The United States is working on a package of non-lethal aid for Ukraine that could include medical supplies and clothing, but would stop short of providing body armor and other military-style equipment, U.S. officials said Wednesday.
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mark Schauer said Wednesday he would make education his top budget priority, but didn't specify how much he'd spend on schools or universities.
U.S. Sen. Mark Kirk says he'll now campaign for Republican U.S. Senate candidate Jim Oberweis, weeks after saying he wouldn't actively campaign for the dairy magnate.
Incumbent U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts has maintained his fundraising advantage over fellow Republican Dr. Milton Wolf in their Kansas primary race according to the latest reports filed with federal election officials.
Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton says he wants to return $750 in contributions in his bid for the Republican nomination for governor from a couple who pleaded guilty in a campaign contribution scandal. But the money has already been spent, Boughton said.
A 27-year-old first-term Republican state representative from Oklahoma City who put $500,000 of his own money into his campaign has amassed the biggest war chest in the race to replace U.S. Rep. James Lankford in the 5th Congressional District, federal campaign finance reports show.
President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will travel to the Community College of Allegheny County in Oakdale, Pa., on Wednesday to talk about new efforts to link up job training with what employers need.
U.S. factory output rose further last month, extending strong growth from February after harsh weather had caused production to tumble in January. Manufacturers produced more furniture, clothing, chemicals and aerospace products.
A new Reuters/Ipsos poll found about one-third of those responding said they prefer the Democrats' approach to health care. Republicans polled 18 percent.
U.S home construction rose moderately in March as builders resumed work at the end of a frigid winter. But applications for building permits slid, clouding the outlook for future construction.
- Police: Couple dead in Aventura murder-suicide
- Jordanian jets strike vehicles on Syrian border
- 2 ships collide, cargo ship grounded in Virginia
- 283 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Downtown Doral Charter Elementary School shows new vision for local schools
- Police still searching for killer of woman, 62
- Coast Guard works to clean fuel spill in Miamis Government Cut
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Florida Panthers win draft lottery, will have No. 1 overall pick in 2014 NHL Entry Draft
- Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna pace Miami Marlins rout of Washington Nationals
- University of Miami pole vaulter Alysha Newman overcomes fear to succeed
- FIFA World Cup Trophy makes the rounds as Brazil promises an efficiently run 2014 tournament
- Cypress Bay girls tennis team delayed; Coral Gables wins boys title
- Miami Heat experiences changes but same goal remains
- Coral Gables edges past Cypress Bay for first boys state tennis title in 42 years
- Pembroke Pines Charter beats Cooper City, wins District 12 boys water polo championship
- Miami lawmakers make one more push to extend healthcare to immigrant children
- Miami Beach to host town hall meeting to discuss Beckham’s soccer proposal
- eMerge Americas Techweek to bring in array of experts, events
- Coral Gables may swap two old parking garages for a new one
- Centene Management signs lease for office space at Sawgrass Plaza in Sunrise
- Verizon installs advanced wireless systems at arenas
- For workers, low wages still create stress
- Q&A with AutoNation’s Mike Jackson: Sharing his views on the state of the auto industry
- Cook’s Corner: Behold the new colors of Easter eggs
- A Fork on the Road: Choices Cafe gives vegans plenty of flavor
- Fit tip: Get enough water
- Watch for sleep drug risks
- If stress has you on edge, these foods will settle you
- How to correct five common beauty mistakes
- Fast, cheap test can save the lives of many babies
- Don’t manage anger — banish it!
- ‘Fear Up Harsh’ propels Miami’s Christopher Demos-Brown into the national spotlight
- Tiny victims of a conspiracy of silence
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- Streisand, Chenoweth director Richard Jay-Alexander to receive LGBT Unity Coalition award in Miami Beach
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Miami-based National Water Dance Project aims to raise awareness of threats to a crucial resource
- Dance review: Miami-based Brazzdance’s premiere of ‘DaDa’ ambitious and mostly rewarding
- Iconic Hollywood actor Mickey Rooney dies at 93
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email email@example.com. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- British journalist Patrick Seale dies at 84
- South Florida civil rights and fair housing leader Janet Launcelott dies
- Tony Award-winning actress Phyllis Frelich dies
- Young basketball fan's memorial set for next week
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69
- Songwriter Jesse Winchester dies at age 69
- Former Hawks All-Star Lou Hudson dies at 69
- British academic Richard Hoggart dies at 95