Democratic donors online gave their party's House campaign arm almost $5 million in the week that ended Friday, a record for the group attempting the uphill task of ousting Republicans from their majority.
Democrats in Iowa are devising ways to expand access to their state's leadoff presidential caucuses, addressing concerns raised by Hillary Rodham Clinton following her disappointing finish in 2008.
Congress approved a $225 million package to replenish Israel's missile defenses with its last order of business before a five-week recess, as the Jewish state's cease-fire with Hamas unraveled and Israeli forces pushed deep into Gaza in search of a missing army officer.
General Treasurer Gina Raimondo is approaching the $5 million fundraising mark in her run for governor, putting her far ahead in the money race over two other Democratic candidates.
More than 70 U.S. lawmakers say conditions in Myanmar have taken a sharp turn for the worse and want Secretary of State John Kerry to warn its government that it could seriously damage bilateral relations.
Russian meddling in Ukraine has shown that NATO needs a more responsive quick-reaction force that could be deployed in the event Moscow made aggressive military threats against a NATO nation, the alliance's No. 2 general said Friday.
US manufacturing expanded for the 14th straight month in July in a good sign for the overall economy.
U.S. construction spending fell in June by the largest amount in more than three years as housing, non-residential construction and government spending all weakened.
Detroit attorney Godfrey Dillard is dropping his run for state attorney general to instead seek the Democratic nomination for Michigan secretary of state.
Attorney General Eric Holder cautioned against the use of data in sentencing criminal defendants, saying judges should base punishment on the facts of a crime rather than on statistical predictions of future behavior that can be unfair to minorities.
- Regulators hear more complaints about medical pot rules
- Feds to monitor Fla. election law changes
- Federal court case shows ex-Miami Rep. David Rivera is ‘co-conspirator’
- Ethnic politics, ethics issues spill over into some judicial races in Miami-Dade
- LGBT-rights group Equality Florida raises profile, builds clout
- US job growth eases but tops 200K for a 6th month
- Obama lavishes praise on Housing Secretary
- Israel pounds Gaza as it searches for soldier
- Miami Hurricanes QB position in flux again as Kevin Olsen faces at least one-game suspension
- Miami Heats Dwyane Wade ready for challenge following LeBron James departure
- Jarred Cosart loses to Cincinnati Reds in debut with Miami Marlins
- Miami Hurricanes forced to alter coaching staff after longtime assistant Micheal Barrow leaves
- NFL to crack down on obscene language and gestures
- Miami Marlins pitcher Henderson Alvarez goes on disabled list with shoulder inflammation
- Miami Dolphins Don Jones humbled, changed since anti-gay tweets
- David J. Neal: NFL fumbled on Ray Rice punishment, then tried to justify it
- Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services acquires Highland Capital Brokerage
- IRS commissioner visits Miami to spotlight viral ID theft, tax fraud
- Stonegate Bank reports lower second quarter earnings
- Florida’s largest health insurer, Florida Blue, is raising exchange rates an average of 17.6 percent
- Florida mental and behavioral healthcare providers get funding boost from Affordable Care Act
- U.S. Century Bank reports a loss for the second quarter, continues to plan for a recapitalization
- MTN Communications announces contracts with three cruise lines
- Miami International Airport sees slight uptick in passengers
- Key west: better in summer, after tourists go home
- Florida: Orange County History Center celebrates 75th anniversary of ‘Gone With the Wind’
- I’m contagious — can I get a refund for my flight?
- Historic hotels
- Finding serenity on St. George Island
- Royal Caribbean hopes to lure new passengers with Quantum of the Seas’ flexible dining
- ‘The Sergeant’ finds a bold alter ego in Nick Harkaway’s ‘Tigerman’
- Dive into Greek culture on the Florida coast? Opa!
- WWE’s Bautista, Glenn Close, Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel, Chris Pratt in Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’
- Comic-Con 2014: Hollywood stirs fan fervor
- A branch of O Cinema may be coming to North Beach
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 27
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- The Herald recommends: For Broward County Commission
- The Herald recommends for Miami-Dade, Broward commissions
- The Herald recommends: For Miami-Dade County Commission
- Right issue, wrong response on children at the border
- The Herald recommends for School Board and property appraiser
- The Herald recommends
- Israel’s challenge
- Worth a thousand words
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Correction: Obit-James Garner story
- Manny Roth, founder of Café Wha?, dead at 94
- Guitarist, songwriter for Alice Cooper dies at 71
- Hotelier Saul Tamen, who brought kitchens to South Beach hotels, dies at 105
- Correction: Obit-Robert Drew story
- 'Godfather of Makeup' Dick Smith dead at 92
- Veteran TV impresario Robert Halmi Sr. dies at 90
- Cinema verite documentarian Robert Drew dies at 90