Northwestern University's football players will cast ballots Friday on whether to form the nation's first union for college athletes — a potentially landmark vote that will be kept sealed for months and possibly years.
Coach Luis Felipe Scolari has confirmed nine players who will make Brazil's squad for the World Cup at home.
Democratic incumbent Tom Udall holds a large fundraising advantage over two Republican challengers in the race for New Mexico's U.S. Senate seat.
Former Honolulu Mayor Mufi Hannemann has announced he will run for governor as an independent, saying he is more likely to win if candidates from major parties split the vote.
Federal health regulators have cleared a genetic test from Roche as a first-choice screening option for cervical cancer. It was a role previously reserved for the Pap smear, the decades-old mainstay of women's health.
While researchers have sometimes connected weather extremes to man-made global warming, usually it's not done in real time. Now a study is asserting a link between climate change and both the intensifying California drought and the polar vortex blamed for a harsh winter that mercifully has just ended in many places.
Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky has a 5 percentage point lead in Colorado over Democrat Hillary Clinton in a possible 2016 presidential matchup, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll.
The secretary of the Homeland Security Department put the agency's former internal watchdog on administrative leave Thursday following the release of a Senate report that concluded he was too cozy with senior agency officials and improperly rewrote, delayed or classified some critical reports to accommodate President Barack Obama's political appointees.
The suspension of peace talks between Israel and Palestinians on Thursday delivered the harshest blow yet to Secretary of State John Kerry's ambitious, if perhaps quixotic, hope of ending the decades-long impasse at the cost of focusing on other crises around the world. But Kerry refused to accept defeat, saying "we will never give up our hope or our commitment for the possibilities" of Mideast peace.
Michelle Obama is ready to celebrate the art of fashion.
- Florida legislators want to steer Citizens policies to unregulated alternative
- Kerry warns of new sanctions if Russia doesn't 'change course'
- Cuban government halts some travelers to island
- NRA seeks universal gun law at national meeting
- US proposes pay-for-priority Internet standards
- Fla. House poised to ok changes to state pension
- FDA eases into regulating e-cigarettes
- Judge to allow hearing for British citizen convicted in 1986 Miami double murder
- Miami Marlins Christian Yelich thriving in leading role
- Miami Heats defense designed for playoff time
- St. Thomas Sparling dazzles
- Tight end Austin Seferian-Jenkins could fall to Miami Dolphins in second round
- Romeros four hits lead Americans win
- Miami Dolphins center Mike Pouncey still in holding pattern
- Monarch pulls away to reach semifinals
- Southwest wins GMAC volleyball title
- March hotel occupancy dips in Miami-Dade
- Merged American Airlines swings to record profit
- Miami Lakes-based BankUnited’s first quarter profits rise
- Royal Caribbean Cruises reports lower-than-expected profits
- Florida House votes to regulate e-cigarette sales
- Coral Gables drug company to make new medicine available at no cost
- Florida’s Do Not Call list has grown since fee was eliminated
- Net Element closes on $11.2 million in financing
- Elizabeth Warren writes of family, politics and growing up poor in new memoir
- Center for Literature and Theatre promotes Spanish poetry contest
- Florida: Da Vinci exhibit held over through July 7
- My wife is in intensive care — what about her airline ticket?
- Quick trips: A bonanza of blooms at Central Florida gardens
- Canadian cruise provides a bit of northern exposure
- As Cubans move on, face of Little Havana changes
- How to choose an assisted living facility
- Spend the night with Joan Collins
- Cuba Gooding Jr to divorce, Al Gore’s daughter marries
- Celebrity birthdays on April 23
- Amazon snares classic shows in deal with HBO
- Indian film awards arrive in Tampa, Fla., but why?
- Myles Chefetz, Michael Schwartz dominate Miamis fine-dining scene
- PAMM’s ‘Caribbean: Crossroads of the World’ exhibit is tumultuous, thought-provoking
- Jack White records songs, releases vinyl in hours
Powered by Legacy.com ©
To place a Death Notice, please call 305-376-8901 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include: Your name, daytime phone number, address, method of payment, name of funeral home/crematory to contact for verification of death. To place it online click here.
If you have a suggestion for a staff-written obituary, please send an email to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com
- Community activist Marie Faulkner Brown, who helped black-owned businesses, dies at 89
- WLRN’s Caribbean music host Rich Davis, ‘the man inside your radio,’ dies at 41
- Advertising executive Marvin Tinsley dies at 89
- Educator, civic activist Shirley Merlin West dies at 84
- Austrian architect Hans Hollein dies at 80
- Camilla’s brother dies in US after head injury
- Camilla's brother dies in US after head injury
- Former AP reporter Robert Heard dies at age 84