LOS ANGELES-The men who pleaded guilty last month to the brutal Dodger Stadium beating of San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow have been indicted by a federal grand jury on a weapons charge, according to court documents.
Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg discovered he didn't have the power to make an instant replay challenge Thursday.
Sonny Gray is headed to the Oakland Athletics' rotation this year.
Jose Abreu hit his first home run as a Chicago White Sox split-squad and the Kansas City Royals tied 6-6 on Thursday.
The White Sox scored twice in the top of the ninth, and the Cactus League game between Chicago and Kansas City ended in a 6-6 tie.
Elian Herrera hit a solo home run in the seventh inning off the glove of leaping right fielder Ryan Wheeler and the Milwaukee Brewers beat the mistake-prone Colorado Rockies 5-3 Thursday.
Taylor Green's RBI single in the bottom of the eighth provided a valuable insurance run as Milwaukee topped Colorado, 5-3, in Cactus League play.
Tony Sanchez might not break camp as the Pirates' No. 1 catcher for another year, but he isn't discouraged. Nor should he be.
Tim Hudson fired three scoreless innings and Pablo Sandoval belted his first home run of the spring as the San Francisco Giants posted a 3-2 decision over the Cincinnati Reds in Cactus League play.
Fernando Rodney gave up a run and two hits in his debut with the Seattle but Jesus Montero had two singles and an RBI to help the Mariners beat a Chicago White Sox split-squad 7-4 Thursday.
Travis Wood could be in position to pitch for the Chicago Cubs on opening day and if his first start at spring training is any indication, he's going to make it a tough decision for manager Rick Renteria.
Jurickson Profar's grand slam fueled a six- run sixth inning for the Texas Rangers in an 8-4 victory over the San Diego Padres in spring training.
Cole Gillespie knocked in two runs as the Seattle Mariners topped the Chicago White Sox, 7-4, in Cactus League action.
Justin Masterson led five Cleveland hurlers on a combined nine-hit shutout in the Indians' 1-0 spring training win over the Chicago Cubs.
Ramon Flores homered and knocked in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning as the Yankees topped Philadelphia, 4-3, in Grapefruit League action.
Prince Fielder kept up his hot spring training start by lining an RBI single in a two-run first inning and then doubling in the Texas Rangers' 8-4 victory over the San Diego Padres on Thursday.
Torii Hunter puckered up next to the mouth of a wide-eyed alligator — and it was hard to tell if the fun-loving Detroit outfielder was more amused or terrified.
Derek Jeter got two hits that ended an 0-for-10 slide at the start of spring training and Masahiro Tanaka gave up a home run to Freddy Galvis in the New York Yankees' 4-3 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Thursday.
The Milwaukee Brewers have been involved a replay challenge for the first time this spring, and the review confirmed the umpire's call that their runner was safe.
Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels will not throw for a week after experiencing continued soreness in his left shoulder, the team's official site reported Thursday.
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Rubio wants U.S. attention on Venezuela crisis
- Obamas to visit Miami’s Coral Reef High School on Friday
- Police: Man urinated on people near UF campus
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- At CPAC, Sen. Marco Rubio presses for assertive U.S. foreign policy
- ALF industry hires top state regulator
- Roller coaster builder blames Six Flags for death
- Miami Heat falls flat against San Antonio Spurs
- Florida Panthers Luongo settles into familiar spot
- American Heritage, St. Thomas Aquinas to kick off 2014 football season
- Miami Hurricanes stop for spring break as Al Golden appears pleased
- Jason Dufner, four others tied at weather-affected Doral
- Bacardi Miami Sailing Week: Brazilians maintain lead after rough day on Biscayne Bay
- Greg Cote: Tiger Woods fizzles amid Round 1 deluge in Doral
- Miami Heats LeBron James plans to attend ceremony for Zydrunas Ilgauskas
- BritWeek Miami celebrates UK’s economic links to Florida
- Stock and housing gains put U.S. net worth at record
- Staples to close 225 stores as sales move online
- Developer can go ahead with scaled-back plans for luxury home in North Miami Beach
- Miami area negative equity fell to 29.8 percent in fourth quarter
- AT&T looks to hire 450 in Florida
- Miami’s $11.5 million movie/TV studio gets green light
- Merchants in Florida, Texas and California suie over swipe-fee surcharge bans
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- A golden brooch inspires a Vietnamese-American in search of Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Shark lovers try to save Jaws from Trinidad’s bite
- When a parent’s bookkeeper is secretive
- ‘Best ever’ strawberry cake starts with a mix
- Chickpeas a nutritious, delicious pantry staple
- A ‘terroirist’ guide to California chardonnay
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Looking back at life from a distance
- ‘12 Years a Slave,’ Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey take top honors at Academy Awards
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Agent: Game show host Geoff Edwards dies at 83
- 'How We Die' author Nuland dies in Conn. at age 83
- Justin Kaplan, Bartlett's editor, dead at 88
- Pioneering Pittsburgh-area DJ Porky Chedwick dies
- French filmmaker Resnais dies at 91
- MiG jets designer Rostislav Belyakov dies aged 94