The Boston Red Sox are looking like a team that'll be playing out the string a little early this season.
As the game went one with no hint that either team was capable of scoring, Arizona catcher Miguel Montero became philosophical.
Everything that went wrong for Kyle Lohse on Monday night happened in the sixth inning, and that was enough to get him beaten.
J.P. Arencibia hit a go-ahead two-run single as part of a four-run fifth inning and the Texas Rangers defeated the New York Yankees, 4-2, in the opener of a three-game set.
The Mets were smacking doubles off A.J. Burnett. The Phillies mostly managed singles off Bartolo Colon.
After scoring six runs in the last four games, Houston's offense went on a homer spree.
Tsuyoshi Wada pitched seven innings to lead the Chicago Cubs to a 4-1 win over the Colorado Rockies to begin a four-game series.
Texas Rangers ace Yu Darvish could only smile after Brett Gardner homered off of him for the third time in a week.
After nine seasons in Japan and three years in the minor leagues, Cubs starter Tsuyoshi Wada finally picked up that elusive first major league victory.
Jason Castro and Marc Krauss hit back-to- back home runs during a four-run sixth and the Houston Astros took down the Oakland Athletics on Monday, 7-3, in the opener of a three-game set.
Jeff Baker's RBI single capped a four-run ninth inning for the Miami Marlins, who rallied to beat the Washington Nationals, 7-6, in the opener of a three-game set.
Melky Cabrera smacked a pair of homers, including a three-run shot as part of a nine-run sixth inning, as the Toronto Blue Jays routed the Boston Red Sox, 14-1, in the opener of a three-game set.
The Miami Marlins mounted an improbable rally Monday against first-place Washington, and they're thinking they can come from behind in the NL East standings, too.
Melky Cabrera's second homer sailed over the left field wall and smashed a car window across the street.
Braves starter Ervin Santana was dominating the Padres but, somehow, outfielder-turned-pitcher Jason Lane was doing the same to the Braves for most of Monday afternoon.
The trade the Los Angeles Dodgers completed Monday didn't involve Matt Kemp or any of their other high-priced outfielders.
Bartolo Colon pitched into the eighth inning and Travis d'Arnaud hit a three-run home run as the New York Mets thumped the Philadelphia Phillies, 7-1, in the opener of a three-game series.
Bartolo Colon let the trade talk get to him — a dozen years ago, when he was dealt from the Indians to the Expos.
Jake Odorizzi tossed seven solid innings and the Tampa Bay Rays beat the Milwaukee Brewers, 2-1, in the opener of a three-game series.
Jake Odorizzi helped the Tampa Bay Rays get a bounceback win.
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach dies
- Miami home price rose 13.2 percent in May, S&P/Case-Shiller reports
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Shelling adds to mounting civilian toll in Ukraine
- Vets, teens transplant corals in Florida Keys
- 2 dead in head-on crash west of Miccosukee casino
- Obama mulls large-scale move on immigration
- Fighting in Ukraine prompts residents to flee
- UM QB Jake Heaps: ‘I didn’t come here to be a backup’
- Miami Dolphins rookie wide receiver Jarvis Landry catching on real fast
- Micky Arison reassures Miami Heat fans: We are not done
- Miami Marlins’ stunning rally in ninth tops Nationals
- Mike Hill: Miami Marlins won’t be sellers
- Resurgent Miami Marlins cap 6-1 road trip with three-game sweep of Houston Astros
- Continued surge could put Miami Marlins in buy mode for a starting pitcher
- Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller hopes to thrive in Bill Lazors new offense
- Miami startup SportsManias receives $3.5 million in investor funding
- Consumers asked to verify income, other information — or risk losing government subsidies for health insurance
- With new ships, Norwegian second-quarter earnings improve
- Bonjour Television Network will offer four channels for French-speaking viewers in the United States
- Latest designer condo: FENDI Château Residences
- Study: Miami’s economic recovery ranks No. 18 in U.S.
- Equinox acquiring Sports Club/LA, including club on Miami’s Brickell Avenue
- AT&T activates 7 more South Florida cell sites
- Wake up your slacking muscles
- Carolyn Hax: Whether the host or the guest, parent can’t relax
- Dear Abby: Son’s clumsiness may have a physical cause
- Fit tip: Do compression sleeves work?
- Candy-bar ‘bites’ take a bite out of wallets
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: How much sleep do I really need? Or, 7 is the new 8
- Pile this orzo pilaf onto your plate
- Jock Doc: New advances in hip-replacement surgery can help in the long term
- A branch of O Cinema may be coming to North Beach
- Comic-Con 2014: Hollywood stirs fan fervor
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 27
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Seattle Mayor Paul Schell dies
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52