LOS ANGELES-Byron Scott's first news conference as Lakers coach was so much like a class reunion it was natural for the guests of honor to call each other by their old nicknames.
LOS ANGELES-A day after a wide-ranging defeat in court that cleared a path for the Los Angeles Clippers to be sold for $2 billion, Donald Sterling hasn't given up.
LOS ANGELES-The touch of irony was there for all to see.
The welcome-to-the-NBA moments keep coming for Doug McDermott, whether in the form of guarding Klay Thompson off a screen or unfounded trade rumors.
You can't play only 10 NBA games in 27 months without experiencing some setbacks in a comeback.
LOS ANGELES-The touch of irony was there for all to see.
LeBron James' Ohio hometown says more tickets are being offered for the homecoming event expected to be his first public appearance in the state since announcing his return to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
The Dallas Mavericks announced on Tuesday they have signed free-agent forwards Al-Farouq Aminu and Ivan Johnson to undisclosed contracts.
The Dallas Mavericks have signed forward Ivan Johnson after he started all five games for their summer league team.
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks made it official Tuesday morning when they signed forward Al-Farouq Aminu to a two-year contract worth $2.1 million.
Byron Scott was a key component of the Los Angeles Lakers' Showtime teams, a smooth shooting guard with sizzling competitive fire. He believes his purple-and-gold championship pedigree makes him the ideal coach to return the struggling 16-time champions to NBA contention.
Phoenix forward P.J. Tucker was charged with 'extreme drunken driving' two months before he signed a three-year, $16.5 million contract — $12.7 million guaranteed — with the Suns.
Police say they have arrested a man wanted in the slaying of the aunt of Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes.
Former Kentucky guard James Young says he is "good to go" after a concussion that kept the Boston Celtics' first-round draft pick from playing in the NBA's summer league.
Grizzlies controlling owner Robert Pera has removed the interim tag and named Chris Wallace as Memphis' general manager, signing him to a multi-year contract keeping him with the franchise.
Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin reportedly has a back injury that forced him to withdraw from the U.S. basketball team for this summer's FIBA World Cup.
Michele Roberts has watched basketball for as long as she can remember. It was an easy choice growing up in a home with one TV and two older brothers.
The Memphis Grizzlies signed general manager Chris Wallace to a contract extension on Tuesday.
The Dallas Mavericks have signed free agent forward Al-Farouq Aminu to an undisclosed contract.
He had previously suffered 1,529 losses as the incompetent owner of the most poorly run franchise in NBA history.
- Regulators hear more complaints about medical pot rules
- Feds to monitor Fla. election law changes
- Federal court case shows ex-Miami Rep. David Rivera is ‘co-conspirator’
- Ethnic politics, ethics issues spill over into some judicial races in Miami-Dade
- LGBT-rights group Equality Florida raises profile, builds clout
- US job growth eases but tops 200K for a 6th month
- Obama lavishes praise on Housing Secretary
- Israel pounds Gaza as it searches for soldier
- Miami Hurricanes QB position in flux again as Kevin Olsen faces at least one-game suspension
- Miami Heats Dwyane Wade ready for challenge following LeBron James departure
- Jarred Cosart loses to Cincinnati Reds in debut with Miami Marlins
- Miami Hurricanes forced to alter coaching staff after longtime assistant Micheal Barrow leaves
- NFL to crack down on obscene language and gestures
- Miami Marlins pitcher Henderson Alvarez goes on disabled list with shoulder inflammation
- Miami Dolphins Don Jones humbled, changed since anti-gay tweets
- David J. Neal: NFL fumbled on Ray Rice punishment, then tried to justify it
- Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services acquires Highland Capital Brokerage
- IRS commissioner visits Miami to spotlight viral ID theft, tax fraud
- Stonegate Bank reports lower second quarter earnings
- Florida’s largest health insurer, Florida Blue, is raising exchange rates an average of 17.6 percent
- Florida mental and behavioral healthcare providers get funding boost from Affordable Care Act
- U.S. Century Bank reports a loss for the second quarter, continues to plan for a recapitalization
- MTN Communications announces contracts with three cruise lines
- Miami International Airport sees slight uptick in passengers
- Key west: better in summer, after tourists go home
- Florida: Orange County History Center celebrates 75th anniversary of ‘Gone With the Wind’
- I’m contagious — can I get a refund for my flight?
- Historic hotels
- Finding serenity on St. George Island
- Royal Caribbean hopes to lure new passengers with Quantum of the Seas’ flexible dining
- ‘The Sergeant’ finds a bold alter ego in Nick Harkaway’s ‘Tigerman’
- Dive into Greek culture on the Florida coast? Opa!
- WWE’s Bautista, Glenn Close, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Chris Pratt in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
- Comic-Con 2014: Hollywood stirs fan fervor
- A branch of O Cinema may be coming to North Beach
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 27
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- The Herald recommends: For Broward County Commission
- The Herald recommends for Miami-Dade, Broward commissions
- The Herald recommends: For Miami-Dade County Commission
- Right issue, wrong response on children at the border
- The Herald recommends for School Board and property appraiser
- The Herald recommends
- Israel’s challenge
- Worth a thousand words
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Correction: Obit-James Garner story
- Manny Roth, founder of Café Wha?, dead at 94
- Guitarist, songwriter for Alice Cooper dies at 71
- Hotelier Saul Tamen, who brought kitchens to South Beach hotels, dies at 105
- Correction: Obit-Robert Drew story
- 'Godfather of Makeup' Dick Smith dead at 92
- Veteran TV impresario Robert Halmi Sr. dies at 90
- Cinema verite documentarian Robert Drew dies at 90