In a symbolic show of support for Ukraine's fledgling government, President Barack Obama is meeting with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in the Oval Office on Thursday after the leader of the former Soviet republic speaks to a rare joint session of Congress.
President Barack Obama's request for congressional backing to train and arm rebels battling Islamic State militants in Syria is halfway home after its easy approval by the GOP-controlled House sent the issue to the Senate, where leaders in both parties say approval is ensured.
Nearly 11 years after Barry Bonds testified before a grand jury investigating the illegal distribution of performance-enhancing drugs, a group of judges will hear arguments on whether baseball's career home-run leader should have his obstruction of justice conviction thrown out.
Independent candidate Greg Orman's business dealings are facing new scrutiny in Kansas' unexpectedly competitive U.S. Senate race, as he acknowledged his friendship with a former Goldman Sachs board member sentenced to federal prison for insider trading.
U.S. lawmakers on Wednesday tore apart the Obama administration’s strategy to fight the Islamic State, expressing skepticism about the scope, duration and partners involved in what Secretary of State John Kerry acknowledged would be a “multi-year effort.”
Lawmakers this week are showing they can sometimes march together, at least when it comes to helping veterans.
As House Democrats made a Hail Mary attempt to force a vote on laws to protect gays in the workplace, Rep. Robert Pittenger, R-N.C., continues to stand by comments he made earlier this month that businesses should be free to fire employees based on their sexual orientation.
President Barack Obama praised a House vote Wednesday granting him authority for the U.S. military to train and arm moderate Syrian rebels, calling it an important step toward confronting the Islamic State group.
A jury has acquitted the Minnesota Republican Party's endorsed candidate for Supreme Court on a misdemeanor DWI charge.
Representatives for Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy say he's traveling to California for political fundraising, but are not providing any details of the trip.
- Toxic soil forces closure of athletic fields at Colonial Drive Park
- Iraq war veteran sues Gov. Rick Scott, state of Florida over loss of job
- Miami-Dade budget faces final vote
- Miami Beach shows off new anti-flooding pumps
- President Barack Obama rules out ground troops vs. Islamic State group: ‘We’re not going to do this alone’
- Contractor gets 7 years in military secrets case
- Dog missing from Pennsylvania found in Oregon
- Sheriff: Burned armpit hair led to Idaho car crash
- Miami Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill tries to target problem of inaccuracy
- FIU Panthers freshman duo find rhythm on offense
- Miami Heat adds Keith Smart, Chris Quinn as assistant coaches
- Miami Hurricanes show no fear of going to Nebraska
- John Murillo fights through trying times on football field for Goleman High
- Miami Marlins defeat Mets, end long road trip 5-5
- Ransom wins Youth Fair title
- Gray Crow moves back to quarterback for University of Miami
- Atlantic Broadband offers 1 Gigabit service
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport’s new $719 million, 8,000-foot runway is ready for take off
- Fort Lauderdale home health firm settles federal whistleblower case.
- Citrix purchases South Florida startup
- Books & Books coming to Arsht Center campus in downtown Miami
- Fed signals firm end to bond buying
- Brickell Motors buys Ocean Cadillac
- In the social media age, private actions are company business
- How to find a doctor who makes house calls
- Celebrating Halloween at the theme parks
- Jewish Museum of Florida’s recipe contest celebrates foods of the High Holy Days
- Get to know freekeh, a ‘new’ ancient grain
- Color is the new black: Spring/summer fashion trend report
- Make a Carrabba’s fan-favorite chicken dish at home
- Florida: 4th annual Monarch Festival set for Sept. 27-28 in Earleton
- Fit Tip: Should I use ice or heat?
- At Fort Lauderdale‘s Empire Stage, shorts from Pigs Do Fly fail to take off
- Miami’s Cannonball launches effort to improve discourse over art and artists
- Celebrity birthdays on Sept 12
- Cuba’s Danzabierta performs a glittery psychological portrait with “Showroom” in Miami
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Ode to puzzles on target
- Gameday Grub: Guide to new food and returning fan favorites at Sun Life Stadium
- Start your diets, save your dimes: South Beach Wine and Food Festival unveils 2015 lineup
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Powerful Washington lobbyist Boggs dies at 73
- Bob Crewe, 'Walk Like a Man' writer, dead at 83
- Israeli ex-Mossad chief Yitzhak Hofi dead at 87
- Pulitzer-winning cartoonist Tony Auth dies at 72
- Spanish department store head Alvarez dies at 79
- Japan's World War II film idol Rikoran dies at 94
- Jazz-funk pioneer Joe Sample dies at 75
- WS star Frank Torre, Joe's brother, dies at 82