President Barack Obama’s vacation in Martha’s Vineyard -- interrupted by turmoil at home and abroad -- has earned him some bad headlines.
Republican Asa Hutchinson and Democrat Mike Ross on Friday used a forum to draw distinctions between their plans for managing the state budget and their priorities for cutting taxes.
The internal records of as many as 25,000 Homeland Security Department employees were exposed during a recent computer break-in at a federal contractor that handles security clearances, an agency official said Friday.
Think New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, whose competence in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy helped raise his profile outside his state.
Spring Green attorney Pat Bomhack has asked for a recount in his tight Democratic primary with Ernie Wittwer, a former state Department of Transportation budget director.
After spending millions on advertising and crisscrossing the state for months, attending barbecues, chamber of commerce meetings and other events to get their message out, Arizona's six-way Republican governor's primary is widely seen as a contest between Mesa Mayor Scott Smith and Arizona Treasurer Doug Ducey.
A Florida judge on Friday gave a victory to the state's Republican-controlled Legislature, rendering a decision that effectively forces voters to choose candidates in November based on a congressional map that he ruled was invalid because it favored the GOP.
Two U.S. senators called for an outside investigation of how the Air Force Academy handles sexual assaults, including an allegation that agents were blocked from speaking to football coaches.
State Sen. Joe Leibham said Friday that he would not request a recount in the Republican primary for Wisconsin's lone open congressional seat, freeing state Sen. Glenn Grothman to begin his general election campaign for the seat held by retiring U.S. Rep. Tom Petri.
Illlinois Republican gubernatorial candidate Bruce Rauner suffered a double blow Friday with the approval of a Nov. 4 ballot that does not include his referendum to limit the terms of Illinois lawmakers but features a Libertarian candidate which could undercut his draw of conservative votes.
- Three teens injured after being hit by a car in Doral
- Nurse who refused to force-feed sent home from Guantánamo
- Rocket explodes during test flight; no injuries
- ND teacher of the year charged with 5 felonies
- Costa Rica to investigate US anti-Cuba program
- Billionaire pinpoints Museum Park as favored flagpole site
- UCF student injured in armed robbery
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Miami Dolphins’ Knowshon Moreno in position to earn expanded role
- Seven spots still up for grabs on Florida Gators’ roster
- Miami Central football coach receives slur-filled hate mail from Alabama ‘fan’
- Armando Salguero: Dan Marino’s role with Miami Dolphins is welcome but undefined
- Florida State Seminoles, fans celebrate 63rd annual kickoff luncheon
- University of Miami’s CanesFest will be on campus Saturday
- Top-tier teams Booker T. Washington, Oscar Smith to face off in nationally televised game
- Miami Hurricanes season tickets in high demand
- Aeromexico adds fourth weekly Miami-Merida flight
- Memorial Regional Hospital’s heart program accredited
- The American consumer is back, with an asterisk
- Advanced Capital completes purchase of broker-dealer Lake Forest Securities
- Check online Social Security account to avoid costly errors
- Inherit? Invest
- Tom Hudson: This has been the summer of cooling energy prices
- FPL expects to reduce rates in 2015
- Memories of Benjamin Franklin all over town
- Condo line: Substantial surplus funds in operating budget not necessarily a good thing
- Florida: St. Augustine Spanish Wine Festival set for Sept. 9-13
- My infant daughter doesn’t have a ticket — who’s responsible?
- Jess Row’s ‘Your Face in Mine’ explores race in a fascinating context
- New surgery can relieve epileptic seizures
- Dance, yoga, art — all help Parkinson’s patients keep moving
- Sleep apnea is a risk factor for strokes
- Screen gems: What’s ahead in movies and on TV for the week of Friday
- Preserving America’s seafood heritage
- Robin Williams 10 Best Movies
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 11
- Three women struggle after deployment in Helen Thorpe’s compelling ‘Soldier Girls’
- Culture Shock Miami brings cheap tickets and love of the arts to youth
- ‘Shorts Gone Wild 2’ finds laughs and deeper moments in brief LGBT-themed plays
- Celebrity birthdays on Aug 10
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Former AP photo editor Toby Massey dies
- Alaska serial killer Robert Hansen dies at 75
- Mento performer Joseph 'Powda' Bennett dies at 76
- Former Vatican City governor Szoka dies at age 86
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Former Cuban countess Maria Duany dies at 98
- Indian yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar dies at 95
- Don Pardo: a link to TV's birth, says 'SNL' boss