Defense attorneys in the 9/11 case say the FBI is searching for misdeeds by the legal teams, and it might have a chilling effect on their ability to defend the five men accused in the worst terror attack on U.S. soil.
Phillies 4, Marlins 3
The Marlins’ loss to the Phillies concluded a journey to Washington and Philadelphia during which they went 0-6.
After surviving the Great Recession and a Las Vegas bankruptcy, Turnberry Associates the real-estate business founded by Donald Soffer is refurbishing its empire and developing new luxury properties.
A plan to extend the Gratigny Parkway above Northwest 119th Street has some area commuters optimistic about a better traffic flow in the area. But the project is not funded and has drawn some opposition.
It started with the collision of a car and SUV in the wee hours of Sunday in Southwest Miami-Dade.
Democrats resort to ‘political stunts’ to call attention to raising Florida’s minimum wage, Republicans say
Some Republican lawmakers are accusing their Democratic colleagues of resorting to ‘political stunts’ to draw attention to proposals to raise the minimum wage.
‘The exposures are basically minimal,’ Richard S. Weisman, director of the Florida Poison Information Center and a UM professor, told a gathering in the gym at Elizabeth Virrick Park, which is still open to the public. ‘They’re below the levels of concern.’
With more and more people immigrating to South Florida from South America, Russia and other parts of the world, community-based Seders to celebrate Passover have grown in popularity.
Almost a decade ago, Ryan Roman started using pot to cope with the effects of a rare spinal cancer that spread to his brain. Beating his doctors' predictions, the 31-year-old Palmetto man is still alive. He credits marijuana that he inhales through a vaporizer or ingests in concentrate form.
An altercation at a nightclub Sunday morning ended with two people stabbed and another shot by a Miami-Dade officer, police spokesman Alvaro Zabaleta said.
- Anti-bullying bill supported by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross likely to fail
- Condom shortage hits Cuba
- CIA’s former top lawyer fires back at Senate report, criticizes Feinstein
- Suarez endorses library-tax hike for Miami-Dade libraries
- Ethics panel faults ex-Homestead mayor for free flight
- U.S. housing effort in Haiti criticized — again
- Sen. Bill Nelson seeks local solution to expand Medicaid in Florida
- 2,000 gallons of leaked diesel fuel cleaned from Government Cut
- Miami Heat falls to Philadelphia 76ers, begins first-round preparations for Charlotte Bobcats
- Exotic, endangered animals thrive at Wild Oak preserve
- Palmetto repeats GMAC crown
- Jose Fernandez, Miami Marlins unravel late in loss to Washington Nationals
- Booker T. Washington High School boys sprint to victories in the Region 4-2A meet
- Miami Marlins to use four-man pitching rotation with Jacob Turner on DL
- Killians Ryan Granda dominates in GMAC semifinal victory
- Miami Heat will face Charlotte Bobcats in first round
- Charlotte Olympia opens store at Bal Harbour Shops; Nicholas Kirkwood opens pop-up shop
- City arborist serves by tending the trees in North Miami Beach
- UM law students dig into healthcare policy to help a patient get life-saving treatment
- Sustainatopia opens with focus on social entrepreneurship growth
- Intermedix buys New Zealand company
- Miami Beach road construction continues to pinch businesses
- Miami lawmakers make one more push to extend healthcare to immigrant children
- Miami Beach to host town hall meeting to discuss Beckham’s soccer proposal
- Cook’s Corner: Behold the new colors of Easter eggs
- A Fork on the Road: Choices Cafe gives vegans plenty of flavor
- Edgy Veggie: Eggless Egg Salad
- Fit tip: Get enough water
- Watch for sleep drug risks
- If stress has you on edge, these foods will settle you
- How to correct five common beauty mistakes
- Fast, cheap test can save the lives of many babies
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
- Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- 'Paul Robeson' playwright Phillip Hayes Dean dies
- Romanian poet, dissident Nina Cassian dies
- Ex-Arizona 3-sport star, NFL QB Fred Enke dies
- British journalist Patrick Seale dies at 84
- South Florida civil rights and fair housing leader Janet Launcelott dies
- Tony Award-winning actress Phyllis Frelich dies
- Young basketball fan's memorial set for next week
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69