Whether you drink your coffee by the potful, take it with sugar, add a splash of cream, or simply leave it black and bold, for many of us every day is a reason to be grateful for the bean-y brew.
Today, however, coffee drinkers around the country have one more reason to celebrate: It’s National Coffee Day and with it come some free cups of Joe.
Here is a list of places to visit for your first coffee break of the day:
- ▪ Krispy Kreme offers a free 12-ounce cup of coffee at participating locations. If you’re more of a mocha, latte or iced coffee type, they have a deal for that, too. A dollar will get you one of those.
- ▪ McDonald’s got a head start on the competition, starting a National Coffee Day promotion almost two weeks early. The fast-food giant has been serving up free small coffees since Sept. 16, a wide-reaching promotion that culminates Monday for National Coffee Day.
- ▪ Dunkin’ Donuts promises to treat its customers to a free 12-ounce coffee at participating locations.
- ▪ Starbucks, however, seems to lag behind. The Seattle coffee behemoth is only offering free samples of its Anniversary Blend. You have to be quick, too, since the promotion ends at noon. To make up, perhaps, the company offers free shipping on orders of coffee over $30.
- ▪ Fans of Seattle’s Best Coffee can visit the company’s Facebook page to claim a $2-off coupon.