Scott Feldman and a few of the Houston Astros beat the rain.
The Toronto Blue Jays' spring training game at the Pittsburgh Pirates was rained out Thursday.
The spring training game between the Tampa Bay Rays and Baltimore Orioles game has been canceled because of rain.
Philadelphia pitcher Cole Hamels won't throw off a mound for at least another week after feeling fatigue from his latest throwing session.
The $50 million stadium being built for El Paso's new minor league baseball team will be called Southwest University Park.
In Kansas City, pitcher Will Smith didn't get to choose his intro music. So, of course, the team blared Will Smith jams through the speakers.
The Angels are high on the potential of the pitchers at the back end of their rotation, but they're also realistic about their limitations.
JUPITER, Fla. - The St, Louis Cardinals and third baseman Matt Carpenter are discussing a multi-year extension that would cement the leadoff hitter's place as part of the team's core.
He was emotional, opinionated and compelling, Ian Kinsler even achieving the near-impossible for one day. He made spring training interesting.
KISSIMMEE, FLA. - Back trouble isn't new for Andy Dirks.
What only a few days ago would have been a routine, inning-ending double play turned instead Wednesday into a first for Cardinals manager Mike Matheny and a rehearsal for his club.
The Los Angeles Dodgers will take the field with the usual names and numbers on their backs this season - and also targets.
The curtain came down on the home careers of St. Louis University's five seniors Wednesday night, and it came down hard.
Alex Guerrero's first home run was a grand slam for the Los Angeles Dodgers, who rolled to a 10-3 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday in spring training.
Alex Guerrero hit a grand slam and Adrian Gonzalez added a solo home run as the Los Angeles Dodgers rallied for 10-3 win over the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday night.
Bud Selig wasn't even afforded a victory lap after baseball's technical knockout of Alex Rodriguez in January.
Chris Parmelee is trying to land one of those coveted spots on Twins manager Ron Gardenhire's bench, so the last thing he needed was to report to camp with any physical ailments.
It's becoming a more crowded competition for the Texas Rangers' rotation, and that's a good thing in the mind of Tommy Hanson.
Johnny Monell went 3-for-4 with a homer and four RBI to lead a 12-hit Baltimore attack in the Orioles' 11-5 spring training win over the Minnesota Twins.
The Philadelphia Phillies were up by one run. There were two runners on and five outs separating them from a win over the Atlanta Braves.
- Colombian paramilitaries set for release
- FBI probing alleged removal of documents from CIA by Senate staffers
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Rubio wants U.S. attention on Venezuela crisis
- Obamas to visit Miami-Dade's Coral Reef High School on Friday
- Police: Man urinated on people near UF campus
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- At CPAC, Sen. Marco Rubio presses for assertive U.S. foreign policy
- Miami Hurricanes stop for spring break as Al Golden appears pleased
- Jason Dufner, four others tied at weather-affected Doral
- Miami Marlins coach Brett Butler offers expertise in running the bases
- Miami Heat falls flat against San Antonio Spurs
- Florida Panthers Luongo settles into familiar spot
- Miami Heats LeBron James plans to attend ceremony for Zydrunas Ilgauskas
- Bacardi Miami Sailing Week: Brazilians maintain lead after rough day on Biscayne Bay
- Greg Cote: Tiger Woods fizzles amid Round 1 deluge in Doral
- BritWeek Miami celebrates UK’s economic links to Florida
- Stock and housing gains put U.S. net worth at record
- Staples to close 225 stores as sales move online
- Developer can go ahead with scaled-back plans for luxury home in North Miami Beach
- Miami area negative equity fell to 29.8 percent in fourth quarter
- AT&T looks to hire 450 in Florida
- Miami’s $11.5 million movie/TV studio gets green light
- Merchants in Florida, Texas and California suie over swipe-fee surcharge bans
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- A golden brooch inspires a Vietnamese-American in search of Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Shark lovers try to save Jaws from Trinidad’s bite
- When a parent’s bookkeeper is secretive
- ‘Best ever’ strawberry cake starts with a mix
- Chickpeas a nutritious, delicious pantry staple
- A ‘terroirist’ guide to California chardonnay
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- Looking back at life from a distance
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘12 Years a Slave,’ Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey take top honors at Academy Awards
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Agent: Game show host Geoff Edwards dies at 83
- 'How We Die' author Nuland dies in Conn. at age 83
- Justin Kaplan, Bartlett's editor, dead at 88
- Pioneering Pittsburgh-area DJ Porky Chedwick dies
- French filmmaker Resnais dies at 91
- MiG jets designer Rostislav Belyakov dies aged 94