Jeff Baker has the names of his platoon partners over the years etched in memory.
The Miami Marlins are softening their stance on stubble.
Frank Menechino, the Marlins’ new hitting coach, takes a blue-collar approach to his job. ‘I had to work for everything I had,’ he said.
Major League Baseballs plan to eliminate violent plays at home-plate is drawing groans from Marlins catchers.
Many couldn’t pay their medical bills and others would die because he said there were no ambulances and no fire trucks.
The Marlins do not plan to make a multiyear offer to right fielder Giancarlo Stanton until after the season, which is fine with him.
Because theyre not counting on him to preserve leads in the ninth inning, the Marlins arent looking at unpredictable reliever Carlos Marmol as a high-risk gamble, a powder keg awaiting to erupt.
The Miami Marlins and veteran utility infielder Jeff Baker have agreed on a two-year-deal worth $3.7 million.
The Marlins signed veteran outfielder Reed Johnson to a minor-league contract that includes an invitation to spring training.
Well-traveled utility player Ty Wigginton signed a minor-league contract on Friday with the Marlins that includes an invitation to spring training.
David Samson says hes proud of securing government funding for Marlins Park, but that he wouldnt have described the accomplishment quite the way Survivor did.
Slugger Giancarlo Stanton avoided arbitration Friday with a one-year, $6.5 million contract. Steve Cishek and Mike Dunn also got new deals.
Chris Coghlans up-and-down odyssey with the Miami Marlins is over.
The Marlins latest fix for their problem at the hot corner is Casey McGehee, whom the team signed as a free agent after he spent last season playing in Japan.
The Marlins front office decided it needed more consistency and an upgrade at first base.
The Marlins traded outfielder Justin Ruggiano to the Cubs for outfielder Brian Bogusevic, who essentially ‘is a younger version of Ruggiano just in terms of their skill sets.’
LoMo is NoMo with the Marlins.
The Marlins finalized their deal with first baseman Garrett Jones as teams flooded Dan Jennings phone with interest in Logan Morrison.
The Marlins signed ‘battle-tested’ free agents to provide an offensive spark and ‘championship-caliber’ leadership to their young roster.
Mets 1, Marlins 0 (12)
The punchless Marlins continued to squander opportunities, going 0 for 12 with runners in scoring position in a loss to the Mets.
- FBI probing alleged removal of documents from CIA by Senate staffers
- Peter Lickman, longtime Northeast Miami-Dade pastor and lover of animals, dies at 70
- Rubio wants U.S. attention on Venezuela crisis
- Obamas to visit Miami-Dade's Coral Reef High School on Friday
- Police: Man urinated on people near UF campus
- AP Exclusive: Man said to create bitcoin denies it
- At CPAC, Sen. Marco Rubio presses for assertive U.S. foreign policy
- ALF industry hires top state regulator
- Miami Hurricanes stop for spring break as Al Golden appears pleased
- Jason Dufner, four others tied at weather-affected Doral
- Miami Marlins coach Brett Butler offers expertise in running the bases
- Miami Heat falls flat against San Antonio Spurs
- Florida Panthers Luongo settles into familiar spot
- Miami Heats LeBron James plans to attend ceremony for Zydrunas Ilgauskas
- Bacardi Miami Sailing Week: Brazilians maintain lead after rough day on Biscayne Bay
- Greg Cote: Tiger Woods fizzles amid Round 1 deluge in Doral
- BritWeek Miami celebrates UK’s economic links to Florida
- Stock and housing gains put U.S. net worth at record
- Staples to close 225 stores as sales move online
- Developer can go ahead with scaled-back plans for luxury home in North Miami Beach
- Miami area negative equity fell to 29.8 percent in fourth quarter
- AT&T looks to hire 450 in Florida
- Miami’s $11.5 million movie/TV studio gets green light
- Merchants in Florida, Texas and California suie over swipe-fee surcharge bans
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- What do you recommend?
- A golden brooch inspires a Vietnamese-American in search of Laura Ingalls Wilder
- Shark lovers try to save Jaws from Trinidad’s bite
- When a parent’s bookkeeper is secretive
- ‘Best ever’ strawberry cake starts with a mix
- Chickpeas a nutritious, delicious pantry staple
- A ‘terroirist’ guide to California chardonnay
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- Looking back at life from a distance
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘12 Years a Slave,’ Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey take top honors at Academy Awards
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Sports medicine pioneer Frank Jobe dies at 88
- Merrick widow and UM reference librarian Mildred Merrick dies at 92
- Agent: Game show host Geoff Edwards dies at 83
- 'How We Die' author Nuland dies in Conn. at age 83
- Justin Kaplan, Bartlett's editor, dead at 88
- Pioneering Pittsburgh-area DJ Porky Chedwick dies
- French filmmaker Resnais dies at 91
- MiG jets designer Rostislav Belyakov dies aged 94