Miami's Top 5: What you should know Thursday
11/07/2013 6:14 AM
11/07/2013 9:31 AM
1. Miami Beach voters became the first in Florida to call for the decriminalization of marijuana for medical use in a Tuesday vote that gives a glimpse of statewide support for the issue.
2. A friendship is gone, and Jonathan Martin is undergoing treatment for what has made Richie Incognito a national villain, but Dolphins players side more with Incognito.
3. On the same night the city of Miami Gardens was responding to a rash of recent shootings in the area, an 11-year-old was transported to the hospital after being shot.
4. For the first time since the 1970s, the number of Americans who get their TV from cable or satellite is falling.
5. Five hours have been set aside for Thursday's "stand your ground" hearing in the Florida House, where changes to the law, including its repeal, will be considered.
Join the Discussion
Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.