Marlins | Angel Sanchez
Six of the Marlins top 10 minor league prospects are pitchers, according to Baseball America.
Only four Marlins remain from the high-priced 2012 squad that was supposed to contend, but those left can finally see some positive light from all the moves.
Brian Bogusevic’s locker inside the Marlins’ spring training clubhouse is located on the north wall, between two pitchers — Carlos Marmol and Chris Hatcher — who were once projected to be hitters.
Pro athletes arent normally known for their political activism.
Miami Marlins notebook
Instant replay might have spared Mike Redmond from being thrown out the only time umpires ejected him as a player. Redmond is convinced replay would have proved him right on a call at the plate that didnt go the catchers way when he was with the Minnesota Twins.
The Marlins have gotten progressively worse in each of Giancarlo Stantons four seasons. I dont want a career like that, he said.
Jeff Baker has the names of his platoon partners over the years etched in memory.
The Miami Marlins are softening their stance on stubble.
Frank Menechino, the Marlins’ new hitting coach, takes a blue-collar approach to his job. ‘I had to work for everything I had,’ he said.
Major League Baseballs plan to eliminate violent plays at home-plate is drawing groans from Marlins catchers.
Many couldn’t pay their medical bills and others would die because he said there were no ambulances and no fire trucks.
The Marlins do not plan to make a multiyear offer to right fielder Giancarlo Stanton until after the season, which is fine with him.
Because theyre not counting on him to preserve leads in the ninth inning, the Marlins arent looking at unpredictable reliever Carlos Marmol as a high-risk gamble, a powder keg awaiting to erupt.
The Miami Marlins and veteran utility infielder Jeff Baker have agreed on a two-year-deal worth $3.7 million.
The Marlins signed veteran outfielder Reed Johnson to a minor-league contract that includes an invitation to spring training.
Well-traveled utility player Ty Wigginton signed a minor-league contract on Friday with the Marlins that includes an invitation to spring training.
David Samson says hes proud of securing government funding for Marlins Park, but that he wouldnt have described the accomplishment quite the way Survivor did.
Slugger Giancarlo Stanton avoided arbitration Friday with a one-year, $6.5 million contract. Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn also got new deals.
Chris Coghlans up-and-down odyssey with the Miami Marlins is over.
The Marlins latest fix for their problem at the hot corner is Casey McGehee, whom the team signed as a free agent after he spent last season playing in Japan.
- Miami-Dade unions want healthcare prices
- Gov. Scott pens new book, but won’t talk about it
- Some Haiti cholera victims file new lawsuit against U.N .
- Man barricades himself in Miami Gardens home in 6-hour standoff with police
- DEA arrests at least three in a Miami-Dade drug case with international ties
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or Die
- Sen. Rubio reports for jury duty Wednesday in Miami
- UN: 5.5 million Syrian children affected by war
- Florida Panthers Jimmy Hayes is planted in right spot
- With NIT out of reach, only postseason possibility for Miami Hurricanes is a ACC tourney win, automatic NCAA bid
- FIU honors a fallen hero by renaming softball field
- Monsignor Pace looks to build on historic flag football season
- Miami Marlins catcher Rob Brantly remains a work in progress
- Streaking Brooklyn Nets will test Miami Heat, especially on the boards
- Miami Marlins Steve Cishek knows pressure of being the closer
- Miami Heat tops Washington Wizards as Dwyane Wade carries team late
- Vicomte A. to open first Miami-Dade store in South Beach
- For entrepreneurs, life events can disrupt business, too
- Costa to add a second seasonal ship in Miami
- With mishaps in the past, cruise industry CEOs optimistic
- School hurricane-awareness program expands
- Florida Community Bank completes conversion of Great Florida Bank
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Fit tip: Should I eat more often?
- Non-surgical treatments available for hip pain
- Why the Oscars are giving plastic surgery a bad rap
- Seven-day menu planner
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Pioneering paramedic developed priority system for mass-casualty scenes
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- British transit union leader Bob Crow dies at 52
- 'Fatal Vision' author Joe McGinniss dies at age 71
- Marie Elia Chery, research nurse and Haitian humanitarian, dies at 59
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88