1. In an effort to repair his child welfare track record, Gov. Rick Scott will announce Tuesday in Miami that he is steering $31 million in additional money to child protection efforts, a move aimed at reducing caseloads and increasing oversight of vulnerable children in Florida.
2. The Miami Heat will once again meet the president at the White House in commemoration of the team’s 2013 championship.
3. Commuters are getting used to a new 826/836 interchange with four new ramps and flyovers. Meanwhile, a stretch of northbound I-95 between Northwest Second and Seventh streets will be closed from midnight Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday
4. Preparations are underway for this weekend’s Art Deco Weekend in South Beach. Festivities start Friday and stretch through the weekend.
Never miss a local story.
5. Get ready for the cold. A series of fronts will bring temperatures in the mid-40s to South Florida on Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday’s forecast calls for highs around 80 and lows in the mid-60s.