Miami's Top 5: What you should know Friday
11/08/2013 7:59 AM
11/08/2013 8:05 AM
1. State lawmakers rejected a proposal to repeal “Stand Your Ground” yesterday. A separate bill was passed expanding protections for people firing warning shots.
2. Expect partly cloudy skies with a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs today will be in the mid-80s and lows in the low-70s.
3. Joe’s Stone Crab is opening an outpost in Washington D.C., about a block from the White House.
4. Jonathan Martin’s new attorney says the Dolphins’ treatment of the lineman is a ‘textbook case’ of bullying.
5. Need ideas for plans with the kids over the long weekend? Here are six things to do with the kids this weekend.
Oops, you haven't selected any newsletters. Please check the box next to one or more of our email newsletters and submit again.
Oops, you didn't provide a valid email address. Please double-check the email field and submit again.
Join the Discussion
Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.