In 2010, Vincent Gray received 72,648 votes in the District of Columbia's Democratic mayoral primary. That was good enough for a nearly 10-percentage point victory over incumbent Adrian Fenty, but it meant that just 22 percent of the city's registered Democrats cast ballots for Gray.
White House Deputy National Security Adviser Tony Blinken says that it is too early to tell whether foul play was a factor in the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines flight.
Voters in this stretch of beach towns and retirement communities provide the first 2014 campaign test of whether Democrats can counter GOP attacks on the president's health care overhaul by accusing Republicans of threatening popular benefit programs for the elderly.
If the apparent slow death of immigration legislation has any political repercussions this year, they probably will be felt in the subdivisions, shopping centers and ethnic eateries wrapped around Denver's southern end.
A sure sign that spring is on the horizon: daylight saving time has arrived.
The drama that has thus far defined the 2014 Pac-12 Conference women's basketball tournament has avoided the Oregon State Beavers.
Federal safety officials say a team of experts is en route to Asia to be ready to assist in the investigation of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner that disappeared with 239 people on board.
A top White House official who has been with President Barack Obama since he first became a senator nine years ago is resigning.
Republican delegates in Eden Prairie have declined to endorse state Rep. Jenifer Loon, one of four House Republicans who voted in favor of same-sex marriage.
Politicians poked fun at adversaries and themselves Saturday night at the annual Gridiron dinner, a gathering of journalists and public figures.
- Comcast challenging Disney's hold on tourism trade
- Syrian rebels release nuns held since December
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Baltimore Ravens player arrested in Key West bar fight
- Barricaded man shot in standoff with police in Northeast Miami-Dade
- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties
- Aftershock from January earthquake rattles parts of Cuba, Florida Keys Sunday
- Report: Lineman Branden Albert plans to sign deal with Miami Dolphins
- Patrick Reed stays steady and strong in victory at WGC-Cadillac Championship
- Canelo Alvarez makes successful return to ring after loss
- Henry Rodriguez, Carter Capps among candidates for open Miami Marlins bullpen spots
- LeBron James drops the ball in Miami Heats loss to Chicago Bulls
- Greg Cote: Patrick Reed has the right look and game to match it
- LeBron James struggles during Miami Heats road trip
- Bubba Watson, Jamie Donaldson satisfied with second-place finishes in Cadillac Championship
- South Florida-based company Regal Springs Tilapia is the king of fresh tilapia
- Capitol Clothing Corp. is boosting sales of its infants’ and boys’ apparel
- Q&A: Diane Sanchez reflects on eMerge Americas movement, upcoming conference
- DonorCommunity expands, now serves more than 140 nonprofits
- Miami company takes golfers into danger zones
- Sign up for free Business Plan Bootcamp
- Pipeline Fellowship angel investing bootcamp coming to South Florida
- Mango tree may be getting too much water
- Southern Cross Stargazer for March 9-15, 2014
- Caves, comfort food in Hocking Hills
- It’s OK to change HOA policies
- When airline cancels route, what happens to credits?
- Florida: Kennedy Space Center welcomes Brevard Symphony for Space Shuttle Atlantis concert March 22
- Walter Kirn reveals the true, bizarre story of a world-class scammer — and his own gullibility
- Culture critic examines the lasting appeal of ‘Network’
- Local, vocal talent powers fun, funny ‘Spamalot’ at Actors’ Playhouse
- Wynwood art cinema makes upgrades
- John Turturro to be honored Sunday by Miami Film Festival
- Top directors covet slot at Miami International Film Festival
- Sprung beer festival to feature spring and summer brews
- Justin Bieber is due back in South Florida
- Documentary chronicles the passion and perseverance of Nick and Marc Buoniconti
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
- Afghan VP, ex-Northern alliance commander, dies
- GOP fundraiser Welch dies at 80
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- John Cyril Malloy, patent and intellectual lawyer, dies at 83
- Producer of early Grammy, NFL telecasts dead at 93