Jurors on Tuesday will begin deliberating the fate of Michel Escoto, accused of strangling and beating his wife for $1 million life insurance policy.
Game 1 | Heat 99, Bobcats 88
A rejuvenated Dwyane Wade scored 23 points and LeBron James added 27 as the Heat rolled over the Bobcats in Game 1.
Myles Chefetz and Michael Schwartz, who were once business partners, each went their own way Chefetz to South Beach, Schwartz to the Design District. They now dominate Miamis fine-dining scene.
In the last decade, invasive Burmese pythons have done the unthinkable: challenge the American alligator at the top of the Everglades food chain.
Gabriel García Márquez
Nobel Laureate Gabriel García Márquez is being remembered Monday in his adopted country of Mexico. But in his Colombian hometown of Aracataca, the village still struggles to capitalize on its reputation as the real Macondo.
The government will sell stocks of Chinese prophylactics marked with the ‘wrong’ expiration date.
Soccer in Miami
For the first time, one of David Beckham’s representatives debated the leader of an alliance opposed to a port stadium.
The famous Italian tenor surprised Easter worshipers at St. Patrick’s in Miami Beach with a rendition of a Latin hymn.
Watching water trickle slowly into an empty 200,000-gallon fish tank isn't that far off from watching grass grow or paint dry.
In the weeks leading up to Easter, church members have gone into overdrive, making goodie bags for the homeless, filling Easter baskets and distributing food to help those in need.
- MIA director rounds out executive team
- Traffic is main concern for Miami Beach residents worried about soccer stadium
- Pineda ejected for pine tar use
- Myles Malman, who led prosecution of Manuel Noriega, dies at 67
- Statewide crime is down, while murders, rape, robberies are up in Miami-Dade, report shows
- Legislation to make killing fetuses a crime in Florida awaits Gov. Rick Scott’s signature
- Everglades restoration postponed by U.S. Army Corps
- Lawyer: Alan Gross wants out of Cuba dead or alive
- Cypress Bay boys, Westminster girls advance to FHSAA Water Polo second round
- Miami Dolphins WR Mike Wallace excited about new offensive system
- Veteran Miami Heat players ready for grind of NBA playoffs
- Miami Hurricanes’ Al Golden says QB battle far from a done deal
- In a pinch, you can hunt stone crabs yourself
- Former UM hoops star Erik Swoope learning tight end with help of ‘Madden 25’
- Live updates: Miami Heat vs. Charlotte Bobcats, Game 2
- Miami Heat survives late Bobcats surge, beats Charlotte for 2-0 series lead
- Florida’s Do Not Call list has grown since fee was eliminated
- Net Element closes on $11.2 million in financing
- Soneet Kapila and Barry Mukamal combine to form new consulting firm
- TiramesU to close on Miami Beach’s Lincoln Road, reopen on Washington Avenue
- Miami-based Rubell Hotels adds Baltimore property
- In our hectic, time-crunched society, religion has become less of a priority
- Coding schools putting down roots in Miami
- South Florida home, condo prices rose in March, despite growing inventory
- Florida House votes to regulate e-cigarette sales
- Pets column: Dog feels pain; she just shows it in a different way
- Britto ‘parking’ meters benefit homeless but cause confusion
- Dinner in minutes: Easy gyro sandwiches with tzatziki
- Francine Prose reconstructs a Nazi collaborator and Paris in this dazzling historical novel.
- A boy spies on his mom in Mona Simpson’s fresh new novel
- To sleep well, adjust what you eat — and when
- Going green with the smoothie
- Celebrity birthdays on April 23
- Amazon snares classic shows in deal with HBO
- Indian film awards arrive in Tampa, Fla., but why?
- Myles Chefetz, Michael Schwartz dominate Miamis fine-dining scene
- PAMM’s ‘Caribbean: Crossroads of the World’ exhibit is tumultuous, thought-provoking
- Jack White records songs, releases vinyl in hours
- Billboard Latin Music Conference celebrates 25th anniversary next week in Miami
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Camilla’s brother dies in US after head injury
- Camilla's brother dies in US after head injury
- Former AP reporter Robert Heard dies at age 84
- Oscar-nominated director of sled dog film dies
- Oldest living ex-MLB player dies in Cuba at 102
- Former AP photographer Harry Koundakjian dies
- Francis Moore, father of Michael Moore, dies at 92
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, boxer wrongly imprisoned 19 years, dies at 76