A Marine Corps helicopter with 25 aboard crashed Monday in the Gulf of Aden, and all aboard were rescued, the Navy said.
The White House said Monday that its latest airstrikes in Iraq are “consistent” with prior military missions the White House has authorized to date in Iraq -- “to protect U.S. personnel and facilities and to address the humanitarian situation on the ground.”
Missouri voters are likely to hear a lot about good teachers and local control in the coming months, as a costly campaign unfolds over a ballot proposal that would link teachers' salaries and jobs to the performance of their students.
A Democratic legislator still unknown to some Kansas voters is giving Republican Gov. Sam Brownback a tough re-election race, tapping into doubts about tax-cutting that cemented the incumbent's reputation in conservative circles.
Former Gov. Jim Douglas says he was acting on conscience in 2009 when he vetoed a gay marriage law that had been passed by the state Legislature.
Running for the U.S. Senate was never a sure thing for Claire McCaskill. She had to be courted. The story goes that she was so resistant to the idea that it took an extraordinary intervention from Sen. Charles Schumer of New York, who in 2005 headed the Democratic recruiting committee.
President Barack Obama has sent official notification to Congress of his order for last week's airstrikes and humanitarian aid drops to help Iraqis threatened by Islamic State militants.
While Democratic voters dominate in Hawaii, Republicans have raked in enough votes to win in the Aloha State. Here's how the parties stack up against each other among Hawaii voters:
A surly electorate that holds Congress in even lower regard than unpopular President Barack Obama is willing to "keep the bums in," with at least 365 incumbents in the 435-member House and 18 of 28 senators on a glide path to another term when ballots are counted Nov. 4.
Berlin and Hamburg presented low-cost models with contrasting approaches on Monday in bids to become Germany's candidate city for the 2024 or 2028 Olympics.
- NATO may create quick-strike force over Ukraine crisis
- Infamous speed trap town investigated over tickets
- Tropical Storm Dolly forms off Mexico's coast
- Clashes between Islamists, rivals in Libya kill 31
- Police searching for home-invasion gunmen
- US helicopter crashes in Gulf of Aden; all rescued
- Miami Heat reassigns longtime assistants McAdoo, Rothstein
- US military targets extremists in Somalia
- Miami Dolphins’ Bill Lazor keeps offense strategy a secret
- Andre C. Fernandez: American Heritage looks for bounce-back win
- Game date for Florida-Idaho up in air
- Henderson Alvarez injured in Miami Marlins’ 9-6 win vs. Mets
- Florida States Jesus 'Bobo' Wilson back in lineup
- Andre C. Fernandez: The top 20 high school football teams for Week 2
- Columbus golfer to play at Pebble Beach
- Miami Marlins’ Brad Penny says days of discord with Mets are over
- Brookings study: Miami attracts big share of foreign students, but not in STEM fields
- Entrepreneurship events a show of force of angels, startups
- WorldCity: Red ink abounds among South Florida exports
- A new operator readies Rio de Janeiros airport for 2016 Olympics
- CEOs split on the question of gambling
- For love and money: Some South Florida professionals find two jobs better than one
- Miami Herald Small Business Makeover: YaYa Wines toasts its new strategy
- Miami-Dade home and condo median prices hit six-year high
- Marvelous malbec deserves to be discovered
- Carolyn Hax: My sister the control freak is coming for a visit
- Roxane Gay offers a biting perspective on pop culture in ‘Bad Feminist’
- Fundraiser supports Read to a Child
- Steve Almond considers football, our unkickable addiction
- Desert Inn to get a Wild West revival?
- The events of 9/11 and its aftermath shape the lives of a Washington couple in ‘Before, During, After’
- Dear Abby: After a loved one's passing, grief can outlast the support
- Thomas Wyroba, 64, beloved teacher at Miami’s New World of the Arts
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Glimpse into tony world of antiques
- A South Florida acting couple lands the perfect roles: husband and wife
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Aug. 31
- A strong debut despite its shortcomings
- Coral Reef grad Ricky Ubeda vaults to the top of TVs So You Think You Can Dance
- Hometown restaurant groups Las Vegas Cuban, TooJays Deli are South Florida mainstays
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Retired Associated Press newsman dies in NY at 76
- Ex-Romanian foreign minister under communism dies
- Spanish fashion designer Pertegaz dies at 96
- Former Jethro Tull bass player Glenn Cornick dies
- Kurt Meyer, LA architect who was committed to civic service, dies at 92
- Ex-US sailor who spied for Soviets dies in prison
- Real estate executive and Jewish leader Kenneth Schwartz dies at 88
- Former Miami Dade College art teacher, artist Bob Huff dies at 69