The combination of Ervin Santana and Freddie Freeman might be enough to cause Chipper-esque nightmares for the New York Mets, who can at least take some solace in the fact that Santana is only signed to a one-year contract.
Roenis Elias' command was shaky, and so was his defense.
Colby Lewis had to be reminded about his last victory for the Texas Rangers. It had been a while.
Dan Haren didn't let a little thing like a four-run inning discourage him. He had plenty of confidence in his teammates' ability to get him some runs, and they didn't disappoint him against a pitcher they'd never seen before.
This winter, the Colorado Rockies demolished some 4,000 seats in Coors Field's upper deck. They installed a bar with 52 beer taps and numerous restaurants. Ryne Sandberg noticed it when the Phillies took early batting practice Friday afternoon. Fly balls, he said, did not travel deep to right like they are known to at high altitude. The Phillies' manager wondered if that trend would translate into the games.
Jordan Walden got the final out with the bases loaded after Atlanta manager Fredi Gonzalez pulled star closer Craig Kimbrel, and the Braves held off the New York Mets 7-5 Saturday night.
Initially inserted into the Colorado Rockies' rotation as a stop-gap injury replacement, Jordan Lyles has rapidly become a fixture.
Justin Upton went 3-for-5 with a three run homer and two runs scored to help the Atlanta Braves to a 7-5 win over the New York Mets in the middle test of a three-game set.
The Tampa Bay Rays followed a comeback win with a blowout victory over the New York Yankees.
Josh Reddick's season-long slump officially ended Saturday when he backed up a three-hit game with another three-hit performance, including a game-winning single with one out in the ninth inning in a 4-3 victory over the Houston Astros.
Ryan Braun already was being booed loudly and that was before he hit a two-run homer in the ninth inning.
New York Yankees right-hander Ivan Nova has left his start because of soreness in his right elbow.
White Sox leadoff hitter Adam Eaton came out of Saturday night's game at Texas after coming up gimpy while running out a grounder.
Mark Buehrle pitched shutout ball into the eighth inning and remained unbeaten this season, leading the Toronto Blue Jays over the Cleveland Indians 5-0 on Saturday.
As Henderson Alvarez discussed his two-hit victory in the Miami Marlins clubhouse, teammate Jose Fernandez served as a translator.
The Cubs appeared to get the message that manager Rick Renteria delivered to them shortly after Friday's loss to the Reds.
Edwin Jackson threw 89 pitches in 52/3 innings Saturday. But in the third, the Cubs' right-hander finished off Reds hitters Billy Hamilton, Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips with just three pitches.
Chad Qualls stared into his locker, going over how things got away from him.
Billy Butler hits baseballs. Hard. This is what he does. His father wore out a shoulder throwing him endless batting practice as a kid. Billy has worn out countless gloves and batting cage nets and daylight hours hitting baseballs. Hard. This is who he is.
Whether the Baltimore Orioles' dust-up with the Boston Red Sox on Saturday afternoon at Fenway Park galvanizes their clubhouse remains to be seen during the course of a season still in its infancy.
- La Ermita in Coconut Grove is reenergized with help of new priest
- Mayors testimony highlights own involvement in lending schemes
- Miami is one of the most expensive places to pay rent
- 74-year-old fugitive back in Miami jail after being deported from Mexico
- Immigrants recount horror of being detained in iceboxes before transfer to South Florida
- Woman killed when car crashed into her house
- Panhandle fisherman report increase in big sharks
- 2,500 homeless fed in Miami over Easter weekend
- Company fined $5.9 million for travel to Cuba
- Star football player's arrest warrant quashed
- Woman finds body while hunting for Easter eggs
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Miami Hurricanes extend streak to 14 with 3-2 win vs. Notre Dame
- Michelle Kaufman: Colombian soccer fans concerned about Radamel Falcao
- Miami Heat expects dogfight from Bobcats
- Nine-run eighth inning helps FAU beat FIU
- South Florida runners return to Boston for emotional marathon
- Comparisons between LeBron James, Michael Jordan inevitable in Heat-Bobcats series
- Mariners manager calls Miami Marlins Giancarlo Stanton a force
- Greg Cote: Miami Heat odyssey this time could be dynasty or dismantled
- Medicare spends nearly $2 billion in South Florida
- Windridge Yacht Charters acquired by Chicago company
- Florida leads nation in new job creation
- Florida companies attract $72 million in VC funding in 1st quarter
- Riviera Focacceria Italiana now open in the Shops of Midtown Miami
- Miami Beach to host town hall meeting to discuss Beckham’s soccer proposal
- UM law students dig into healthcare policy to help a patient get life-saving treatment
- Billboard Latin Music Conference celebrates 25th anniversary next week in Miami
- Book considers the pros and cons of fracking
- Southern Cross Stargazer for April 20-26
- Contrasting cruises big and small:Intimate SeaDream, energetic Norwegian Getaway
- Florida: Orlando Cabaret Festival opens April 25
- An empty vacation package from Expedia
- Master the Art of the Cut at Carmen y Lola in Doral
- Francine Prose reconstructs a Nazi collaborator and Paris in this dazzling historical novel.
- Book assesses the impact of the Civil Rights Act 50 years later
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of April 13
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize-winning writer, dies at 87
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Works by Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Gabriel García Márquez: Master of magical realism, Nobel Prize winner dies
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Harry Russell, 93, Miami-Dade’s champion for the disabled, has died