Winless since the start of June, the task doesn't get any easier for Toronto's Mark Buehrle on Friday night with the veteran scheduled to go up against a longtime adversary.
Jon Lester and the Boston Red Sox pay a visit to Tropicana Field on Friday night to kick off a three-game series against David Price and the Tampa Bay Rays.
Wade Miley eyes his fourth straight win on Friday when the Arizona Diamondbacks open a three-game series with the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizens Bank Park.
Perhaps a return home will get the Cincinnati Reds going. The Reds try to put the brakes on a six-game losing streak Friday when they open a three-game series with the Washington Nationals at Great American Ball Park.
The Miami Marlins try to keep rolling along when they step into Minute Maid Park on Friday night to begin a three-game interleague series with the Houston Astros.
MINNEAPOLIS - Chicago White Sox pitcher Hector Noesi said he has tried to approach his starts recently "with the attitude that I'm going to get here and do my job."
CHICAGO-The dog days have arrived early for the Chicago Cubs.
The Chicago Cubs, who have lost 13 of their last 16 games, dropped two out of three to the San Diego Padres after Thursday night's 13-3 trouncing at Wrigley Field.
ANAHEIM, Calif.-In the opposing clubhouse before Thursday's game, Garrett Richards was a palpable presence. He subtly invaded conversations. His stat line drew admiring chuckles.
SEATTLE-On a day when they traded for a designated hitter presumably to bolster their tepid offense, the Seattle Mariners served up another frustrating reminder of why they made the deal to acquire Kendrys Morales and why they may need to make a one or two more deals for additional help.
KANSAS CITY, Mo.-Nori Aoki spread his arms and waited. At 11:34 p.m., four hours and 23 minutes after an interminable, preposterous night at the ballpark began, the Royals rushed to greet him in the dirt near second base.
After watching his teammates take the lead with three runs during a 30-pitch fifth inning by Max Scherzer, Garrett Richards gave up three runs in the sixth. As a result, the right-hander's streak of seven straight wins is over.
After their 4-0 loss to the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday night, the Seattle Mariners were left with a three-game losing streak and a state of confusion.
Corey Kluber took a perfect game into the seventh inning, and couldn't have pitched much better.
You would never know the San Diego Padres have the lowest team batting average in the major leagues by the way they hit against the Chicago Cubs and starter Edwin Jackson.
Max Scherzer got the better of the up-and- coming Garrett Richards as the Detroit Tigers snuck past the Angels, 6-4, in the opener of a four-game series.
The day after the Detroit Tigers traded for Texas Rangers closer Joakim Soria, Joe Nathan made a point of showing why he is still manager Brad Ausmus' No. 1 option in the ninth inning.
Wie-Yen Chen threw one of his finest games in the major leagues, allowing just five hits over eight innings in Baltimore's 4-0 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Thursday night.
Wei-Yin Chen matched a career high with eight innings pitched as the Baltimore Orioles defeated the Seattle Mariners, 4-0, in the opener of a four-game set on Thursday.
After four hours, 23 minutes and a dozen pitchers combining to throw 397 pitches, Nori Aoki gave the Kansas City Royals a win.
- Battle between FIU and Miami-Dade Youth Fair over location goes public with dueling letters
- Questions remain in shooting death of FSU professor
- Congress passes law promoting transparency in Haiti’s reconstruction
- Phone records lead to arrest in murder of Miami-Dade teen
- Florida poll: More than 7 in 10 voters concerned about climate change, back EPA action plan
- Miami-Dade’s 836, 112 expressways to close at night to install toll equipment
- Curt Clawson becomes latest Flori-duh rep over India gaffe
- Why won't Florida GOP leaders talk about trips to King Ranch in Texas?
- Miami Hurricanes players dazzling with speed and strength
- Miami Dolphins’ Stephen Ross intends to be boss for long time
- Miami Heat still non-committal on Michael Beasley, Greg Oden
- With stability in Conference USA (finally), FIU and others ready to establish rivalries
- Mini-slump frustrates Miami Marlins’ Casey McGehee
- Armando Salguero: More questions than answers for Miami Dolphins
- Greg Cote: Year 3 means proving ground for Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill
- Miami Marlins Jarrod Saltalamacchia struggling defensively
- BankUnited reports lower second quarter profit, exits auto lending
- International Finance Bank pays $70,000 fine for alleged deceptive advertising
- Norwegian Cruise Line giving away cruise in hunt
- Carnival Cruise Line huddles up with Dallas Cowboys
- Developers buy 6.2 acres along the Miami River, including Finnegan’s River, with plans to create Miami Riverwalk
- SEC files charges against two South Florida men allegedly involved in a boiler room scheme
- Royal Caribbean profits surge in second quarter
- Practical tips for growing small businesses into middle-market businesses
- Healthy eating options are plentiful, and fun, when giving children food for life
- Music, games make kids exercise fun
- Florida: Tarpon Springs Hippiefest set for Aug. 16
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- Thirtieth anniversary White Party 2014 to be Nov. 29 at Perez Art Museum Miami
- Carolyn Hax: In-laws say the meanest things
- Dear Abby: Guest howls over dog’s attendance at wedding
- Seven-day menu planner
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 20
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Zany underwater music festival in Florida Keys still a hit
- Life’s not easy in the islands
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Correction: Obit-Thomas Berger story