Here’s what Miami is talking about Monday:
1. Holding court: The tennis action continues Monday at the Miami Open with men’s and women’s singles matches. The play will go on without world No. 3, Rafael Nadal, who lost Sunday to 43-rd rank fellow Spaniard Fernando Verdasco.
2. Cleanup: Crews are fanning across Bayfront Park to get things back in order after the three-day music fest Ultra. Traffic is flowing again inb downtown Miami, but as you might imagine, the park needs some TLC.
3. Cool and comfy: That refreshing morning and evening cool South Florida has felt the past few days will stick around much of the week. Yes, highs till get into the 80s (although not on Monday), but the 60s will stay around the edges through Wednesday.
4. Rape charges: Two former minor league baseball players once affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals are expected to be charged with rape Monday.
5. Tragedy on U.S. 27: Eight people were killed and another 10 injured in a church-van crash on U.S. 27 in Glades County, east of Lake Okeechobee. The van was heading back to Fort Pierce from Fort Myers.