Miami Lakes

News from your community

Select a community or area:

Annual tree lighting ceremony in Miami Lakes | Nov. 28, 2015

The annual tree lighting ceremony on Main Street in Miami Lakes took place Saturday, Nov. 28. It has been a family tradition for more than 30 years, featuring the lighting of Main Street, a meet-and-greet with Santa Claus, performances by local schools, games, prizes and a live DJ.

Miami Lakes

Miami Lakes Mayor Michael Pizzi gives thanks for ‘privilege of serving’

I want to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving Holiday. Thanksgiving is a wonderful opportunity to give thanks to God for all of his Blessings. Too often we fail to focus on what we have and what God has provided, as opposed to always looking for greener pastures. Greener pastures will surely come. But, let us all take a moment and give thanks for our families, our children, our neighbors and the fact hat we live in a wonderful community.

Subscriptions starting at 99 cents per month

Home Delivery Subscribers

Learn how to ACTIVATE
your full Digital Access

NOT a Subscriber?

Show my options >

Miami Lakes

Miami Lakes

Miami Lakes hires outside law firm to defend lawsuits filed by Mayor Pizzi

The town hired Lydecker Diaz to represent it in two lawsuits filed by Mayor Michael Pizzi for reimbursement of legal fees

The council passed a resolution to integrate recommendations made at the town’s transportation submit into the town’s strategic plan

The council agreed on a new business item to review its charter by having workshops and discussion

Miami Lakes

Letter: Why are taxpayers footing the bill for attorney’s fees?

I think I speak for most residents when I say that I feel like I am watching a rerun of the same movie again and again. Miami Lakes taxpayers are facing the loss of tax dollars for attorney’s fees because the city hired a City Attorney with no experience and who simply cannot handle the job. Here are the questions residents are asking.