The City of Coral Gables will the night skies on the Fourth of July with a fireworks display over the historic Biltmore hotel.
The site opens to the public at 5 p.m. on Saturday, July 4, at The Biltmore, 1200 Anastasia Ave. At 7 p.m., a concert will take place and at 9 p.m., the fireworks begin.
Last year about 3,000 people gathered. City officials say the 2015 display will be “one of the best” because of Coral Gables’ 90th anniversary.
This year’s event will include a special concert by the Greater Miami Symphonic Band. CBS4 news anchors Irika Sargent, Rick Folbaum and Eliott Rodriguez will be masters of ceremonies.
Never miss a local story.
“Coral Gables has a lot of celebrate this year, and our signature Fourth of July event is the perfect opportunity for the entire community to enjoy,” Gables Mayor Jim Cason said.
The city will offer free parking and shuttle service throughout the evening to and from The Biltmore. Shuttle service begins at 5 p.m. from the following locations.
▪ BankUnited Center Surface Lot: 1245 Dauer Drive
▪ University of Miami Ponce Garage: 5665 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
▪ Coral Gables War Memorial Youth Center Parking Lot: 405 University Drive
▪ Coral Gables Parking Garage 4 – City Hall Shuttle Stop: 385 Andalusia Avenue
The last shuttle will depart for the fireworks at 8:30 p.m.
▪ Ride your bike to the William H. Kerdyk Biltmore Tennis Center, 1150 Anastasia Ave, next to The Biltmore. Hours of operation are 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
For more information visit www.CoralGables.com/July4.