Police working an undercover detail noticed five men inside a Nissan putting on fake police outfits and holstering weapons, then arrested them.
Agents say Imer Armando Perez stole $70,000 from a family who believed he could spring a convict from a long prison sentence.
Structural problems on the Venetian Causeway have forced changes in bus services
During a visit to a DCF service center, Gov. Scott praised child welfare workers and prodded lawmakers to support his plans for the agency.
Gov. Rick Scott said he’s not ready to take up Charlie Crist’s challenge to debate, saying it’s “laughable” because Crist has not won his primary contest.
Though 2014 is looking like a relatively quiet hurricane season, forecasters note that weather patterns can change.
The U.S. Coast Guard off-loaded 127 bales of cocaine that were seized in two separate cases in Southwestern Caribbean waters.
A Central Florida lawmaker wants to “take the politics out of labor negotiations” involving the public health trust.
Wizards 114, Heat 93
Despite a chance to recapture the top spot in the East, the Heat rested LeBron James and Chis Bosh, essentially assuring a loss and the second seed.
A young man with two handguns walked up to a group of people in front of a Liberty City market on Monday evening and opened fire, killing a 52-year-old woman and wounding two men, Miami police said.
- Court: Fla. discrimination law covers pregnancy
- Sen. Bill Nelson seeks local solution to expand Medicaid in Florida
- Cyber cops: Target hackers may take years to find
- What’s open and closed for Good Friday and Easter
- A dozen shots hit Miami-Dade house; man wounded in chest
- AutoNation profit up 15 percent
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Booker T. Washington High School boys sprint to victories in the Region 4-2A meet
- Anti-bullying bill supported by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross likely to fail
- Patience, preparation pay off for Miami Heat’s Udonis Haslem, Rashard Lewis
- Exotic, endangered animals thrive at Wild Oak preserve
- Palmetto repeats GMAC crown
- Miami Marlins to use four-man pitching rotation with Jacob Turner on DL
- Killians Ryan Granda dominates in GMAC semifinal victory
- Miami Heat will face Charlotte Bobcats in first round
- Wells Fargo names new regional president for South Florida
- Watsco reports record first quarter results
- AutoNation profit up 15 percent
- Charlotte Olympia opens store at Bal Harbour Shops; Nicholas Kirkwood opens pop-up shop
- Amazon to start charging sales tax in Florida
- City arborist serves by tending the trees in North Miami Beach
- UM law students dig into healthcare policy to help a patient get life-saving treatment
- Sustainatopia opens with focus on social entrepreneurship growth
- Miami chefs put a twist on Easter classics
- Cook’s Corner: Behold the new colors of Easter eggs
- Edgy Veggie: Eggless Egg Salad
- Fit tip: Get enough water
- Watch for sleep drug risks
- If stress has you on edge, these foods will settle you
- How to correct five common beauty mistakes
- Fast, cheap test can save the lives of many babies
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of April 13
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
- Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Salsa great Cheo Feliciano dies in car crash at 78
- Servier, lab founder in drug scandal, dies at 92
- Malaysian lawmaker and lawyer Karpal Singh dies
- Long-time attorney Larry Kuvin dies at 80
- 'Paul Robeson' playwright Phillip Hayes Dean dies
- Romanian poet, dissident Nina Cassian dies
- Ex-Arizona 3-sport star, NFL QB Fred Enke dies
- British journalist Patrick Seale dies at 84