The waiting game continues as LeBron James’ choices likely whittled down to Miami Heat, Cleveland Cavaliers
LeBron James spoke with Heat president Pat Riley on Wednesday, but James’ decision on staying in Miami or leaving is still an unknown.
In My Opinion
Dan Le Batard: LeBron James displays all his power as Pat Riley, Miami Heat and rest of the NBA awaits decision
There isn’t a lot of precedent for this spectacle we are presently Witnessing. So much power. So, so, so much power. LeBron James is the most powerful athlete in sports, by a lot, and what is going on around him these days is equal parts lunacy and chaos.
Economic uncertainty impacts every person a different way. Sometimes it affects one person several ways. Men like Warren Buffet capitalize on it, Jim Cramer obsesses about it and yells accordingly, and others try to avoid it if they can.
Heat president Pat Riley and LeBron James will get together Wednesday, one day before NBA free agents can sign new contracts.
Looking to retain LeBron James in a Heat uniform, Miami added to the roster by agreeing to deals with free agents Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger.
In My Opinion | Dan Le Batard
The panoramic view of the Miami Heats free agency has been interesting to watch from all angles.
James Ennis shines, Shabazz Napier rebounds from shaky outing in Miami Heats second summer league contest
While Heat waits for its real Big 3 to decide on their basketball futures, theres a fairly entertaining Big 3 coming together in the summer league.
In My Opinion | Greg Cote
Pat Riley, as the world was ending in the recent raw wake of the Heats 4-1 NBA Finals loss to San Antonio, advised fans and media to get a grip on reality to appreciate what the team built in 2010 had accomplished in four seasons, and that nobody wins every year.
Summer League | Celtics 85, Heat 77
This is why they conduct summer league.
Heat president Pat Riley hopes to convince free agents Pau Gasol, Luol Deng or Trevor Ariza to accept less money and sign with Miami — a quest that became more pressing following a report that LeBron James’ agent met with four teams.
The Heat is among several teams courting Spanish center and free agent Pau Gasol.
Pat Riley must do some wooing and cap-crunching and fend off rivals as he retools the Miami Heat’s makeup.
With LeBron James reportedly seeking a max contract, its up to Pat Riley, GM Andy Elisburg and the Big 3 to make the salaries work in Miami.
LeBron James reportedly wants a deal that pays about $21 million next season, meaning Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade must take big pay cuts for the Big 3 to stay together.
The way Heat president Pat Riley tells the story, it wasnt up to him to sign Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem to contracts in 2010.
Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem said they will opt out of their contracts, and Chris Bosh is expected to follow, giving the Heat flexibility with its roster.
In My Opinion
News that Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and likely Chris Bosh are opting out is an indication the Miami Heats core believes this franchise still has more rings in it.
The Heat traded up two spots in the first round of the NBA Draft to acquire UConn point guard Shabazz Napier, who won two NCAA titles.
Heat president Pat Riley was focused on selecting Shabazz Napier in the draft and feels fortunate to have landed the point guard.
Mourning, a co-founder of the center, is wearing white sneakers and shorts, looking down at the camera with a smile. Alongside the picture is a quote from the seven-time All-Star.
- Secret terror: Fate of South Florida journalist Steven Sotloff now on world stage
- Metal worker claims self-defense in killing 423-pound co-worker in Medley
- Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for L.A., ‘Insider’
- Judge dismisses suit against Miami-Dade primate-research protesters
- Black voters become focus in redistricting fight as both side claim to offer better protections
- Upgrades planned next year for Miami-Dade libraries
- Miami-Dade hires new housing director
- Guantánamo-bound MRI spent year in storage
- University of Miami QB Jake Heaps healthy, happy to be back on field
- David J. Neal: The bottom line: Miami Marlins are building a contender as long as Stanton is re-signed
- Westminster Academy football building on culture of winning
- Gators OC Kurt Roper says infamous Gator-on-Gator block a product of season
- New SpoolTek lure catches monster snook in dark of night
- Miami Marlins cant keep momentum going against Texas Rangers, fall back to .500
- Westminster Christian football team has lofty title goals in 2014
- South Florida fishing report: Aug. 20, 2014
- 122 South Florida companies make Inc. 5000 list
- Miami-based Movéo car service expands to Colombia
- Silver Airways adds Fort Lauderdale-Jacksonville flights
- Saks Fifth Avenue will anchor Brickell City Centre
- The Fresh Diet sold to Innovative Food Holdings
- Taxi alternatives could improve service
- Back-to-school worries can stress working parents as well as kids
- $342 million sale of six properties on Miami Beach’s Lincoln Road closes
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Pinto beans in cake? Sounds crazy, tastes delicious
- Injectibles may make you look younger - but make sure you go to an experienced practioner
- Study: Fruits and veggies can boost one’s mood, creativity
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: Heaping helpings of restaurant sarcasm do nothing for my appetite
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss
- Report: Famed Iranian poet Behbahani dies at 87
- Ex-Romanian politician, oil tycoon dies at 64
- Longtime 'SNL' announcer Don Pardo dies at 96
- Don Pardo, iconic TV announcer, dies at 96
- Rep. who helped deregulate savings and loans dies