This was a rare sight: Mike Trout looking overmatched at the plate.
Right fielder Chris Colabello misjudged a fly ball. Third baseman Trevor Plouffe never saw a liner hit at him. And catcher Josmil Pinto made the most glaring mistake when he threw the ball into left field for an error during a double steal.
Chicago White Sox right-hander Felipe Paulino was put on the disabled list Saturday because of right rotator cuff inflammation.
Nick Swisher admits the Cleveland Indians are scuffling.
The Texas Rangers put outfielder Jim Adduci on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a fractured left little finger.
The Chicago White Sox have placed pitcher Felipe Paulino on the 15-day disabled list with right rotator cuff inflammation.
Rick Renteria prefers positive reinforcement, usually taking the approach of building up his players.
Welington Castillo, Darwin Barney and Mike Olt all homered as the Chicago Cubs broke out of a scoring slump in an 8-4 victory over the Cincinnati Reds at Wrigley Field.
Bryce Harper hit the ball to the mound, jogged to first base and took a right turn to the dugout before getting halfway down the basepath.
Folding the laundry in his locker, cleaned fresh after a seven-game road trip, the center fielder for the Colorado Rockies ranks his career aspirations.
Royals manager Ned Yost turned to pitching coach Dave Eiland in the fifth inning Saturday and told him that Kansas City was going to have to protect a one-run lead against Minnesota.
The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated catcher Chris Stewart from the 15-day disabled list and cut first baseman Travis Ishikawa.
Two days into his second call-up of the season, Brock Holt was the center of attention in Boston's clubhouse.
Max Scherzer gave Detroit's beleaguered bullpen a bit of a breather.
After an offseason in which the Pirates did not upgrade their offense, they took to the trade market early in an attempt to do so.
Lance Lynn was sharper than he had had been all season, which made it all the more frustrating for him when he failed to make it out of the sixth inning.
Mark Buehrle has a simple explanation for his unbeaten record.
Yankees closer David Robertson pitched in an extended spring training game for the first time since being sidelined by a groin strain and expects to rejoin the team Tuesday.
Chasing a fly in deep right-center field, Giancarlo Stanton and Miami Marlins teammate Christian Yelich appeared headed for a collision, and perhaps the disabled list.
The Pittsburgh Pirates activated catcher Chris Stewart from the 15-day disabled list Saturday and optioned catcher Tony Sanchez to Triple-A Indianapolis.
- La Ermita in Coconut Grove is reenergized with help of new priest
- Mayors testimony highlights own involvement in lending schemes
- Miami is one of the most expensive places to pay rent
- 74-year-old fugitive back in Miami jail after being deported from Mexico
- Immigrants recount horror of being detained in iceboxes before transfer to South Florida
- Woman killed when car crashed into her house
- Panhandle fisherman report increase in big sharks
- 2,500 homeless fed in Miami over Easter weekend
- Company fined $5.9 million for travel to Cuba
- Star football player's arrest warrant quashed
- Woman finds body while hunting for Easter eggs
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Two Cooper City athletes sign with colleges
- Henderson Alvarez tosses two-hitter as Miami Marlins blank Mariners
- Miami Hurricanes extend streak to 14 with 3-2 win vs. Notre Dame
- Michelle Kaufman: Colombian soccer fans concerned about Radamel Falcao
- Miami Heat expects dogfight from Bobcats
- Nine-run eighth inning helps FAU beat FIU
- Miami Heat sweep would challenge rosy outlook by Bobcats Al Jefferson
- Comparisons between LeBron James, Michael Jordan inevitable in Heat-Bobcats series
- Medicare spends nearly $2 billion in South Florida
- Windridge Yacht Charters acquired by Chicago company
- Florida leads nation in new job creation
- Florida companies attract $72 million in VC funding in 1st quarter
- Riviera Focacceria Italiana now open in the Shops of Midtown Miami
- Miami Beach to host town hall meeting to discuss Beckham’s soccer proposal
- UM law students dig into healthcare policy to help a patient get life-saving treatment
- Billboard Latin Music Conference celebrates 25th anniversary next week in Miami
- Book considers the pros and cons of fracking
- Southern Cross Stargazer for April 20-26
- An empty vacation package from Expedia
- Contrasting cruises big and small:Intimate SeaDream, energetic Norwegian Getaway
- Florida: Orlando Cabaret Festival opens April 25
- Master the Art of the Cut at Carmen y Lola in Doral
- Francine Prose reconstructs a Nazi collaborator and Paris in this dazzling historical novel.
- Book assesses the impact of the Civil Rights Act 50 years later
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of April 13
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize-winning writer, dies at 87
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Works by Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Gabriel García Márquez: Master of magical realism, Nobel Prize winner dies
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Harry Russell, 93, Miami-Dade’s champion for the disabled, has died