Soliant Health, one of the largest healthcare staffing companies in the country, holds an annual contest to rank the 20 most beautiful hospitals in the country based on the architecture and landscape, as well as unique features and photogenic qualities.
This year, Baptist Health South Florida Homestead Hospital placed second on the list, with 82,011 votes out of the total 388, 505 votes submitted this year. Anyone can nominate a hospital for the contest and people can cast multiple votes on the Soliant Health website.
Inspired by Spanish Colonial architecture, Homestead Hospital resembles a castle at a distance. Built in 2007, the hospital stood out this year for its use of natural light and display of palm trees and flowers inside. Other Florida hospitals ranked this year include Flagler Hospital in St. Augustine, Doctors Memorial Hospital in Bonifay and HealthPark Medical Center in Ft. Myers.
Never miss a local story.
The Phoebe Sumter Medical Center in Americus, Georgia, which opened in 2011 after the original facility was destroyed by tornado in 2007, won first place this year.
Soliant is part of Adecco Group North America, which offers professional recruiting and consulting services in multiple U.S. industries, including engineering, legal, finance and information technology.
Follow Rebeca Piccardo on Twitter: @rpicc002.
Soliant Health’s Top 20 Most Beautiful Hospitals in the U.S. for 2015
1) Phoebe Sumter Medical Center, Americus, Georgia.
2) Homestead Hospital, Homestead, Florida.
3) Forest Park Medical Center – San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas.
4) Riverside Regional Medical Center, Newport News, Virginia.
5) HealthPark Medical Center, Ft. Myers, Florida.
6) St. Anthony Regional Hospital & Nursing Home, Carroll, Iowa.
7) Forest Park Medical Center - Southlake, Southlake, Texas.
8) Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Elmhurst, Illinois.
9) Doctors Memorial Hospital, Bonifay, Florida.
10) Mercy Health West Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio.
11) Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center, Waco, Texas.
12) Logan Regional Hospital, Logan, Utah.
13) West Shore Hospital, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
14) Forest Park Medical Center – Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas.
15). Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
16) Southwestern Virginia Mental Health Institute, Marion, Virginia.
17) Adirondack Health, Saranac Lake, New York.
18) Riverview Medical Center, Red Bank, New Jersey.
19) Flagler Hospital, St. Augustine, Florida.
20) Cuyuna Regional Medical Center, St. Crosby, Minnesota.
20) La Rabida Children’s Hospital, Chicago, Illinois.
Soliant Health is taking nominations for next year’s contest until May 1, 2016.