The NCAA's Legislative Council approved a proposal Tuesday to expand the meal allowance for all athletes.
Democrat Hector Balderas has opened up a large fundraising advantage in the race for attorney general, according to the latest campaign-finance disclosures.
Democrat Gary Peters and Republican Terri Lynn Land are continuing to raise millions of dollars for their U.S. Senate campaigns in Michigan.
The attorney Gov. Rick Perry hired amid a grand jury investigation into abuse of power allegations has a $450 hourly contract.
President Barack Obama will award the Medal of Honor to former Army Sergeant Kyle J. White, who put his own life at risk in an hours-long effort to save fellow service members during a 2007 ambush in Afghanistan.
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and Republican gubernatorial challenger Bruce Rauner (ROW'-nur) have filed their latest campaign reports with the state.
The Justice Department says Attorney General Eric Holder will travel to Overland Park, Kan., on Thursday to pay tribute to the victims of the shootings at two Jewish community sites.
Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Mike Ross on Tuesday reported besting the Republican candidates for Arkansas governor in fundraising last month, rebounding after his chief GOP rival had raised more money for two straight months.
The former secretary of state rolled up support from majorities of voters when pitted against eight different Republicans. Though Clinton isn’t saying whether she’ll seek the White House, her supporters have been raising money and promoting her candidacy.
Deep-pocketed donors are turning over multimillion-dollar checks to influence November's elections, and the sums raised by the national parties and their super PAC allies are already approaching the $1 billion mark, according to financial reports still being filed Tuesday evening.
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Downtown Doral Charter Elementary School shows new vision for local schools
- Police still searching for killer of woman, 62
- Coast Guard works to clean fuel spill in Miamis Government Cut
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Boat with five migrants intercepted; unresponsive woman taken to hospital
- Miami Beach to host town hall meeting to discuss Beckham’s soccer proposal
- Florida legislators push for millions in spending
- Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna pace Miami Marlins rout of Washington Nationals
- Technology embraced by Miami Dolphins GM Dennis Hickey
- University of Miami pole vaulter Alysha Newman overcomes fear to succeed
- FIFA World Cup Trophy makes the rounds as Brazil promises an efficiently run 2014 tournament
- Cypress Bay girls tennis team delayed; Coral Gables wins boys title
- Miami Heat experiences changes but same goal remains
- Coral Gables edges past Cypress Bay for first boys state tennis title in 42 years
- Alejandro Blancos shortened no-hitter sparks American over Miami Springs
- Miami Beach road construction continues to pinch businesses
- eMerge Americas Techweek to bring in array of experts, events
- Coral Gables may swap two old parking garages for a new one
- Centene Management signs lease for office space at Sawgrass Plaza in Sunrise
- Verizon installs advanced wireless systems at arenas
- For workers, low wages still create stress
- Q&A with AutoNation’s Mike Jackson: Sharing his views on the state of the auto industry
- With Criptext, this conversation never happened ...
- A Fork on the Road: Choices Cafe gives vegans plenty of flavor
- Edgy Veggie: Eggless ‘Egg Salad’
- Fit tip: Get enough water
- Watch for sleep drug risks
- If stress has you on edge, these foods will settle you
- How to correct five common beauty mistakes
- Fast, cheap test can save the lives of many babies
- Don’t manage anger — banish it!
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of April 13
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
- Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- South Florida civil rights and fair housing leader Janet Launcelott dies
- Tony Award-winning actress Phyllis Frelich dies
- Young basketball fan's memorial set for next week
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69
- Former Hawks All-Star Lou Hudson dies at 69
- British academic Richard Hoggart dies at 95
- Israeli peace activist Ron Pundak dies at 59