Miami’s Top 5: What you should know Thursday
09/26/2013 8:13 AM
09/26/2013 9:42 AM
1. Health insurance rates in South Florida through the new federally run online marketplaces will be among the lowest in the state.
2. Popular Swedish retailer H&M opens at noon Thursday at the Pembroke Lakes Mall in Pembroke Pines, joining other South Florida locations in the Aventura Mall and on Lincoln Road in South Beach.
3. A final budget hearing on staffing and compensation for Miami police will begin after 5 p.m. Thursday.
4. Three new taco shops want to stuff you in South Beach. Taco Belly is a lunch-only, weekday-only taqueria inside the Pubbelly Group’s PB Steak in the Sunset Harbour neighborhood. Two other taquerias – Huahua’s on Lincoln Road and TeQuiztlan on Bay Road— are nearby.
5. A dry start will turn into a wet end on Thursday, with the rain chance at 50 percent and the forecast of afternoon and evening storms. And it’ll be hot, with highs over 90 and a heat index of 99. Better news ahead: Rain chance Friday and Saturday is 20 percent
Join the Discussion
Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.