Marcus Stroman was so good against the Boston Red Sox last week that he went with the same plan Tuesday night.
Hisashi Iwakuma kept his road record spotless with one minor blemish.
SAN FRANCISCO - Right-hander Matt Cain is on his way to see Dr. James Andrews, according to a team source.
Alex Cobb pitched, Ben Zobrist hit and the Tampa Bay Rays won again.
The Atlanta Braves placed rookie right- handed relief pitcher Shae Simmons on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday due to a right shoulder strain.
Alex Cobb gave up just three hits and had a season-high 12 strikeouts in eight innings to lead the Tampa Bay Rays to a 5-1 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - There was no reason to believe it ended Tuesday at 9:27 p.m. with an 87-mph cutter that Daniel Murphy rolled to second base. Cole Hamels did not pause for a moment to savor his effort, eight shutout innings in a 6-0 Phillies win over the Mets. On Sunday afternoon, he should arrive at Nationals Park for his 264th career start, all with the Phillies.
The San Diego Padres have reinstated shortstop Everth Cabrera from the 15-day disabled list and designated left-hander Jason Lane for assignment.
Cole Hamels needed only one run. Chase Utley's grand slam made sure he had plenty.
The bullpen was depleted. The Reds' offense was thread-bare. Mike Leake took care of both problems.
Detroit Tigers rookie shortstop Eugenio Suarez left Tuesday's game against the Chicago White Sox in the fourth inning with lower back tightness.
San Francisco Giants right-hander Matt Cain plans to meet with specialist Dr. James Andrews this week to get a second opinion on his injured elbow.
The Chicago Cubs placed relief pitcher Neil Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday with right triceps soreness.
In one of their craziest scouting experiences, the Minnesota Twins have reached a deal with a 24-year-old pitching prospect who has thrown 100 mile per hour fastballs but has never been drafted.
San Diego, CA (Sports Network) - The Chicago Cubs claimed pitcher Neil Ramirez off waivers on Friday to complete a July 22 trade with the Texas Rangers.
The Chicago Cubs have put right-handed reliever Neil Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list with a sore triceps.
The Colorado Rockies have activated first baseman Justin Morneau and left-handed pitcher Boone Logan from the disabled list.
The Alameda County Board of Supervisors has voted to approve a 10-year lease extension to keep the Athletics in Oakland.
The Colorado Rockies activated first baseman Justin Morneau from the 15-day disabled list Tuesday among a flurry of roster moves.
Tampa Bay Rays ace David Price says he hopes to stay with the team as the trade deadline approaches.
- Sweetwater worker fired for creating company on city time
- Obama, EU slap tough sanctions on certain of Russia's sectors
- A federal appeals court upholds $67 million jury award and sanctions in Rothstein-related case
- ‘Ride for hire’ being considered
- Source: Miami Heat to host LeBron James, Cavaliers on Christmas
- Young Jewish professionals launch crowdsourcing fundraiser to buy new buses for bubbies
- New, spa-like maternity unit opens at Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Two more suspected victims come forward in Coconut Grove spa groping case
- UM coach Al Golden goes through the ‘car wash’ at ESPN headquarters
- Miami Dolphins excited by new offense, but execution a work in progress
- FWC urges safety for divers during lobster miniseason
- Giancarlo Stanton, Henderson Alvarez help Miami Marlins get back to .500
- Thrilling rally reminiscent of Miami Marlins team in 2003
- Miami Dolphins’ woes at center continue with injury to backup Sam Brenner
- St. Thomas Aquinas’ Alex Armenteros named track anf field coach of the year
- Miami Marlins’ stunning rally in ninth tops Nationals
- Ultimate Software reports higher profits, sales
- Florida’s working poor fall into Affordable Care Act ‘coverage gap’
- Fostering diversity in the workplace: how to navigate the challenges
- Spirit Airlines sees profits rise in second quarter
- River Oyster Bar moving to new Miami spot
- Kreps DeMaria PR & Marketing and New York firm form global alliance
- Miami home price rose 13.2 percent in May, S&P/Case-Shiller reports
- Miami startup SportsManias receives $3.5 million in investor funding
- Seven-day menu planner: Start the week with honey-roasted pork
- Wake up your slacking muscles
- Carolyn Hax: Whether the host or the guest, parent can’t relax
- Dear Abby: Son’s clumsiness may have a physical cause
- Fit tip: Do compression sleeves work?
- Candy-bar ‘bites’ take a bite out of wallets
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: How much sleep do I really need? Or, 7 is the new 8
- Pile this orzo pilaf onto your plate
- A branch of O Cinema may be coming to North Beach
- Comic-Con 2014: Hollywood stirs fan fervor
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 27
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Last crew member of Enola Gay dies in Georgia
- Kentucky basketball legend Wah Wah Jones dies
- Kentucky basketball legend Wah Wah Jones dies
- Italian tenor Bergonzi dies at age 90
- Former Seattle Mayor Paul Schell dies
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'