Scientists are watching an iceberg bigger than the island of Guam as it slowly moves away from an Antarctic glacier.
Allegations painting a culture of patronage hiring in Gov. Pat Quinn's administration became an election-year obstacle for the Chicago Democrat on Wednesday as good government groups raised concerns about the potential for corruption and his Republican challenger latched onto the idea.
Spurred by a series of fiery train crashes, a push by government and industry to make safer tank cars used for shipping crude oil and ethanol has bogged down in squabbling and finger-pointing over whether they're needed and if so, who should pay.
A federal judge on Wednesday dismissed criminal charges against a former Blackwater security guard whose actions allegedly triggered the shootings of dozens of Iraqi citizens at a traffic circle in Baghdad nearly seven years ago.
EDITOR'S NOTE: In 1981, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported the first cases of a rare pneumonia that had sickened five Los Angeles gay men. The AIDS epidemic had begun.
Rio de Janeiro's top security official on Wednesday promised a rigorous investigation into the death of a young man that sparked overnight clashes in a slum near a key Olympic venue and did not rule out that police may have been responsible.
French economist Thomas Piketty and his research partners have transformed the wealth gap debate by popularizing the concept of a financially elite 1 percent.
The Obama administration said Wednesday it is cutting the amount of coal dust allowed in coal mines in an effort to help reduce black lung disease.
Postal workers plan protests in 27 states Thursday against the opening of postal counters in Staples stores that are staffed with Staples employees.
The Supreme Court on Wednesday declined to overturn the death sentence of a man who confessed to kidnapping, raping and killing a 16-year-old girl in Kentucky.
- MIA director rounds out executive team
- Traffic is main concern for Miami Beach residents worried about soccer stadium
- Pineda ejected for pine tar use
- Myles Malman, who led prosecution of Manuel Noriega, dies at 67
- Statewide crime is down, while murders, rape, robberies are up in Miami-Dade, report shows
- Legislation to make killing fetuses a crime in Florida awaits Gov. Rick Scott’s signature
- Everglades restoration postponed by U.S. Army Corps
- Lawyer: Alan Gross wants out of Cuba dead or alive
- Miami Heat survives late Bobcats surge, beats Charlotte for 2-0 series lead
- Miami Marlins strike out 16 times, fall to Braves 3-1
- DAGA/First Tee still flourishes for young golfers
- More than 25,000 participants expected for Miami Corporate Run
- Miami Dolphins to open vs. Patriots, play Bills and Jets in prime time
- Cypress Bay boys, Westminster girls advance to FHSAA Water Polo second round
- Miami Dolphins WR Mike Wallace excited about new offensive system
- Veteran Miami Heat players ready for grind of NBA playoffs
- Florida’s Do Not Call list has grown since fee was eliminated
- Net Element closes on $11.2 million in financing
- Soneet Kapila and Barry Mukamal combine to form new consulting firm
- TiramesU to close on Miami Beach’s Lincoln Road, reopen on Washington Avenue
- Miami-based Rubell Hotels adds Baltimore property
- In our hectic, time-crunched society, religion has become less of a priority
- Coding schools putting down roots in Miami
- South Florida home, condo prices rose in March, despite growing inventory
- Florida House votes to regulate e-cigarette sales
- Pets column: Dog feels pain; she just shows it in a different way
- Britto ‘parking’ meters benefit homeless but cause confusion
- Dinner in minutes: Easy gyro sandwiches with tzatziki
- Francine Prose reconstructs a Nazi collaborator and Paris in this dazzling historical novel.
- A boy spies on his mom in Mona Simpson’s fresh new novel
- To sleep well, adjust what you eat — and when
- Going green with the smoothie
- Celebrity birthdays on April 23
- Amazon snares classic shows in deal with HBO
- Indian film awards arrive in Tampa, Fla., but why?
- Myles Chefetz, Michael Schwartz dominate Miamis fine-dining scene
- PAMM’s ‘Caribbean: Crossroads of the World’ exhibit is tumultuous, thought-provoking
- Jack White records songs, releases vinyl in hours
- Billboard Latin Music Conference celebrates 25th anniversary next week in Miami
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Camilla’s brother dies in US after head injury
- Camilla's brother dies in US after head injury
- Former AP reporter Robert Heard dies at age 84
- Oscar-nominated director of sled dog film dies
- Oldest living ex-MLB player dies in Cuba at 102
- Former AP photographer Harry Koundakjian dies
- Francis Moore, father of Michael Moore, dies at 92
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, boxer wrongly imprisoned 19 years, dies at 76