The 13.1 Michelob Ultra Fort Lauderdale Marathon will close several streets in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday morning.
The Fort Lauderdale Police Department issued an alert on road closures and delays from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sunday to accommodate the 1,500 or so participants. If you’re driving in the city at that time, make the following adjustments for street closures and detours:
▪ 6 a.m.-7:45 a.m.: Westbound lanes of East Las Olas Boulevard will be closed from Seabreeze Boulevard to Southeast 15th Avenue.
▪ 6:15 a.m.-6:45 a.m.: Eastbound, northbound and westbound lanes of Broward Boulevard, North Victoria Park Boulevard and Northeast Eighth Street will be periodically closed. Traffic will be able to pass intermittently.
Never miss a local story.
▪ 6:30 a.m.-7:15 a.m.: Southbound lane of Northeast 14th Avenue will be closed from Northeast Eighth Street to Broward Boulevard.
▪ 6:45 a.m.-8 a.m.: The eastbound median lane of East Las Olas Boulevard will be closed from Southeast 15th Avenue to North A1A. The isles on the south side of East Las Olas will be able to exit.
▪ 6 a.m.-11 a.m.: Northbound lanes of North A1A will be closed from the entrance of the Bahia Mar Hotel to East Oakland Park Boulevard. There will be a counter flow lane established from Bahia Mar Hotel to Sunrise Boulevard. All traffic heading north of Sunrise Boulevard will have to use Bayview Drive. Southbound lanes will be open.