1. The Miami Dolphins hit the field at 7:30 p.m. in Jacksonville against the Jaguars in the second preseason game. Coach Joe Philbin is looking for the starters to play better after a loss Sunday to the Dallas Cowboys.
2. Don’t be surprised if you get wet again. Rain chance is 40 percent for South Florida (and hot, too, with a high of 90). But the good news: The weekend will be clearer, with a 20 percent chance of rain.
3. How much money does Florida have? That’s what a group of economists are trying to figure out Friday as they draw up forecasts for how much money the state is expected to collect in taxes over the next few years. The economists will use the estimates for a three-year financial outlook.
4. The man accused of killing his wife and posting the status on Facebook is expected in Miami-Dade circuit court for a first appearance. Derek Medina told police he killed his wife, Jennifer Alfonso, whose bloody body was posted in a status update on Medina’s Facebook page shortly after her death.
Never miss a local story.
5. It’s the last day of camp for many kids, leading up to a week off before school starts on Aug. 19. Some parents are taking off next week to be with the children, others are looking for extended summer programs.