Miami’s Top 5: What you should know for Friday
08/16/2013 7:25 AM
08/16/2013 7:35 AM
1. A vigil was held for Tequila Forshee, the 12-year-old who was gunned down at her grandmother's home in Miami Gardens, yesterday evening. Police are asking for the public to help and hoping witnesses will come forward.
2. Expect mostly cloudy weather with chance for thunderstorms and a high of 90. Tropical Storm Erin continues in the Atlantic. Track the storm here.
3. The month-long student protest in the Florida Capitol came to an end Thursday, the Miami-based group known as the Dream Defenders announced.
4. Miami-Dade County’s plan to cut back libraries has been reduced from the 22 possible cuts to four.
5. Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade, who can become a free agent next year, announced yesterday at the kick off of his annual basketball fantasy camp that he has no plans on leaving Miami.
Join the Discussion
Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.