In My Opinion
“You see us as you want to see us. In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions... That’s how we saw each other at seven o’clock this morning. We were brainwashed.”
Heat | Analysis
The Heat is all in with Chris Bosh — after it looked like he was out — as its new face, ushering it into the post-LeBron Era.
In My Opinion
We felt rejected and dejected. We felt sorrow and shock. We felt disappointment and loss. We felt appreciation and anger. There was no right way for Heat fans to feel, no easy consensus when LeBron James announced Miami was just a temporary stop on his way back home.
Udonis Haslem, making a sacrifice again, will earn about $2.7 million next season after opting out of a deal that would have paid $4.6 million for 2014-15.
The Heat could see another one of its former players who played a key role in the teams championship years rejoin LeBron James in Cleveland.
Longtime Miami Heat forward James Jones has agreed to a one-year deal with the Cavaliers, opting to play in Cleveland with LeBron James.
The Heat reached deals with Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem, franchise stalwarts who again have made financial sacrifices to stay in Miami.
The Heat signed free agent Luol Deng on Tuesday, and Pat Riley didn’t understate the move, which helped the team salvage its roster after losing LeBron James.
Despite Mario Chalmers struggles in the 2014 playoffs, Pat Riley has faith in the Heats point guard.
Heat | Free Agency
Life after LeBron is coming together for the Heat.
In the wake of the departure of LeBron James, Heat president Pat Riley is working to sign Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem and others to retool Miami.
In My Opinion
The letter in Sports Illustrated was super sweet. Had a writer’s touch. Really nice. Perfect, really. So perfect. Too perfect, if you are cynical and embittered and hurt.
LeBron James leaves Miami for Cleveland
LeBron James made it official Friday, leaving the Heat for his hometown Cavaliers. But Chris Bosh will return with a reported five-year, $118 million deal, and new deals were being worked out for Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem.
In my opinion
The In-Decision ended Friday when LeBron James announced he is going back to his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers after four Finals-filled, multiple-championship-winning years with the Heat.
IN MY OPINION
The stunned numbness is understandable. So are the first words Miami Heat owner Micky Arison expressed Friday upon hearing the news: Shocked and disappointed.
MIAMI HEAT | FAN REACTION
Happy Hour wasnt as joyous as it usually is in kicking off a weekend. Not in South Florida, not on this Friday.
LEBRON JAMES | A TIMELINE
A look at key moments in the career of LeBron James since his arrival in Miami on that fateful night in July 2010:
Heat fans, chat with Miami Herald beat writer Joe Goodman about what's next for the team in the wake of James' announcement.
NBA FREE AGENCY
Social and sports media have been consumed by crazed rumors and chatter over where LeBron James will land.
Heat summer league
LeBron James highly endorsed draft pick is going through a rough adjustment period during his first summer league season.
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Barcelona soccer academy coming to Fort Lauderdale
- Duo’s car theft at Biscayne Boulevard Kmart is thwarted after gunman shows up, Miami-Dade police say
- Spaniard convicted of laundering drug profits in Miami condos and cars faces possible life sentence
- Fade to black: Leonard Maltin ending movie guides
- St. Louis police release video of shooting
- Israel kills 3 Hamas military commanders in Gaza
- Artist, entrepreneur Guy Harvey hosts community conversation at Miami Herald
- Austin Barron brings veteran experience to Seminoles’ returning O-line starters
- Greg Cote: It’s time to welcome Pete Rose back to baseball
- Miami Central Rockets ready for Hoover in opener
- Miami Marlins have flair for the dramatic with one-run games
- Improvement in consistency for Miami Dolphins’ Will Davis
- Florida State Seminoles focused on opener against Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Florida Gators’ defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin confident in team
- St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders start fast in prep for opener
- Jungle Island to host Halloween experience
- For Brazil, World Cup success fuels hope for more tourists at Rio Olympics
- Winn-Dixie parent Bi-Lo withdraws plans to take company public
- US judge readies response to Argentina’s threats
- Brazil expands labor rights for domestic workers
- Miami Beach may ban commercial hand-billing in busy areas
- TigerDirect to hold redesign celebration in Aventura
- Perry Ellis’ second quarter net loss narrows
- Crisp and affordable, Spanish white wines won’t dent your wallet
- SeaWorld drops appeal of OSHA violation
- Sleep disorders may be behind a child’s lack of concentration
- Global cruise lines set sail for China
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- The Herald recommends: City of Miami ballot questions
- The Herald recommends: Doral charter amendments
- The Herald recommends: Yes on all Miami Beach charter questions
- Back to school
- The Herald recommends, for Governor, Democratic primary
- The CIA’s shameful secrets
- Death penalty woes
- Voters beware of boleteras
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss
- Report: Famed Iranian poet Behbahani dies at 87