The Los Angeles Lakers have signed second-round draft pick Jordan Clarkson.
Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and Thaddeus Young will meet the local masses in the most appropriate venue possible Tuesday - at the State Fair.
LeBron James is home. Kobe Bryant is no longer part of the equation. Same goes for Dwyane Wade.
Dick Bavetta never missed a game.
Everyone knew the Minnesota Timberwolves needed to trade Kevin Love.
In a city built on sports heartbreak and despair, in a town with a river named Chagrin, it's difficult to process days (and summers) like this.
As another dreary season concluded in April, one wide-eyed team executive stood in the back hallways of Quicken Loans Arena gushing about the possibilities in front of the Cavaliers this summer.
Sam Hinkie's dramatic overhaul of the Sixers' roster moved forward Saturday as the oft-discussed trade of Thaddeus Young was finalized.
Klay Thompson isn't much of a talker, especially not to the media. He's a nice guy who will give an interview if you ask him in person. But he's not volunteering to be anybody's spokesperson.
"I just think that they need to realize that I love being here. I don't know where the misconception came along, but I love this team. I love this organization, and somewhere along the line it went the other way. I think that wholeheartedly they need to realize that I do want to be here." - Kevin Love, February 2013
Now, the only question becomes whether Derrick Rose reclaims his starting spot.
Seven years later, the Timberwolves on Saturday morning once again traded away an All-Star named Kevin.
The long-awaited trade that will send Kevin Love from Minnesota to Cleveland is finally complete.
Olympic champions together, Kevin Love and LeBron James spent the last 30 days waiting to become teammates again.
The Cleveland Cavaliers signed forward Dwight Powell on Saturday.
The Old Melody Ranch is what Dick Bavetta calls his place, a 460-acre spread tucked into Ocala's horse-breeding country.
Stephen Curry, James Harden and Kyrie Irving were among the roster of 12 players named to represent the USA Basketball team in the upcoming FIBA World Cup in Spain.
Kobe Bryant is turning 36 Saturday, which means his career may or may not be flickering like a birthday candle.
The 76ers are about to end their relationship with their longest-tenured player. Multiple reports have confirmed that Thaddeus Young will be dealt to the Timberwolves as part of a three-team deal that also includes the Cleveland Cavaliers.
When the Cavaliers stand before the NBA on Saturday and declare Kevin Love is coming to Cleveland, the most remarkable summer overhaul in recent history will be complete.
- IMF chief Lagarde under investigation in France
- An art program in Miami women’s prison gives inmates moments of escapism
- Hurricane Cristobal heads toward Bermuda
- Nathan Eovaldi, Miami Marlins pummeled by Angels
- Conrad Hilton hurt in car crash near Palm Springs
- Journalist held captive in Syria arrives in US
- Ebola has 'upper hand' says US health official
- Immigration protesters interrupt Sen. Marco Rubio
- Miami Hurricanes still miffed, motivated by loss to Louisville
- Miami Dolphins DL Earl Mitchell already proving he’s a free agent gem
- Bethune-Cookman relishes last year’s win at FIU
- Leaner Dante Fowler Jr. hopes to feast on UF Gators’ opposing quarterbacks
- Former Miami Booker T. Washington High School QB Treon Harris named backup quarterback at the University of Florida
- Miami Marlins’ Christian Yelich excels as leadoff hitter
- FSU’s Delvin Purifoy out for the season
- Brady Quinn among 8 players released by Miami Dolphins
- Le Pain Quotidien scouting for four locations in Miami-Dade
- Royal Caribbean rolls out new tech for Quantum of the Seas
- Case-Shiller: Miami area home prices rose 11.5 percent in June
- Q&A with Maurice Ferré: What’s next after MAKO?
- At Orlando conference, retail experts predict malls will be increasingly innovative
- Burger King operations would remain in Miami in a Tim Hortons deal
- Lines open Monday for Miami-Dade IKEA
- Affordable Care Act exemptions mean millions don’t have to sign up
- Weekday meal planner: Cubano dogs for Friday
- Carolyn Hax: One person can make a big difference standing up for another
- Farm fresh: A guide to South Florida farmers markets
- Plum salsa puts grilled pork tenderloin over the top
- Oatmeal epiphanies: Gluten-free and pod-ready
- Pro tip: Indent your burgers for even Labor Day grilling
- Exercise-induced asthma can develop suddenly, but can be managed with a pulmonologist
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: On Labor Day, let’s celebrate the importance of leisure
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Peruvian journalist Zileri dead at 83
- Correction: Obit-Sperling story
- Correction: Britain-Obit-Richard Attenborough
- Oglala Sioux leader Gerald One Feather dies
- De Rothschild, grande dame of wine, dies at 80
- NASA: Former astronaut Nagel dies after illness
- B.K.S. Iyengar, Indian guru who helped popularize yoga in West, dies at 95
- Veteran music agent Peter Grosslight dead at 68