Miami’s Top 5: What you should know Tuesday
01/14/2014 7:16 AM
01/14/2014 7:42 AM
1. In an effort to repair his child welfare track record, Gov. Rick Scott will announce Tuesday in Miami that he is steering $31 million in additional money to child protection efforts, a move aimed at reducing caseloads and increasing oversight of vulnerable children in Florida.
2. The Miami Heat will once again meet the president at the White House in commemoration of the team’s 2013 championship.
3. Commuters are getting used to a new 826/836 interchange with four new ramps and flyovers. Meanwhile, a stretch of northbound I-95 between Northwest Second and Seventh streets will be closed from midnight Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday
4. Preparations are underway for this weekend’s Art Deco Weekend in South Beach. Festivities start Friday and stretch through the weekend.
5. Get ready for the cold. A series of fronts will bring temperatures in the mid-40s to South Florida on Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday’s forecast calls for highs around 80 and lows in the mid-60s.
Oops, you haven't selected any newsletters. Please check the box next to one or more of our email newsletters and submit again.
Oops, you didn't provide a valid email address. Please double-check the email field and submit again.
Join the Discussion
Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.