Nicolas Batum had 14 points and a career-high 18 rebounds and the Portland Trail Blazers routed Atlanta 102-78, a loss that marked the end of Hawks guard Kyle Korver's NBA-record streak of 127 games with a 3-pointer.
Ty Lawson netted 17 of his 20 points in the first quarter and six Nuggets reached double figures in Denver's 115-110 win over the Dallas Mavericks from Pepsi Center.
It's a stunning reversal of fortune if you pause and ponder.
Even though the losses have piled up this season for the Denver Nuggets, they still have the Dallas Mavericks' number.
So far, so good on the latest road trip for the Sacramento Kings.
D.J. Augustin had 26 points and six assists off the bench and Joakim Noah added a triple-double as the Chicago Bulls defeated the Detroit Pistons, 105-94, on Wednesday night.
Carmelo Anthony scored 33 points and the New York Knicks snapped their seven-game losing streak with a 118-106 win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday.
Caught some of the Sixers game the other night. Not too much of course, because extended views can make winter seem longer, deepen depression, even leave your eyes overly sensitive to light.
In a season full of turmoil for the New York Knicks, Raymond Felton has dealt with more of it than any other player on the team.
Joe Johnson scored 21 points and led a torrid shooting display from the perimeter for the Brooklyn Nets, who continued their strong second half of the season with a 103-94 triumph over the Memphis Grizzlies.
David Lee scored 18 points with 10 rebounds as the Golden State Warriors routed the Boston Celtics, 108-88, at TD Garden on Wednesday night.
On preseason paper, this looked like a campaign in which Tony Snell's learning would come in practices and film sessions.
There are big games and then there are games so crucial they decide when a team's season will end. The Cavs are facing two such games this weekend when they play at the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday and then host the New York Knicks on Saturday.
Jason Kidd has a winning record for the first time in his coaching career.
The Chicago Bulls didn't get a great night from their starters Wednesday. Their backups made sure they didn't need one.
Golden State didn't need another winning, last-second basket this time.
With two minutes left Charlotte Bobcats center Al Jefferson left the court to a standing ovation. He earned it and then some.
Dwight Howard had another successful trip back to Orlando, scoring 19 points with 13 rebounds Wednesday night to help the Houston Rockets beat the Magic 101-89.
Dwight Howard received the worst reception of his career last season when he made his initial return to the city that was his NBA home for eight seasons.
Al Jefferson had a pretty good inkling it was Charlotte's night when he banked in a 31-footer from well beyond the top of the key to beat the shot clock midway through the fourth quarter.
- FBI probing alleged removal of documents from CIA by Senate staffers
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Rubio wants U.S. attention on Venezuela crisis
- Obamas to visit Miami-Dade's Coral Reef High School on Friday
- Police: Man urinated on people near UF campus
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- At CPAC, Sen. Marco Rubio presses for assertive U.S. foreign policy
- ALF industry hires top state regulator
- Miami Hurricanes stop for spring break as Al Golden appears pleased
- Jason Dufner, four others tied at weather-affected Doral
- Miami Marlins coach Brett Butler offers expertise in running the bases
- Miami Heat falls flat against San Antonio Spurs
- Florida Panthers Luongo settles into familiar spot
- Miami Heats LeBron James plans to attend ceremony for Zydrunas Ilgauskas
- Bacardi Miami Sailing Week: Brazilians maintain lead after rough day on Biscayne Bay
- Greg Cote: Tiger Woods fizzles amid Round 1 deluge in Doral
- BritWeek Miami celebrates UK’s economic links to Florida
- Stock and housing gains put U.S. net worth at record
- Staples to close 225 stores as sales move online
- Developer can go ahead with scaled-back plans for luxury home in North Miami Beach
- Miami area negative equity fell to 29.8 percent in fourth quarter
- AT&T looks to hire 450 in Florida
- Miami’s $11.5 million movie/TV studio gets green light
- Merchants in Florida, Texas and California suie over swipe-fee surcharge bans
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- A golden brooch inspires a Vietnamese-American in search of Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Shark lovers try to save Jaws from Trinidad’s bite
- When a parent’s bookkeeper is secretive
- ‘Best ever’ strawberry cake starts with a mix
- Chickpeas a nutritious, delicious pantry staple
- A ‘terroirist’ guide to California chardonnay
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- Looking back at life from a distance
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘12 Years a Slave,’ Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey take top honors at Academy Awards
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Agent: Game show host Geoff Edwards dies at 83
- 'How We Die' author Nuland dies in Conn. at age 83
- Justin Kaplan, Bartlett's editor, dead at 88
- Pioneering Pittsburgh-area DJ Porky Chedwick dies
- French filmmaker Resnais dies at 91
- MiG jets designer Rostislav Belyakov dies aged 94