Chris Davis' leadoff home run in the 10th inning gave the Baltimore Orioles a 2-1 victory over the Seattle Mariners in the second of a four-game set.
Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros hope his latest start is a big step in the right direction.
For the first five innings, the Los Angeles Angels barely had a chance against Detroit's Drew Smyly.
For the second straight game, Cleveland reliever John Axford gave up the winning hit.
This time the Pittsburgh Pirates could not overcome a great outing from Brett Anderson.
A look at Hall of Fame inductees Frank Thomas, Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, Joe Torre, Tony La Russa and Bobby Cox going into Sunday's induction ceremonies:
Joe Torre still needs a pinch or two, just to make sure.
Frank Thomas was always driven to excel, and that sure served him well.
Too bad for Kevin Correia, it was a good night for hitting at Target Field.
David Price won his sixth start in a row, Evan Longoria hit a three-run double and the Tampa Bay Rays earned their eighth straight victory, beating the Boston Red Sox 6-4 on Friday night.
Wade Miley was on a roll in July until he cooled off against the Phillies.
Milwaukee Brewers manager Ron Roenicke was feeling pretty good Friday night.
Jason Hammel, the other pitcher the Oakland Athletics got in the trade with Jeff Samardzija , is still adjusting to his new team. And is still without a victory.
Alex Wood's shoulders slumped as he turned to watch Tommy Medica's grounder skip into center field to open the fifth inning.
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim outfielder Josh Hamilton left Friday's game against the Detroit Tigers with a sore left knee.
Brett Anderson left Friday night's game before he wanted to. Still, he was a winner for the first time in 15 months.
Brett Anderson cruised into the seventh inning before he was lifted because of a developing blister on his hand, and the Colorado Rockies beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 8-1 Friday in the opener of a three-game series.
Jon Lester was good and David Price was a little better Friday night, resulting in a fourth straight loss for the Boston Red Sox.
Mark Buehrle was generous with his teammates Friday, buying five of them suits.
- Miami-Dade demolished active-duty soldiers home
- Battle between FIU and Miami-Dade Youth Fair over location goes public with dueling letters
- Congress passes law promoting transparency in Haiti’s reconstruction
- Phone records lead to arrest in murder of Miami-Dade teen
- Florida poll: More than 7 in 10 voters concerned about climate change, back EPA action plan
- Miami-Dade’s 836, 112 expressways to close at night to install toll equipment
- Curt Clawson becomes latest Flori-duh rep over India gaffe
- Why won't Florida GOP leaders talk about trips to King Ranch in Texas?
- Miami Dolphins’ Stephen Ross intends to be boss for long time
- With stability in Conference USA (finally), FIU and others ready to establish rivalries
- Miami Hurricanes players dazzling with speed and strength
- Armando Salguero: More questions than answers for Miami Dolphins
- Greg Cote: Year 3 means proving ground for Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill
- Mini-slump frustrates Miami Marlins’ Casey McGehee
- Miami Dolphins’ revamped offensive line off to sloppy start at training camp
- Miami Heat still non-committal on Michael Beasley, Greg Oden
- Convention center overhaul forcing travel trade show out of Miami Beach
- Norwegian Cruise Line adding more craft to cocktail program
- BankUnited reports lower second quarter profit, exits auto lending
- International Finance Bank pays $70,000 fine for alleged deceptive advertising
- Norwegian Cruise Line giving away cruise in hunt
- Carnival Cruise Line huddles up with Dallas Cowboys
- Developers buy 6.2 acres along the Miami River, including Finnegan’s River, with plans to create Miami Riverwalk
- SEC files charges against two South Florida men allegedly involved in a boiler room scheme
- Resort won’t accept my Travelzoo voucher
- Ask Nancy: What to do when your elderly neighbor needs help
- Southern Cross Stargazer for July 27-Aug. 2, 2014
- How do condo owners find a competent manager?
- A single mom, her kids and a tech millionaire in trouble hit the road in Jojo Moyes’ comic ‘One Plus One’
- Healthy eating options are plentiful, and fun, when giving children food for life
- Music, games make kids exercise fun
- Florida: Tarpon Springs Hippiefest set for Aug. 16
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 20
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Zany underwater music festival in Florida Keys still a hit
- Life’s not easy in the islands
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52
- Correction: Obit-Thomas Berger story