President Barack Obama is repeating his position that involving the U.S. military in Ukraine is not an option he is considering.
President Barack Obama says he's surprised that House Majority Leader Eric Cantor is accusing him of failing to work with Congress on immigration.
Rio de Janeiro Mayor Eduardo Paes is viewed as the key person to speed up the city's delayed Olympics Games preparations. He has been the point man when all three levels of Brazilian government have debated expenditures for the 2016 Games.
President Barack Obama conveyed skepticism Thursday about Russian promises to de-escalate a volatile situation in Ukraine, and said the United State and its allies are ready to impose fresh sanctions if Moscow doesn't make good on its commitments.
Eight million people have signed up for health care through new insurance exchanges and the proportion of younger applicants has increased, President Barack Obama said Thursday. The enrollments exceeded expectations and offered new hope to Democrats who are defending the law ahead of the midterm elections.
President Barack Obama says he hopes Russia lives up to its agreement with Ukraine but adds that Russia's previous actions give him concern.
President Barack Obama is sending condolences to victims of a South Korean ferry disaster and says he will pay tribute during a visit to the country next week.
Yasiel Puig believes he has the support from his Los Angeles Dodgers teammates and the club to help him keep his focus on baseball despite challenges off the field.
It may be a few years before the first daughters head to college, but Michelle Obama is already brainstorming a dorm room checklist while encouraging high school students to dream big about their education beyond graduation.
The smugglers who helped Los Angeles Dodgers star Yasiel Puig leave Cuba on a speedboat have made death threats against him and against a Cuban boxer who says he defected with Puig, according to court documents.
- Police arrest two in Miami Gardens driveby shooting
- Former Hialeah mayor’s Ferrari deal grabs spotlight at tax-evasion trial
- Group says jailed Cuban journalist should be freed
- In Biscayne National Park, Eliott Key, damaged by Hurricane Sandy, reopens with improvements
- Miami-Dade among counties in Florida budget dispute over juvenile incarceration
- Strip club ‘armed guard’ recovering after head-bashing with concrete stand
- Federal judge waits for FBI in Sarasota Saudis case
- Court: Fla. discrimination law covers pregnancy
- Exotic, endangered animals thrive at Wild Oak preserve
- University of Miami pole vaulter Alysha Newman turns fear into success
- Palmetto repeats GMAC crown
- Jose Fernandez, Miami Marlins unravel late in loss to Washington Nationals
- David J. Neal: NCAA ruling on meals is really food for thought
- Booker T. Washington High School boys sprint to victories in the Region 4-2A meet
- Anti-bullying bill supported by Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross likely to fail
- University of Miami baseball team extends winning streak to 13 games by edging Florida Atlantic University 2-1
- Riviera Focacceria Italiana now open in the Shops of Midtown Miami
- Miami Beach may spend $26 million on land for transit hub
- Unexpected revenues help Jackson Health System
- Microsoft will celebrate new retail store at Aventura Mall with free performance by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas to call China home
- Wells Fargo names new regional president for South Florida
- Watsco reports record first quarter results
- AutoNation profit up 15 percent
- Miami chefs put a twist on Easter classics
- Cook’s Corner: Behold the new colors of Easter eggs
- Edgy Veggie: Eggless Egg Salad
- Fit tip: Get enough water
- Watch for sleep drug risks
- If stress has you on edge, these foods will settle you
- How to correct five common beauty mistakes
- Fast, cheap test can save the lives of many babies
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
- Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Harry Russell, 93, Miami-Dade’s champion for the disabled, has died
- World reacts to death of Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Works by Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Nobel laureate Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies
- Salsa great Cheo Feliciano dies in car crash at 78