Here’s what Miami is talking about Tuesday:
1. In stitches: Christie Brinkley has left a Miami hospital and is back on her Caribbean vacation after a violent encounter with a bird that messed up her face.
2. Last shaker of salt: One of South Florida’s favorite sons, Jimmy Buffett, will strum for the masses in the state Capitol Monday afternoon at a rally for the Everglades.
3. In the halls of justice: The Florida Supreme Court on Tuesday will hear arguments about Miami’s “financial urgency.” The city’s police union is challenging the designation and the salary concessions that come with it.
Never miss a local story.
4. All or nothing: The injury-depleted Miami Heat needs to win Tuesday night at home against the Charlotte Hornets to stay in the playoff race.
5. Celebrity skin: The “Baron of Botox,” Fredric Brandt, was found dead by a friend who was staying with him, concerned about the doctor’s well-being as he was under care for depression.