The White House is threatening to ratchet up sanctions against Russia if its government doesn’t remove from Ukraine what the U.S. says are Russian military vehicles painted to look like civilian trucks.
Democratic state Sen. Ben Hueso was arrested Friday on suspicion of drunken driving, the latest black eye for the state's majority party and the 40-member chamber that suspended three other Democrats facing legal troubles.
Supporters of Maine gubernatorial hopeful Eliot Cutler can increase the amount that they donate to the independent candidate seeking to unseat Gov. Paul LePage, a federal judge said Friday.
Model aircraft hobbyists, research universities and commercial drone interests filed lawsuits Friday challenging a government directive that they say imposes tough new limits on the use of model aircraft and broadens the agency's ban on commercial drone flights.
The police shooting and death of Michael Brown has gripped the nation amid clashes between protesters and the police in suburban St. Louis. But for most of those who want to lead the nation, there's little to gain in an election year by taking a stand or proposing new policy.
The FBI and Homeland Security Department say there are no specific or credible terror threats to the U.S. homeland from the Islamic State militant group.
A Louisiana congressman plagued by a cheating scandal registered for re-election and then immediately took the "ice bucket challenge" while standing outside the secretary of state's office.
U.S. House candidates Ryan Zinke and John Lewis brought in some heavy hitters to raise fund for their campaigns this week. A look at the week's most interesting and important developments in Montana's election campaigns:
The World Food Program may have to shut down its operations in North Korea by early next year unless it gets more funding from international donors by this fall, the U.N. agency's director for Asia said Friday.
The snowy owl that captured the nation's capital attention when it perched at The Washington Post building and survived being hit by a bus has died.
- Three teens injured after being hit by a car in Doral
- Nurse who refused to force-feed sent home from Guantánamo
- Rocket explodes during test flight; no injuries
- ND teacher of the year charged with 5 felonies
- Costa Rica to investigate US anti-Cuba program
- Billionaire pinpoints Museum Park as favored flagpole site
- UCF student injured in armed robbery
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Miami Dolphins’ Knowshon Moreno in position to earn expanded role
- Seven spots still up for grabs on Florida Gators’ roster
- Miami Central football coach receives slur-filled hate mail from Alabama ‘fan’
- Armando Salguero: Dan Marino’s role with Miami Dolphins is welcome but undefined
- Florida State Seminoles, fans celebrate 63rd annual kickoff luncheon
- University of Miami’s CanesFest will be on campus Saturday
- Top-tier teams Booker T. Washington, Oscar Smith to face off in nationally televised game
- Miami Hurricanes season tickets in high demand
- Aeromexico adds fourth weekly Miami-Merida flight
- Memorial Regional Hospital’s heart program accredited
- The American consumer is back, with an asterisk
- Advanced Capital completes purchase of broker-dealer Lake Forest Securities
- Check online Social Security account to avoid costly errors
- Inherit? Invest
- Tom Hudson: This has been the summer of cooling energy prices
- FPL expects to reduce rates in 2015
- Memories of Benjamin Franklin all over town
- Condo line: Substantial surplus funds in operating budget not necessarily a good thing
- Florida: St. Augustine Spanish Wine Festival set for Sept. 9-13
- My infant daughter doesn’t have a ticket — who’s responsible?
- Jess Row’s ‘Your Face in Mine’ explores race in a fascinating context
- New surgery can relieve epileptic seizures
- Dance, yoga, art — all help Parkinson’s patients keep moving
- Sleep apnea is a risk factor for strokes
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former AP photo editor Toby Massey dies
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss