Donald Sterling is finally out of legal options to unwind the sale of the Los Angeles Clippers.
The Miami Heat announced Wednesday that they have signed veteran guard Shannon Brown.
Does Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor sound like an immensely bitter, jilted ex-spouse who took the low road, or a truth-teller, unafraid to shed light on a situation no one wants to believe?
Los Angeles Clippers head coach Doc Rivers has agreed to a contract extension through the 2018-19 season, the team announced Wednesday.
Doc Rivers is staying with the Los Angeles Clippers for another five years.
International Basketball's governing body, FIBA, released the rosters for the World Cup, formerly known as the World Championships, which begins Saturday.
Dion Waiters was en route to Los Angeles last month for a weeklong workout session with pro basketball trainer Rob McClanaghan, an annual West Coast trip that had become as much a part of Waiters' offseason routine as the trade rumors that always seem to include his name, when his cellphone buzzed. He answered it.
The Milwaukee Bucks have traded veteran small forward Carlos Delfino and backup center Miroslav Raduljica to the Los Angeles Clippers in exchange for small forward Jared Dudley and a 2017 first-round draft pick, a league source indicated Tuesday.
LOS ANGELES-The disappointing Jared Dudley era came to an end for the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday when they traded the veteran forward and a first-round draft pick to the Milwaukee Bucks as part of a deal that could be a precursor to additional moves.
Prosecutors say former Chicago Bulls forward Ronnie Brewer has been sentenced to probation after pleading no contest to driving drunk in Beverly Hills.
When he introduced Kevin Love to Cleveland on Tuesday, Cavs General Manager David Griffin called it a culmination of 18 months of trade negotiations. Truthfully, however, the genesis to the moment dated back even further, to the bus rides and countless locker room discussions at the 2012 London Olympics.
The Philadelphia 76ers acquired center Hasheem Thabeet and cash considerations from the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for a 2015 protected second round draft pick.
Andrew Wiggins spent the previous month seemingly in hiding, side-stepping questions about a trade that was all but finished and coming to the realization he was not going to be teammates with LeBron James.
The Oklahoma City Thunder have traded center Hasheem Thabeet and cash to the Philadelphia 76ers for a protected second-round draft pick in 2015 and a trade exception.
The New Orleans Pelicans have signed veteran forward John Salmons, the team announced Tuesday.
The New Orleans Pelicans have signed veteran small forward John Salmons to a free agent contract.
The Milwaukee Bucks acquired forward Jared Dudley and a 2017 conditional first-round draft pick from the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday.
The trade was made official on Saturday, but Kevin Love says he committed to playing for the Cavaliers in July.
Small forward Jared Dudley is going to the Milwaukee Bucks.
Kevin Love was introduced as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday and said he is "committed" to the end goal of the organization.
- Cuba cracks down on goods in travelers' luggage
- Down at half, US beats Turkey in basketball worlds
- Miami developer hires governor’s pal; Scott, Cabinet green light Watson Island project
- Reviewing the record of Charlie Crist, Gov. Rick Scott on education
- 1 killed in small plane crash near St. Petersburg
- 9 people hurt in 50-car pileup in Washington state
- Coast Guard repatriates Cuban, Haitian migrants
- 5 US airstrikes target Islamic State fighters
- Miami Dolphins put finishing touches on final roster adding Brandian Ross, Sammy Seamster
- Florida State Seminoles know they have work to do after shaky season opener
- Youth group teaches life lessons through fishing
- University of Florida football team, Idaho mull next move after cancelled game
- Florida State Seminoles survive second-half shootout to hold off Oklahoma State
- Jarred Cosart leads Miami Marlins in shutout win over Atlanta Braves
- Miami Dolphins cut Daniel Thomas, expect Mike Pouncey back soon
- Miami Hurricanes set to begin Brad Kaaya era with season opener against Louisville
- CEOs split on the question of gambling
- For love and money: Some South Florida professionals find two jobs better than one
- Miami Herald Small Business Makeover: YaYa Wines toasts its new strategy
- Miami-Dade home and condo median prices hit six-year high
- Brookings study: Miami attracts big share of foreign students, but not in STEM fields
- Entrepreneurship events a show of force of angels, startups
- Carlos Gutierrez of McCann Worldgroup: Engineering the creative path forward
- Entrepreneurship Datebook
- Carolyn Hax: My sister the control freak is coming for a visit
- Roxane Gay offers a biting perspective on pop culture in ‘Bad Feminist’
- Fundraiser supports Read to a Child
- Steve Almond considers football, our unkickable addiction
- Desert Inn to get a Wild West revival?
- The events of 9/11 and its aftermath shape the lives of a Washington couple in ‘Before, During, After’
- Dear Abby: After a loved one's passing, grief can outlast the support
- Carolyn Hax: Woman struggles with depression, wonders if it’s ‘crazy’ to be truthful
- Thomas Wyroba, 64, beloved teacher at Miami’s New World of the Arts
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- A strong debut despite its shortcomings
- Glimpse into tony world of antiques
- A South Florida acting couple lands the perfect roles: husband and wife
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Aug. 31
- Coral Reef grad Ricky Ubeda vaults to the top of TVs So You Think You Can Dance
- Hometown restaurant groups Las Vegas Cuban, TooJays Deli are South Florida mainstays
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Ex-Romanian foreign minister under communism dies
- Spanish fashion designer Pertegaz dies at 96
- Former Jethro Tull bass player Glenn Cornick dies
- Kurt Meyer, LA architect who was committed to civic service, dies at 92
- Ex-US sailor who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- Real estate executive and Jewish leader Kenneth Schwartz dies at 88
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69
- William Greaves, TV host and filmmaker, dead at 87