The Sacramento Kings made history on Friday, signing massive center Sim Bhullar to a contract.
Sim Bhullar became the first player of Indian descent to sign a contract with an NBA team Friday, inking a deal to join the Sacramento Kings in training camp.
Police say seven teenagers wanted to see how a professional basketball player lives, so they walked through an unlocked door at the home of former Miami Heat player Ray Allen.
CHICAGO - DeMarcus Cousins left USA Basketball's Thursday practice in Chicago early after banging his right knee while pursuing a loose ball with Chicagoan Anthony Davis.
USA Basketball has landed in Derrick Rose's hometown, and the Chicago Bulls' star is only thinking positive thoughts.
Sacramento Kings center DeMarcus Cousins hurt his right knee while colliding with a teammate during a USA Basketball National Team practice.
Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas has undergone arthroscopic surgery on his left wrist.
Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas underwent successful arthoscopic surgery on his left wrist on Thursday and is expected to be ready for training camp.
They were at the NBA rookie symposium recently, ready to pose for a photo shoot, when it just happened. An impromptu slam-dunk contest.
Jason Collins is probably done with professional basketball. And he should be.
LOS ANGELES-When Steve Ballmer's attorney walked into Room 236 in Los Angeles Superior Court at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, the clerk handed him a three-page order bearing a judge's signature.
Donald Sterling's latest effort to stop the Clippers from being sold has quickly been denied by an appeals court.
LOS ANGELES-Donald Sterling has apparently given up his attempt to stop the $2-billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer on Wednesday after an appeals court rejected his latest petition.
The Bulls won't have to wait long to try to show Carmelo Anthony what he missed joining.
Donald Sterling's latest effort to block the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer was rejected Wednesday by a California appeals court.
The Detroit Pistons will host LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers on Jan. 27 and Feb. 24.
An appeals court has rejected Donald Sterling's petition to halt the $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers to Steve Ballmer.
New York, NY (Sports Network) - The NBA unveiled its full regular-season schedule on Wednesday night.
The Oklahoma City Thunder's 2014-15 regular season schedule has been announced.
LeBron James will play his first game since rejoining the Cleveland Cavaliers at home Oct. 30 against New York, then return to Miami for the first time on Christmas.
- Suspended Miami Lakes Mayor Michael Pizzi sues governor to get his job back
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Barcelona soccer academy coming to Fort Lauderdale
- Duo’s car theft at Biscayne Boulevard Kmart is thwarted after gunman shows up, Miami-Dade police say
- Fade to black: Leonard Maltin ending movie guides
- St. Louis police release video of shooting
- Israel kills 3 Hamas military commanders in Gaza
- 122 South Florida companies make Inc. 5000 list
- Greg Cote: It’s time to welcome Pete Rose back to baseball
- Miami Central Rockets ready for Hoover in opener
- Miami Marlins have flair for the dramatic with one-run games
- Improvement in consistency for Miami Dolphins’ Will Davis
- Miami Hurricanes enjoy surplus of talented cornerbacks
- St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders start fast in prep for opener
- In-shape Calvin Heurtelou adjusts to Miami Hurricanes’ 3-4 defense
- Florida State Seminoles focused on opener against Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Jungle Island to host Halloween experience
- For Brazil, World Cup success fuels hope for more tourists at Rio Olympics
- Winn-Dixie parent Bi-Lo withdraws plans to take company public
- US judge readies response to Argentina’s threats
- Brazil expands labor rights for domestic workers
- Miami Beach may ban commercial hand-billing in busy areas
- TigerDirect to hold redesign celebration in Aventura
- Perry Ellis’ second quarter net loss narrows
- Crisp and affordable, Spanish white wines won’t dent your wallet
- SeaWorld drops appeal of OSHA violation
- Sleep disorders may be behind a child’s lack of concentration
- Global cruise lines set sail for China
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- The Herald recommends: City of Miami ballot questions
- The Herald recommends: Doral charter amendments
- The Herald recommends: Yes on all Miami Beach charter questions
- Back to school
- The Herald recommends, for Governor, Democratic primary
- The CIA’s shameful secrets
- Death penalty woes
- Voters beware of boleteras
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former AP photo editor Toby Massey dies
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss