In My Opinion
“You see us as you want to see us. In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions... That’s how we saw each other at seven o’clock this morning. We were brainwashed.”
Heat | Analysis
The Heat is all in with Chris Bosh — after it looked like he was out — as its new face, ushering it into the post-LeBron Era.
In My Opinion
We felt rejected and dejected. We felt sorrow and shock. We felt disappointment and loss. We felt appreciation and anger. There was no right way for Heat fans to feel, no easy consensus when LeBron James announced Miami was just a temporary stop on his way back home.
Udonis Haslem, making a sacrifice again, will earn about $2.7 million next season after opting out of a deal that would have paid $4.6 million for 2014-15.
The Heat could see another one of its former players who played a key role in the teams championship years rejoin LeBron James in Cleveland.
Longtime Miami Heat forward James Jones has agreed to a one-year deal with the Cavaliers, opting to play in Cleveland with LeBron James.
The Heat signed free agent Luol Deng on Tuesday, and Pat Riley didn’t understate the move, which helped the team salvage its roster after losing LeBron James.
The Heat reached deals with Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem, franchise stalwarts who again have made financial sacrifices to stay in Miami.
Despite Mario Chalmers struggles in the 2014 playoffs, Pat Riley has faith in the Heats point guard.
Heat | Free Agency
Life after LeBron is coming together for the Heat.
In the wake of the departure of LeBron James, Heat president Pat Riley is working to sign Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and others to retool Miami.
In My Opinion
The letter in Sports Illustrated was super sweet. Had a writer’s touch. Really nice. Perfect, really. So perfect. Too perfect, if you are cynical and embittered and hurt.
LeBron James leaves Miami for Cleveland
LeBron James made it official Friday, leaving the Heat for his hometown Cavaliers. But Chris Bosh will return with a reported five-year, $118 million deal, and new deals were being worked out for Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem.
IN MY OPINION
The stunned numbness is understandable. So are the first words Miami Heat owner Micky Arison expressed Friday upon hearing the news: Shocked and disappointed.
In my opinion
The In-Decision ended Friday when LeBron James announced he is going back to his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers after four Finals-filled, multiple-championship-winning years with the Heat.
MIAMI HEAT | FAN REACTION
Happy Hour wasnt as joyous as it usually is in kicking off a weekend. Not in South Florida, not on this Friday.
LEBRON JAMES | A TIMELINE
A look at key moments in the career of LeBron James since his arrival in Miami on that fateful night in July 2010:
Heat fans, chat with Miami Herald beat writer Joe Goodman about what's next for the team in the wake of James' announcement.
Heat summer league
LeBron James highly endorsed draft pick is going through a rough adjustment period during his first summer league season.
NBA FREE AGENCY
Social and sports media have been consumed by crazed rumors and chatter over where LeBron James will land.
- Three teens injured after being hit by a car in Doral
- Nurse who refused to force-feed sent home from Guantánamo
- Rocket explodes during test flight; no injuries
- ND teacher of the year charged with 5 felonies
- Costa Rica to investigate US anti-Cuba program
- Billionaire pinpoints Museum Park as favored flagpole site
- UCF student injured in armed robbery
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Miami Dolphins’ Knowshon Moreno in position to earn expanded role
- Seven spots still up for grabs on Florida Gators’ roster
- Miami Central football coach receives slur-filled hate mail from Alabama ‘fan’
- Armando Salguero: Dan Marino’s role with Miami Dolphins is welcome but undefined
- Florida State Seminoles, fans celebrate 63rd annual kickoff luncheon
- University of Miami’s CanesFest will be on campus Saturday
- Top-tier teams Booker T. Washington, Oscar Smith to face off in nationally televised game
- Miami Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton, Garrett Jones thrive at Denver ballpark
- Aeromexico adds fourth weekly Miami-Merida flight
- Memorial Regional Hospital’s heart program accredited
- The American consumer is back, with an asterisk
- Advanced Capital completes purchase of broker-dealer Lake Forest Securities
- Check online Social Security account to avoid costly errors
- Inherit? Invest
- Tom Hudson: This has been the summer of cooling energy prices
- FPL expects to reduce rates in 2015
- Condo line: Substantial surplus funds in operating budget not necessarily a good thing
- Southern Cross Stargazer for Aug. 24-30, 2014
- Civil War reenactments planned around state
- My infant daughter doesn’t have a ticket — who’s responsible?
- Florida: St. Augustine Spanish Wine Festival set for Sept. 9-13
- Jess Row’s ‘Your Face in Mine’ explores race in a fascinating context
- New surgery can relieve epileptic seizures
- Dance, yoga, art — all help Parkinson’s patients keep moving
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former AP photo editor Toby Massey dies
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss