Hugo Chávezs successor, Nicolás Maduro, eked out a win, but rival Henrique Capriles will contest the result
- Does the close election question the legitimacy of Nicolás Maduro's win? Tell us what you think
- South Florida Venezuelans react to results in Doral
- Despite bad weather, Venezuelans waited to vote in New Orleans
- Presidential elections in Venezuela
- Hugo Chávez is dead, but his vote machine lives
- On eve of poll, Venezuela vendors lament end of boom-era for Chávez kitsch
- Are you shocked by the results of the Venezuelan presidential election?
HUGO CHAVEZ, 1954-2013 | EXPANDED COVERAGE: 10-13A
Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez has succumbed to cancer, the government announced.
- Caribbean leaders ‘devastated’ over Chávez’s death
- Public responds to Chávezs death
- Venezuela’s Hugo Chávez and his legacy of plunder
- In South Florida, Venezuelans react to Hugo Chávez’s death
- How will the Venezuela-Cuba link fare after Chávez’s death?
- In Venezuela, horns honk and tears flow
- How will Hugo Chavez be remembered in history?
- Timeline: Hugo Chavez's life
- Hugo Chavez | Life in photos
- With Hugo Chávez dead, is the opposition likely to have a better chance of gaining power in Venezuela?
A teen pulled a gun from his backpack and displayed it on a school bus, police said. It went off, killing a 13-year-old girl.
The Marlins’ purge continues with the tentative trades of Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, Jose Reyes, John Buck and Emilio Bonifacio to the Blue Jays.
- Doubters debate Miami Marlins owner Jeffrey Lorias intentions after player purge
- The joke is on us: Jeffrey Loria has his stadium and dumps his star players
- Fans, players react to another Miami Marlins dismantling
- Marlins Blog | Fish Bytes
- Download your Miami Marlins iPhone app
- What will you do now that the Marlins are trading away their biggest players?
Passage of the bond issue was considered a victory for Superintendent Alberto Carvalho, who promised that the work would be done on time and under budget.
Mayor Carlos Gimenez said part of the reason the county elections headquarters temporarily shut down Sunday with a crowd waiting outside to vote was because he had not authorized the additional hours.
- Early voting is over — or is it?
- Gov. Scott not likely to extend early-voting hours
- 'Nightmare': Long lines, mail-ballot glitches mark early voting
- Final day of early voting goes late into the night
- We've got answers to frequently asked voting questions
- Many Americans fear that the results of the presidential election will be compromised. Do you?
Here are Miami-Dade’s early voting locations:
The campaigns of President Obama and Mitt Romney are each pushing to get Florida voters to the polls long before Election Day through absentee and early voting.
The Marlins have fired manager Ozzie Guillen after just one season.
Hunters who found possible remains of missing UF student Christian Aguilar knew immediately it was human
The college freshman from Miami-Dade had been missing since Sept. 20. The prime suspect, his close friend, has already been charged with first-degree murder.
- Search for Christian Aguilar: Volunteers answer a father’s plea
- Grim news for searchers of missing UF student Christian Aguilar
- FBI asked to help in search for missing University of Florida student Christian Aguilar
- 200 officers, 30 Doral students converge on Gainesville to search for missing UF teen Christian Aguilar
- Search for UF student Christian Aguilar brings South Florida together
- Gainesville police to shut down volunteer search for Christian Aguilar
- With no body, police charge former classmate with murder in UF student’s disappearance
- Grand jury indicts Pedro Bravo on murder, kidnapping charges in disappearance of Christian Aguilar
- Blood, backpack found in UF teen murder case
- Heres what I know about Pedro Bravo: A roommates observations
- Family and friends hold vigil for Christian Aguilar
- The search for Christian Aguilar