Miami Herald Spelling Bee
Now celebrating its 76th anniversary, the Miami Herald Spelling Bee presented by Burger King Corp. offers the opportunity for South Florida schools to participate in the Scripps National Spelling Bee program.
Last year, more than 375 public and private school students in 4th – 8th grade participated from Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe Counties. The Middle School winner at the competition will represent his or her county and compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington D.C. There will be one Middle School winner from Miami-Dade/Monroe and one winner from Broward County.
In addition to improving students’ spelling skills and increasing their vocabularies, spelling bee participation provides valuable experience in developing poise – a necessary skill for success in public speaking, performing arts and athletics.
Merriam-Webster is a proud sponsor and prize donor of the Miami Herald Spelling Bee.
- 1st Place: Vasundara Govindarajan - Archimedean Academy
- 2nd Place: Valentina Burgos - John I. Smith K-8 Center
- 3rd Place: Kyler Pace - Alexander Montessori
2016 Broward County Winners
- 1st Place: Kyla Truong - Pine Crest School
- 2nd Place: Michelle Duboy - St. Mark Catholic School
- 3rd Place: Zachary Hardgrave - NSU University School
The 76th Annual Miami Herald Spelling Bee dates are as follows:
General info, please contact:
- Click here for advertising and sponsorship information