Miami Stories

HistoryMiami invites you to share your Miami Story. To submit your story and photo(s), click here. Your story may be posted on MiamiHerald.com, published in Sunday’s Neighbors print edition and archived at HistoryMiami.org/miamistories. This project is a partnership between HistoryMiami, Miami Herald Media Company, WLRN and Michael Weiser, chairman of the National Conference on Citizenship.

Miami Stories

Miami Stories: Flaming sunsets fan memories of a lifetime

There are memories we carry in our hearts and shape who we become. My memories of Miami began on April 27, 1957, when my “pioneering” parents, Lucy and Alan Meyer, brother Joel and I walked down the stairs of a prop plane at Miami International Airport into a strange new world. The air was different, the trees were different, the light brighter, the streets emptier. … We weren’t in New York anymore.

UNLIMITED DIGITAL ACCESS

Subscriptions starting at 99 cents per month

Home Delivery Subscribers

Learn how to ACTIVATE
your full Digital Access

NOT a Subscriber?

Show my options >

Tell us your story

HistoryMiami invites you to share your Miami Story. To submit your story and photo(s), click here. Your story may be posted on MiamiHerald.com, published in Sunday’s Neighbors print edition and archived at HistoryMiami.org/miamistories.

This project is a partnership between HistoryMiami, Miami Herald Media Company, WLRN and Michael Weiser, chairman of the National Conference on Citizenship.

Miami Deals

Today's Circulars