Embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling lost his attempt to block the $2 billion sale of the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
It was Donald Sterling's last chance to present evidence that might convince a judge he should remain in control of the Los Angeles Clippers. And things didn't go so well.
Atlanta Hawks forward Paul Millsap was added to the men's national team on Sunday.
Everyone associated with Derrick Rose's second serious knee rehabilitation has said the process has gone smoothly.
Paul Millsap has a new summer job.
The Los Angeles Lakers have waited nearly three months to hire a new coach, and they're apparently making Byron Scott wait a few more days.
For fans who held on to their LeBron James No. 23 jersey, it's relevant again.
LeBron James will go back to wearing jersey No. 23 in his return to Cleveland.
West Virginia Wesleyan says men's basketball coach Patrick Beilein has accepted a position with the NBA's Utah Jazz.
LOS ANGELES-The Los Angeles Lakers continued to negotiate with Byron Scott to be their coach but had not reached an official agreement as of Saturday evening, according to a person familiar with the situation.
Byron Scott will reportedly be the next head coach of the Los Angeles Lakers.
LOS ANGELES-The Los Angeles Clippers were overwhelmed from the pain they felt after being eliminated from the playoffs by Oklahoma City in May.
LOS ANGELES-These off-seasons just keep getting rougher.
Kevin Love has told Team USA he will not be able to play for it this summer because of his current unsettled situation with the Timberwolves.
Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Love has informed USA Basketball that he will be unable to participate with the men's national team this summer.
The Kings are less than a week removed from the Las Vegas showcase where confetti flew, Ray McCallum was named MVP of the summer league finale, and the players and owners held the championship trophy aloft, handling the sleek and shiny object like a brand-new car.
LOS ANGELES-The Los Angeles Lakers are getting closer to hiring their third head coach since Phil Jackson left their sidelines in 2011, engaging in negotiations with Byron Scott, according to a person familiar with the situation.
The Los Angeles Lakers have re-signed guard Xavier Henry.
Xavier Henry has agreed to a one-year deal to return to the Los Angeles Lakers.
When Luke Ridnour joined the Seattle SuperSonics as a rookie in 2003, veterans Brent Barry and Ray Allen helped him make the transition to the NBA.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach dies
- Miami home price rose 13.2 percent in May, S&P/Case-Shiller reports
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Shelling adds to mounting civilian toll in Ukraine
- Vets, teens transplant corals in Florida Keys
- 2 dead in head-on crash west of Miccosukee casino
- Obama mulls large-scale move on immigration
- Fighting in Ukraine prompts residents to flee
- UM QB Jake Heaps: ‘I didn’t come here to be a backup’
- Miami Dolphins rookie wide receiver Jarvis Landry catching on real fast
- Micky Arison reassures Miami Heat fans: We are not done
- Miami Marlins’ stunning rally in ninth tops Nationals
- Mike Hill: Miami Marlins won’t be sellers
- Resurgent Miami Marlins cap 6-1 road trip with three-game sweep of Houston Astros
- Continued surge could put Miami Marlins in buy mode for a starting pitcher
- Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller hopes to thrive in Bill Lazors new offense
- Miami startup SportsManias receives $3.5 million in investor funding
- Consumers asked to verify income, other information — or risk losing government subsidies for health insurance
- With new ships, Norwegian second-quarter earnings improve
- Bonjour Television Network will offer four channels for French-speaking viewers in the United States
- Latest designer condo: FENDI Château Residences
- Study: Miami’s economic recovery ranks No. 18 in U.S.
- Equinox acquiring Sports Club/LA, including club on Miami’s Brickell Avenue
- AT&T activates 7 more South Florida cell sites
- Wake up your slacking muscles
- Carolyn Hax: Whether the host or the guest, parent can’t relax
- Dear Abby: Son’s clumsiness may have a physical cause
- Fit tip: Do compression sleeves work?
- Candy-bar ‘bites’ take a bite out of wallets
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: How much sleep do I really need? Or, 7 is the new 8
- Pile this orzo pilaf onto your plate
- Jock Doc: New advances in hip-replacement surgery can help in the long term
- A branch of O Cinema may be coming to North Beach
- Comic-Con 2014: Hollywood stirs fan fervor
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 27
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Seattle Mayor Paul Schell dies
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52