A Miami mortgage lender moved to foreclose on a home occupied by a family with a daughter afflicted with cerebral palsy. The lender said the parents weren’t making payments. The parents said they’d been misled into taking out the loan.
Despite a new law that sought to resolve challenges to the state's trauma system, Nicklaus Children's Hospital is suing the Florida Department of Health over a clause that would enable Kendall Regional Medical Center to operate a Level I trauma center.
Gabriela Valdes donated her kidney to her husband Abel to save his life. During a press conference on Thursday, April 5, to promote National Donate Life Month, the Kendall couple spoke about their recovery.
An unusual one-on-one classroom method has opened in the Dadeland area: one teacher, one student. Fusion Academy on Feb. 5 opened its first Miami-area school — its 43rd in the United States, including Boca Raton — catering to students from 6th to 12th grades.
Authorities believe Michael Gonzalez, spokes-kid from the Kendall Toyota commercials on Miami-area TV, went into the business of selling something besides cars: drugs. Police say he was involved in a robbery outside an Aventura LA Fitness in a drug rip-off gone fatally wrong.
In an era in which the public is polarized on nearly all political issues, a group of Miami-Dade high school students have conceived and produced a play that focuses on how the media portrays social injustices.
Kendall’s Dr. Lilliam Sanabria received an Emergency Restriction Order banning her from practicing medicine in a surgical setting after she showed up for a surgery unfit to perform. Sanabria was diagnosed with chronic opioid use and moderate depression.
Layne Chesney, 14, a Fort Pierce softball player, suffered third-degree burns on 95 percent of her body after she used a gas can to stoke a dwindling bonfire. She’s in a medically induced coma at Kendall Regional’s burn center in Miami.
Dale Adamson, a Miami middle-school math teacher, filed into his school’s auditorium on Friday for what he thought was an typical assembly. He left with a $25,000 check for his Milken Educator Award, the Oscars for educators.
A family deep-frying a turkey inside the Kendall apartment building at 15221 SW 80th St. ended up sickening six people with carbon monoxide poisoning, Miami-Dade Fire Rescue said. Several floors of the apartment building were evacuated and four people were hospitalized.