Filling out its roster after trading Roger Mason Jr., the Miami Heat signed forward DeAndre Liggins to a 10-day contract Tuesday.
By evolving into a ‘position-less’ player, Heat center Chris Bosh has elevated his game and become one of the team’s best long-distance shooters.
LeBron James likely will wear a protective facemask during games for at least a few weeks after breaking his nose on Thursday night against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Heat 93, Bulls 79
With LeBron James out because of a broken nose, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade stepped up their overall games Sunday to lead the Heat past the pesky Bulls.
It’s an ever-changing milestone for Greg Oden. Every day that he is in the NBA and healthy is the most important day for Oden in his return from a four-year absence from the league.
LeBron James sustained a broken nose from a hard collision in Thursday’s game, and his status is up in the air for Sunday’s game against Chicago.
Heat 103, Thunder 81
The Heat saw its future flash before its eyes late in Thursday's 103-81 win over the host Thunder.
The Heat didnt do much before Thursdays trade deadline, but it did create a roster spot by shipping guard Roger Mason Jr. to Sacramento.
With two of the top three records in the NBA, the regular-season rematch between the Heat and Thunder could be a preview of the NBA Finals.
HEAT 117, MAVERICKS 106
There was no looking ahead to Thursdays game against the Thunder as LeBron James led the Heat to a win over the Mavs.
A number of Miami players said LeBron James comments during a taped interview Monday didnt offer a relief to building tension in the team locker room. Thats because there is no tension nor, at least as far as plans go, any concern.
As a result of lengthy postseasons and the London Olympics, nobody has played more games since the start of the 2010 season than LeBron James.
Kyrie Irving had 31 points and 14 assists to earn MVP honors, and Heat star LeBron James added 22 points to help the East squad rally past the West.
All-Star Saturday Night
If the Heat needs a half-court shot to win Game 7 of the NBA Finals, Chris Bosh will be taking it.
Dwyane Wades mysterious foot ailment will not keep him out of the All-Star Game, but the Heats shooting guard isnt going to be playing heavy minutes Sunday.
As they do every year on the day before the All-Star Game, the LeBron James Family Foundation, Sprite and the Boys & Girls Club unveiled a rejuvenated gymnasium on Saturday. As usual, it was a huge success.
It was one heck of a way to begin All-Star Weekend.
IN MY OPINION
LeBron James steps into the NBA All-Star break flexing, preening, reminding you whos King a man at his full powers and not minding if everybody knows it.
Heat 111, Warriors 110
OAKLAND, Calif. With the game clock ticking down, Heat coach Erik Spoelstra thought about calling a timeout and taking the ball out of LeBron James hands.
With the team mostly healthy and in the No. 2 spot in the Eastern Conference, the defending champion Heat is poised to make a run after the All-Star break and defend its title.
- Call for charges in street artist Israel ‘Reefa‘ Hernandez-Llach‘s death
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Caribbean Community leaders want formal apology from Europe for slavery
- Bill to remove arcades from gambling ban could create loopholes
- Syrian refugee crisis brings Israelis and Arabs together in Miami Beach
- Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection again
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Newtown gunman's dad opens up in magazine article
- LeBron James drops the ball in Miami Heats loss to Chicago Bulls
- Miami Hurricanes pay tribute to JoJo Nicolas
- Miami Marlins’ Steve Cishek knows pressure of being the closer
- Greg Cote: Patrick Reed has the right look and game to match it
- Florida Panthers’ Jimmy Hayes is planted in right spot
- Florida Panthers sunk by Boston Bruins for eighth game in a row
- Miami Dolphins reach deal with safety Louis Delmas; cut cornerback Dimitri Patterson
- Patrick Reed stays steady and strong in victory at WGC-Cadillac Championship
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Business group to represent Alton store owners in Miami Beach
- Dadeland Mall’s terrace dining is kicking off
- 18 banks get top ratings from BauerFinancial; four get lowest ratings
- Israeli cruise passengers denied entry to Tunisia
- Construction underway on new AC Hotel by Marriott
- McDonald’s sales dragged down by fourth-straight drop
- American Air says asset sales totaled $381 million
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies