San Francisco Giants right-hander Yusmeiro Petit has set a major league record by retiring 46 consecutive batters.
Brad Ausmus saw the ball come off Brian McCann's bat and sail toward the foul pole in right field, a potentially devastating drive with the game tied in the ninth inning.
The Cincinnati Reds came up with a game plan to steal a game from Jake Arrieta, and they ran with it.
The Baltimore Orioles recalled infielder Jimmy Paredes from Triple-A Norfolk on Thursday.
The New York Mets and the Las Vegas 51s renewed their Player Development Contract for two more years, keeping the 51s as the Triple-A affiliate for the Mets.
The Oakland Athletics recalled right-handed pitcher Evan Scribner from Triple-A Sacramento on Thursday.
New York Yankees star Masahiro Tanaka threw 49 pitches in a simulated game Thursday and did not report any unusual pain as he recovers from a partial tear of the ulnar collateral ligament.
The Reds have recalled right-hander Dylan Axelrod to start against the Cubs on Thursday.
The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim will try to put some distance between themselves and the Oakland Athletics on Thursday when the top two teams in the American League West kick off a four-game series at Angel Stadium.
Mike Minor hopes for a little run support on Thursday when the Atlanta Braves wrap up a three-game series with the New York Mets at Citi Field.
Collin McHugh will try to finish off his August undefeated on Thursday night as the Houston Astros open up a four-game series with the Texas Rangers.
Jeremy Guthrie tries to pitch the Kansas City Royals to a three-game sweep of the Minnesota Twins on Thursday at Kauffman Stadium.
Jeremy Hellickson and the Tampa Bay Rays will try to earn a split with the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday evening in the finale of a four-game series at Camden Yards.
San Francisco's Yusmeiro Petit takes aim at the major league record for batters retired on Thursday when the Giants go after a series win in the finale of their four-game series with the Colorado Rockies at AT&T Park.
The Chicago White Sox hope to put together their first winning streak in nearly a month on Thursday evening as they conclude a three- game series with the Cleveland Indians.
Royals manager Ned Yost is a compulsively sarcastic, smart-alecky, old-school baseball guy.
Buster Posey put the San Francisco Giants on his back two years ago, and it looks as if he wants to do it again.
Returning to the place where he pitched what was arguably the worst game of his career, the Los Angeles Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw became baseball's first 16-game winner Wednesday night.
The Oakland A's spent eight innings fumbling and bumbling their way to what seemed a sure loss, then regained the poise that has them fighting for the American League West lead with a huge three-run ninth inning, good for a 5-4 win over the Houston Astros.
The Milwaukee Brewers' first extra-inning game in more than two months wound up being one to forget.
- Florida Power & Light cooling canals at Turkey Point nuclear power plant still too hot
- In Venezuela, cheap gasoline prices stir debate
- Climate change’s souring effects on Haiti crops
- UN peacekeepers detained by rebel group in Golan Heights
- UN: Islamic State group threatens Syria aid access
- Egypt militants post beheading video
- Couple charged with neglect after leaving kids in car while gambling, Hialeah police say
- Dunkin’ Donuts opens kosher restaurant in Dania
- Once a position of concern, receiver becomes a strength for FSU Seminoles
- Florida State Seminoles wary of Oklahoma State’s speedy Tyreek Hill
- Miami Hurricanes RB Duke Johnson is healthy again and refocused with a vengeance
- Second time around has hope for FIU, coach Ron Turner
- Miami Dolphins open wallet, revamp front office in effort to end losing habit
- Florida Gators chance to rebound rests with QB Jeff Driskel
- Killian’s Jaquan Johnson hungry for success
- Florida Gators face tough decision on whether to run QB Jeff Driskel
- Jackson Health System board member resigns, calls for independence from political influence
- Dunkin’ Donuts opens kosher restaurant in Dania
- Inaugural Miami New Construction Show begins Friday
- Einstein Bros. Bagels now open at Miami International Airport
- Vivendi Favors Telefónica’s $9.8 Billion Bid for Brazil Unit
- Balancing Act: Ask questions before you volunteer
- Advocates for poor say Jackson Health System bars needy from charity care
- New IKEA opens its doors
- Florida: Poker Run set for Sept. 18-21.
- Weekend meal recipes: Shrimp risotto, chile-chocolate brownies
- Weekday meal planner: Cubano dogs for Friday
- Carolyn Hax: One person can make a big difference standing up for another
- Farm fresh: A guide to South Florida farmers markets
- Plum salsa puts grilled pork tenderloin over the top
- Oatmeal epiphanies: Gluten-free and pod-ready
- Pro tip: Indent your burgers for even Labor Day grilling
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
- Miami’s Mad Cat delivers a smokin’ fine and funny ‘Centralia’
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69
- William Greaves, TV host and filmmaker, dead at 87
- Pioneering Egyptian civil rights lawyer dies at 63
- Bulgarian poet Valeri Petrov dies
- Longtime Tennessee civil rights lawyer dies at 86
- Peruvian journalist Zileri dead at 83
- Correction: Obit-Sperling story
- Correction: Britain-Obit-Richard Attenborough