Denard Span scored from second on third baseman Jordan Pacheco's throwing error in the ninth inning, and the Washington Nationals stretched their winning streak to 10 games with a 1-0 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Thursday.
The Los Angeles Angels are going to be without Garrett Richards for a playoff run.
Denard Span and the Washington Nationals ran off with another victory.
The Chicago Cubs have placed struggling right-hander Edwin Jackson on the 15-day disabled list with a lat strain, and they have also put shortstop Starlin Castro on the bereavement list.
Angels pitcher Garrett Richards has a tear in the patellar tendon in his left knee. The extent of his injury was determined after an MRI Thursday in Los Angeles.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Other than perfection, one couldn't have asked David Price for more than what he gave in his first start against his former team.
Corey Kluber has pitched so well for Cleveland this summer he's put himself in the conversation about the American League Cy Young Award.
Gordon Beckham faced speculation from the start of the 2014 season that his tenure with the White Sox might be nearing an end, and on Thursday his departure became reality.
The Chicago Cubs placed right-handed pitcher Edwin Jackson on the 15-day disabled list with a right lat strain and put shortstop Starlin Castro on the bereavement list Thursday
Chris Rock almost made the play of the day at Yankee Stadium.
The Los Angeles Angels have acquired second baseman Gordon Beckham in a trade with the Chicago White Sox.
David Price felt he's never pitched better. He still lost.
The march toward 100 losses for the Texas Rangers is plowing ahead, and there appears to be no practical way to keep them from hitting triple-digits.
The Chicago Cubs placed shortstop Starlin Castro on the bereavement list on Thursday.
The Reds revamped their struggling bullpen before the start of a series against Atlanta on Thursday, sending right-handers J.J. Hoover and Carlos Contreras to Triple-A Louisville.
The last time Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros saw Brandon McCarthy, he looked a lot different.
David Price retired 23 batters in a row after the Tampa Bay Rays scored an unearned run in the first inning on Thursday.
MINNEAPOLIS - When the Twins finally broke their scoreless streak on Thursday, they trashed Corey Kluber's winning streak with it.
Phil Hughes has been pitching with a cracked nail on his right index finger, a common side effect of the sharp curveball he throws. He's kept the nail intact with super glue.
The Tampa Bay Rays overcame a masterful performance by David Price.
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Barcelona soccer academy coming to Fort Lauderdale
- Duo’s car theft at Biscayne Boulevard Kmart is thwarted after gunman shows up, Miami-Dade police say
- Spaniard convicted of laundering drug profits in Miami condos and cars faces possible life sentence
- Fade to black: Leonard Maltin ending movie guides
- St. Louis police release video of shooting
- Israel kills 3 Hamas military commanders in Gaza
- 122 South Florida companies make Inc. 5000 list
- Greg Cote: It’s time to welcome Pete Rose back to baseball
- Miami Central Rockets ready for Hoover in opener
- Miami Marlins have flair for the dramatic with one-run games
- Improvement in consistency for Miami Dolphins’ Will Davis
- Miami Hurricanes enjoy surplus of talented cornerbacks
- St. Thomas Aquinas Raiders start fast in prep for opener
- In-shape Calvin Heurtelou adjusts to Miami Hurricanes’ 3-4 defense
- Florida State Seminoles focused on opener against Oklahoma State Cowboys
- Jungle Island to host Halloween experience
- For Brazil, World Cup success fuels hope for more tourists at Rio Olympics
- Winn-Dixie parent Bi-Lo withdraws plans to take company public
- US judge readies response to Argentina’s threats
- Brazil expands labor rights for domestic workers
- Miami Beach may ban commercial hand-billing in busy areas
- TigerDirect to hold redesign celebration in Aventura
- Perry Ellis’ second quarter net loss narrows
- Crisp and affordable, Spanish white wines won’t dent your wallet
- SeaWorld drops appeal of OSHA violation
- Sleep disorders may be behind a child’s lack of concentration
- Global cruise lines set sail for China
- No slime: Indian dish brings out the best of okra
- Cats can pick up virus at vet’s, but they can also transmit it themselves
- 7 new ways to build a 7-layer salad
- Water bath takes some bite out of bitter radicchio
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- The Herald recommends: City of Miami ballot questions
- The Herald recommends: Doral charter amendments
- The Herald recommends: Yes on all Miami Beach charter questions
- Back to school
- The Herald recommends, for Governor, Democratic primary
- The CIA’s shameful secrets
- Death penalty woes
- Voters beware of boleteras
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former AP photo editor Toby Massey dies
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss