Troy Tulowitzki hit two long home runs and impressed in the field on Friday, leading the Colorado Rockies to a 7-2 victory over a Los Angeles Angels split squad.
Listed second on Friday's pitching schedule tacked to a board in the Phillies' clubhouse was "Gonzalez 2-3." Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez threw 31 pitches in one inning, and that was enough for Bob McClure, even though the plan called for more. The pitching coach waved at the bullpen from the dugout.
Scott Kazmir pitched three sharp innings in his Oakland debut, sending the Athletics to a 2-0 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday.
Adam Dunn drove in his first two runs of the spring as the Chicago White Sox edged the Cincinnati Reds 4-3 on Friday.
Chris Heisey belted a pair of two-run homers to help the Cincinnati Reds outslug the Seattle Mariners, 10-9, in a Cactus League matchup.
Chris Valaika's two-run double in the ninth inning lifted the Chicago Cubs to a 3-2 win over the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in Cactus League action.
Chris Heisey is confident in knowing he doesn't have to put a lot of pressure on himself to make the Cincinnati Reds' major league roster out of spring training. A seasoned veteran and valuable fourth outfielder, he can focus on more specialized parts of his game.
Edwin Jackson allowed three runs and four hits in three innings for the Cubs while Carlos Carrasco struck out six of his 12 batters in leading the Cleveland Indians over a Chicago split-squad 7-2 Friday.
Los Angeles Angels lefty Hector Santiago kept up his push for a starting spot, pitching four shutout innings Friday in a 3-2 loss to the Chicago Cubs in a split-squad game.
Tyson Ross pitched hitless ball for the second straight start, helping the San Diego Padres beat the Milwaukee Brewers 6-2 Friday.
Troy Tulowitzki belted a pair of homers and knocked in three runs in Colorado's 7-2 spring training win over the Angels.
Mike Aviles slugged a two-run homer and scored twice to fuel Cleveland's 7-2 decision over the Chicago Cubs in Cactus League play.
Hanley Ramirez returned to the lineup and hit his first homer this spring, a two-run shot in the first inning that sent the Los Angeles Dodgers over the Texas Rangers 2-1 Friday.
Cody Decker hit a two-run double in his lone at-bat to lead the San Diego Padres to a 6-2 win over the Milwaukee Brewers in Cactus League play.
Tim Lincecum pitched three strong innings and Hunter Pence homered as the San Francisco Giants beat the Kansas City Royals 5-0 on Friday.
Hanley Ramirez's two-run homer in the first inning proved to be the difference as the Los Angeles Dodgers edged the Texas Rangers, 2-1, in Cactus League action.
Adam Dunn hit a pair of RBI singles and the Chicago White Sox beat a split squad of Cincinnati Reds 4-3 Friday.
Tim Lincecum tossed three scoreless innings, while Hunter Pence and Mark Minicozzi slugged a solo homer each as San Francisco claimed a 5-0 decision over Kansas City in Cactus League action.
Five Oakland pitchers, led by starter Scott Kazmir, tossed a five-hit shutout as Oakland silenced Arizona, 2-0, in Cactus League play.
Chris Colabello went 3-for-3 and hit an RBI single in the ninth inning to give the Minnesota Twins a 6-5 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates in Grapefruit League play.
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- FSU names interim president; no front-runner considered
- Judge wants more oversight, tougher penalties for Miami-Dade sewer mandate
- Rick Scott touts 'record funding' for environmental protection in State of the State speech
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives
- Massachusetts OKs bill outlawing 'upskirt' photos
- Officer says US general sexually assaulted her
- Judge: Sharper can't be held indefinitely in jail
- Linda Robertson: Breathtaking seamanship at Bacardi Miami Sailing Week
- Longtime Miami Dolphins PR executive Harvey Greene gets new post with team
- Archbishop McCarthy baseball routs American Heritage, makes statement
- LeBron James complaint about Miami Heats sleeved jerseys turns into a familiar circus
- David J. Neal: Theres no place to hide for Trump National Dorals many victims
- Miami Marlins Henderson Alvarez picks up where he left off
- In return to Florida Panthers, goalie Roberto Luongo pitches shutout of Buffalo Sabres
- Long, winding road for Miami Hurricanes seniors coming to an end
- Karl Lagerfeld to design Macau hotel
- Bitcoin too volatile an investment without consumer protections
- 'Tsunami' of store closings predicted for U.S. retailers
- Renovation complete at Courtyard Cadillac in Miami Beach
- Get the perfect panoramic with Motrr Galileo
- Should you consider U.S. Treasury's new floating rate notes?
- Miami’s retail landscape is exploding, developer Jeff Berkowitz tells attendees at Akerman conference
- Turnberry Associates files drawings for its planned expansion at Aventura Mall
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- Street medicine brings healthcare to Miami’s homeless
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘12 Years a Slave,’ Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey take top honors at Academy Awards
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93
- Former TV academy president Hank Rieger dies
- Wife of longtime Yankee Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92