Missouri voters are likely to hear a lot about good teachers and local control in the coming months.
Missouri's midterm elections will feature a full slate of contests for the U.S. House and the Missouri Legislature but little in the way of competitive statewide races. The ballot also will include several proposed constitutional amendments. Here are a few things to know about the November elections.
Gem State voters will return to the polls this November. Here are five things to keep in mind as the general election approaches:
Connecticut's 5th Congressional District race is expected once again to be an expensive battle, attracting millions of dollars in outside money.
Republicans finally have a young, socially moderate, minority candidate running for governor in overwhelmingly Democratic California, but getting voters to pay attention may be the real challenge.
As Utah's two previous top lawmen face charges of bribery and other counts, the candidates running for state attorney general this year promise to repair public trust and reform the scandal-rocked office.
Hawaii Gov. Neil Abercrombie said he lost his bid for re-election in a Democratic primary because of his decision to call a special session to legalize gay marriage.
Jesse Benton, the campaign manager for U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, will resign his post as a bribery scandal from the 2012 presidential campaign threatens to envelop Benton and become a major distraction for McConnell's campaign.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's campaign manager resigned Friday amid fallout from a scandal in Iowa involving a presidential campaign he worked for in 2012. Jesse Benton said he didn't want to become a distraction as McConnell tries to win a tough re-election campaign in Kentucky.
As election season enters full swing after Labor Day, North Dakota residents will begin to see advertisements for November's midterm elections. Here are some of the most important races and ballot issues to watch.
- Reviewing the record of Charlie Crist, Gov. Rick Scott on education
- 1 killed in small plane crash near St. Petersburg
- 9 people hurt in 50-car pileup in Washington state
- Documentary on gay rights, ‘The Day It Snowed In Miami,’ wins Aurora Award
- Coast Guard repatriates Cuban, Haitian migrants
- 5 US airstrikes target Islamic State fighters
- Barista-stand owner faces prostitution charge
- Florida Gators first game canceled after severe weather
- Florida State Seminoles know they have work to do after shaky season opener
- Youth group teaches life lessons through fishing
- University of Florida football team, Idaho mull next move after canceled game
- Florida State Seminoles survive second-half shootout to hold off Oklahoma State
- Jarred Cosart leads Miami Marlins in shutout win over Atlanta Braves
- Miami Dolphins cut Daniel Thomas, expect Mike Pouncey back soon
- Miami Hurricanes set to begin Brad Kaaya era with season opener against Louisville
- Killian relies on its strength to edge Carol City
- For love and money: Some South Florida professionals find two jobs better than one
- Miami Herald Small Business Makeover: YaYa Wines toasts its new strategy
- Miami-Dade home and condo median prices hit six-year high
- WorldCity: Red ink abounds among South Florida exports
- Brookings study: Miami attracts big share of foreign students, but not in STEM fields
- Entrepreneurship events a show of force of angels, startups
- Carlos Gutierrez of McCann Worldgroup: Engineering the creative path forward
- Entrepreneurship Datebook
- Carolyn Hax: My sister the control freak is coming for a visit
- Roxane Gay offers a biting perspective on pop culture in ‘Bad Feminist’
- Fundraiser supports Read to a Child
- Steve Almond considers football, our unkickable addiction
- Desert Inn to get a Wild West revival?
- The events of 9/11 and its aftermath shape the lives of a Washington couple in ‘Before, During, After’
- Carolyn Hax: Woman struggles with depression, wonders if it’s ‘crazy’ to be truthful
- Dear Abby: After a loved one's passing, grief can outlast the support
- A South Florida acting couple lands the perfect roles: husband and wife
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Aug. 31
- A strong debut despite its shortcomings
- Glimpse into tony world of antiques
- Coral Reef grad Ricky Ubeda vaults to the top of TVs So You Think You Can Dance
- Hometown restaurant groups Las Vegas Cuban, TooJays Deli are South Florida mainstays
- Thomas Wyroba, 64, beloved teacher at Miami’s New World of the Arts
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Jethro Tull bass player Glenn Cornick dies
- Kurt Meyer, LA architect who was committed to civic service, dies at 92
- Ex-US sailor who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- Real estate executive and Jewish leader Kenneth Schwartz dies at 88
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69
- William Greaves, TV host and filmmaker, dead at 87
- Pioneering Egyptian civil rights lawyer dies at 63
- Bulgarian poet Valeri Petrov dies