Tens of thousands of dollars earmarked for a Chicago anti-violence program that was launched by Gov. Pat Quinn in 2010— and has recently come under scrutiny — was paid to the husband of Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.
A minister from Oklahoma City who has been working as a congressional staffer in Washington, D.C., is joining the crowded field of Republicans seeking to replace U.S. Rep. James Lankford.
The Supreme Court has declined to wade into a dispute between the Episcopal Church and a conservative congregation that left the denomination in a rift over homosexuality and other issues.
Dr. Seuss had it right: Horton really does hear a Who. Wild elephants can distinguish between human languages, and they can tell whether a voice comes from a man, woman or boy, a new study says.
The Smithsonian Institution today named Cornell University president David Skorton secretary of the “nation’s attic,” only the 13th person to lead the system’s 19 museums and National Zoo since it was founded in 1846.. Skorton will start July 1, 2015.
An associate of former U.S. Rep. David Rivera pleaded not guilty Monday to four campaign finance violations involving tens of thousands of dollars in alleged illegal contributions to a previously unknown candidate.
The Senate has overwhelmingly approved a bill that would make big changes in the military justice system to deal with sexual assault.
Pitching himself as an ally to Silicon Valley, presidential hopeful Sen. Marco Rubio proposed giving cellphone companies more access to government-controlled airwaves as part of a package of pro-business initiatives he said would create "thousands upon thousands of high-paying jobs."
A bipartisan group of 105 lawmakers urged the Defense Department on Monday to make it easier for practicing Sikh Americans who wear beards and turbans to serve in the military.
The Obama administration says it's pulling the plug on proposed changes to the Medicare prescription program that ran into strong opposition on Capitol Hill.
- Syrian refugee crisis brings Israelis and Arabs together in Miami Beach
- Sbarro files for bankruptcy protection again
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Newtown gunman's dad opens up in magazine article
- Shoe-bomb witness testifies from UK at NY trial
- Man convicted of slaying 7 awarded nearly $500K
- ‘Deporter-in-chief’: Obama placed on defensive in appearance before Latino groups
- Big quake strikes off N. Calif., no tsunami threat
- Miami Hurricanes pay tribute to JoJo Nicolas
- Greg Cote: Patrick Reed has the right look and game to match it
- Florida Panthers sunk by Boston Bruins for eighth game in a row
- Miami Dolphins reach deal with safety Louis Delmas; several more key moves possible
- Patrick Reed stays steady and strong in victory at WGC-Cadillac Championship
- Canelo Alvarez makes successful return to ring after loss
- Henry Rodriguez, Carter Capps among candidates for open Miami Marlins bullpen spots
- Miami Hurricanes final home game is special
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Business group to represent Alton store owners in Miami Beach
- Dadeland Mall’s terrace dining is kicking off
- 18 banks get top ratings from BauerFinancial; four get lowest ratings
- Israeli cruise passengers denied entry to Tunisia
- Construction underway on new AC Hotel by Marriott
- McDonald’s sales dragged down by fourth-straight drop
- Carls Furniture to close its three remaining stores
- Mother, son undergo same procedure with same surgeon — on the same day
- Fred Tasker’s wine column: Cabernet sauvignon is the king of wines, the wine of kings
- Woman has run marathons in all 50 states
- George Saunders wins Folio Prize for literature
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: The story of Marissa Alexander: When justice is blind, deaf and dumb
- Beltway insiders go behind the usual caricatures in Hillary Clinton book
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- Film icon Robert Redford joins wife Sibylle Redfords Way of the Rain Miami performance at YoungArts
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Hernandez, heroine of Cuban revolution, dies at 92
- William Clay Ford, car-company leader and Detroit Lions owner, dies at 88
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies
- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92