If you love to entertain but are fresh out of ideas, score points as the host that truly thinks outside the box by harking back to your earliest days having friends over. Just break out the board games and playing cards, and stay in for a classic game night! Not only will you avoid the crowds, parking fees and any inclement weather, but you won’t need a DD. Whether you go the traditional route with Monopoly and Risk or opt for something newer — like Cards Against Humanity — you’re sure to hit a sweet spot: equal parts laid-back get-together and creative crowd-pleaser. Step up your game with some playful cocktails and a few bite-size treats, and who knows? This might even become your signature event.
Where to Buy
01. Jacques Game Table: Jonathan Adler, Miami Design District; 4040 NE 2nd Ave.; 305.576.0200; jonathanadler.com
03. Nachtmann Highland Tumblers: Bed Bath and Beyond; 19205 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura; 305.935.6244; bedbathandbeyond.com
04. Snow Leopard Faux Fur Beanbag: PB Teen; pbteen.com
05. Crushed Bamboo Swoop Serving Bowl: Sur La Table, Shops at Pembroke Gardens; 301 SW 145th Terr.; 954.266.3510; surlatable.com
06. DC Comics Bombshells Playing Cards: Hot Topic, The Falls; 8888 SW 136 St., Miami; 305.256.3840; hottopic.com