Ryan Jackson smacked a two-run homer and the San Diego Padres blanked the Colorado Rockies, 5-0, in spring training action.
Matt Cain pitched five perfect innings for the San Francisco Giants on Monday, but the Chicago Cubs rallied for a 3-2 victory.
Yu Darvish pitched five positive innings and Jurickson Profar homered as the Texas Rangers beat the Cincinnati Reds 8-2 Monday.
Christian Villanueva scored the go-ahead run on a throwing error in the top of the seventh inning, lifting the Chicago Cubs to a 3-2 win over the San Francisco Giants on Monday in spring training action.
Andrew Cashner threw four more scoreless innings Monday in the San Diego Padres' 5-0 win over the Colorado Rockies.
Adam Rosales and Elvis Andrus each drove in a pair of runs as the Texas Rangers took an 8-2 win over the Cincinnati Reds in spring training action.
Two-time AL MVP Miguel Cabrera hit his first two home runs of spring training and AL Cy Young Award winner Max Scherzer struck out five in 4 2-3 scoreless innings Monday during the Detroit Tigers' 17-5 romp over the St. Louis Cardinals.
Javier Baez made it easy to pay attention to him.
Johnny Monell's RBI single in the eighth inning gave the Baltimore Orioles a 7-6 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates in Grapefruit League action.
Jon Lester fired three scoreless innings and David Ortiz hit his first home run of the spring to help the Boston Red Sox claim a 6-2 Grapefruit League victory over the Tampa Bay Rays.
Giancarlo Stanton and Derek Dietrich both hit two-run homers in the Miami Marlins' 11-1 drubbing of the New York Mets in Grapefruit League play.
Jon Lester allowed one hit over three scoreless innings in his delayed first spring training start and David Ortiz hit his first home run of the exhibition season Monday as the Boston Red Sox beat the Tampa Bay Rays 6-2.
Miguel Cabrera went 3-for-4 with a pair of two-run homers and Nick Castellanos added a three-run shot as the Detroit Tigers hammered the St. Louis Cardinals 17-5 in Grapefruit League play.
Dan Uggla hit a two-run homer and Jason Heyward added a solo shot as the Atlanta Braves pounded the Philadelphia Phillies 8-1 in Grapefruit League action.
After a long drive went just foul, Giancarlo Stanton was determined to at least swing hard.
Brandon Beachy became the second straight Atlanta starting pitcher to leave early because of an arm problem, exiting the Braves' 8-1 win over the Philadelphia Phillies on Monday because of tightness around his right elbow.
Russell Martin hit his fourth home run of a torrid spring training Monday, but Steve Pearce and Michael Almanzar each hit two-run homers to lead the Baltimore Orioles to a 7-6 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates.
The lineup flap between the Boston Red Sox and Miami Marlins seems to have simmered down.
As the disappointment has diminished, Cameron Maybin can now marvel at his seemingly never-ending bad luck.
Former pitcher John Smoltz will work as an analyst for Fox's Major League Baseball telecasts.
- 'Burger King baby' now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- 16 cases of mumps reported in Ohio State outbreak
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Coral Gables billionaire Mike Fernandez strongly backing Gov. Rick Scott
- Call for charges in street artist Israel ‘Reefa‘ Hernandez-Llach‘s death
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Caribbean Community leaders want formal apology from Europe for slavery
- Miami Marlins Steve Cishek knows pressure of being the closer
- Miami Heat tops Washington Wizards as Dwyane Wade carries team late
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes is planted in right spot
- Miami Dolphins reach deal with safety Louis Delmas; cut cornerback Dimitri Patterson
- Miami Country Day boys basketball coach Bryan Parizo steps down after 25 years
- American Heritage girls tennis team routs Archbishop McCarthy
- Greg Cote: Miami Dolphins have cash to rebuild, but the onus is on Dennis Hickey
- Miami Heats Dwyane Wade plays back to back
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Business group to represent Alton store owners in Miami Beach
- Dadeland Mall’s terrace dining is kicking off
- 18 banks get top ratings from BauerFinancial; four get lowest ratings
- Israeli cruise passengers denied entry to Tunisia
- McDonald’s sales dragged down by fourth-straight drop
- Construction underway on new AC Hotel by Marriott
- American Air says asset sales totaled $381 million
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies