Blake Griffin has withdrawn from playing for the U.S. national basketball team this summer.
The Dallas Mavericks have signed veteran point guard Jameer Nelson, who was waived last month by the Orlando Magic.
Cleveland officially, finally signed No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins this afternoon to a rookie contract that will pay him about $5.5 million this coming season.
The Dallas Mavericks have signed former All-Star point guard Jameer Nelson as a free agent.
The Phoenix Suns waived guard Dionte Christmas on Thursday.
The Cleveland Cavaliers have signed No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins to a rookie contract.
Andrew Wiggins has an NBA home. Maybe a temporary one.
The bizarre battle over the fate of the Los Angeles Clippers goes to a judge Monday and he may not have the final word on the dispute.
The Orlando Magic signed guard Devyn Marble on Thursday.
The lone remaining shoe to drop in this hectic summer of NBA movement is a large one.
Jameer Nelson is expected to sign a one-year free-agent contract worth $2.73 million with the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday, a source said.
The Dallas Mavericks have reached a deal with free-agent forward Al-Farouq Aminu after scrapping a contract with Rashard Lewis because of a knee problem.
Each time Taj Gibson works out at the Berto Center, team officials tell him not to focus on trade rumors involving his name.
Had an acquaintance of 30 years not posted the following rant on Facebook, I would have ignored the continuing bitterness that surrounds LeBron James.
The Hornets announced they've signed free agent point guard Brian Roberts.
A white 15-passenger van crept along the streets of Bath Township; behind it trailed a Chevy Surburban.
Testimony in the probate court trial between Donald and Shelly Sterling finished Wednesday with the contentious examination of Dr. Jeffrey Cummings.
The Phoenix Suns re-signed forward P.J. Tucker to a multiyear contract Wednesday.
When the Cleveland Cavaliers receive the paperwork on Andrew Wiggins' signed contract, which is expected Thursday, the clock on a tedious 30-day waiting period that could drastically alter the future of the franchise will officially begin ticking.
The summer of LeBron has quickly turned into the summer of Love. When it ends is anybody's guess.
- Questions remain in shooting death of FSU professor
- Congress passes law promoting transparency in Haiti’s reconstruction
- Phone records lead to arrest in murder of Miami-Dade teen
- Florida poll: More than 7 in 10 voters concerned about climate change, back EPA action plan
- Miami-Dade’s 836, 112 expressways to close at night to install toll equipment
- Curt Clawson becomes latest Flori-duh rep over India gaffe
- Why won't Florida GOP leaders talk about trips to King Ranch in Texas?
- Venezuela’s Telesur television goes bilingual with English programming
- Miami Hurricanes players dazzling with speed and strength
- Miami Marlins top Houston Astros with Brad Hand in control
- Miami Dolphins’ Stephen Ross intends to be boss for long time
- Armando Salguero: More questions than answers for Miami Dolphins
- Greg Cote: Year 3 means proving ground for Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill
- Mini-slump frustrates Miami Marlins’ Casey McGehee
- Miami Dolphins’ revamped offensive line off to sloppy start at training camp
- Miami Heat still non-committal on Michael Beasley, Greg Oden
- BankUnited reports lower second quarter profit, exits auto lending
- International Finance Bank pays $70,000 fine for alleged deceptive advertising
- Norwegian Cruise Line giving away cruise in hunt
- Carnival Cruise Line huddles up with Dallas Cowboys
- Developers buy 6.2 acres along the Miami River, including Finnegan’s River, with plans to create Miami Riverwalk
- SEC files charges against two South Florida men allegedly involved in a boiler room scheme
- Royal Caribbean profits surge in second quarter
- Practical tips for growing small businesses into middle-market businesses
- Ask Nancy: What to do when your elderly neighbor needs help
- Resort won’t accept my Travelzoo voucher
- How do condo owners find a competent manager?
- Southern Cross Stargazer for July 27-Aug. 2, 2014
- A single mom, her kids and a tech millionaire in trouble hit the road in Jojo Moyes’ comic ‘One Plus One’
- Healthy eating options are plentiful, and fun, when giving children food for life
- Music, games make kids exercise fun
- Florida: Tarpon Springs Hippiefest set for Aug. 16
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 20
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Zany underwater music festival in Florida Keys still a hit
- Life’s not easy in the islands
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Correction: Obit-Thomas Berger story