Marlins 4, Braves 0
Brad Hand pitched six scoreless innings, and the Marlins beat the Braves, halting a stretch of four consecutive series losses.
Marlins 11, Braves 3
The way Jarred Cosart has pitched lately, he really hasn’t needed much in the way of run support.
The Marlins have decided to go with Brad Hand and Brad Penny — and not their two rookie call-ups — as their starting pitchers for Sunday’s series finale against the Braves and Monday’s game at Milwaukee.
Clayton Kershaw is a major threat to Giancarlo Stanton’s Most Valuable Player chances, but some think a pitcher shouldn’t be chosen as MVP.
mets 4, marlins 3
Giancarlo Stanton homered for the third game in a row, but his eighth-inning shot only pulled the Marlins within one run, as the Mets took the series.
After becoming only the second player in Marlins history to hit the 35-homer/100-RBI milestone, Giancarlo Stanton said it is much too soon to sit back and admire the accomplishment.
Mets 8, Marlins 6
Brad Penny lasted only three innings, and Giancarlo Stanton’s 35th homer couldn’t keep the Marlins from falling to a 16-hit attack by the Mets.
Miami Marlins notebook
Andrew Heaney was the most compelling name among a handful of minor-leaguers called up Tuesday by the Marlins. But the team’s plans for the pitcher are vague and could depend on the health of injured starter Henderson Alvarez.
MARLINS 9, METS 6
The Marlins earned a sloppy victory over the Mets, but Henderson Alvarez was diagnosed with an oblique strain and his availability is in question.
Marlins | Brad Penny
Don’t look for Brad Penny to take aim on an old nemesis, the New York Mets, when he faces them Tuesday.
Marlins 4, Braves 0
The Marlins came dangerously close to running out of time before they could finalize a deal for Jarred Cosart last month at the trade deadline.
Braves 1, Marlins 0
Nathan Eovaldi did his job Sunday.
Miami Marlins notebook
The Marlins on Sunday wrapped up the month of August by making one small move at the waiver trade deadline.
When the Marlins invested more than $32 million on catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, first baseman Garrett Jones and second baseman Rafael Furcal, the idea wasn’t solely for them to provide veteran leadership.
Braves 5, Marlins 2
Garrett Jones struggled offensively and defensively as the slumping Marlins fell farther behind in the wild-card race.
Fantasy football season has officially made its way back into the Marlins clubhouse.
It took him 431 at-bats, but Adeiny Hechavarria on Wednesday finally got his first home run. If only earning the respect of baseballs data crunchers, the sabermetric community, could come so easy.
Angels 6, Marlins 1
Adeiny Hechavarria wasn’t himself on Wednesday. Henderson Alvarez wasn’t, either.
But those feelings, he said, aren’t meant to imply anything about his future intentions with the team.
Angels 8, Marlins 2
Nathan Eovaldi was pumping fastballs. The Los Angeles Angels were producing hits. Fastball. Hit. Fastball hit. By the time the Angels were done abusing Eovaldi — and he was done early on Tuesday — they had peppered him to the tune of 10 hits.
- Miami Beach shows off new anti-flooding pumps
- President Barack Obama rules out ground troops vs. Islamic State group: ‘We’re not going to do this alone’
- Feds say ‘nurseries’ could save Government Cut coral
- Florida universities need $45 million to offset drop in Bright Futures scholarships
- Contractor gets 7 years in military secrets case
- Dog missing from Pennsylvania found in Oregon
- Sheriff: Burned armpit hair led to Idaho car crash
- Suicide bombers kill 15 at north Nigerian college
- Gray Crow moves back to quarterback for University of Miami
- Rafa Martinez leads Columbus boys’ golf team to Youth Fair win
- FSU star QB Jameis Winston suspended for first half vs. Clemson for yelling obscenities on campus
- Miami Dolphins still committed to running the football
- Outdoors feature: St. Lucie County artificial reef dazzles divers
- FIU Panthers linebackers fulfilling early promise
- Greg Cote’s Thursday night NFL pick: Buccaneers vs. Falcons
- Florida Gators QB Jeff Driskel hopes for better result against Alabama
- Fed signals firm end to bond buying
- Atlantic Broadband offers 1 Gigabit service
- Fort Lauderdale airport’s new runway ready for action
- Fort Lauderdale home health firm settles federal whistleblower case.
- Books & Books coming to Arsht Center campus in downtown Miami
- Brickell Motors buys Ocean Cadillac
- In the social media age, private actions are company business
- Feds allege $300-million Ponzi scheme at Cay Clubs Resorts
- Color is the new black: Spring/summer fashion trend report
- Jewish Museum of Florida’s recipe contest celebrates foods of the High Holy Days
- Make a Carrabba’s fan-favorite chicken dish at home
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- Study: Sunscreen may harm the sea life
- FDA warns about not using Expression as a filler
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82
- Miami artist, clothes designer Joyce Lux dies at 94