Tribal officials say they haven't given up on the idea of an auto racing complex on the Warm Springs Indian Reservation in Central Oregon.
Along much of America's coasts, the type of flooding that is more annoying than dangerous has jumped more than fivefold in the last 50 years, the federal government reported Monday.
The Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights has added five schools to a list of 71 colleges under investigation for their handling of campus sexual assault.
The disability-insurance program administered by the Social Security Administration faces a depletion of reserves in 2016, absent changes to funding, and incoming revenues will fund only 80 percent of promised benefits, a new government report said Monday.
Republican Senate candidate Joni Ernst has returned from two weeks of training with the Iowa National Guard to a midterm election race against Democrat Bruce Braley that has become a competitive contest in the battle for Senate control.
Lawyers in Las Vegas want immigration authorities to release a wealthy Malaysian businessman who was charged in a World Cup betting scheme and remains in custody even after his poker star friends posted his bail.
Two proposals on Missouri's August ballot are attracting millions of dollars of campaign spending.
House Speaker John Boehner said Monday that support for Israel must be the United States' main focus and not peace mediation in a subtle jab at the Obama administration.
U.S. Sen. Claire McCaskill has given $240,000 from her campaign to the Missouri Democratic Party.
President Barack Obama is practically weepy at the thought of his daughter Malia going off to college, a milestone many months away that is already on his mind.
- Hamas, Israel trade blame for deaths of 9 children
- Shutdown of Miami’s State Road 112 canceled
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Iraq police find 17 bodies, some bound, in Baghdad
- Deal to improve veterans' health care costs $17B
- 8 new dancers join Miami City Ballet
- Florida voters approve of medical marijuana
- Dollar Tree steps up fight, buys Family Dollar
- Micky Arison reassures Miami Heat fans: ‘We are not done’
- Miami Dolphins rookie wide receiver Jarvis Landry catching on real fast
- Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Miller hopes to thrive in Bill Lazors new offense
- Continued surge could put Miami Marlins in buy mode for a starting pitcher
- Claw and order expected for Florida’s annual two-day lobster miniseason
- Early offense carries surging Miami Marlins past Houston Astros
- Miami Dolphins’ Cameron Wake, now 32, stills feels he’s in his prime
- Tarpon make for nice backup plan
- Latest designer condo: FENDI Château Residences
- Study: Miami’s economic recovery ranks No. 18 in U.S.
- Equinox acquiring Sports Club/LA, including club on Miami’s Brickell Avenue
- AT&T activates 7 more South Florida cell sites
- Apollo Bank receives final approvals to acquire First Bank of Miami
- Good deals: At merchandise liquidators, buyers find more for less
- Profile: Fort Lauderdale-based Trinity Air Ambulance International
- Q&A with Dan Levy, Facebooks global director of small business
- Candy-bar ‘bites’ take a bite out of wallets
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: How much sleep do I really need? Or, 7 is the new 8
- Pile this orzo pilaf onto your plate
- Jock Doc: New advances in hip-replacement surgery can help in the long term
- Plastric surgery 101: Puffy eyes can happen to younger people
- Pickle power: Tangy veggies give sandwiches a piquant crunch
- Chill out: Homemade ice cream can be traditional or exotic
- A pair of sisters take on post-war America in Amy Bloom’s ‘Lucky Us’
- Tales of worldy travels take ghostly turn
- Naturalist’s book gives hope for wildlife preservation
- An A-to-Z guide to Miami Spice 2014
- ‘Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy’ brings a United Nations of talent to the Broward Center stage
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- Actors’ Playhouse returns to the Baby Boomer well for ‘Mid-Life 2! (The Crisis Continues)’
- 12 years in the making, “Boyhood” depicts coming-of-age like no other film
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of July 20
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former Seattle Mayor Paul Schell dies
- 'Up the Down Staircase' writer Kaufman dies at 103
- Charter bus entrepreneur, educator Veronica Timpson dies at 64
- Bill Thompson co-starred on 'Wallace and Ladmo'
- Venezuelan executive, human-rights advocate Thor Halvorssen dies in South Florida
- From bank security guard to vice president, Edward Duffie Sr. dies at 77
- Deaf educator and pioneer Robert Panara dies at 94
- Dan Borislow, magicJack inventor, dies at 52