Barring an unexpected change of heart by the NBA, Christmas in Miami will feature LeBron James’ much-anticipated return to Miami in an opposing uniform.
Heat owner Micky Arison, in an open letter to fans, expressed optimism about the teams future in the post-LeBron James era.
Even with at least three roster spots to fill, the Heat continues to be non-committal with free agents Michael Beasley and Greg Oden, with the team neither closing the door on a return in conversations with their agents nor offering them a contract to this point, either.
In My Opinion
“You see us as you want to see us. In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions... That’s how we saw each other at seven o’clock this morning. We were brainwashed.”
Heat | Analysis
The Heat is all in with Chris Bosh — after it looked like he was out — as its new face, ushering it into the post-LeBron Era.
In My Opinion
We felt rejected and dejected. We felt sorrow and shock. We felt disappointment and loss. We felt appreciation and anger. There was no right way for Heat fans to feel, no easy consensus when LeBron James announced Miami was just a temporary stop on his way back home.
Udonis Haslem, making a sacrifice again, will earn about $2.7 million next season after opting out of a deal that would have paid $4.6 million for 2014-15.
The Heat could see another one of its former players who played a key role in the teams championship years rejoin LeBron James in Cleveland.
Longtime Miami Heat forward James Jones has agreed to a one-year deal with the Cavaliers, opting to play in Cleveland with LeBron James.
The Heat reached deals with Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem, franchise stalwarts who again have made financial sacrifices to stay in Miami.
The Heat signed free agent Luol Deng on Tuesday, and Pat Riley didn’t understate the move, which helped the team salvage its roster after losing LeBron James.
Despite Mario Chalmers struggles in the 2014 playoffs, Pat Riley has faith in the Heats point guard.
Heat | Free Agency
Life after LeBron is coming together for the Heat.
In the wake of the departure of LeBron James, Heat president Pat Riley is working to sign Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and others to retool Miami.
In My Opinion
The letter in Sports Illustrated was super sweet. Had a writer’s touch. Really nice. Perfect, really. So perfect. Too perfect, if you are cynical and embittered and hurt.
LeBron James leaves Miami for Cleveland
LeBron James made it official Friday, leaving the Heat for his hometown Cavaliers. But Chris Bosh will return with a reported five-year, $118 million deal, and new deals were being worked out for Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem.
In my opinion
The In-Decision ended Friday when LeBron James announced he is going back to his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers after four Finals-filled, multiple-championship-winning years with the Heat.
IN MY OPINION
The stunned numbness is understandable. So are the first words Miami Heat owner Micky Arison expressed Friday upon hearing the news: Shocked and disappointed.
MIAMI HEAT | FAN REACTION
Happy Hour wasnt as joyous as it usually is in kicking off a weekend. Not in South Florida, not on this Friday.
LEBRON JAMES | A TIMELINE
A look at key moments in the career of LeBron James since his arrival in Miami on that fateful night in July 2010:
- Governor candidates stump on Labor Day
- After backing a Cuban museum, Miami-Dade commissioner says it’s time for a black museum too
- Fred Grimm: Waiting at a drawbridge? Horrors
- Obama notifies Congress on new round of Iraq airstrikes
- Uruguay: Guantanamo prisoner transfer not imminent
- Cuba cracks down on goods in travelers' luggage
- Down at half, US beats Turkey in basketball worlds
- 1 killed in small plane crash near St. Petersburg
- Andre C. Fernandez: American Heritage looks for bounce-back win
- Game date for Florida-Idaho up in air
- Andre C. Fernandez: Booker T. Washington has edge against Central
- Henderson Alvarez injured in Miami Marlins’ 9-6 win vs. Mets
- Florida State’s Jesus ‘Bobo’ Wilson back in lineup
- Award for FIU cornerback Richard Leonard
- Miami Heat reassigns longtime assistants McAdoo, Rothstein
- Miami Dolphins put finishing touches on final roster adding Brandian Ross, Sammy Seamster
- A new operator readies Rio de Janeiro’s airport for 2016 Olympics
- CEOs split on the question of gambling
- For love and money: Some South Florida professionals find two jobs better than one
- Miami Herald Small Business Makeover: YaYa Wines toasts its new strategy
- Miami-Dade home and condo median prices hit six-year high
- Brookings study: Miami attracts big share of foreign students, but not in STEM fields
- Entrepreneurship events a show of force of angels, startups
- Carlos Gutierrez of McCann Worldgroup: Engineering the creative path forward
- Marvelous malbec deserves to be discovered
- Carolyn Hax: My sister the control freak is coming for a visit
- Roxane Gay offers a biting perspective on pop culture in ‘Bad Feminist’
- Fundraiser supports Read to a Child
- Steve Almond considers football, our unkickable addiction
- Desert Inn to get a Wild West revival?
- The events of 9/11 and its aftermath shape the lives of a Washington couple in ‘Before, During, After’
- Dear Abby: After a loved one's passing, grief can outlast the support
- Thomas Wyroba, 64, beloved teacher at Miami’s New World of the Arts
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- A strong debut despite its shortcomings
- Glimpse into tony world of antiques
- A South Florida acting couple lands the perfect roles: husband and wife
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Aug. 31
- Coral Reef grad Ricky Ubeda vaults to the top of TVs So You Think You Can Dance
- Hometown restaurant groups Las Vegas Cuban, TooJays Deli are South Florida mainstays
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Ex-Romanian foreign minister under communism dies
- Spanish fashion designer Pertegaz dies at 96
- Former Jethro Tull bass player Glenn Cornick dies
- Kurt Meyer, LA architect who was committed to civic service, dies at 92
- Ex-US sailor who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- Real estate executive and Jewish leader Kenneth Schwartz dies at 88
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69
- William Greaves, TV host and filmmaker, dead at 87