In my opinion
The In-Decision ended Friday when LeBron James announced he is going back to his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers after four Finals-filled, multiple-championship-winning years with the Heat.
IN MY OPINION
The stunned numbness is understandable. So are the first words Miami Heat owner Micky Arison expressed Friday upon hearing the news: Shocked and disappointed.
MIAMI HEAT | FAN REACTION
Happy Hour wasnt as joyous as it usually is in kicking off a weekend. Not in South Florida, not on this Friday.
LEBRON JAMES | A TIMELINE
A look at key moments in the career of LeBron James since his arrival in Miami on that fateful night in July 2010:
Heat fans, chat with Miami Herald beat writer Joe Goodman about what's next for the team in the wake of James' announcement.
NBA FREE AGENCY
Social and sports media have been consumed by crazed rumors and chatter over where LeBron James will land.
Heat summer league
LeBron James highly endorsed draft pick is going through a rough adjustment period during his first summer league season.
The waiting game continues as LeBron James’ choices likely whittled down to Miami Heat, Cleveland Cavaliers
LeBron James spoke with Heat president Pat Riley on Wednesday, but James’ decision on staying in Miami or leaving is still an unknown.
In My Opinion
Dan Le Batard: LeBron James displays all his power as Pat Riley, Miami Heat and rest of the NBA awaits decision
There isn’t a lot of precedent for this spectacle we are presently Witnessing. So much power. So, so, so much power. LeBron James is the most powerful athlete in sports, by a lot, and what is going on around him these days is equal parts lunacy and chaos.
Economic uncertainty impacts every person a different way. Sometimes it affects one person several ways. Men like Warren Buffet capitalize on it, Jim Cramer obsesses about it and yells accordingly, and others try to avoid it if they can.
Heat president Pat Riley and LeBron James will get together Wednesday, one day before NBA free agents can sign new contracts.
Looking to retain LeBron James in a Heat uniform, Miami added to the roster by agreeing to deals with free agents Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger.
In My Opinion | Dan Le Batard
The panoramic view of the Miami Heats free agency has been interesting to watch from all angles.
James Ennis shines, Shabazz Napier rebounds from shaky outing in Miami Heats second summer league contest
While Heat waits for its real Big 3 to decide on their basketball futures, theres a fairly entertaining Big 3 coming together in the summer league.
In My Opinion | Greg Cote
Pat Riley, as the world was ending in the recent raw wake of the Heats 4-1 NBA Finals loss to San Antonio, advised fans and media to get a grip on reality to appreciate what the team built in 2010 had accomplished in four seasons, and that nobody wins every year.
Summer League | Celtics 85, Heat 77
This is why they conduct summer league.
Heat president Pat Riley hopes to convince free agents Pau Gasol, Luol Deng or Trevor Ariza to accept less money and sign with Miami — a quest that became more pressing following a report that LeBron James’ agent met with four teams.
The Heat is among several teams courting Spanish center and free agent Pau Gasol.
Pat Riley must do some wooing and cap-crunching and fend off rivals as he retools the Miami Heat’s makeup.
With LeBron James reportedly seeking a max contract, its up to Pat Riley, GM Andy Elisburg and the Big 3 to make the salaries work in Miami.
- Toxic soil forces closure of athletic fields at Colonial Drive Park
- Iraq war veteran sues Gov. Rick Scott, state of Florida over loss of job
- Miami-Dade budget faces final vote
- Miami Beach shows off new anti-flooding pumps
- President Barack Obama rules out ground troops vs. Islamic State group: ‘We’re not going to do this alone’
- Contractor gets 7 years in military secrets case
- Dog missing from Pennsylvania found in Oregon
- Sheriff: Burned armpit hair led to Idaho car crash
- John Murillo fights through trying times on football field for Goleman High
- Miami Marlins defeat Mets, end long road trip 5-5
- Florida Panthers’ owners vow to not move team
- Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill tries to target problem of inaccuracy
- FIU Panthers freshman duo find rhythm on offense
- Miami Heat adds Keith Smart, Chris Quinn as assistant coaches
- Miami Dolphins giving Daniel Thomas another chance
- Greg Cote: Adrian Peterson case and others prove NFL guided by public reaction, not moral compass
- Atlantic Broadband offers 1 Gigabit service
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s new $719 million, 8,000-foot runway is ready for take off
- Citrix purchases South Florida startup
- Books & Books coming to Arsht Center campus in downtown Miami
- Fed signals firm end to bond buying
- Brickell Motors buys Ocean Cadillac
- In the social media age, private actions are company business
- Feds allege $300-million Ponzi scheme at Cay Clubs Resorts
- How to find a doctor who makes house calls
- Celebrating Halloween at the theme parks
- Jewish Museum of Florida’s recipe contest celebrates foods of the High Holy Days
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Color is the new black: Spring/summer fashion trend report
- Make a Carrabba’s fan-favorite chicken dish at home
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Powerful Washington lobbyist Boggs dies at 73
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82