Kyle Korver had 26 points and the Atlanta Hawks defeated the Utah Jazz, 112-110, on Monday night.
Monday's game between the Dallas Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets has been postponed after Stars' forward Rich Peverley suffered a medical emergency while on the bench early in the first period. Peverley, who had a procedure performed during the preseason to correct an irregular heartbeart, collapsed shortly after completing a shift as players from both teams frantically called for medical personnel to assist the nine- year veteran. The incident occurred with 13:37 remaining in the first period and the Blue Jackets holding a 1-0 lead. Peverley was transported to a local hospital after being attended to for several minutes, and the Stars later issued a statement saying that he is conscious and his current condition is not life-threatening. The 31-year-old was held out of the Stars' game at Columbus last Tuesday following a recurrence of his condition, but returned two days later and recorded two assists in Dallas' 6-1 win over Vancouver. Peverley regained consciousness before he left American Airlines Center, with both Salazar and Stars head coach Lindy Ruff remarking that he was asking to get back in the game. A makeup date for Monday's contest has yet to be determined.
Tim Hardaway Jr. scored 28 points as the New York Knicks defeated Philadelphia 123-110 on Monday night, sending the 76ers to their 17th straight loss.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The gesture was cute but the result not so much: Late in the fourth quarter some fans started chanting "MVP!" as Charlotte Bobcats center Al Jefferson stepped to the foul line.
Another night, another loss.
Carmelo Anthony had plenty of help against the struggling Philadelphia 76ers.
Plagued by foul trouble in the first three quarters, Paul Pierce came up big down the stretch for the Brooklyn Nets.
For about a three-minute stretch of the second half, Milwaukee's Brandon Knight just could not be stopped.
Brandon Knight scored 24 points and handed out six assists to lead the Milwaukee Bucks to a 105-98 win over the Orlando Magic.
Tim Hardaway Jr. scored 28 points off the bench to lead the New York Knicks to a 123-110 win over the slumping Philadelphia 76ers.
Deron Williams and Shaun Livingston netted 18 points apiece and the Brooklyn Nets defeated the Toronto Raptors, 101-97, on Monday night.
The Charlotte Bobcats are getting used to big nights from Al Jefferson and Kemba Walker.
Dwyane Wade donated 22 points, including 13 in the fourth quarter, as the Miami Heat ended their three-game slide and clinched a playoff berth with a 99-90 win over the Washington Wizards at AmericanAirlines Arena.
LeBron James set the tone pregame. Dwyane Wade took over in the fourth quarter.
Al Jefferson scored 26 points and pulled down 13 rebounds to help the Charlotte Bobcats take a 105-98 win over the Denver Nuggets.
OAKLAND, Calif. - Stephen Curry heard all about the recent criticisms of his play.
Kevin Garnett has been scratched from Brooklyn's lineup for its game against the Toronto Raptors.
The Los Angeles Lakers will probably be mathematically eliminated next week from a playoff spot, four weeks before the regular season ends.
The Cleveland Cavaliers can't seem to clear the hospital beds. Just as the injured guys start feeling better, more start falling down.
Before his Bulls knocked them off in overtime, Tom Thibodeau said the Heat could be considered a dynasty and that "nobody" compared to LeBron James as far as designing defensive game plans.
- UN: 5.5 million Syrian children affected by war
- Fla. Gov. Scott starts running re-election TV ads
- 3 dead, 1 injured in apartment complex fire
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Fla. Legislature passes tuition break for veterans
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Miami Marlins Steve Cishek knows pressure of being the closer
- Miami Heat tops Washington Wizards as Dwyane Wade carries team late
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes is planted in right spot
- Miami Dolphins reach deal with safety Louis Delmas; cut cornerback Dimitri Patterson
- Monsignor Pace looks to build on historic flag football season
- Miami Heats Dwyane Wade plays back to back
- Miami Country Day boys basketball coach Bryan Parizo steps down after 25 years
- American Heritage girls tennis team routs Archbishop McCarthy
- Costa to add a second seasonal ship in Miami
- With mishaps in the past, cruise industry CEOs optimistic
- School hurricane-awareness program expands
- Florida Community Bank completes conversion of Great Florida Bank
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Business group to represent Alton store owners in Miami Beach
- Dadeland Mall’s terrace dining is kicking off
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- British transit union leader Bob Crow dies at 52
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90