The Atlanta Braves held a two-run lead as Alex Wood cruised into the eighth inning after seven shutout innings. A sixth-straight win was inevitable for the Braves against a seemingly-listless Pittsburgh Pirates team that had lost seven games in a row.
Facing Johnny Cueto definitely brought out the best in the Cardinals' Lance Lynn.
Jake Peavy is showing signs of getting back on track, and his timing couldn't be better for the San Francisco Giants.
Even though Orioles left-hander Wei-Yin Chen fell behind early to the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night, there was no question the club's hitters could quickly take control of the game.
Matt McBride is so new to the Colorado Rockies that he doesn't even have his nameplate above his locker yet.
Mike Aviles didn't know his numbers against Ricky Nolasco going into Wednesday night's game. But he's glad his manager did.
Nick Martinez allowed two runs in six innings in his homecoming, Alex Rios drove in two runs, and the Texas Rangers roughed up Miami starter Nathan Eovaldi on the way to a 5-4 win over the Marlins on Wednesday.
Robbie Grossman broke a tie with a two-run single during a four-run seventh inning as the Houston Astros rallied for a 5-2 victory over the New York Yankees.
Rick Porcello became the latest pitcher to silence the Tampa Bay Rays.
Garrett Richards lay on the ground for several minutes, his left knee damaged and his season seemingly over.
Put aside the playoff talk. Jacoby Ellsbury and the New York Yankees are having a tough enough time with Houston.
After the Baltimore Orioles beat the Chicago White Sox 4-3 Wednesday night, Nelson Cruz said he was more focused on the team than any personal accomplishments.
Bryce Harper has a suggestion for those looking for the perfect word to describe the Washington Nationals' recent run of walk-off victories and nine straight wins overall.
The Toronto Blue Jays are contesting Creighton University's use of a new logo, saying the depiction of the school's "Bluejay" too closely resembles the logo of the major league baseball team.
Rick Porcello pitched one of the best games of his career, allowing three hits in a complete-game shutout. It was Porcello's third career shutout and all have come this season.
PITTSBURGH - The Pirates got a walk-off sacrifice fly from Gaby Sanchez Wednesday night to snap a seven game losing streak with a 3-2 win on the night their young ace returned to the mound.
The Pittsburgh Pirates were looking for a way to break their seven-game losing skid.
Rick Porcello hasn't won any Cy Young awards like three of his teammates, but he has pitched some of the better games of the season for the Detroit Tigers.
San Diego Padres outfielder Cameron Maybin was reinstated from the restricted list on Wednesday after testing positive for an amphetamine.
The Angels' pennant hopes were dealt a serious blow Wednesday night when Garrett Richards, their best pitcher this season, suffered a patellar injury to his left knee against the Boston Red Sox in Fenway Park.
- Miami-Dade report details costs to build new civil courthouse
- Duo’s car theft at Biscayne Boulevard Kmart is thwarted after gunman shows up, Miami-Dade police say
- Spaniard convicted of laundering drug profits in Miami condos and cars faces possible life sentence
- Fade to black: Leonard Maltin ending movie guides
- St. Louis police release video of shooting
- Israel kills 3 Hamas military commanders in Gaza
- Artist, entrepreneur Guy Harvey hosts community conversation at Miami Herald
- 122 South Florida companies make Inc. 5000 list
- David J. Neal: The bottom line: Miami Marlins are building a contender as long as Stanton is re-signed
- Austin Barron brings veteran experience to Seminoles’ returning O-line starters
- Greg Cote: It’s time to welcome Pete Rose back to baseball
- Westminster Academy football building on culture of winning
- Gators OC Kurt Roper says infamous Gator-on-Gator block a product of season
- Miami Central Rockets ready for Hoover in opener
- Miami Marlins have flair for the dramatic with one-run games
- New SpoolTek lure catches monster snook in dark of night
- Jungle Island to host Halloween experience
- For Brazil, World Cup success fuels hope for more tourists at Rio Olympics
- Winn-Dixie parent Bi-Lo withdraws plans to take company public
- US judge readies response to Argentina’s threats
- Brazil expands labor rights for domestic workers
- Miami Beach may ban commercial hand-billing in busy areas
- TigerDirect to hold redesign celebration in Aventura
- Perry Ellis’ second quarter net loss narrows
- Crisp and affordable, Spanish white wines won’t dent your wallet
- SeaWorld drops appeal of OSHA violation
- Sleep disorders may be behind a child’s lack of concentration
- Global cruise lines set sail for China
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- The Herald recommends: City of Miami ballot questions
- The Herald recommends: Doral charter amendments
- The Herald recommends: Yes on all Miami Beach charter questions
- Back to school
- The Herald recommends, for Governor, Democratic primary
- The CIA’s shameful secrets
- Death penalty woes
- Voters beware of boleteras
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss
- Report: Famed Iranian poet Behbahani dies at 87