey
- Indoor stand-up paddleboard class in Coconut Grove is a first
- #ThrowbackThursday, #FlashbackFriday: Nostalgia that keeps us grounded
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82
- Miami artist, clothes designer Joyce Lux dies at 94