Miami Stories

HistoryMiami invites you to share your Miami Story. To submit your story and photo(s), click here. Your story may be posted on MiamiHerald.com, published in Sunday’s Neighbors print edition and archived at HistoryMiami.org/miamistories. This project is a partnership between HistoryMiami, Miami Herald Media Company, WLRN and Michael Weiser, chairman of the National Conference on Citizenship.

Miami Stories

Miami Stories: Flaming sunsets fan memories of a lifetime

There are memories we carry in our hearts and shape who we become. My memories of Miami began on April 27, 1957, when my “pioneering” parents, Lucy and Alan Meyer, brother Joel and I walked down the stairs of a prop plane at Miami International Airport into a strange new world. The air was different, the trees were different, the light brighter, the streets emptier. … We weren’t in New York anymore.

Miami Stories

Miami Stories: Homework prompts memories of life in Cuba

Like every other night, I sit by my window to finish my homework, but tonight the light of the full moon distracted me. It was a beautiful night, but I could only see the full white moon, not the stars. Then I started to remember a time during my childhood when watching the stars was possible every single night.

Miami Stories

Miami Stories: Dancer shares tales of beloved husband

This is an interesting story about a creative, talented man (my dearest husband of 50 years), Herbert Marks. He had an office on Lincoln Road for 60 years. His talent for show business started as a boy when his family had a theater in Boston where they had movies and let talent try out.

UNLIMITED DIGITAL ACCESS

Subscriptions starting at 99 cents per month

Home Delivery Subscribers

Learn how to ACTIVATE
your full Digital Access

NOT a Subscriber?

Show my options >

Tell us your story

HistoryMiami invites you to share your Miami Story. To submit your story and photo(s), click here. Your story may be posted on MiamiHerald.com, published in Sunday’s Neighbors print edition and archived at HistoryMiami.org/miamistories.

This project is a partnership between HistoryMiami, Miami Herald Media Company, WLRN and Michael Weiser, chairman of the National Conference on Citizenship.

Miami Deals

Today's Circulars