The Oakland Athletics have rallied to win game after game this season after trailing late.
A comfortable lead in the division helps the Washington Nationals minimize getting swept.
Sam Fuld's homer in the ninth capped a three-run inning as the Oakland Athletics defeated the Houston Astros, 5-4, in the rubber match of a three-game set on Wednesday.
Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Scott Van Slyke suffered a mild right ankle sprain in the fourth inning of Wednesday's game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
After more than a week of losing, the Chicago White Sox needed their star to find the win column again.
The Twins' Phil Hughes was so sharp through seven innings Wednesday night that Royals manager Ned Yost kept looking up at the scoreboard and doing a double-take.
The Baltimore Orioles thought they got a break when division rival Tampa Bay traded former Cy Young winner David Price to Detroit last month.
Billy Butler and Salvador Perez each knocked in two runs during a six-run eighth inning as the Kansas City Royals beat the Minnesota Twins, 6-1, in the second test of a three-game series.
Doug Fister, owner of the National League's third-best ERA before Wednesday, threw Grady Sizemore a two-strike curveball. The pitch was higher than Sizemore's long red socks, and the 32-year-old survivor of seven surgeries in five years smashed it. A crowd that gathered Wednesday to celebrate a Little League team erupted.
CHICAGO -The White Sox brought a season-high seven-game losing streak into Wednesday's game against Cleveland, and faced one of the best pitchers in the league in the Indians' Corey Kluber. They won 3-2 on Jose Abreu's seventh inning, RBI single.
Drew Smyly tossed seven solid innings and the Tampa Bay Rays held off the Baltimore Orioles, 3-1, in the third test of a four-game series.
Every now and then, Albert Pujols reminds us of what he once did on a remarkably regular basis, unleashing the efficient, potent swings that were his trademark when he was voted the National League most valuable player three times and was one of the top power hitters of his generation, or any other.
With his father watching from the stands, Jorge Soler had quite a Cubs debut.
Junichi Tazawa thought he'd solved his struggles against the Toronto Blue Jays.
KANSAS CITY - The chants overlapped as Nori Aoki stepped toward the plate. From both sides of Kauffman Stadium, the fans threw their voices out toward the diamond, their voices mixing but not muddling. The words were simple, "Let's go, Royals," but the volume only increased.
CINCINNATI - The Cubs had their modest four-game winning streak snapped Wednesday night as shoddy fielding contributed to the 7-5 loss to the Reds at Great American Ball Park.
Los Angeles Dodgers left fielder Scott Van Slyke left Wednesday night's game against Arizona with what the team called a mild right ankle sprain.
Grady Sizemore and Marlon Byrd each hit two-run homers to lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a three-game sweep of the Washington Nationals with an 8-4 win on Wednesday.
Mat Latos pitched into the eighth inning and Skip Schumaker drove in two runs in Cincinnati's 7-5 victory over the Chicago Cubs at Great American Ball Park.
Here come the Philadelphia Phillies a tad too late.
- Pembroke Pines police bust Miami Fire Lt. in online sex sting
- Teachers union, school board association to challenge school voucher program
- Florida Supreme Court asked to rule on gay marriage
- Migrant crisis: Group asks feds for equal rights for Haitians
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69
- Mistrial declared for Medley man accused of killing 423-pound man
- Sarkisian: USC looking into Shaw's heroic story
- IMF chief Lagarde under investigation in France
- Wild-card chances diminish as Miami Marlins fall to Angels
- Daniel Thomas battling to keep job with Miami Dolphins
- Sunset stuns South Miami in football season-opener
- Miami Heat signs veteran shooting guard Shannon Brown
- Ex-Canes star Lamar Thomas to coach against alma mater when Louisville faces UM
- Miami Marlins’ Giancarlo Stanton refuses to give clues on long-term future
- Florida State Seminoles will schedule walk-through at AT&T Stadium
- Nathan Eovaldi, Miami Marlins pummeled by Angels
- Melia Hotels announces spring opening for ME Miami
- Senior scams more prevalent as population ages
- Advocates for poor say Jackson Health System bars needy from charity care
- Programs protect plants and animals along path of the Panama Canal expansion
- Le Pain Quotidien scouting for four locations in Miami-Dade
- Royal Caribbean rolls out new tech for Quantum of the Seas
- Case-Shiller: Miami area home prices rose 11.5 percent in June
- Q&A with Maurice Ferré: What’s next after MAKO?
- Weekend meal recipes: Shrimp risotto, chile-chocolate brownies
- Weekday meal planner: Cubano dogs for Friday
- Carolyn Hax: One person can make a big difference standing up for another
- Farm fresh: A guide to South Florida farmers markets
- Plum salsa puts grilled pork tenderloin over the top
- Oatmeal epiphanies: Gluten-free and pod-ready
- Pro tip: Indent your burgers for even Labor Day grilling
- Exercise-induced asthma can develop suddenly, but can be managed with a pulmonologist
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- William Greaves, TV host and filmmaker, dead at 87
- Pioneering Egyptian civil rights lawyer dies at 63
- Bulgarian poet Valeri Petrov dies
- Longtime Tennessee civil rights lawyer dies at 86
- Peruvian journalist Zileri dead at 83
- Correction: Obit-Sperling story
- Correction: Britain-Obit-Richard Attenborough
- Oglala Sioux leader Gerald One Feather dies