Here’s what Miami is talking about Wednesday:
1. Taxed: It’s April 15, and Tax Day has cometh. Are you scrambling to file at the last minute? We’ve got some help for you.
2. Playing for nothing: The Heat is official out of the playoffs. But there is one more game to play. Will you be watching? Miami takes on the Philadelphia 76ers at 8 p.m.
3. Teacher protest: With some teachers feeling intimidated by the school district when they speak out, a protest is possible at Wednesday’s Miami-Dade School Board meeting.
4. Conventional complexity: Miami Beach got just one bid to renovate its outdated convention center, and the City Commission will be asked on Wednesday for it to be opened to see if the price is in the city’s $500 million budget.
5. In court: South Florida eye doctor Salomon Melgen, arrested on Medicare fraud charges involving more than $190 million in billing, will have a first appearance in federal court in West Palm Beach on Wednesday after spending the night in the Palm Beach County Jail.