President Barack Obama says his travels beyond the capital and his visits with selected letter writers demonstrate the need for Congress to act on his stalled economic agenda.
Democrats have long claimed that Republicans abused their legislative powers to elect a disproportionate number of U.S. House members. Now a Florida court is lending credence to their complaint.
Welcome to Barack Obama's split-screen presidency.
The military might have been able to prevent two of the four U.S. deaths in Benghazi if commanders had known more about the intensity of the sporadic gunfire directed at the CIA installation where Americans had taken refuge and had pressed to get a rescue team there faster, according to senior military leaders.
Brazil has proved its doubters wrong by putting on a highly successful World Cup, President Dilma Rousseff said on the eve of the tournament's final match between Germany and Argentina this weekend.
President Dilma Rousseff said Friday that on the eve of the World Cup's final match this weekend, her country has proved doubters of Brazil's ability to organize a big event wrong.
Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor's campaign announced Friday he's raised $1.5 million over the past three months in his increasingly expensive and heated fight for a third term in a nationally watched race.
California's drowsy race for governor turned sharply confrontational Friday, as the Republican challenging Gov. Jerry Brown accused him of ignoring the plight of poor and minority students in struggling public schools.
A lower percentage of voters went to the polls in the June primary in California than in any previous statewide election, the secretary of state said Friday as elections officials in Imperial and Kern counties began recounting ballots in the contested race for state controller.
Here's a look at the week's most interesting and important developments in Hawaii's election campaigns:
- UN calls for Israeli-Palestinian cease-fire
- Migrant boy buried in Guatemala hometown
- Tracy Morgan released from rehab month after crash
- Man accuses Pouncey twins of early morning nightclub assault
- Martin takes 3-shot lead at Women's British Open
- Amid probe, another DCI inmate death is under scrutiny
- Redistricting ruling could mean big change, or status quo
- Congressional ringer Justin Sternard, saying he was duped by David Rivera, gets 7 months
- Aric Almirola fulfills lifelong dream with victory in rain-shortened Coke Zero 400 this past Sunday
- Two Florida Panthers prospects prove South Florida can be recruiting hotbed
- Miami Marlins starter Henderson Alvarez hit hard in loss to New York Mets
- Germanys prolific scorer Thomas Mueller has sights on more than World Cup title
- Miami Marlins Giancarlo Stanton says LeBrons decision took a lot of guts
- Miami Marlins’ Henderson Alvarez makes NL All-Star team as injury replacement
- Greg Cote: South Florida should react with gratitude, not anger, over LeBron James departure
- Armando Salguero: LeBron James emotional choice is big gamble
- Copa Airlines kicks off service between Fort Lauderdale and Panama
- Jose Diaz-Balart to host weekday MSNBC news show from Miami
- World Cup defeat can hurt domestic stock market
- Fanny pack mixup unravels massive Medicare fraud scheme in Key Biscayne
- Feds hit payday lender with $10 million in penalties, refunds
- Lawsuit filed against Aventura Hospital after a patient was killed by another patient
- Spirit Airlines offering free miles to “haters”
- Judge dismisses two city of Miami predatory lending lawsuits
- Carnival is rockin’ the boat with shipboard concerts
- Antebellum Trail meanders through towns that Gen. Sherman spared
- Boys will be boys (and sometimes girls) in Ariel Schrag’s ‘Adam’
- Biographer examines the contributions of John Quincy Adams
- Florida: Lake Placid Caladium Festival set for July 25-27
- Ana Veciana-Suarez: I’m stressed out, but so is everyone else
- Magens Bay: Pirate hangout now a beach for tourists
- Visitors wait 5 hours for Harry Potter ride
- Celebs enjoy Florida Supercon as much as fans
- ‘Calígula’: disturbing, richly provoking, void of hope
- Remembering Roger Ebert
- Miley Cyrus dating producer; what will happen to Real Housewives of Atlanta star Phaedra Parks?
- Former ‘Bachelor’ winner Courtney Robertson writes of love
- Manu Bennett, FSCW, Headlocked, Hurricane storm through South Florida at Florida Supercon
- Glee star Chris Colfer visits Miami’s Books & Books with ‘Land of Stories’
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies for the week of July 6
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Associate: Tommy Ramone, last of the Ramones, dies
- Eileen Ford, whose agency set standards for the modeling industry, dies at 92
- Associate: Tommy Ramone, last of the Ramones, dies
- Jazz bass innovator Charlie Haden dies at 76
- 'Harry Potter' actor Legeno dies in Death Valley
- Ken Thorne, Oscar-winning composer, dies at 90
- John Seigenthaler, Tennessee journalist, dies
- Alaska Native land-claims leader dies